Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! (18933 Views)

Nairaland Did Not Do Well. They Rejected My Advert / What Nairaland Did To Me / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Seun(m): 11:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Valued Nairalanders,

This evening, a spammer sent out a lot of spam mails in such a way that they appeared to have been sent from Nairaland (my official email address).

I'd like to inform everyone that we did not send that mail, that they were not sent from Nairaland's systems or accounts, and that you should not click the link in the e-mail.

The link in the email probably points to a fraudulent document, some form of malware/virus, or both, so please don't click on it.

Have a great evening!

See also: How Did The Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Thanks for the heads-up.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onandon: 11:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
second to reply
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 15, 2012
Third.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 15, 2012
Hmmm! Na wa o! Thanks for the info Mr Seun if not na me for first fall mugu! But Naija people una get talent o! Kai!!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by franksunny(m): 12:11am On Aug 15, 2012
9ja boiz
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Ariyke: 12:12am On Aug 15, 2012
thanks 4 the info
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 15, 2012
oMG!! Seun are you serious?!

I already sent $3000 to my Liberty account. Will NL refund my money? Seun, how do I get my money back from you?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by obalola7: 12:15am On Aug 15, 2012
Seun: Valued Nairalanders,

This evening, a spammer sent out a lot of spam mails in such a way that they appeared to have been sent from Nairaland (my official email address).

I'd like to inform everyone that we did not send that mail, and that they were not sent from Nairaland's systems or accounts, and that you should not click the link in the e-mail.

The link in the email probably points to a fraudulent document, some form of malware/virus, or both, so please don't click on it.

Have a great evening!

I guess Seun took it seriously now because his name and email appeared to have been compromised

There was no response when this was sent: https://www.nairaland.com/998956/nairaland-privacy-law[quote author=Seun]Valued Nairalanders,

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by cheks22(m): 12:17am On Aug 15, 2012
Ok!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 12:21am On Aug 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I already sent $3000 to my Liberty account. Will NL refund my money? Seun, how do I get my money back from you?

Please, ask him. I just sent £80 there. undecided cry grin
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 15, 2012
pDude: Baba Seun, how naw. See as you dey protect this ya dead nairaland like new born baby. Even if it was not from nairaland, we don't really care. cheesy

Maybe it was sent by one of those your spambots which normally go wild and ban people at random. Don't ya think so? Now you are trying to cover up your incompetence.

I dey laff you. grin
this is not funny at all! Do u know how many innocent nairalanders that would have fallen prey?if Telecom companies and other business organisations can send messages to their customers warning them about scam,I don't see the reason why seun wouldn't do the same.afterall NL belongs to him!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 15, 2012
kandiikane:

Please, ask him. I just sent £80 there. undecided cry

We need to sue Seun. . . this aint fair. So much scamming on NL. I want moi money back sad
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ehis00(m): 12:23am On Aug 15, 2012
wow seun, i hope say dem neva send virus to my system from nairaland oh
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 12:23am On Aug 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

We need to sue Seun. . . this aint fair. So much scamming on NL. I want moi money back sad

No no, We will find alternatives. Court is not the answer. grin
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ehis00(m): 12:24am On Aug 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

crooks full 9ja oh. Lol

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by CrazyMan(m): 12:25am On Aug 15, 2012
Thanks for the info Seun. It has been noated.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 15, 2012
Apparently, Seun`s Nairaland email has been hacked. @ insiders undecided
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by ismhab(m): 12:36am On Aug 15, 2012
SO WHO SEND IT?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Seun(m): 12:38am On Aug 15, 2012
chipmunkey: Apparently, Seun`s Nairaland email has been hacked. @ insiders undecided
Nope, that's a comprehension error on your part. They didn't have to hack anything. The email was sent from a spam server/domain.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by fittty(m): 12:53am On Aug 15, 2012
BeWARE!!!!!!! Guys I'll advise u all not to use your general password and real email when registering with any nigerian website. Whether nairaland or any land. The moderators have access to your email and password and that's where hacking starts from. Some people act right and innocent just to gain trust to be a moderator but deep down have d intention of collecting peoples data and personal inormation. And when they eventually become moderators they secretly go logging into members personal details such as yahoomail and possibly online banking details cos they. Have your password that u use generally. I'm talking from experience. I met a hacker online who told me how they work. I hope the dubious moderators that are here on nairaland don't hide my post cos its d truth....... Member pls Be warned!!!!!!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by CrazyMan(m): 12:53am On Aug 15, 2012
But Seun how do they keep getting our e-mails. Cos I've received something similar to this in the past. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 15, 2012
Seun:
Nope, that's a comprehension error on your part. They didn't have to hack anything. The email was sent from a spam server/domain.
Oooops! @ spam server/domain. Lol! I`ll just google that and learn something new.
Not bothered anyway cuz i`d be last last person to fall victim of a spam ättack.
Now you and your spambot have real spammers to deal with. Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 15, 2012

11 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 15, 2012
ooseven: ONCE AGAIN, PROVIDE US THE 'DEACTIVATE' BUTTON, TO DELETE ACCOUNTS WE NO LONGER NEED ON THIS FORUM. It doesn't mean we are leaving Nairaland, because we are already hooked on it. We just want to free our initial log-on details as we now have one specifically for nairaland. Please provide it so i can set 'moodie' free.

Go to "Google Search engine". Type "Treasure map". The map will show you an "X-mark the spot" destination. Before you start on your journey, log out of NL and never reply again. Namaste! May the God of Dubloon be with you.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by etchel(m): 1:50am On Aug 15, 2012
My issue here is why cant nairaland have an email system so we could communicate with 1 anoda freely with no error random prob.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 1:59am On Aug 15, 2012
^What are you ranting about?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by obowunmi(m): 2:28am On Aug 15, 2012
kandiikane: ^What are you ranting about?

LoooooL
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 15, 2012
There's supposed to be some way to prevent anyone from sending email using "email@nairaland.com" when the email is not coming from NL Servers.

Can't remember where I saw that.

Any Ideas?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fatal Truck Accident In Ibadan, Woman Killed, Two Others Injured / >> Nairaland Oldbies Meet Here 2006-2009 Section / Glo New Yakata Plan: All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.