Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? (1029 Views)

BREAKING: ‘No IPOB member shall attend the meeting called by Okorocha’ -Kanu / Photos 4rm Yesterday's Inauguration Of Imo House Of Assembly Members By Okorocha / PHOTO NEWS ; One Of The Newly Refurbished Schools By Okorocha. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by kasiem(m): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
I just finished watching the entertaining inaugration of traditional parliament in imo state, i was again filled with the the joy that our moribund culture is on the verge of reinvigoration. But, to be pragmatic, isn't it salient to ask whether this will be another channel to embezzle our funds? Most of the Eze's we have now are just retired criminals who are just covering ther sins with stolen crowns, so why are we imperilling our state economy by giving this people another chance to prove their mettle? Reminisce, it'll be foolhardy of anybody to tell a rat to take care of a fish for him.
Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by EkoIle1: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sounds like okorosha is getting some good pointers from his SA on comedic affairs...

lmao
Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by macjive01: 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
what channel did u watch it on, poster ?
Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by kutchs: 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
kasiem: I just finished watching the entertaining inaugration of traditional parliament in imo state, i was again filled with the the joy that our moribund culture is on the verge of reinvigoration. But, to be pragmatic, isn't it salient to ask whether this will be another channel to embezzle our funds? Most of the Eze's we have now are just retired criminals who are just covering ther sins with stolen crowns, so why are we imperilling our state economy by giving this people another chance to prove their mettle? Reminisce, it'll be foolhardy of anybody to tell a rat to take care of a fish for him.
I think you got it wrong there nwanne. That some of the Ezes are retired criminals according to you is not enough reasons why there mustn‘t be tradional parliament. Did you see some of the bills discussed today? Do you know how vexed and problematic the issue of traditional marriage rites have been in most part of Imo State? This and many more are issues that need to be addressed at a wider forum in order to cut out the excesses, how I wish they can also look into the issue of burial/funeral rites. Am no fan of Rochas but even I can confess that this is good.
Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by Dede1(m): 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
I do not think Imo State people elected this ceremonial clown as a governor to create another tier of government beneath LG. There is already a royal council of Ndi Eze in Imo State. He should stop creating avenue of embezzlement through his childish and delusional actions.

2 Likes

Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by kasiem(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
kutchs: I think you got it wrong there nwanne. That some of the Ezes are retired criminals according to you is not enough reasons why there mustn‘t be tradional parliament. Did you see some of the bills discussed today? Do you know how vexed and problematic the issue of traditional marriage rites have been in most part of Imo State? This and many more are issues that need to be addressed at a wider forum in order to cut out the excesses, how I wish they can also look into the issue of burial/funeral rites. Am no fan of Rochas but even I can confess that this is good.
don't u think that this will culminate in otiose jettisoning of some culture just because it was juxtaposed with that of neighbouring villages? For christ sake, igbos are known to be egalitarian in nature, so should their cultures. An orlu man would rather share the same culture with an anambra man than an mbaise man cos of ancestral origin. Again, how are u sure that our collective dosh will not be embezzled in the process of carrying out this superfluous function? Isn't prevention better than cure?
Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by kasiem(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
kutchs: I think you got it wrong there nwanne. That some of the Ezes are retired criminals according to you is not enough reasons why there mustn‘t be tradional parliament. Did you see some of the bills discussed today? Do you know how vexed and problematic the issue of traditional marriage rites have been in most part of Imo State? This and many more are issues that need to be addressed at a wider forum in order to cut out the excesses, how I wish they can also look into the issue of burial/funeral rites. Am no fan of Rochas but even I can confess that this is good.
Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by tpia5: 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
is this the same as the state parliament?
Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by londoner: 4:29am On Aug 18, 2012
Kobojunkie: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

It is "rites" in this context..........is there an issue with the use of the word?
Re: The Newly Inaugrated Traditional Parliament By Okorocha. Good Or Bad? by kasiem(m): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2012
tpia@:
is this the same as the state parliament?
no, it's totally different. It is only for kings

(1) (Reply)

True Confession: Man Who Lost Wife, Son To Governor Mimoko’s Election Rituals, / Ribadu Report Uncovers Sleaze In Oil And Gas Sector / Nigeria Islamist Group Says Has Executed Seven Foreign Hostages: SITE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.