Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. (3166 Views)

Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / Bible And Quran: Donot Be Unequally Yoked With Unbelievers. / Do Not Be Unequally Yoked Up With Unbelievers - Zac Poonen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
My soul has grown weary. Not that kind of weary that results from a tiring argument where one tires from the difficulty of getting through to an opponent. This kind is difficult to describe in a name.

While we are fighting so hard to bring so many to know the Lord, we are neglecting our own house. This was never the Lord's way nor His desire. Our witness was always supposed to be more than just words or arguments. It was supposed to be the whole life in full expression.

We have careers to express Christ in, family issues to bring under His Rule and Authority, relationships to carry on under His Eye, businesses to build to provide His solutions to societal problems, political issues to offer sanctified opinions in. And we insist on winning those who have rejected to be (edit) convinced by argument? Why?

Tears threaten while I type this. I have a full life to learn to live under the Hand of the Holy Spirit and brethren with whom to learn the lessons more effectively. I am handicapped while these brethren are embroiled in fruitless arguments. Who knows but that these "stiff-necked" unbelievers might begin to see the Lord when we dial down the talking and simply live out our lives reflecting the glory and beauty of our Lord?

I am hungry to quit from all the wrangling and fighting and the ease with which things become unedifying and unglorifying. My brothers and sisters, children of God, servants of the Lord Jesus Christ, shall we not preserve the sacredness and glory of the treasures of Christ by taking them where they are more greatly needed and scarce.

Have you thought what would happen if our businesses are pursued in the principles and power of Christ? Or if we pursued increase in knowledge and ability guided by that powerful Nature of His which knows no limitation? Or if we addressed Nigeria's political problems with Christ's intellect and passion? I have, and I tell you, the result is almost incredible. Nigeria would be unrecognizable if that happened.

Let us build our home, my brothers and sisters. Let us clean up our house and let us make a place to bring weary wayfarers to when we find them.

I sincerely wish there was no religion forum to compartmentalise Christ in. If there wasn't, we'd be forced to learn Christ practically just as the Lord intended. If there wasn't, enemies of the Lord would need practical failures of our ways to accuse the Lord. As it is, they are content running around in illogical circles to prove illogical things and because we accommodate them, we're not learning Christ properly and our house is falling to pieces and they have cause to accuse the Lord.

I love to fraternize with my family. I will do it anywhere not just in the religion section or in a building called a church. We should stop acting like Christ is one thing and life is another. It's doing Christ grievous ill and bringing none to true salvation.

Please come home, my brothers and sisters.

5 Likes

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by cyrexx: 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2012

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Delafruita(m): 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2012
close to tears?more appropiate would have been "close to total dementia"
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by MacDaddy01: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
See this slave. Your ancestors were pagans, their religion as brutal as the old testament and you come here spouting that christ is the way as if your white man's religion is any better.

Lets take the logical step;

1st step; Polytheism- Many gods

2nd step; Monotheism; One God

3rd step; Atheism; no god.

Wrangle or no wrangling with unbelievers, human beings are going to evolve socially to atheism
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by mazaje(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Delafruita: close to tears?more appropiate would have been "close to total dementia"

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by mazaje(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ihedinobi: We have careers to express Christ in, family issues to bring under His Rule and Authority, relationships to carry on under His Eye, businesses to build to provide His solutions to societal problems, political issues to offer sanctified opinions in. And we insist on winning those who have rejected to be (edit) convinced by argument? Why?.

You claim, christ is alive, all power, all knowing, all powerful, can do all things and wants a relationship with humans, yet you are the one doing his bidding for him? When will you allow christ do his bidding for himself?. . .I thought he wanted relationship with humans? Why depend on a failure like you to do his bidding for him?. . .Doesnt the fact that you are the one trying to sell christ to others a deity that is said to be alive and can do all things tell you that you are just trying to pass your own thoughts, ideas and fantasies to others just as others have passed theirs to you?. . .
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
mazaje:

You claim, christ is alive, all power, all knowing, all powerful, can do all things and wants a relationship with humans, yet you are the one doing his bidding for him? When will you allow christ do his bidding for himself?. . .I thought he wanted relationship with humans? Why depend on a failure like you to do his bidding for him?. . .Doesnt the fact that you are the one trying to sell christ to others a deity that is said to be alive and can do all things tell you that you are just trying to pass your own thoughts, ideas and fantasies to others just as others have passed theirs to you?. . .

He was trying to advice his brethren to stop arguing with stiff necked scoffers like yourself who while denying Christ , cannot help but be drawn into episodes of mockery and ridicule of Him. I mean if he does not exist why bother ?

Why spend an appreciable amount of your time in a religious section and over many years debating on a GOD who does not exist grin Hypocrite !!

Besides what is not a fantasy in atheism Everything is fantasy in atheism and is based on fallacy, wishful thinking, cobbled up fables , unproven theories, assumptions, presumptions and all manner of madness that has not resulted in the atheists discovering one iota of truth about the origin of man.

In other words arguing for argument sake.

The only supposed fact you guys have is that we all came from fish , even my little boys will laugh this foolishness away grin

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by mazaje(m): 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:

He was trying to advice his brethren to stop arguing with stiff necked scoffers like yourself who while denying Christ , cannot help but be drawn into episodes of mockery and ridicule of Him. I mean if he does not exist why bother ?

Like your endless rants and scoffing of mohammed and allah. . .Why bother and waste your time over something that is fake?. . .

Besides what is not a fantasy in atheism Everything is fantasy in atheism and is based on fallacy, wishful thinking, cobbled up fables , unproven theories, assumptions, presumptions and all manner of madness that has not resulted in the atheists discovering one iota of truth about the origin of man.

So atheism is now about discovering the origin of man, eh?. .interesting. . .Did any god appear to you personally and told you that he told any body to write the bible?. . .If your god exist as advitersied why then are you doing his work for him? I thought he is alll powerful and wants a relationship with humans?. . .Did someone woo your wife for you, did all the talking , take her on all the dates etc when you wanted a personal relationship with her before you got married?. . .Why should you and your cohorts be doing the bidding of an entity that can speak for himself and wants a relationship with other humans, doesnt that show you that your assertions have no basis and is completely illogical?. . .

Yo don't klnow what you are talking about. . .

[/quote]
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by cyrexx: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:

The only supposed fact you guys have is that we all came from fish , even my little boys will laugh this foolishness away grin

....speaking of fantasy, which one is better between these two...

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
mazaje:

Like your endless rants and scoffing of mohammed and allah. . .Why bother and waste your time over something that is fake?. . .

It is fake but it does exist which is why I try to lead my Muslims brethren to the Truth , at least they believe that God exists, right ?

So atheism is now about discovering the origin of man, eh?. .interesting. . .

So atheists are not bothered about the origin of man , despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary , lol.

Did any god appear to you personally and told you that he told any body to write the bible?

Yes

If your god exist as advitersied why then are you doing his work for him?

simply , we are the body of Christ as it were and are his ambassadors here on Earth .

I thought he is alll powerful and wants a relationship with humans?.

Yep

. .Did someone woo your wife for you, did all the talking ,

Hmmm

take her on all the dates etc when you wanted a personal relationship with her before you got married?.

Not sure what sense this is supposed to make

Why should you and your cohorts be doing the bidding of an entity that can speak for himself and wants a relationship with other humans, doesnt that show you that your assertions have no basis and is completely illogical?. .

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you." - John 14:15 -16

Yo don't klnow what you are talking about. . .

Your case is even worse than you care to imagine.

You exist for absolutely no other reason than to fulfil the lusts of the flesh and Die !! How pathetic.
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by mazaje(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:

It is fake but it does exist which is why I try to lead my Muslims brethren to the Truth , at least they believe that God exists, right ?

Allah exist or what are you saying?. . .You are trying to lead muslims to what "truth"?. . .Their own truth is better than yours, pls go and ask them. . .There is no except allah and mohammed is his messenger, it is written in allah's book the koran, and that is the ultimate truth. . .

So atheists are not bothered about the origin of man , despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary , lol.

Some atheist are bothered others are not, personally i am not bothered at all, if the origin of man is discovered scientifically fine, if it isn't am very cool with that. . .Science is what will discover the origin of man if it is to be discovered not baseless myths and counter myths like the one your subscribe to. . .

Yes

Yahweh spoke to you personally and told you that he told people to write the bible?. . .What language did he speak and how did his voice sound like. . .

simply , we are the body of Christ as it were and are his ambassadors here on Earth .

But you are failing at the job, you are doing it very poorly. . .Over 33,000 sects each arguing and fighting over basic things like trinity and if Jesus is god himself or the son of god. . .

Yep

God wants a relationship with men, and you are the one telling people about it?. . . grin. . .Why can't he do it himself since it is something that he WANTS?. . .

Hmmm. . Not sure what sense this is supposed to make

If you want a personal relationship with some one you go meet the person yourself and do your bidding yourself. . .

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you." - John 14:15 -16

Every body lay claims to the holy spirit and see how badly you guys are doing. . .After all Oladegbuu claims the holy spirit told him the earth was created in 6 literal days 6000 years ago. . .The claim to holy spirit is a waste of time. . .Joababage and pastor David Oyedepo all claim the holy spirit told them that Jesus wants every body to be rich and prosperous. .

Your case is even worse than you care to imagine.

You exist for absolutely no other reason than to fulfil the lusts of the flesh and Die !! How pathetic.

Every body will die, because you have been indoctrinated with the fantasy of life after death doesn't make it true. . .It remains a fantasy. . .
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by cyrexx: 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2012

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Goshen360(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
@ Ihedinobi and OP,

An inspired article to the Glory of the living God. God bless you. One thing is sure while we still dwell in this tabernacle, the church (body of Christ) is not even close to fighting the devil at all simply because the true church is still fighting the false church. ~Tears in my heart~

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by cyrexx: 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
Goshen360: @ Ihedinobi and OP,

An inspired article to the Glory of the living God. God bless you. One thing is sure while we still dwell in this tabernacle, the church (body of Christ) is not even close to fighting the devil at all simply because the true church is still fighting the false church. ~Tears in my heart~

deluded and divisive body of imaginary christ fighting imaginary devil, meanwhile forsaken by their imaginary heavenly father but still clinging to the hope of an imaginary second life in imaginary heaven...

cause for tears indeed.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Ishilove: 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2012

Hear hear! smiley

@Ihedinobi,God bless you for this passionate message. I am so touched
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Goshen360(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
cyrexx:

deluded and divisive body of imaginary christ fighting imaginary devil, meanwhile forsaken by their imaginary heavenly father but still clinging to the hope of an imaginary second life in imaginary heaven...

cause for tears indeed.

grin grin grin

Off course the reason for tears in my heart is far from you. Hence, wisdom demands I leave you to your destiny.

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by cyrexx: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
Goshen360:

Off course the reason for tears in my heart is far from you. Hence, wisdom demands I leave you to your destiny.

grin grin grin grin

my destiny and my life is good without religion and the imaginary god they told us about.

wisdom demands i expose the inherent falsity of religions.

tongue
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2012

My brother, even this fight against the "false" church is not very beneficial. Do well to visit the following thread. It might help to address the matter.

www.nairaland.com/1020224/truth-error-church-proving-all#1020224.11

I'm not hanging so much around the religion section anymore though so I'll pursue a discussion only as I see it worth pursuing.
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by cyrexx: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
^^^

good
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by buzugee(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2012

i see someone has stopped reading the bible and has joined the ranks of heathens. ermmm the false church is part of the devil *smh*

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Goshen360(m): 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
buzugee: i see someone has stopped reading the bible and has joined the ranks of heathens. ermmm the false church is part of the devil *smh*

shocked Egbon yi, ki lo n sele?
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Ishilove: 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ihedinobi:

My brother, even this fight against the "false" church is not very beneficial. Do well to visit the following thread. It might help to address the matter.

I'm not hanging so much around the religion section anymore though so I'll pursue a discussion only as I see it worth pursuing.
Haha! Welcome to the club, nwoke. I recognised this a long time ago, even before i joined NL. Arguments and profitless debates with fault finders, false accusers and unbelievers are exercises in fultility.

I stay out of most arguments and i only come to the religion section whenever i'm in the mood to shudder in horror and distress at blasphemies, or on the flipside, have myself a good laugh and be 'dazzled' by grandiloquence and big girama grin, because the fact is it is only a divine encounter with God that will soften the stony hearts of our disbelieving brovas.
cool

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Goshen360(m): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I believe the "fight" against the false church is not that a "fight" per say. But it is a call to ALL true church to "fight" or "contend" for the faith that was handed down to us (Jude 3-4). This is what I really meant by that statement. Anyway, am on the other thread also, interesting thread.

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by cyrexx: 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ishilove:
Haha! Welcome to the club, nwoke. I recognised this a long time ago, even before i joined NL. Arguments and profitless debates with fault finders, false accusers and unbelievers are exercises in fultility.

I stay out of most arguments and i only come to the religion section whenever i'm in the mood to shudder in horror and distress at blasphemies, or on the flipside, have myself a good laugh and be 'dazzled' by grandiloquence and big girama grin, because the fact is it is only a divine encounter with God that will soften the stony hearts of our disbelieving brovas.
cool
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by buzugee(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
Goshen360:

shocked Egbon yi, ki lo n sele?
LOL was just trying to get your attention. nothing personal. anyway stay cool.
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
Goshen360:

I believe the "fight" against the false church is not that a "fight" per say. But it is a call to ALL true church to "fight" or "contend" for the faith that was handed down to us (Jude 3-4). This is what I really meant by that statement. Anyway, am on the other thread also, interesting thread.

Ok, my brother. I understand you now. And I agree with contending for the faith that we received. Good to know that you're on that thread. We'll talk more about it there.

Ishilove:

cool

lolllz..........I get you, sis. However, more than just moving out of this section as a permanent resident, I was encouraging that Christianity become evident in other sections. It does seem that our Christianity is only evident when we open our mouths or start typing and that is a terrible thing. Our whole lives, school, business, career, family, relationships, and whatever else we can think up, are the Lord's letter of love to the nations. They cannot know Him unless they see Him in us. So we might be the ones responsible for their blasphemy. If we express the Lordship of Christ over our lives in other matter than just religious debates, there will be no legitimate occasion for any unbeliever to blasphem. As it is there is ample occasion. That's why the call is to return home and clean up our act.

I have so much to share with my family to encourage and strengthen them. But those things will not make any sense to a person whose Christianity is compartmentalised. Christ has to be the whole sphere or else those things will provoke perhaps confusion, perhaps bitterness in the person who receives them.

Strength and skill are built in the battle.

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by nedostic: 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2012
I believe the "fight" against the false church is not that a "fight" per say. But it is a call to ALL true church to "fight" or "contend" for the faith that was handed down to us (Jude 3-4). This is what I really meant by that statement.

Well said Goshen360.

I believe strongly that the true church would have to emerge from the present day falsehood that is peddled in most of our churches. Truth is the only light that can enlighten a man's understanding just as falsehood darkens the senses of men.

@OP, I partly agree with you but we should be mindful as well,that following Christ is a demanding task that most times would not augur well with the trappings and nuances of the present day society.

I believe as Christians,we can changes lives by what we ultimately do both in private and in public without necessarily being loud about ourselves.

Christianity should be a lifestyle of any believer. This idea of being a Christian only when one is in the church is not only hypocritical but also sending wrong signals to others in the society.

The long and short of the matter is that Christianity must reflect in our daily lives.

It takes the grace of God to live right but we should always try our human best to put in a lot of shift to living right as well.

Christianity is a lifestyle and this must be lived in continuum as much as we are privileged to have the breadth of life by the most High God.

Christianity comes with a big responsibility - displeasing oneself most times to pleasing God always.

Its indeed a tough battle both mentally and physically to always please God! Alas! This is when we need God's mercy the most!

I think it does no good as well to engage an atheist in any 'heated' argument since its most likely (s)he is already fixated in sciences or supposedly 'superior' knowledge.

This does not rule out sharing the gospel with atheists since we are friends,brothers,and sisters in a way. More so, as Christians we are duty bound to always LOVE our fellow(wo)men irrespective of our faith.

Perhaps, with LOVE in action we can win souls to Christ through the help of the Holy Spirit and in tandem strengthening our faith in Christ the more.

May the good Lord Jesus Christ guide us right and count us worthy as children of the most High in this corrupt world!

Pax Vobiscum!
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Ishilove: 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ok, my brother. I understand you now. And I agree with contending for the faith that we received. Good to know that you're on that thread. We'll talk more about it there.

lolllz..........I get you, sis. However, more than just moving out of this section as a permanent resident, I was encouraging that Christianity become evident in other sections. It does seem that our Christianity is only evident when we open our mouths or start typing and that is a terrible thing. Our whole lives, school, business, career, family, relationships, and whatever else we can think up, are the Lord's letter of love to the nations. They cannot know Him unless they see Him in us. So we might be the ones responsible for their blasphemy. If we express the Lordship of Christ over our lives in other matter than just religious debates, there will be no legitimate occasion for any unbeliever to blasphem. As it is there is ample occasion. That's why the call is to return home and clean up our act.

I have so much to share with my family to encourage and strengthen them. But those things will not make any sense to a person whose Christianity is compartmentalised. Christ has to be the whole sphere or else those things will provoke perhaps confusion, perhaps bitterness in the person who receives them.

Correct yarn. You don talk am finish smiley

1 Like

Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ishilove:
Correct yarn. You don talk am finish smiley

I like you too grin
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Goshen360(m): 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Well said bro. Hence we are the living epistle that is read by all men. Indeed, a call for the prodigal brethren to return home and clean up our act. God bless you my dearest brother.
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by MacDaddy01: 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
You know what makes me laugh about Nigerian christians? They willingly choose to be mental slaves.

All your ancestors were pagans. "Unbeluevers" is the word you used. Like a mental slave, you readily accept that God in his wisdom ignored black west Africans for over 3,000 years till he came through white Portuguese and British who brought their religion with slavery. God was cool with the Jews who he chose to talk with, while blacks in Sub-saharan Africa (Who were the first people on earth, by the way) were ignored.

The sad part is that Nigerian christians choose to believe that a Jewish man is God. Stop and think. Why is it that all religions resemble their local people? Wouldnt the logical answer be that these local people created their own gods and myths.

1) Judaism- Formed in aa Jewish land. Yaweh only had Jewish prophets (xenophobia)
2) Christianity- Formed in A Jewish land. Jesus, a Jew is God (xenophobia)
3) Islam- Formed in Arabic land. Their greatest prophet is an Arab and God's book (The quran) can only fully be understood in Arabic. (Xenophobia)
Re: Continued Wrangling With Unbelievers. Trumpet Call To Christians. by Ishilove: 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I like you too grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explaining Some Christian Misconceptions About Islam / Confessing Your Righteousness Pleases God - Joseph Prince / How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.