Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment (6534 Views)

APC Asks Buhari To Probe Supreme Court Judgment On Akwa Ibom Election / Katsina APC Reps Exchange Blows Over Court Judgment / Confusion In Kogi Over Supreme Court Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by mu2sa2: 7:35am On Aug 19, 2012
MacLovington: Oga ex-policeman,

as you can see, the police is possibly the most unpopular body in Nigeria. That means a lot in a country with corrupt political system, judiciary, immigration, customs, civil service, you name it.
It is by the grace of God that anybody would even read your story and offer any suggestion.

About 27 years ago, the police framed a relative of mine and he languished in prison for years. The actual criminal with a very long history was openly enjoying himself with girls and riding a new car he bought using money from the crime. He settled the police handsomely. The alleged crime attracted death penalty. This relative suffered so much that a good christian turned muslim in prison by force! He lost a child while in prison. He got acquittted after a long court trial (tens of adjournments included). He never recovered from that injustice. He's dead long ago.

The injustice you're shouting about is not comparable.
U r a liar. How is "a good christian" forced 2 bcom a muslim in a christian-dominated nigerian prison system. Worldwide many prisoners hv converted 2 islam because - one, they had time 2 study islam in detail & discovered 4 themselves d true religion of GOD; two, they could not believ d treachery of d fellows(christians) responsible 4 their plight. Islam is THE salvation 4 mankind. God guided ur relativ 2 d light of islam & he died a muslim. May God accept him into d ranks of those who earned his favour. May God also guide u and his other relatives to d Light of His religion:Whoever God guides is saved.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by floridam(m): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2012
MacLovington: Oga ex-policeman,

as you can see, the police is possibly the most unpopular body in Nigeria. That means a lot in a country with corrupt political system, judiciary, immigration, customs, civil service, you name it.
It is by the grace of God that anybody would even read your story and offer any suggestion.

About 27 years ago, the police framed a relative of mine and he languished in prison for years. The actual criminal with a very long history was openly enjoying himself with girls and riding a new car he bought using money from the crime. He settled the police handsomely. The alleged crime attracted death penalty. This relative suffered so much that a good christian turned muslim in prison by force! He lost a child while in prison. He got acquittted after a long court trial (tens of adjournments included). He never recovered from that injustice. He's dead long ago.

The injustice you're shouting about is not comparable.
See as police take spoil the man life.
All these devils in black.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 19, 2012
Oga police,we av a legal aid council in naija,dey can gv you service,or enta any big law firm and ask if they do pro bono ie .free nd adequate service.some do.at least those who want to becme sans.if that doesnt work go 2 the court nd apply to the chief judge of that court where you got judgement stating ur issue.all of u 2geda...but before you do that revisit the Psc and fnd out what happend to the judgment.hurry up dnt sleep on ur ryt. somethng must be done.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by member479760: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2012
the 20 yias ejenje no do!
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Luvsting: 8:49am On Aug 19, 2012
E don RED!cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by MacLovington(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2012
mu2sa2: U r a liar. How is "a good christian" forced 2 bcom a muslim in a christian-dominated nigerian prison system. Worldwide many prisoners hv converted 2 islam because - one, they had time 2 study islam in detail & discovered 4 themselves d true religion of GOD; two, they could not believ d treachery of d fellows(christians) responsible 4 their plight. Islam is THE salvation 4 mankind. God guided ur relativ 2 d light of islam & he died a muslim. May God accept him into d ranks of those who earned his favour. May God also guide u and his other relatives to d Light of His religion:Whoever God guides is saved.

From you reply, you are very biased: I wonder if you can read or you are just too full of religious bigotry to reason properly.

You assume christians are majority in prison. Even in Kaduna, Kano, Dutse, Sokoto etc? Have you been in all those prisons?? Oh I know how people like you think " I don't have to go to prison to know". Bias, bigotry and prejudice are good enough.

You talk of Christian trachery, the policeman who killed Apo 6 in Abuja because the Ibo girl in the group turned him down, is he a southerner/christian?

Hausa muslim armed robbers have raided my relatives' house in the South TWICE, carting away goods, money and mercilessly beating them. The last time with active connivance of their Aboki gateman. YET I have never thought about generalising.

At least when my relative came back from prison as a muslim, we accepted and supported him. I guess some religion would have made him an outcast.
It seems in your tiny little world of bigotry, everyone else is a liar, only you can tell the truth. Shake head.

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by ikennahill: 9:01am On Aug 19, 2012
Police man,first i want to say congratulations for winning your case,i equally want to say that it is not all police men that are bad,but 85% if not more are very bad.
my advice

1.Write to the court via ur lawyer informing them that police have not reinstated you people
2.Get close to a human right NGO and tell tem ur case they will help you fight it,infact write to so many of them
3.get to a print media and see how they can make it public
4. write to IGP using your lawyer telling him the situation of your case
5.pray over it and thank God for victory

Police will pay you and reinstate you,i know that to take all of you back is big insult to them,Govt dont like loosing case in court but be assured they will take you back as soon as ur letter go round all the tables and locations,etc called beureacracy.

My final advice,after getting urself reinstated in police and after collecting all your money ie arrears for all those months,put your paper of voluntary retirement and go home with ur arrears and gratuity.Otherwise u might be sacked via set up
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Ninilowo(m): 9:04am On Aug 19, 2012
violent:

Are you having a laugh? grin grin grin grin Which country were you serving? Gabon or Cote d'ivoire?...Anyway, today isn't a right time to vent my anger on men of the Nigerian Police.

I think what you need to do, is to get your story to the press. Punch, Guardian, Vanguard, Sahara Reporters...take your pick. Send copies of the court doucments to the house of Assembly, the state high court, Nigerian Bar Association, and the thousands of human rights lawyers in Lagos. Sometimes, fighting low and dirty is the only thing to do.

You may also have to prepare yourself for the very worst. Anyone will rightly expect that after 30 years of "service", along with the regular steady income from --- "Oga, wetin boys go chop"..."Oga you resemble yahoo boy"..."Park!, inner light, wetin you carry"--- that you may have saved substantial sums for rainy days such as this.

I'd hope that the mods may be fair and sympathetic to give your thread some attention on the home page...but I will implore you to manage your expectations carefully on the kinds of response you'd be getting, as most people have come to develop a rare intolerance for the men in black, current or ex.

You may wish to review some people's story here https://www.nairaland.com/910876/oppressed-molested-nigerian-police-share
Gbam! Right on point..
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 19, 2012
Use the little cash in your hand to set up a small business while u take these trips to saharareporters, channelstv, courts and other places for enforcement of court order. If at the end,you don't get your job back,you have somethng to fall back on. Or get registered with private security outfit and 4get police job. Remember,this is Naija.You of all people shld know better.My piece
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Ninilowo(m): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2012
[quote author=kufre2010]Violent- thanks for ur suggestions, I know policemen are bad but i will not agree with your generalisation. We have good people and real born again policemen and women but these few ones will not like to work were they will b collecting bribe. E.g former Efcc boss was a policeman. pls i need more suggestion especially from lawyers. Thanks[/quote
Oga, oya mention another 10. Are you among the born agains? If I may ask officer, what were the achievements of former He Elp See See boss? No be only to see? A beg sir no just bring that o. Back to ur case sir, you will need to see some human right lawyer ni yen o provided they ve never fall victim of police attack/brutalisation or insurbordination before which I doubt.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Luvsting: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2012
E don RED! cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy Ana never start,this is just the genesis. By the time ana go reach exodus &leviticus,ana go know how far. There hasn't be a time i&even the general public visited a police station to liberate a loveone without seeing innocent people being compressed like sadines in horrifying &near death tunnels called cell. May ALMIGHTY ALLAH in his infinite mercy towards innocent Nigerians,highly empower boko haram in strength &knowledge to pay historic visits to all police stations nationwide to his glory &for the benefit of all innocent Nigerians.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Ninilowo(m): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2012
mu2sa2: U r a liar. How is "a good christian" forced 2 bcom a muslim in a christian-dominated nigerian prison system. Worldwide many prisoners hv converted 2 islam because - one, they had time 2 study islam in detail & discovered 4 themselves d true religion of GOD; two, they could not believ d treachery of d fellows(christians) responsible 4 their plight. Islam is THE salvation 4 mankind. God guided ur relativ 2 d light of islam & he died a muslim. May God accept him into d ranks of those who earned his favour. May God also guide u and his other relatives to d Light of His religion:Whoever God guides is saved.
A tun ti bere. Ki lo tie maa n se wa gaan? Ti a ba ti me nu ba esin wahala ti bere. This person used the illustration to substantiate the extent of injustice done by the police. Simple. Ah!
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by gaby(m): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2012
Oga police who am I to judge or accuse you?You'll find help here I can assure you.call 08033221149 ordinary ahmmed isah the voice of the voiceless on berekete family radio programme 100.4 love fm abuja.if perhaps you fail to reach him on phone do well to go to his office with all documents at suite F9 sheriff plaza aminu kano crescent wuse 2 abuja.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by mu2sa2: 11:35am On Aug 19, 2012
MacLovington: .

From you reply, you are very biased: I wonder if you can read or you are just too full of religious bigotry to reason properly.

You assume christians are majority in prison. Even in Kaduna, Kano, Dutse, Sokoto etc? Have you been in all those prisons?? Oh I know how people like you think " I don't have to go to prison to know". Bias, bigotry and prejudice are good enough.

You talk of Christian trachery, the policeman who killed Apo 6 in Abuja because the Ibo girl in the group turned him down, is he a southerner/christian?

Hausa muslim armed robbers have raided my relatives' house in the South TWICE, carting away goods and mercilessly beating them. The last time with active connivance of their Aboki gateman. YET I have never thought about generalising.

At least when my relative came back from prison as a muslim, we accepted and supported him. I guess some religion would have made him an outcast.
It seems in your tiny little world of bigotry, everyone else is a liar, only you can tell the truth. Shake head.
U did not answer d simple question: how was he forced to become a muslim in prison. He remained a muslim out of prison, right? So who forced him to remain a muslim after his imprisonment?
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 19, 2012
contact beaf (nairaland) or renoomokri (twitter), he/they have the ear of the powers that be
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Niseamaka(m): 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2012
[quote author=Sun of god]Mr Policeman - you should be the first to know that there is no law or justice in Nigeria.

As a former policeman you were part of the lawlessness - therefore I have no sympathy for you.

Nigerian courts are a joke - who's goona enforce their decisions? The corrupt police?

Its best you go find a new profession or begin claiming your pension and head back to your village.

As they say - what goes around, comes around.

Seconded. It is ironic that someone who is a member of one of the most notorious, corrupt and inept police service in the world for over three decades, a police service whose hallmark is extreme lawlessness,injustice and criminality with impunity, is here searching for justice. It`s simply payback time.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by baslone: 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
Danka7777:

When someone makes such a comment like this and doesn't explain why he/she makes it, be rest assured that he/she is mentally unstable. Can't you give them the benefit of the doubt? Besides, the matter was brought before a court of law, facts deliberated and verdict issued by a Judge. That's the credibility I was looking for and found it. So, what's the bloody lie in it?

To my policemen, forward every document and facts you have, including court verdict to Sahara Reporters.

Mr Man, that insult above is meant for your police father and not me.

I owe you no explanation. So please park well!

Nobody needs a magician to tell you how they make their living

Extoting money from innocent people, writing false statement on behalf of ur detainee,killing innocent people and disquise as accidental bullet discharge,subtituting criminal with innocent person, torturing people to death, illegal detention and harrasing people

So many stories to tell

Just last week, a policeman directed me into a one-way at Itire and immediately disappeared while his colleagues extorted 2k from me after wasting my time.

Some people will just open their mouths without thinking yarning craps about some stupid court of law like they don't live in Nigeria.

Walk on the streets of Surulere, Ikeja, Costain, Yaba, many more places and witness what the cops do to innocent Nigerians on daily bases.

They know the hide-outs of their fellow thieves but would rather drive around in Danfo buses harassing people.

It's no secret their cells are full of mostly innocent Nigerians that can't afford to pay up.

The police stations at Pedro and Ogudu have ATM machines in them. A colleague of mine was made to make use of one recently.

Wonder when they turned to financial houses.

For me, anybody putting on that uniform is guilty and nothing can change that.

1 Like

Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by MurderX: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
All Nigerian Police na thief until proven innocent. Like the current IG Abubakar don prove imsef innocent.
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by sadi78: 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2012
My neibo is an okada rider,1 early morning a policeman stop him and beg him to carry him to d station free, the man told him dat he just started d work hw can he start wit free, d policeman beg him later he carry him. On their way he ask d okadaman weither he change d particulars of his machine, d okadaman said no, the policeman said he should hurry to do so as soon they will start arresting those dat doesn't change, d okadaman was happy as d policeman told him dat he is happy of wht he done to him dat is y he told him their secret, when they reached d station, d policeman quickly off the machine and remove d key and said you are under ARREST for not renewing d particulars of ur machine. The okada stayed 2 days in d station until d man source money and renew his particulars and also bail his machine!! Can u imagine??
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Coefficient(m): 12:23am On Aug 20, 2012
May the fate that has befallen you befall those policemen that harassed me severally when I was still in school!
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Nobody: 3:04am On Aug 20, 2012
Walahi....d police ehn...only God will judge dem sha..becos d job is not easy...even we ordinary guyz..in our offices or schools, wen we r appointed as office police or class police, to monitor our clleagues dat break d law .... U kno its not easy at all..i remember writing d names of noise makers...wen i tried to b very very upright,many of my frnds hated me for daring to put der names on d noise makers list..later i started overlooking der noise...just imagine...as for d policemen,its hard to say dey av done wrong or right,for example,u r driving without licence...if dey allow u go,pple wud say dey r too merciful,encouragin lawlessness and dont know der job...if dey arrest u n charge u to court,people wud say dey r being too harsh with der powers, if dey make u pay d official govt. fine of 15000,people wud say dey r being wicked to us, but when dey stop u, and u beg n beg.."oga police,pls i cnt sleep in detention,my children r expectin me home,how can u help me",den he says drop somethin...u wud still com online to abuse n curse dem...d job of policing people is an enemy-creating job, bt dat doesnt mean we shud gang up against dem...like people say, na d day soldier slap u,u go know say police is ur frnd.

O.c, pls go thru ordinary ahmed isa...berekete family programme,104.5fm abuja evry weekdays from 7:30 to 8:30...u av been given his number above,visit his office at suite 17 sherriff plaza wuse2,abuja...he will in ur prsense fone d c.p abuja,igp,pcc and even psc
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by MacLovington(m): 9:07am On Aug 20, 2012
[
Re: Help! Police Refuses To Implement Court Judgment by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2012
Wow...I suppose this is not the time for judgement but mercy.
OP I believe you have been given enough advice here. I wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ifes And Modakekes!! / Why Is Buhari Absent From The Debate? / Buhari Won But Not Presidential Seat, Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.