Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

PHCN Workers Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Workers Strike (883 Views)

FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers / PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply / Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Workers Strike by psalmizt(m): 8:58am On Aug 15, 2012
It is with a heavy heart that I have put this piece together. Rumour has it that PHCN workers are on strike as a result of a disagreement with the severance package proposed by the FG. Currently some of us have been in darkness for over a week now while some are clamouring that the they have had constant power cry cry cry cry. The annoying thing here is that no one is talking about the strike and it seems the rest of the country have simply moved on. This is quite unfair and I wish Nairaland can help in trashing out this...

Moderator, a front page plssssssssssssssssssssss wink
Re: PHCN Workers Strike by ayodeji1(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2012
Very good!I wanted to start a thread on this as well,but now that u have,all well and good.I find it rather amusing that while some are claiming to have uninterrupted power in their area,and still counting,some are experiencing the opposite due to the so-called strike.so I begin to think,is this a general strike or just the normal ploy by these phcn workers to sabotage the country's power sector?Mr moderator,front page pls.
Re: PHCN Workers Strike by Biggyd2: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2012
I wanted to confirm too. Some one told me yesterday that they are on strike. Another person told me over the weekend that she went to pay her bill and those people REJECTED her money and told her to go back from where she came because they were on strike. I have not seen light for 4 days now! What is going on?
Re: PHCN Workers Strike by psalmizt(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2012
ayodeji1: Very good!I wanted to start a thread on this as well,but now that u have,all well and good.I find it rather amusing that while some are claiming to have uninterrupted power in their area,and still counting,some are experiencing the opposite due to the so-called strike.so I begin to think,is this a general strike or just the normal ploy by these phcn workers to sabotage the country's power sector?Mr moderator,front page pls.

I am beginning to think that we (Followers) are the problem of this country and not the RULERS... How can a group of persons plunge a nation into darkness as a means of registering their grievances... I tire for this country sef... Govt offend una, na to cut power which the masses need for survival... Useless Union People... Left to me they don't deserve any severance package cos they have been useless for the most part of their existence... Abi is there anyone that wishes NEPA ppl well? I think they challenge the Nigerian Police as the most hated institution in Nigeria angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Edo State Govt New Tax Regime And UBTH / Nigeria’s Biggest Oil Fraudsters, The Worst Subsidy Scam Ever / The Beauty Of Crime And Offence Of Hardwork And Education In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.