Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers (6719 Views)

Privatisation Of PHCN A Fraud, Electricity Workers Tell Buhari / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers / Picture Of PHCN Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Forester45(m): 7:39am On Nov 01, 2012
Workers, Gov Wamakko on warpath over flogging of PHCN workers
November 1, 2012 | 1:00 am
News

Electricity workers in the North-West Zone has given a seven-day ultimatum to Governor Magatakada Wamakko of Sokoto State within which to apologise for allegedly floggingtwo officials of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, in his office.

The electricity workers accused Wamakko of personally whipping Engr. Moses Osigwe, Business Manager of Gwiwa Business Unit of PHCN, and two other staff, Mallam Isyaku Daura, Officer II (Electrical) and Nuruddeen Mohammed, Staff l(Lines), after accusing them of being responsible for the failure of two SMVA transformers serving his home town, Wamakko.

In an earlier letter entitled Demand for Unreserved Apology and Payment of Compensation for Assault on Our Members, signed by the Assistant General Secretary of the electricity workers’ union in the zone, Mr. Moses Amedu, the union had alleged that Governor Wamakko personally beat the three officials before directing armed policemen attached to the Government House to continue with their torture.

The letter, with reference NUEE/AGS/NW/KD/201 2/120, dated October 31, 2012, said: “We are shocked beyond imagination to learn that on October 20, you invited the Business Manager and two Officers to your house, where you subjected them to inhuman treatment by personally whipping them mercilessly and then ordered their continuous flogging by the Mobile Policemen attached to your office.

“As the Chief Security Officer of the state, whom we are supposed to rely on for the security of the staff and equipment of PHCN in Sokoto State, you have betrayed our hope by this singular and unwarranted act.

“This action can be best described as a rampage and uncontrolled anger. Therefore, except you renew our hope and confidence and tender an unreserved public apology to the staff you have dehumanised, we can no longer guarantee the continuous service of our members in Sokoto State.

“You should also be prepared to pay compensation that will be sent to your office soon. Accordingly, one week is sufficient to do this.”

However, the one-week ultimatum given by the workers expired yesterday without Wamakko tendering the apology, prompting the union to ask
its members to embark on strike if the governor failed to pay compensation and tender an open apology for his action.

The union said: “We regret the inconveniences this unfortunate incident and subsequent action of the union may cause the good citizens of Sokoto State.”

The PHCN workers asked the people of state to hold their governor responsible for any eventuality.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/workers-gov-wamakko-on-warpath-over-flogging-of-phcn-workers/

1 Like

Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Afam4eva(m): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2012
lol grin
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by 234GT(m): 9:19am On Nov 01, 2012
Ever since I read the initial story last week or so, one question has remained on my mind. Did someone hold the phcn staff down for the governor to flog?
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Nasri100(m): 9:21am On Nov 01, 2012
WHY IS THERE NO LIGHT IN MY AREA FOR 3 DAYS NOW?WHY IS THERE NO LIGHT IN MY AREA FOR 3 DAYS NOW?WHY IS THERE NO LIGHT IN MY AREA FOR 3 DAYS NOW?
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Suljosh: 9:23am On Nov 01, 2012
Oh our leaders!!
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by eikeem(m): 9:23am On Nov 01, 2012
I'd love to see the video of the flogging. I'm still wondering how a grown-up man would allow himself to be flogged by fellow man.

1 Like

Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Ice4jez(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2012
very stupidp rich aboki.no be him fault since nigeria no send the poor masses
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Tonicbaby(f): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2012
Nice action by de union.
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Chemical2(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2012
This is turning out to be another episode!!! The governor should apologize and move on instead of throwing the state into darkness. Served in Illela LGA, though power is always not available there as at 2009.
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by agb2011(f): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2012
Seriously, they shud make him pay. Why would a state governor subject his citizens to torture for Christ sake?
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by watchindelta(m): 9:31am On Nov 01, 2012
I dn,t kn what to say grin 2badt yeye rotting eggs lipsrsealed
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by samkel(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2012
he must LEAVE THAT OFFICE IMMEDIATELY, HE IS NOT FIT TO BE DERE sad sad[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Rooneyboy(m): 9:42am On Nov 01, 2012
But what was this man really thinking

Or did he mistake them for sheeps

Aboki and their love for cattles

grin grin grin
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 01, 2012
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" sad ------ Lord Acton

1 Like

Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Rooneyboy(m): 9:46am On Nov 01, 2012
eikeem: I'd love to see the video of the flogging. I'm still wondering how a grown-up man would allow himself to be flogged by fellow man.

see this guy , do u expect him to have resisted being flogged with personal army guys guarding the governor
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by agohavivi(f): 9:49am On Nov 01, 2012
A thread on this issue came on front page previously and to my surprise a lot of people supported the governors actions. How come he never realised PHCN was a disappointment till his village was affected? Its not a surprise, after all the government house runs on generator generated power so he wouldn't be bothered how others cope. I can't imagine why a so called governor would flog a full grown man like himself to bits. Even if it where his son, that's taking laws into his hands? If he had performed so well as a governor why haven't we heard his praises? Sometime ago a governors convoy slapped a mother taking her kids to school and nothing happened later this same governor got his assistant to beat up a reverend priest and this led to him loosing a second term in office. Being a governor puts no man above the law neither does it create a state of being supernatural. I bet development in his state is below mediocrity yet he'll lash at anyone who to his estimation, isn't performing. Kettle calling the pot black.

2 Likes

Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by megxo(m): 9:52am On Nov 01, 2012
bt i for like flog d ones wey de responsible 4 power 4 ma area wo cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by airfinance(m): 10:00am On Nov 01, 2012
The useless govenor so Sabi speak sef
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 01, 2012
airfinance: The useless govenor so Sabi speak sef

What do you mean by that ehn? My friend the Gov is the Head Boy of SOKOTO state and has the rigth to flog any stupid student wey no dey hear word! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 01, 2012
This Governor must think that he is dealing with one of his Sons or something. WTF?!

How can someone act like that in this "Age".
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Royalty1(m): 11:08am On Nov 01, 2012
PHCN should go ahead and Sue the Shameless Governor.
Its such a shame that the Governor would belittle himself to such a stupid level.

Let the strike begin. The workers should also forward their complaint to the National Assembly and Senate.
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by gistme24(m): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2012
agoha_vivi: A thread on this issue came on front page previously and to my surprise a lot of people supported the governors actions. How come he never realised PHCN was a disappointment till his village was affected? Its not a surprise, after all the government house runs on generator generated power so he wouldn't be bothered how others cope. I can't imagine why a so called governor would flog a full grown man like himself to bits.

I was more than shocked when I saw how the posts seemed to justify the Governor's action in the first thread.
For me, another reason why immunity should be removed for Governors.
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by genieplus86(f): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2012
One wonders how much money and influence is enough. It appears as though they act like an opiate that leads to addiction. When rich and influential persons are caught breaking the law they should be dealt with just like ordinary people. Our Constitution demands it.But our govt is a joke
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Wsdm: 11:52am On Nov 01, 2012
This is the result of imposing a governor on the electorate. This man was the tool that was used on the controversy that brought about Ayo Salami's predicament. If he was allowed to go by then, his misbehavior would not have caused this embarrassment. Where are the so-called human right activist? Where is the law of the land? The only differences between this and the ALUU 4 is because; it was not covered and they didn't die.

1 Like

Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by otokx(m): 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
Interesting
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Teepeemumsy(f): 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dats d major reason dis nation is in Shambles...if only d rule "Do unto odas wat u wish done 2 u"cud b adherd 2
agoha_vivi: A thread on this issue came on front page previously and to my surprise a lot of people supported the governors actions. How come he never realised PHCN was a disappointment till his village was affected? Its not a surprise, after all the government house runs on generator generated power so he wouldn't be bothered how others cope. I can't imagine why a so called governor would flog a full grown man like himself to bits. Even if it where his son, that's taking laws into his hands? If he had performed so well as a governor why haven't we heard his praises? Sometime ago a governors convoy slapped a mother taking her kids to school and nothing happened later this same governor got his assistant to beat up a reverend priest and this led to him loosing a second term in office. Being a governor puts no man above the law neither does it create a state of being supernatural. I bet development in his state is below mediocrity yet he'll lash at anyone who to his estimation, isn't performing. Kettle calling the pot black.
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Bambela(m): 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
This Aboki governor sef: who flogged you for your failed administration?
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by highchief3(m): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
Where is the NLC & CO, the opposition parties inko? Let them speak up or do something, occupy some were or something! If na fuel matter now them go show face collect their roger!
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Iolo(m): 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
This workers should take the governor to court instead of writing stupid letters and calling meaningless strikes.
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
I knew it would come to this..
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by otokx(m): 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Iolo: This workers should take the governor to court instead of writing stupid letters and calling meaningless strikes.

immunity clause
Re: Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers by redsun(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
This is "democrazy" at it height.Even Idiagbon wasnt that crude,neither was Buhari.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give Us Biafra, All SS/SE Are Saying, Give Us Biafra / I Was Used And Dumped, Orji Uzor Cries Out From Prison / VIDEO: IPOB’s ESN Undergoing Training / Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.