Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment (6529 Views)

APC Asks Buhari To Probe Supreme Court Judgment On Akwa Ibom Election / Katsina APC Reps Exchange Blows Over Court Judgment / Confusion In Kogi Over Supreme Court Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by kufre2010: 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
We are 20 ex-policemen of the Nigeria police, who were serving this lovely country, some of us has served more than 30 years with good record. In the year 2010 the former Inspector General of police, Mr Ogbonna Onovo dismissed us for the offence of negligence without giving us chance to defend ourselves. We were not also given the chance to appeal against the verdict. With these we had no option than to go to court as we could not take laws into our hands. The court after thorough...

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by kufre2010: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
The court after thorough investigation and going through all evidence on 13/04/2012 ordered that we should be re-instated with full benefits as the dismissal was unlawful, wrongful, and without due process. The judgement was sent to police and the police service commission on 31/05/2011. The police authority acknowledged receipt of the judgement and promise to comply. Seven months later without any action from the police we sent them reminder on the 4/12/2011. But up till this moment we have not heard from them.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by kufre2010: 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
them. We don't have money to go back to court as we are not working and we had exhausted our money during the last case. Please advice us on what to do as we are suffering,our family are suffering. Some of our children has discontinued their education. pls help God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by violent(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
Served more that 30 years with good record

Are you having a laugh? grin grin grin grin Which country were you serving? Gabon or Cote d'ivoire?...Anyway, today isn't a right time to vent my anger on men of the Nigerian Police.

I think what you need to do, is to get your story to the press. Punch, Guardian, Vanguard, Sahara Reporters...take your pick. Send copies of the court doucments to the house of Assembly, the state high court, Nigerian Bar Association, and the thousands of human rights lawyers in Lagos. Sometimes, fighting low and dirty is the only thing to do.

You may also have to prepare yourself for the very worst. Anyone will rightly expect that after 30 years of "service", along with the regular steady income from --- "Oga, wetin boys go chop"..."Oga you resemble yahoo boy"..."Park!, inner light, wetin you carry"--- that you may have saved substantial sums for rainy days such as this.

I'd hope that the mods may be fair and sympathetic to give your thread some attention on the home page...but I will implore you to manage your expectations carefully on the kinds of response you'd be getting, as most people have come to develop a rare intolerance for the men in black, current or ex.

You may wish to review some people's story here https://www.nairaland.com/910876/oppressed-molested-nigerian-police-share

5 Likes

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by kufre2010: 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
Violent- thanks for ur suggestions, I know policemen are bad but i will not agree with your generalisation. We have good people and real born again policemen and women but these few ones will not like to work were they will b collecting bribe. E.g former Efcc boss was a policeman. pls i need more suggestion especially from lawyers. Thanks
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by kufre2010: 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
We once contacted some pressmen but they asked us to pay huge some of money b4 they publish our story. We didn't have such money.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by lumideezle(m): 8:02am On Aug 17, 2012
Send a mail to chaNnels telling them this story do same 2 all Nigerian stations.go to their websites for their email addresses. You should be prepared for the worst before taking this decision. Send dem all d evidence you have at your disposal, get a good writer to put together your story so you donot look like some illitrates trying to get porpular.Finally do not give up even if they do not reply keep trying.
My bit
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by kufre2010: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2012
thanks
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
Hmmm! I don't like discussing any issue that is related to police whether good or bad.so I rather seal my lips! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by hagma37yahoocom: 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
our turn to shine so nigeria police can come so low and seek for advice na wa o i reserve all my comment because of nuhu ribadu loyal and dedication to nigerian police force

2 Likes

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by micklplus(m): 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
Like other people have said, go online, go on twitter, create a facebook page and upload all the facts within your reach! You would surely get some help.

As it is, you are already getting some help. So many people have seen the thread on the front page.

All the best. Cheers
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by baslone: 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2012
kufre2010: Violent- thanks for ur suggestions, I know policemen are bad but i will not agree with your generalisation. We have good people and real born again policemen and women but these few ones will not like to work were they will b collecting bribe

THAT IS A BLOODY LIE!!!! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by abY2: 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
baslone:

,why would say that,because most policemen are corrupt doesn't mean all policemen are corrupt.so many people criticise the police but let them advitise mass recruitment now,na the whole nigeria go rush there.na all of us corrupt.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by abY2: 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
baslone:

,why would you say that,because most policemen are corrupt doesn't mean all policemen are corrupt.so many people criticise the police but let them advitise mass recruitment now,na the whole nigeria go rush there.na all of us corrupt.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2012
Hm! Na wah 4 ds Country! If u guys r 4real, una get beta case. Carry am go Channels TV. Dem go hear wen! wen!
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Blackteeth(m): 11:41pm On Aug 18, 2012
Is there no penalty for disobeying court orders? Someone explain.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by kufre2010: 11:44pm On Aug 18, 2012
Moderator, thanks for taking this thread to the front page. The person handling the case is a Barister (police lawyer) in legal dept. force headquater, Abuja.This case has been in legal department for a very long time up till this moment we have not heard anything about it. Anytime we called they told us ur file is on Oga table. How many years will our file b on the table?
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by kufre2010: 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2012
Moderator, thanks for taking this thread to the front page. The person handling the case is a Barister (police lawyer) in legal dept. force headquater, Abuja.This case has been in legal department for a very long time up till this moment we have not heard anything about it. Anytime we called they told us ur file is on Oga table. How many years will our file b on the table?
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Sunofgod(m): 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
Mr Policeman - you should be the first to know that there is no law or justice in Nigeria.

As a former policeman you were part of the lawlessness - therefore I have no sympathy for you.

Nigerian courts are a joke - who's goona enforce their decisions? The corrupt police?

Its best you go find a new profession or begin claiming your pension and head back to your village.

As they say - what goes around, comes around.

(Beast)

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Igweka(m): 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2012
[quote author=berem]Hmmm! I don't like discussing any issue that is related to police whether good or bad.so I rather seal my lips! :Bad people always hate to hear the name police. If u ar doing genue biz u cant complain. Nobody wil like to suffer for 30yrs and loose pension. The work is risky so authority should pay or obey court other.

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Igweka(m): 11:58pm On Aug 18, 2012
berem: Hmmm! I don't like discussing any issue that is related to police whether good or bad.so I rather seal my lips! lipsrsealed
4uck u bad boy
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by sadi78: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2012
shocked
kufre2010: We once contacted some pressmen but they asked us to pay huge some of money b4 they publish our story. We didn't have such money.
I dey laff ooo!make I tell you the truth, no any meaninful nigerian that have a symphaty with men in black! Hw do you expect media houses to post ur story free of charge? You better wake up from ur slumber! Where is all d money dat you extorted from innocent nigerian for the past 30years??
Notwithstding let me call upon nigerian police authority to consider you and re call you back to work and post you straight to maiduguri and damaturu!

2 Likes

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by CyberG: 12:13am On Aug 19, 2012
kufre2010: We once contacted some pressmen but they asked us to pay huge some of money b4 they publish our story. We didn't have such money.

Sad but this is how the country has become utterly corrupt. Not to point fingers, have you NEVER heard of SaharaReporters? Those are the first guys you should be talking to and not all this useless, corrupt newspapers bought and paid by PDP. If Ogbonovo is a thieft (corrupt policeman), is PDP signpost for corruption, how do you think a PDP bought media will publish your story? Go to SR, and they will do their investigations not all this thieving media in Nigeria. Also, take your story publication and post it on NLand, yes right here! Tweet it, Facebook it, let those bastards know that Nigerians means business!

But tell your people too to stop killing Nigerians, charge and bail, loitering, arresting food or innocent people so they can pay their way out. I wish you luck in the case!
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by y2kaustin(m): 12:25am On Aug 19, 2012
I won't give u any aid,advice or suport,you were indeed part of the lawlesness.Trace ur path,n ur heart,there's someone,or ppl you guys involved have badly hurt.Its pay bak time,d true long arm of d natural law(Nemesis),had arrested n handcuffed u guys.Ask God for 4givenes,n Go bak 2 ur village n farm..My rogger!

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by sadi78: 12:41am On Aug 19, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] tongue :PYou better go and register your names in private security outfit and stop wasting your time! Is what you reaped that you are sowing now! Extoting money from innocent people, writing false statement on behalf of ur detainee,killing innocent people and disquise as accidental bullet discharge,subtituting criminal with innocent person, torturing people to death, illegal detention and harrasing people e.t.c is nemesis that catch you! Even if you go back to farm as some suggested here you can't get a bumber harvest! One by one your heart will burst like trailer tyre * buuuawww!!* hearetless people.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by ismhab(m): 1:03am On Aug 19, 2012
BOKO HARAM IS WAITING FOR YOU, IT WAS THE POLICE THAT KILL IT FORMER LEADER, ALL THIS WAHALA WAY WE DEY NA POLICE THAT CAUSE IT.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by MacLovington(m): 1:45am On Aug 19, 2012
Oga ex-policeman,

as you can see, the police is possibly the most unpopular body in Nigeria. That means a lot in a country with corrupt political system, judiciary, immigration, customs, civil service, you name it.
It is by the grace of God that anybody would even read your story and offer any suggestion.

About 27 years ago, the police framed a relative of mine and he languished in prison for years. The actual criminal with a very long history was openly enjoying himself with girls and riding a new car he bought using money from the crime. He settled the police handsomely. The alleged crime attracted death penalty. This relative suffered so much that a good christian turned muslim in prison by force! He lost a child while in prison. He got acquittted after a long court trial (tens of adjournments included). He never recovered from that injustice. He's dead long ago.

The injustice you're shouting about is not comparable.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 19, 2012
baslone:

When someone makes such a comment like this and doesn't explain why he/she makes it, be rest assured that he/she is mentally unstable. Can't you give them the benefit of the doubt? Besides, the matter was brought before a court of law, facts deliberated and verdict issued by a Judge. That's the credibility I was looking for and found it. So, what's the bloody lie in it?

To my policemen, forward every document and facts you have, including court verdict to Sahara Reporters.

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Skipfr(m): 5:11am On Aug 19, 2012
I understand that d NPF is d most unfriendly organ of govt in Naija today bt dat doesnt mean dat they r all bad. Corruption in Nigeria nw s a normaltin. Most of u criticising d NPF nw should luk back if u have not exhibited one corrupt tendency or d other. Jonathan nr good we knw bt if dem give most of us opportunity to sit dwn for Jonathan sit for jst 1 Month Naija go go borrow money frm World bank otherwise we nr go fit do anytin at all. For my police frnd dnt be discouraged here. Try and send this complain to sahara reporters and channels tv. D Lord s ur strenght
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by mrrock: 5:12am On Aug 19, 2012
Oga O.C.
As someone said above, if indeed you are a sane policeman you would've known the laws and the whole system don't work in Nigeria, there've been totally messesd up.
Go and look for a clean job!. Otherwise, if you want to get anywhere with this case of yours you must pay the press and other media houses large sums of money to publish your story, same way many Nigerians must have paid you to do your job when you were in the police. You've been taking money too from Nigerians for 30 good years without any humanity in you. It's pay back time!. I don't trust you.

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Bosuntop: 5:31am On Aug 19, 2012
Oga police my advise for you and your people is to go to church and seek for forgiveness because some poeple you have destroy their life while while carrying out your duty,their spirit is tormenting you.people with bad experiences with police ll never wish you good.search your mind and be sure u deserve a good justice in return.. Best of luck to u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hausa-speaking Northern Christian Names: An Onomastic Analysis / PMB Pledges To Accord Railway Infrastructure Development Greatest Priority / Kuje jailbreak: Court Denies Abba Kyari Bail Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.