Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays (8428 Views)

28th & 29th July: Eidel Fitri Public Holidays / 15th And 16th October Declared Public Holidays For Eid-ul-Adha / Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by akanke79: 2:03am On Aug 15, 2012
Hamburg is becoming the first German city to recognize Islamic holidays for its 150,000-strong Muslim community.

The decision, based on which Muslim employees and students can celebrate holidays at home, forms part of an agreement between the north German city and local Muslim groups, the Associated Press reported on Tuesday.

Muslims are going to celebrate the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan in the weekend.

The city of two million people has already recognized the holidays of Christian and Jewish communities.

The mayor of Hamburg, Olaf Scholz, expressed hopes other German cities would follow suit.

Conservatives and far-right groups feel unhappy with the growing public presence of Islamic culture in Germany.

Police are on alert in Berlin for possible violence this weekend after a small far-right party announced plans to stage protests outside mosques in the German

capital.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/08/14/256263/hamburg-recognizes-muslim-holidays/

5 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by tbaba1234: 2:24am On Aug 15, 2012
yay!!
Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 15, 2012
Germany has been receptive to Muslims in the past. There was a time when they deemed Islamophobes and Right wing populists as extremists who pose a threat to unity.
I think their history with the Nazis is what makes them sympathetic to those suffering religious intolerance.

1 Like

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by maclatunji: 9:19am On Aug 15, 2012
E_monkey: Germany has been receptive to Muslims in the past. There was a time when they deemed Islamophobes and Right wing populists as extremists who pose a threat to unity.
I think their history with the Nazis is what makes them sympathetic to those suffering religious intolerance.

You don't say? By the way E_Monkey, your ban has expired on your account.

OP, I am feeling your posts.

1 Like

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by maclatunji: 9:47am On Aug 15, 2012
@Freiburger, when is Freiburg following this example?
Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Afam4eva(m): 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
I hope they don't become the first German city to get bombed by Al Quaeda, lol

On a more serious note, it's a right step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by CeaserB: 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
Next Up Is The Clamour For A Sharia Law.
Give Them A Spoon And They Will Ask For A Shovel. grin
#EnoughSaid

15 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Freiburger(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
maclatunji: @Freiburger, when is Freiburg following this example?
lol grin
Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Dawdy(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
Good news! Nice to hear.

1 Like

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Chanchit: 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hitler won't be happy with this, i knw he would be crying in hell rite now, begging the devil to give him the opportunity to come destroy that mayor...
It still shows that christians tolerates...
Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
We can yay all we want but would UAE or Saudi ever offer similar privilege to Christians ?

5 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by guyluv(m): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
Right decision indeed!

1 Like

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by wandeay: 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by klax(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
They will regret it when the time will come lets wait and see. They never know when you give Muslim a room he will later come to claim the Mansion as a matter of fact drive out you out of the house and intimidate you.

Germany will weep for this error watch out.

4 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Freiburger(m): 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
wandeay: they've made one of life's biggest mistakes
Why? and how?

1 Like

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by klax(m): 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
Biggest Error of their live I repeat German will weep for tis mistake thogh it may take long surely it will come I can bet it. A Algeria friend I just call right now who lives in that area of Germany just told me straight and I quote "Victory No 1". that is what he just told right now. Germany goodluck to you.

2 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by spearman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
Meaningless gesture
Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Dawdy(m): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
See d haters, I can see the sign of disappointment, U wil ever be dissapointed, Allah has spoken, “They want to extinguish Allah’s Light
with their mouths, but Allah will not
allow except that His Light should be
perfected even though the
disbelievers hate it”. [Al-Qur'an 9:32].

25 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Freiburger(m): 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
klax: Biggest Error of their live I repeat German will weep for tis mistake thogh it may take long surely it will come I can bet it. A Algeria friend I just call right now who lives in that area of Germany just told me straight and I quote "Victory No 1". that is what he just told right now. Germany goodluck to you.
The same Algeria that has gained ground in France have they done any harm to France? give me a break. Why is it always difficult for people to understand that the best strategy for security is freedom?

3 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by kennyosein(m): 5:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hope other cities simulate it.
Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Tattooboy: 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: I hope they don't become the first German city to get bombed by Al Quaeda, lol

On a more serious note, it's a right step in the right direction.
Fool. Ask me why? Go to hell!
Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by mmmustapha(m): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
Oh Allah illiteracy is a disease, Hear dis haters of islam, do ur religion n allow me to do mine.

2 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Basic(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dawdy: See d haters, I can see the sign of disappointment, U wil ever be dissapointed, Allah has spoken, “They want to extinguish Allah’s Light
with their mouths, but Allah will not
allow except that His Light should be
perfected even though the
disbelievers hate it”. [Al-Qur'an 9:32].

Leave them to pass there baseless hatred-filled comments. Whosoever is angry at this should plunge himself into the lagoon.

4 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Freiburger(m): 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
@gramci
Is that necessary? can you blame the silly idealogy of some mug-shots on a whole religion?
Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by klax(m): 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
Qoute "The same Algeria that had gained ground in France have they done any harm to France? give me a break. Why is it always difficult for people to understand that the best strategy for seurity is freedom?"

Do I hear you say freedom??
So Bokoharam are fighting because they were not free or do not have freedom?

You must be jokin its you that need to give us a break because you are one of the pretender less inform muslim in the house. Please dive us a break please when well thinking poeple talk just keep quiet ok.

3 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by ismhab(m): 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
GOD BLESS THEM.

2 Likes

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by SamMilla1(m): 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
I dont know how this is our business here in Nigeria. They can cancel Christmas holidays for all i care.

1 Like

Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by Moukafoam(f): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
The same Algeria that has gained ground in France have they done any harm to France? give me a break. Why is it always difficult for people to understand that the best strategy for security is freedom?

Algerian muslim action is one of the problems France is facing till today!
Re: Hamburg: 1st German City To Recognize Muslim Holidays by nextdoor84(m): 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hope cities like jeddah,mecca,cairo,tunis,islamabad and rabat,tehran should reciprocate this gesture to their minority christian and jewish population!!until then shall we all know that the world is safe...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth / Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like / 14 Must Do Things During Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.