Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? (2672 Views)

This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day / Nigerian Bride Who 'waited Till Her Wedding Night' Tells Her Inspiring Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by jhydebaba(m): 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
A friend shared this story with me this afternoon and I decided to share it with fellow nairalanders.
The story is about a lady who is in love with a man her father detest on grounds that they came from the same tribe.
The lady's father did everything humanly possible to ensure that both love birds never marry and even swore publicly that the only condition which will make the young man to marry his daughter is if he died.
As the war was going on between the two families, the lady went to answer the clarion call and that gave the two love birds ample time together which was evident with her protruding stomach after some months.
To cut the long story short, both families agreed to fix a date for the wedding but the father insisted on his stand.
The wedding is on saturday (2days time), the lady is expected back at home latest tomorrow from national assignment but the unspeakable happened yesterday night (the lady's father passed away).
Now the questions is:
1. Should they continue with the wedding?
2. What is the best way of telling the lady that her father is dead considering the fact that she is 8 months gone.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
This one pass me oh

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by ATMC(f): 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
D wedding will hold for d very reason d father said...over his dead body...but d situation hard shaa

2 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by jhydebaba(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
ATMC: D wedding will hold for d very reason d father said...over his dead body...but d situation hard shaa
Don't you think it is for that very reason the marriage should not go on?
At times, we have to watch our utterances.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
Wow! This story is too shocking for me. When I got to the part that the father died, I screamed ha! He said it; he said the wedding will only take place when he is dead and now he is dead.

What a shame; see what the power of the tongue can do. Life and death is in the tongue, use it wisely people.

How the message will be passed to her depends on her relationship with him before he died; was it cordial or strained? During the whole preparation, did the father show any interest at all especially during the family introduction?

Infact, I don't know what to say anymore. Let others post their comments and see what they have to say.

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Theres a lot of power in what we say unfortunatly people are oblivious of dis.our words can make or mar us.its not d girls fault,he just used his mouth to curse himself,meanwhile theres a high possibility dat d gals father saw somtin d gal didnt see,u know yorubas say whateva an elder sees sitting down,even if a child climbs d ladder,he wont see it but d gal was to inlove to ask her father y he didnt support her union bfor d man used his mouth to kill himself.anyway i suggest d couple should pray and go ahead with d wedding but giv a minute silence in honour of d late man
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by jhydebaba(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
kulyie: Theres a lot of power in what we say unfortunatly people are oblivious of dis.our words can make or mar us.its not d girls fault,he just used his mouth to curse himself,meanwhile theres a high possibility dat d gals father saw somtin d gal didnt see,u know yorubas say whateva an elder sees sitting down,even if a child climbs d ladder,he wont see it but d gal was to inlove to ask her father y he didnt support her union bfor d man used his mouth to kill himself.anyway i suggest d couple should pray and go ahead with d wedding but giv a minute silence in honour of d late man
The reason the father didn't support the wedding was just that the couples were from the same tribe.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by taryour(f): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
This is realy a hard one oo, in my own opinion i think d wedding should be shifted to honour the late father.... Even if at all they would have a wedding considering the fact that they love eachoder and a child is on the way, it should be a very quite wedding, only at the registry with very few pple around and they need a whole lot of prayers. The lady in person needs prayers,so her late father can forgive her wherever he is,she also needs the suport of her family in this else i fear for the future of their union.....

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by taryour(f): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
Busy_body:
This one pass me oh

aunty bb,eku ojo meta oo. Na your face be this. Shey alafia ni ewa??
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
taryour:

aunty bb,eku ojo meta oo. Na your face be this. Shey alafia ni ewa??

Hello Aunty T, ikunle mi re oh, how pickin and how body and how are those delicious cakes of yours doing in the oven grin
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by taryour(f): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
Busy_body:

Hello Aunty T, ikunle mi re oh, how pickin and how body and how are those delicious cakes of yours doing in the oven grin

me sef dey postrate oo,we all good and the cakes are all well on point. O n gbona feli feli...
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by ATMC(f): 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
jhydebaba: Don't you think it is for that very reason the marriage should not go on?
At times, we have to watch our utterances.
d marriage can still go on. They have to be careful in there. They should tell d girl so she will make her choice.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by jhydebaba(m): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
ATMC: d marriage can still go on. They have to be careful in there. They should tell d girl so she will make her choice.
Thanks, I'll pass your comment.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by ATMC(f): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
taryour: This is realy a hard one oo, in my own opinion i think d wedding should be shifted to honour the late father.... Even if at all they would have a wedding considering the fact that they love eachoder and a child is on the way, it should be a very quite wedding, only at the registry with very few pple around and they need a whole lot of prayers. The lady in person needs prayers,so her late father can forgive her wherever he is,she also needs the suport of her family in this else i fear for the future of their union.....
forgiveness kwa? His wish was granted him. Moreover, there's a limit to our control of other's choice even as parents
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by omosexy1: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
the man said that the marriage will only hold when he dies. He is dead. They should go ahead. People should be careful of what they say. There is power in the tongue.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
taryour:

me sef dey postrate oo,we all good and the cakes are all well on point. O n gbona feli feli...

wink grin

@ Topic

Still stupefied, this is deep.

Could the Dad be an occultist?
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by itiswell1(m): 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abeg, carry go with ur wedding jo.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
I think the wedding should be rescheduled to some other times. There could be other reasons behind your parents disapproval, pls follow ur parents consent as there is a say "what an old man sees while sitting, the young cannot see them while standing". There may be reasons likely to unfold when given an ample time...and also follow your heart instinctively.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by r231(m): 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
Jhydon!! eyi ga o!

ki lo fa iku baba? hmmmmm......

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by jhydebaba(m): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
Idowuogbo: Jhydon!! eyi ga o!

ki lo fa iku baba? hmmmmm......

Maami, maybe we ask google, pls wait...
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by saintvc(m): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
She didnt kil d dad

She shud be told after her baby is born.

She should go ahead wit d wedin

she should name d baby after d late dad
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
jhydebaba:

Maami, maybe we ask google, pls wait...
ok! let me ask jeeves while u at it. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by obasijoy(f): 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
@op I thought parents love it most when their daughters or sons marry from their tribe.

There must be a strong reason her late dad disapproved the marriage. I hope the guy is not his son. maybe his son out of relationship* Adultery* and him and the guy's mum doesn't want to disclose it to anyone. It may even be blood that is holding/drawing they young couples to be together not love.*just saying*

Her dad is late already, let her not worry she is 8 months gone. In less than two months her dad may come back to the world but now in her home.

I will advice she do DNA test with her hubby to be if possible because her dad knows his reasons for not allowing her daughter marry from their tribe which almost every parent wish for their children.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by jhydebaba(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
obasijoy: @op I thought parents love it most when their daughters or sons marry from their tribe.

There must be a strong reason her late dad disapproved the marriage. I hope the guy is not his son. maybe his son out of relationship* Adultery* and him and the guy's mum doesn't want to disclose it to anyone. It may even be blood that is holding/drawing they young couples to be together not love.*just saying*

Her dad is late already, let her not worry she is 8 months gone. In less than two months her dad may come back to the world but now in her home.

I will advice she do DNA test with her hubby to be if possible because her dad knows his reasons for not allowing her daughter marry from their tribe which almost every parent wish for their children.

Thanks, noted.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by damola1: 4:18am On Aug 17, 2012
It's very dangerous for a woman to be defenseless in a merger, she'll be very weak and vulnerable to whatever lies ahead.

It's better the wedding is canceled, she improves her relationship with her own family solidly before getting married to that man or anyone else, she'll continue to he held responsible for the father's death by every member of her family, and when there's a problem in the future, and there'll be problems, she'll be left to hang. My 2cents.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by tpia5: 7:57am On Aug 17, 2012
if she's 8 months gone then why cant she do a registry wedding and stop causing problems in the families involved.

some people are just attention seekers.

seems like the matter is more than meets the eye.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by maclatunji: 9:51am On Aug 17, 2012
I don't believe the story.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
maclatunji: I don't believe the story.

It looks doctored . . .

Which father will reject her daughter's suitor from their own tribe!

Plus the co-incidence is just too much! How come he died days to the wedding? What killed him?

Na wa oh!
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by jhydebaba(m): 2:46pm On Aug 17, 2012
Ujujoan:

It looks doctored . . .

Plus the co-incidence is just too much! How come he died days to the wedding? What killed him?

Na wa oh!
maclatunji: I don't believe the story.
It may even look tailored not only doctored.
I don't care what anybody believes as you are entitled to your opinions.
I only shared a touching story I was told, simple.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by otilowaju(f): 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
Ujujoan:

It looks doctored . . .

Na wa oh!

My thots too! Who were the family members that agreed to the fixed date when the father was still saying 'No' and those people could not placate the man to support his daughter?
How could the bride to be just 'escape' on 'clarion call' for so long, not bothering how her special day would be, and even had the effrontery to be 'heavily pregnant' when she has not 'settled' with the man that would hand her over to her groom, only to resurface 2/3 days to her day of joy feeling cool?
If the story is true (which I doubt), the lady in question does not need any special emmisary to break the news of her dad's death, she has made her choice from the beginning.
Re: Urgent!!! Can She Go Ahead With Her Wedding? by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 18, 2012
Afta unsa don settle everytin invitw me for ur wedding.date,tym,venue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Caught In Sex Rump In Church / Fine Madam and Oga: Why the Bad English? / How Do I Cope With Anxiety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.