Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! (19101 Views)

Nairaland Did Not Do Well. They Rejected My Advert / What Nairaland Did To Me / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisii: 9:05am On Aug 16, 2012
justwise:

I ask you again. . .why are you still here? I thought you claimed to have deleted all your posts couple of weeks ago because you want to leave nl? If you don't like nl and fears for your privacy then why not delete all your posts and get lost.
no problem
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2012
Thank you for telling us.

But i have several suggestions to make;

1. increase your mod and give each of them different assignments to do, one mod should get rid of silly and unviewable posts, some others should be given the responsibility of attending solely to complains, while others should delete spam, irrelevant topics or thread.

2.Create a platform were everyone has an inbox here on nairaland, so emails stop going to your own mailbox outside nairaland.

3.Go through all your memebers id and delete irrelevant id's or id's which have not been used in a long while or id's people no longer want.

4. Try as much as possible to run NL in such a way that a member has just 2 or 3 accounts and any member who has more than two or 3 that you are aware of should have the others deleted.

5. let topics on each thread be separated by date. Older topics should be arranged according to dates for example topics for last year should be not be in this year's folder, e.t.c.

6.Choose moderators who wont be biased and who would do their jobs as it ought to be done, with absolute sincerity and fairness.

7. the rules of nairaland should be boldly displayed and the member must agree to the rules before he is allowed to type a topic and immediately he posts or does anything not according to the rules then the post, thread or topic should be deleted straight and should not even show on nairaland that it is hidden or anything.

8. Upgrade this site, change the look of it, do re-branding please, make it more attractive!

9. select a good team!

I know all this can be done, if you are ready to do it.Seriously! undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by jaybee3(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2012
AmBeautiful: Thank you for telling us.

But i have several suggestions to make;

1. increase your mod and give each of them different assignments to do, one mod should get rid of silly and unviewable posts, some others should be given the responsibility of attending solely to complains, while others should delete spam, irrelevant topics or thread.
What happens if one or two of the mods in any given section is tied up for whatever reason and can't get the time to do there respective mod duties on NL. Are you in anyway suggesting the duties of those mod should now be left unanttended?
Flexibility should always be embedded as routine in all practices

AmBeautiful:
2.Create a platform were everyone has an inbox here on nairaland, so emails stop going to your own mailbox outside nairaland.
Have you ever thought about financial constraints doing such will throw at him?
Have you ever considered why system crashes?
NL is still privately owned and until the user gets adequate/more investment then we have to work with whatever we are provided with

AmBeautiful:
3.Go through all your memebers id and delete irrelevant id's or id's which have not been used in a long while or id's people no longer want.
How do you define irrelevant? Do you mean obsolete accounts? Makes sense in practical sense but then again the success of online business can only be quantified/mesured by the number of users that visit the sites. The owner is a business man so you don't suppose he kills his own business just because he wants to make few people happy.

AmBeautiful:
4. Try as much as possible to run NL in such a way that a member has just 2 or 3 accounts and any member who has more than two or 3 that you are aware of should have the others deleted.
Same as #3

AmBeautiful:
5. let topics on each thread be separated by date. Older topics should be arranged according to dates for example topics for last year should be not be in this year's folder, e.t.c.
Extra functionality that will only duplicate an already exisiting one. Topics already become active and ordered by posting time hence the most recent updated topics appear on the front page of each section.

AmBeautiful:
6.Choose moderators who wont be biased and who would do their jobs as it ought to be done, with absolute sincerity and fairness.
Moderators are human and they do try there posible best to make the site sane. There are numerous channels available to complain if a user feels being victimised by a moderator.
understanding that no system can ever be perfect will sure make each and everyone's NL life a lot easier

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by spicyv1(f): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2012
Olodostein:

You never engage in any reputable topic; you are simply an ambulance chaser and a sycophamt brainwashed pri.ck who derives his sense of worth from the internet. A man who thinks, behave, react and writes like a woman. Take a look at your syntax, so bloody dull with no substance.

Open a thread on any subject including the one you studied and lets us check out IQ's.

Dokita !!

Not attempting to partake in your debates but I couldn't help but ask, how does a woman think, act, react and write?

Thank you for replying with civility.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by justwise(m): 10:56am On Aug 16, 2012
Olodostein:

You never engage in any reputable topic; you are simply an ambulance chaser and a sycophamt brainwashed pri.ck who derives his sense of worth from the internet. A man who thinks, behave, react and writes like a woman. Take a look at your syntax, so bloody dull with no substance.

Open a thread on any subject including the one you studied and lets us check out IQ's.

Dokita !!

This is coming from somebody who claimed to have any functioning brain cell? What a waste of space.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by pdidi(m): 10:59am On Aug 16, 2012
I did click the link but I became suspicious when my system's security warned me that it might be malicious! On a closer look,I saw that it was an executable file as against a pdf file it should be! So I denied it access to be opened or installed!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
jay bee:
What happens if one or two of the mods in any given section is tied up for whatever reason and can't get the time to do there respective mod duties on NL. Are you in anyway suggesting the duties of those mod should now be left unanttended?
Flexibility should always be embedded as routine in all practices

Have you ever thought about financial constraints doing such will throw at him?
Have you ever considered why system crashes?
NL is still privately owned and until the user gets adequate/more investment then we have to work with whatever we are provided with

How do you define irrelevant? Do you mean obsolete accounts? Makes sense in practical sense but then again the success of online business can only be quantified/mesured by the number of users that visit the sites. The owner is a business man so you don't suppose he kills his own business just because he wants to make few people happy.

Same as #3

Extra functionality that will only duplicate an already exisiting one. Topics already become active and ordered by posting time hence the most recent updated topics appear on the front page of each section.

Moderators are human and they do try there posible best to make the site sane. There are numerous channels available to complain if a user feels being victimised by a moderator.
understanding that no system can ever be perfect will sure make each and everyone's NL life a lot easier

U are a mod, stop defending urself and seun.
Its just an obsevation, You can't just continue running something without changes or re-branding.

I reported some comments on nl, nobody did a thing till I posted on the front page then came sex-killz.
I think some reasons for some things on nl is because there is no change, peolpe don't know the rules and people feel, if the rules are broken, then all they do is get another I'd.
Ok if u suspend an I'd for a year is it not as good as killing the I'd for a time?

Nl is one very popular site which has a high member and guest turnout than some sites I have visited and if handled well and alright will bring huge returns.

I am sure the owner of this site knows this, though it would take a lot but the gains would be better and the site would be bigger and better and well organized.

I am sure in all my rubbish though I made some sense.

Its just my opinion, its not necessry u read or take, u can hide it,as is the trend!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ace1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
justwise:

You are such a useless human being, where did you get that nonsense from? You are as clueless as the 'hacker' you claimed to have met online.

Hahahaha... Dnt mind these people. Passwords are encrypted b4 dey r saved in the database if u must know so how can the mods know ur password? People just talk out of Ignorance.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
Yes no system can be perfect, but does it mean there should be no re-branding or changes or room for daily improvement? undecided
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ace1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
Seun: Your email address is never exposed on NL2. Moderators and super-moderators can't get your email address.

No matter how much u try to explain, they will neva understand because they don't listen, instead they'll be claiming they know more u than u even do. You've done well by informing people about this

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ace1(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
Mr--Why:

The owner of this forum should heed to this lady and introduce the Deactivation button OR.......

If u deactivate an account, what will happen to the educative posts from those accounts?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ace1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
Decryptor: Seun will never add the deactivate account button because he "gets kicks" from seeing the number of registered NL users soar upward. He's currently waiting for when it will hit 1,000,000 members. Introducing the deactivation button will reverse that trend/ambition.

If the deactivation button is introduced and a user deactivates his/her accounts, what will happen 2 informative and educative post made by these users. I for one av learnt a lot from Nairaland dats y I'm saying dis

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by tpia5: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
But it states clearly that moderators will be able to view your email address when you use the "report to moderators" button. Why are you denying that moderators don't have access to your email address?

can anybody for once cut the unnecessary merry go round and answer this question?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by tpia5: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
ace1:

No matter how much u try to explain, they will neva understand because they don't listen, instead they'll be claiming they know more u than u even do. You've done well by informing people about this

can you help seun out by explaining what i just quoted in my other post?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ace1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
mrs_acidtalk: My Dear Husband (acidtalk) suggested something to make nairaland a better place and his post wasn't only hidden, he was aslso banned.

Nairalanders take a look at the link below and air your honest opinion if such treatement needed to be placed on my dear husband?

https://www.nairaland.com/1019176/nairaland-members-ask-immediate-election

It is now OBVIOUS Seun is 100% aware of the ill manners of his moderators and totally support them.

What was wrong in suggesting we vote for our own moderators and other issue in that link?

My dear country people make una be the judge ontop this important matter wey affect all of us.

Also remember dat Nairaland is a private owned entity and we no dey contribute server money 4 dem. We get worse from foreign companies doing business in Nigeria buh we do nothing about it. U can't tell notjustok.com what songs to post or how dey manage their blog.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by tpia5: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Also remember dat Nairaland is a private owned entity and we no dey contribute server money 4 dem

so you believe seun and co arent making a kobo from nl and its members?

na charity work?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
tpia@:

na charity work?

pls o who is the CO undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ace1(m): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
tpia@:

na charity work?

He's making money for sure. Buh av u ever tried running even a blog with heavy traffic before? No be beans my brother. I guess you can tell facebook or twitter how they should run their site too
tpia@:

na charity work?

He's making money for sure. Buh av u ever tried running even a blog with heavy traffic before? No be beans my brother. I guess you can also tell facebook or twitter how they should run their site too
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Obinoscopy(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
@acidtalk

You were banned for your derailing posts here on this very thread and not because of the thread you created on the need for election of moderator thing
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by justwise(m): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
tpia@:

can anybody for once cut the unnecessary merry go round and answer this question?

Are you for real? Will you not see somebody's email address if they sent you an email?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by 365naijanews(m): 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2012
That is very gud to hear sir.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by maryswags: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2012
ismhab: SO WHO SEND IT?

undecided
ismhab: SO WHO SEND IT?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tipper Crushes Boy Dead In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Run Whatsapp Without Internet Connection? / You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.