Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu (1043 Views)

Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume / Ministerial Screening: Fresh Plot To Stop Amaechi Thickens / PDP Raises Alarm Over Fresh Plot To Remove Fayose; Begs Buhari To Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by desgiezd(m): 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2007
Fresh Plot against Nuhu Ribadu, to be transferred to NIPSS, Kuru Jos.

Last View on Tue 25th December, 2007
Last Modified on Mon 24th December, 2007 6:14:49 pm
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara

Saharareporters, New York

Former governors facing corruption trials in Nigeria have revved up their war against the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu.

According to authoritative sources at Aso Rock Villa, the arrest of James Ibori has brought tremendous pressure on the Yar'adua government to finally remove Nuhu Ribadu as EFCC chairman. Yar'adua may have buckled under pressure and agreed with administration hawks led by Baba Gana Kingibe, the secretary to the Federal government to remove Nuhu Ribadu as the chairman of the EFCC. He is expected to be replaced with another police officer, Solomon Arase known to be a close associate of James Ibori, and a former aide to the disgraced Police Chief, Tafa Balogun. Arese, who recently edited a book on the future of the Nigerian Police, holds an LLM in law like Ribadu. He is expected act in Ribadu's place until the Yar’adua government appoints another substantive chairman.

The planned removal of Nuhu Ribadu was agreed upon in a meeting with Umar Yar'adua, Baba Gana Kingibe, Inspector General of Police Michael Okiro and the Attorney General of the federation, Michael Aondoankaa. The decision that is to be implemented by the Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro was reached after the planned merger of anti-corruption agencies –EFCC, ICPC and the CCB- fell apart on the strength of opposition from the National Assembly and a broad civil society platform last week.

Knowledgeable sources privy to the new plot, say Nuhu Ribadu will be sent on a compulsory officer's course at the Nigerian Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) Kuru near Jos, Plateau state by the Inspector General of Police. Mike Okiro was asked to prepare a memo to Umar Yar'adua asking for approval from him to send Nuhu Ribadu on the course to Kuru.

Nuhu Ribadu holds the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) and the claim that he had not attended the policy college was always advertised as a draw back against his possible elevation to head the police force. The new plot is therefore conceived as a promotion for him.

With Ribadu's planned transfer, the IG will transfer the rest of the operations teams at the EFCC to other sectors within the police force, while newer police operatives will be brought in to run the EFCC. If the plans sail through, the Attorney General of the Federation will then take over all EFCC cases from the lawyers handling them on behalf of the agency.

In particular, the office of the AGF will withdraw all case files involving former governors accused of corruption from the EFCC. The planned removal of the Nuhu Ribadu came on the heels of allegations made against the EFCC chairman at the presidency that he aided former president Obasanjo's daughter, Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello in the N3.5 billion scandal. The Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro is an appointee of James Ibori. He was appointed in May 2007 by-passing a more senior DIG, Onovo to clinch the position.

Saharareporters had reported that shortly before James Ibori returned back to Nigeria from the US in October, three DIGs met with him overnight in Los Angeles where his safe return to Nigeria was planned. James Ibori returned to Nigeria undetected a few days later, members of the top echelon of the Nigerian Police facilitated his return. The EFCC arrested James Ibori two weeks ago and charged him before a Federal High Court in Kaduna for corruption and abuse of office. He was slammed with 129 charges. James Ibori was denied bail last week and remanded in Kaduna Prison.

James Ibori nominated the current Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF).
The latest plot has elicited jubilation from James Ibori's camp. They bragged to Saharareporters that the "deed will be done in two days".

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/report/detail/?id=481

http://www.tribune.com.ng/25122007/news/news3.html
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2007
Excellent cadavers playing out in Nigeria
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by vigasimple(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2007
I hope Yar Adua will not make this mistake because one of the goodwill both OBJ and him
Yar adua is enjoying is this EFCC and RIBADU that he may have miscalculated including his stupid and crime mind ridden AGF.

Infact the appointment of Baba Gana kingibe, Aoodanka (who has hold brief for so many of the Nigeria looting governors) are bad indications from the start.

It show how 'intelligent and sensitive' this Yar A'dull of a thing is. he has spent 1/8th of his term and has no emergency and clear plan on fixing electricity.

He may set aside or reverse a number of OBJ policy or sales of national assets but RIBADU and EFCC is a mistake if it is true what is being rumoured. You see, never in the history of Nigeria has people stop becoming untouchable because of RIBADU (thank God for a fearless man like him)

Facts, IG of Police convicted because of RIBADU and several governors, a sitting VP , and I dare say with time OBJ and other previous President will have to account. This is how a good man start things and fear will be put in the minds of the people of doing anything bad and dodgy.

Powerful as IBORI, ORJI KALU etc are , RIBADU is not taking prisoners, you do bad, you pay for it. take for examlple the amount alledged to have been found out(found out i say) to have been stolen by IBORI is 9billion NAIRA enough to do very many good things in his state. as the proverb says 'man no get anywhere to sleep dogs is snoring in a 5 star hotel beds'. imagine a governor having private Jet from his 'grandfathers investment' in Delta State.

Yar Adua days will be numbered once RIBADU is going whether or not to some funny policy college. If RIBADU can get IGP convicted infact i dare say that he doesn't  no stupid policy 20naira note college.

All the balogun, Ehindero and people before him that went there what do they study, how to defraud the nation. Enough said but if someone can talk to Hajia Turai Yar Adua to have a quiet late night nice word with her husband before he committ political suicide because he yar Adua will be surprised how the people who are calling hossanah will be the next in line to ask him to be crucified.

Once Ribadu is gone, it will be business as usual for thieves and the world we see us as comedians who have no tangible thing to do and business and investments confidence will dip, people like Atiku etc will have a field day.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by McKren(m): 3:07pm On Dec 25, 2007
But out of curiousity can Mike Okiro explain to Nigerians why it is impossible for the EFCC Boss to Multi-task?

Can he also explain to Nigerians the ingredients of this training course that makes it impossible for the EFCC chairman to attend training in Plateau while doing his job at his office situated in Abuja

Or better still is it illegal to relocate the sit of EFCC chaimanship to Plateau while the training last

Finally, can the IG Mike Okiro confirm that this is not one of many plans ochestrated by some people in the Presidency to undermine the EFCC including the latest attempt to use the NASS.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by Aleksys: 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2007
If Nuhu is going to attend NIPSS as posited by Okiro, so well be it. While I'm one of those die hard Ribadu's fan, I believe that he is still going to be useful in other areas of our national life and he has to be prepared. Think of what will happen if Nuhu is to head the Nigeria Police today as the Inspector General or better still as the president of this great nation. He is not going to rotten in EFCC for ever. There is higher calling waiting for him. However if the criminal ex-govs think they can pull some unholy trick on Nigerians, and Okiro allow himself to be used for such and ignominous stunt, then he and his cohorts should start to prepare their will. They may as well begin to enjoy their funeral while alive.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by McKren(m): 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2007
Aleksys:

If Nuhu is going to attend NIPSS as posited by Okiro, so well be it. While I'm one of those die hard Ribadu's fan, I believe that he is still going to be useful in other areas of our national life and he has to be prepared. Think of what will happen if Nuhu is to head the Nigeria Police today as the Inspector General or better still as the president of this great nation. He is not going to rotten in EFCC for ever. There is higher calling waiting for him. However if the criminal ex-govs think they can pull some unholy trick on Nigerians, and Okiro allow himself to be used for such and ignominous stunt, then he and his cohorts should start to prepare their will. They may as well begin to enjoy their funeral while alive.

I totally agree with you, a part of me feels the guy should proceed on training without hesitation.
The Job is done. Nigerians are more aware now than ever.
If the plot turns out to be a clandestine motive of the AGF the blow back will be disastrous for all involved.

We are watching.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by ono(m): 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2007
This will definitely be a welcome development, if it eventually sails through. There's no cause for alarm. And I believe all that bull crap that Ibori facilitated Okiro's appointment as IG is a lie from hell's pit.

Ribadu, is alleged to be one of the facilitators of Iyabo's shady deals. That, I believe, is why no one has been able to bring out that scandalous act since. We sure know that Nuhu is Baba's boy and will definitely do his bidding. It's high time he left the EFcc and moved on to ''higher'' roles. If he remains in that place for too long, he'll be come useless to the force and himself. He needs to ''bite and chew'' on tougher bones out there.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by McKren(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2007
Some Nigerian Journalist are very funny.

Saw that talk about facilitating Iyabo's shady deals. The quest of our Journalists to blackmail Ribadu at all cost have blocked their sense of choice of words.

How does an EFCC chairman facilitate a contract scam in Ogun State Government??

When they make such comments they don't give details, all you here is reliable source
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by Aleksys: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2007
The side of Ribadu that many people don't really know is that, this is a guy whose father was a minister in the first republic. He is from that part of Nigeria where feudalism is a trado-political culture yet he refuse to identify with them. He may have comfortably joined the band wagon and continue to make his millions probably billions using his family connection and good name but shunned all that. Contentment, that is the only thing I noticed in Nuhu's life. Our life does not depend on the abundance that we have and Ribadu knows and displays that. You cannot only live by words but by deeds also. Nuhu is a new Nigerian of our dream personified.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by ono(m): 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2007
The EFCC, over the years, have become ''famous'' for cracking open high profile fraudulent cases which hitherto would never have been heard of by anyone, talkless of publishing it in any sahara paper.

What the EFCC have not been able to do is ''crack open'' the myth surrounding IBB's wealth and the wealth of other top thieves in this country. And when we put this to the fore, some EFCC loyalists feel we're asking for too much.

I'm of the view that when you set out to cleanse a system of dirt, you need to do that purging thoroughly, in order for people to have faith in the purity of the system you're cleansing. So, it's either you purge the the society of evil beings and you're seen to be doing that or you just hang out there and join ranls with the 'old' Nigeria Police
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by McKren(m): 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2007
Aleksys:

The side of Ribadu that many people don't really know is that, this is a guy whose father was a minister in the first republic. He is from that part of Nigeria where feudalism is a trado-political culture yet he refuse to identify with them. He may have comfortably joined the band wagon and continue to make his millions probably billions using his family connection and good name but shunned all that. Contentment, that is the only thing I noticed in Nuhu's life. Our life does not depend on the abundance that we have and Ribadu knows and displays that. You cannot only live by words but by deeds also. Nuhu is a new Nigerian of our dream personified.

but Ribadu can proceed on this course in 12months time, must it be now?
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by Mariory(m): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2007
They have been after Ribadu for 4 years (ever since the EFCC drop-kicked their first scammer). Yet the man and his surbodinates are still bitch-slapping Nigerian and sometimes foreign idiots left, right, and center.

Viva EFCC!
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by brownbonno(m): 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2007
On a good note,Ribadu going on a course is not a bad thing to happen.But the timing suggest a plot by the AGF/SFG/IG to play scrabble game with Nigerian.

ono,I am not surprised of your post.It suggest your greed to stick around with government treasury looter like Ibori.You must not forget that the world is changing,there are more Ribadus out there in Nigeria.
Time is closing up on these thieves.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by ono(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2007
http://www.tribune.com.ng/25122007/news/news3.html
The ease off process has begun. I think it would be a very good new year package for peace loving and forward looking Nigerians. Good riddance. Although skeptics say it's not a ploy to ease the guy out, I'm cock sure something good is in the horizon.

And down south this way, the dividends of iyabogate is paying off nicely. We now have a Hilltop mansion at Abeokuta - the equivalent of IBBs Hiltop at Minna. http://www.champion-newspapers.com/news/article_1.htm.

It's very interesting how these Generals ''retire'' to Hiltop mansions after spending a minimum of 8 years in Aso Villa as president. Now EFCC will not investigate such things. They will not ask how someone who had no such means of doing this before now suddenly owns shares and bonds and all that stuff and has built a Hiltop mansion somewhere in GRA Abeokuta.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by otokx(m): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2007
We Nigerians life to press the self destruct button.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by almondjoy(f): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2007
I hope the plot succeeds before 2008! I am frankly sick of the lean and hungry looking "Casius" of a dude!!!!
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by IykeD1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2007

I hope the plot succeeds before 2008! I am frankly sick of the lean and hungry looking "Casius" of a dude!!!!

I hope you get you New Year wish and a replacement that you will find not to be lean and hungry looking.
Talk about a case of misplaced anger? It beats me why someone will percieve Ribadu to be "the problem"
when it seems the president, his closest aides, and a good chunk of the political class are out to hinder the
EFCC.

Ribadu has made his mark in Nigeria. I believe about 6 months ago "the plot" to remove him was rife in the air,
but here we are again with a re-hatch of the same plot. I can only hope that this is something he really wants
to do, but not out of pressure.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by brownbonno(m): 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2007
Let the praise singers continue on their efforts to destroy Nigeria.
They take Ribadu as the problem,but forget that they cast their VOTES on people like Ibori a convicted thief here in the UK.He taught his sister how to fraudulently acquire  loans/mortgage with false representations.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by Jakoko(m): 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2007
How about sending Saharareporters on a four years course in Iraq. Those blokes are certainly problematic too!
Hahahaha!
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by McKren(m): 4:05am On Dec 27, 2007
Femi Falana has a point

If President Yaradua wants to see Ribadu go, he should be man enough to sack him.
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by ono(m): 10:25am On Dec 27, 2007
That they are called Sahara reporters doesn't imply that they have the resilience to withstand the extreme, energy sapping, weather conditions in the Sahara desert.

I need to know why they go by the name ''Sahara''
Re: Fresh Plot To Remove Nuhu Ribadu by BlackMamba(m): 10:39pm On Dec 27, 2007
There something about this so called "Saharareporters" and their "knowledgable sources" that do not sit well with me. Their reports lack depth and facts.

(1) (Reply)

BBC & Nigeria / Politicians Bought 2007 Polls - Inec Chairman / Oshodi: 24-hour Surveillance To Check Return Of Hoodlums, Roadside Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.