Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) (788 Views)

Buhari, Apc's One Meal A Day- Fact Or Fallacy? / The Political Fallacy And Hypocrisy Of Those Surrounding Buhari / Igbo And The Fallacy Of Mbaka’s God’s Vindication - VANGUARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 25, 2007
THE Senate President, Senator David Mark; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Dimeji Bankole; a front line pastor of a fast-growing pentecostal church, traditional rulers and an Islamic scholar may have it rough in the New Year if the predictions of a cleric are anything to go by.

Also, the Federal Government may eventually increase the pump prices of petroleum products while Nigerians should pray against more collapsed buildings, bloodshed, inter-religious and ethnic crises in the country.

Nuhu Ribadu will be sacked.

These were part of the New Year predictions of a prominent cleric and founder of Inri Evangelical Spiritual Church, Isolo, Lagos State, Primate Babatunde Elijah

http://www.tribune.com.ng/25122007/news/news1.html

Any person who follows Nigerian politics can easily predict this without being prophesied unto.
I also have a problem with this prophet using may and not will in almost all his predictions.

So, could this man be real or did he just read between the lines.
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by Uzzyan: 3:35am On Dec 25, 2007
The prophet is clearly so so fake. He should also be able to read inbtw the lines. Which he did and finally arrived at these premises.
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by swing4real(m): 9:37am On Dec 25, 2007
grin sigh! Plz stop listening to all these bulls
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by mazaje(m): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2007
The primate or what ever he calls himself should go f u c k himself attention seeking goat.
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by Aleksys: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2007
Why not positive prophesy for a change? Why doom, gloom, death, impeachment et al? For goodness sake can somebody see some silver linnen in their dreams or in their prophetic trance for a change? Why not Nigeria is going to experience growth if we do so and so or better still, Nigeria will start to enjoy uninterrupted power supply from this year. Prophesy should not be message of disaster all of the time. Well David Mark, Mr. Speaker Bankole and others, better make your way to the prophet and drop your not so widow's mite to avoid this so unimminent prophesy of the man of the gods.
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by Abeem(m): 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2007
The media indirectly contribute to this culture of end-of-year prediction by giving the soothsayers unsolicited publicity. If they don't report the charade we will not know about it. QED
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by cute9jaguy(m): 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2007
hmmmm, i respect men of God, yeah i do, but i dont know why they must predict.
one popular prophet predicted Nigeria was going to lay in the last world cup,even after they already had the draws for groups! haba, he was on National Tv,he even claimed his church should be pulled down or something,i know u guys remember him. he said a lot,some came true while most didnt.
Newyear predictions is like a must for these people,they just wanna talk. I read the predictions of a pastor last december who said there will be no election,there will be war, westerners in north should sell their properties and come home or forfeit them! haba! na wa o for misleading "men of (g)od" the promises of God are sure,we r wished love and not eveil,joy and not sadness,peace and not war.
predict what you want urself jare and ride on gallantly to the new year.Happy great year to uall.
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by hollandis(f): 1:12am On Dec 26, 2007
he is looking for cheap popularity
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 27, 2007
@CUTE9JAGUY

Could you remind me the name of that prophet that predicted that Naija was going to win the world cup? I think he also predicted that IBB was going to the president come 2007.
I must admit that some of his predictions came through.
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by nossycheek(f): 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2007
I predict that Senators are going to collect more Ghana must go from nominees bla bla bla
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by EmekaNaija(m): 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2007
I predict that more election results would be annulled by the tribunals plus including, may be, the Presidential elections. I also predict that Ibrahim Bapetel may win Murtala Nyako if the election is redone in Adamawa state. What does it take to make such predictions? Just be current with latest news and trends.
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by cute9jaguy(m): 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2007
nossycheek:

I predict that Senators are going to collect more Ghana must go from nominees bla bla bla
lol,no two ways about that jare.

nuzo:

@CUTE9JAGUY

Could you remind me the name of that prophet that predicted that Naija was going to win the world cup? I think he also predicted that IBB was going to the president come 2007.
I must admit that some of his predictions came through.
the man is brother Timothy Ibe or Ibie, yeah,he did predict Babangida was gonna become the president, i hear something like that might come true soon! presidential election will be annulled,Babangida will contest on PDP ticket,he will get there! pls dont quote me.
God help us.
Re: New Year Predictions(true Or Fallacy?) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2007
Thanks for reminding me of the young man.

@topic

The one on Ribadu has come to pass or is coming to pass.

(1) (Reply)

Kenya: World Bank More Concerned With Economic Growth while people are dying / Mass Burial Or Exile For All Corrupt Leaders Is Nigeria's Only Hope / You Can't Lead The Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.