Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( (14512 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / My Parents Forgot My Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by here: 9:08am On Aug 24, 2012
Go to him and tell him how you feel about it,he'll say sorry and make it up to you,you're his big baby you know? but he'll do more than this soon just hold on in there because something else is eating him up and if you can find out what it's,nice;maybe he doesnt want you to help,just be there for him.
The above is because there are these years when even your own birthdays don't matter to you because your life and happiness of your family(financial) depends on how much you can achieve in a short time that the window just opened and you cant just imagine how any other thing would matter and expect your soul mate to understand(bcz he/she is the only person who can understand and read your mind even if you're in coma,that's why you make them your medical proxy).
(In a case the man almost forgot something as serious as their yrly anniv, but the wife who is always good at reading him knew he has not been himself one evening asked "Honey dnt get busy on 9th".Dnt ask me if it did the magic). The sacrifice women make with their bodies in birth and chores, men compensate with their mind,brain and strength.
Do you know why its rare having instances of heart attack on women?
Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by maclatunji: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
WOW! Congratulations CC on your son's excellent result.

This thread is really something, you ladies really had fun.
Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by sasimalia(f): 1:18am On Feb 22, 2013
Hey All,

I was going through posts and I am not sure why I never came back and say thank you for all your answers. I'm sorry, I read them all, the encouraging and the less encouraging ones. It's funny how the thread derailed towards the last few pages. Anyways, like I said I am the type of person who likes to put a smile, do something nice or special for someone whom I love and who deserves it. Special attention to people that are dear are important, whether its' your mom, sister or spouse. I didnt request anything extravagant, I said a simple card or even a handwritten note, or text message would have sufficed. I was more hurt that he didnt seem to care after I told him I was hurt.
But anyways, this is behind and I did throw him a nice surprise party with close friends and family, took off work and cooked all day. I wanted to make him feel special. And just the surprised look and the smile on his face was priceless (and he felt pretty bad too grin).
I did tell him what expectations oo, I'm a simple person, I dont need flowers or chocolate, just do something different that you don't do on other days. I got a sweet text message on Valentine's morning and red roses on Valentine's evening, a total surprise. I got him a card and a gift as well; this is how you treat someone you love; little attentions.

PS: For people, especially men that mentioned that I was acting juvenile and didn't have other problems to worry about, let me tell you that it is not because someone does not post about bigger life issues that they dont have them. I choose what I disclose and this was rather trivial compared to other things that I wouldnt necessarily share.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by Boss13: 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2013
sasi_malia: Hey All,

I was going through posts and I am not sure why I never came back and say thank you for all your answers. I'm sorry, I read them all, the encouraging and the less encouraging ones. It's funny how the thread derailed towards the last few pages. Anyways, like I said I am the type of person who likes to put a smile, do something nice or special for someone whom I love and who deserves it. Special attention to people that are dear are important, whether its' your mom, sister or spouse. I didnt request anything extravagant, I said a simple card or even a handwritten note, or text message would have sufficed. I was more hurt that he didnt seem to care after I told him I was hurt.
But anyways, this is behind and I did throw him a nice surprise party with close friends and family, took off work and cooked all day. I wanted to make him feel special. And just the surprised look and the smile on his face was priceless (and he felt pretty bad too grin).
I did tell him what expectations oo, I'm a simple person, I dont need flowers or chocolate, just do something different that you don't do on other days. I got a sweet text message on Valentine's morning and red roses on Valentine's evening, a total surprise. I got him a card and a gift as well; this is how you treat someone you love; little attentions.

PS: For people, especially men that mentioned that I was acting juvenile and didn't have other problems to worry about, let me tell you that it is not because someone does not post about bigger life issues that they dont have them. I choose what I disclose and this was rather trivial compared to other things that I wouldnt necessarily share.

Good for you. You have taught him the way you want to be treated. Thank God you didn't destroy your marriage using the advise given by some women here. Just to point out a few things. Men are not so particular about birthdays. I almost forgot mine last year. It was my mom who called me to wish me happy birthday and that was when I realized the missed calls on my phone were birthday wishes. I bet he would change next year or this year (since the thread was last year). Next time if you notice your huband is doing something contrary to your expectation you can correct him by example or showing him how to do it (like what you did). You know we men are not that emotional. The romantic nature we possess are left overs from past relationships. Things women taught us. So teach your man the way you want to be loved and watch your marriage blossom.
Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by sasimalia(f): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
Good for you. You have taught him the way you want to be treated. Thank God you didn't destroy your marriage using the advise given by some women here. Just to point out a few things. Men are not so particular about birthdays. I almost forgot mine last year. It was my mom who called me to wish me happy birthday and that was when I realized the missed calls on my phone were birthday wishes. I bet he would change next year or this year (since the thread was last year). Next time if you notice your huband is doing something contrary to your expectation you can correct him by example or showing him how to do it (like what you did). You know we men are not that emotional. The romantic nature we possess are left overs from past relationships. Things women taught us. So teach your man the way you want to be loved and watch your marriage blossom.

Boss13, thanks so much. I guess he didnt even care to try and he now understands and if he doesn't care I do. His older brothers plan elaborate plans for their wives, and even ask him for ideas, where they can take them, what they can do etc (I'm not comparing at all oo, and I'm certainly not envious, I don't need all of those elaborate dates, we can do better things with our money) so its not like the idea is totally strange or foreign to him. He just didn't care to make any efforts.
I have also learned to be more assertive. My hubby listens to me a lot and seeks my advice and counsel in almost everything he does; he knows I have a good head on my shoulder and he treats me right although we all have our faults and are not perfect. So thats the most important thing.
Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by Boss13: 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
sasi_malia:

Boss13, thanks so much. I guess he didnt even care to try and he now understands and if he doesn't care I do. His older brothers plan elaborate plans for their wives, and even ask him for ideas, where they can take them, what they can do etc (I'm not comparing at all oo, and I'm certainly not envious, I don't need all of those elaborate dates, we can do better things with our money) so its not like the idea is totally strange or foreign to him. He just didn't care to make any efforts.
I have also learned to be more assertive. My hubby listens to me a lot and seeks my advice and counsel in almost everything he does; he knows I have a good head on my shoulder and he treats me right although we all have our faults and are not perfect. So thats the most important thing.

Them no the learn marriage finish oh. I am not married but i am learning a lot from your thread when I do I will not joke with my wife's birthday because I noticed how bad you felt. Assist him sha. Thank God you said elder brothers (it shows that they have experienced bitter experiences and so decided to make efforts). Men are not spirits, we want to love but women will have to teach us the way they want to be loved.
Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 26, 2013
He! He!
Such a funny thread !
Enjoyed being on it.
Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by TheMadame(f): 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
Huhha. Dug up. Let me now come and read the thread after supper. I go comment later.
Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by bukatyne(f): 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
ronkebp:
If it were me, it will be a big deal oooooo, who says it is not a big deal.?? i agree with those that say maybe he is not a "birthday" kinda guy....but still not remebering your wife's birthday is just rubbish....i personally do not joke with my birthdays or anyone else's birthday for that matter./..and for my hubby to forget my birthday, even when i brought it up to him, he just said "sorry"shocked shocked shocked shocked...odi egwu.....

My dear...his birthday party will so be "on hold".......only that two wrongs don't make a right.....wink wink wink

i will wake-up in the morning on his birthday...and scream "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"...then tell him this is how you say it, since you don't know....

Bake cake and buy wine...and tell him...this is how you buy it, since you don't have an idea.....

Take him out to lunch or dinner.....and remind him...this is how you do it, since you don't know...

Buy him gifts and present the gifts to him...and tell him, this how you buy gifts....

Then give him a strong ride....at night that will make him convulse and shiver...and tell him finally...this is how you f/u/ck/ on your birthday since you don't have any idea.....

And ask him in the morning, "hope you get it now? i don't expect a repeat!!!!
Hahahaha!

What a teacher cheesy
Re: My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( by 1miccza: 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
Abeg wetin Op say make we do for this matter now??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Benefits Of Having Self-love / My Husband Keeps Avoiding Me / My Wife Is A Lousy Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.