Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Eid Mubarak - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eid Mubarak (27733 Views)

Eid Mubarak!!! / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak / Eid Mubarak! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid Mubarak by eninn: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2012
Each year, Islamic, Arab nations And Muslims all over the world celebrate Eid with health and happiness

Eid-Al-Fitr is one of the major holidays of Islam. It comes at the end of the holy month of Ramadan and celebrates the end of the fasting. The holiday comes on the first day of the 10th month in the Islamic lunar calendar.

Because the month of Ramadan is all about fasting, Eid-Al-Fitr is all about NOT fasting. During Ramadan, Muslims do not eat while the Sun is in the sky. On Eid-Al-Fitr, they celebrate the end of Ramadan with a sweet snack and then get ready for a day of celebration.

On this day, Muslims are encouraged to dress in their best clothes and attend a special Eid prayer at their neighborhood mosque. Before the prayer begins, Muslims make an alms payment (the Zakat al Fitr) Corner of the five pillars of Islam
Take money from the rich and the poor are given
Thereby achieving social solidarity in Islam

for the month of Ramadan, in the form of food or its cash equivalent. This food or money is then distributed to the poor. After the special religious service, the focus turns to gift-giving. Children are given many gifts. Women get gifts from their loved ones. Also on this day, people are encouraged to settle feuds or disputes, especially those between family members.

Eid Al-Fitr means "Feast of Fast-Breaking." It is often celebrated during three days, with the first day marking the end of Ramadan.

16 Likes

Re: Eid Mubarak by maclatunji: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2012
^ I must commend your efforts, the unfortunate thing is that you are using translation software which spoils your very nice and educative posts.

Please, what country are you from and what language do you speak?
Re: Eid Mubarak by eninn: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
Thank you
This is your kindness
I hope you benefit

God willing, I will do my best to get to the level of the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oArYE4PaXX8&playnext=1&list=PL0B60706D0B772AC5&feature=results_video

Eid Mubarak to everyone

1 Like

Re: Eid Mubarak by mukina2: 3:32am On Aug 19, 2012
May the blessings of Ramadan be upon us all and our families.Amin smiley
Eid Mubarak to you and you and you and you!!! kiss

Image source : http://www.allgraphics123.com/comments/eid-mubarak/

[img]http://2.bp..com/_Wn8S8UzFPHs/TOJgN5jO-bI/AAAAAAAAAPk/dnwy-CRKezQ/s1600/eid_mubarak.jpg[/img]
http://indiaherbsblog..com/2010/11/latest-update-eid-mubarak.html

6 Likes

Re: Eid Mubarak by robinhoodd2(m): 3:47am On Aug 19, 2012
I wish both Muslims n Christians a wonderful eid fitri. we shall witness many more of it in ds life.AMIN.1 love

2 Likes

Re: Eid Mubarak by mhsanni(f): 3:58am On Aug 19, 2012
Taqabbala LLAAHU minnaa wa
minkum...
May ALLAAH accept it from us
and from you...
Aameen...
EID MUBAARAK!!!

1 Like

Re: Eid Mubarak by CLIQBOY(m): 3:58am On Aug 19, 2012
Happy eid mubarak
Re: Eid Mubarak by Faraidi(m): 4:20am On Aug 19, 2012
robinhoodd2: I wish both Muslims n Christians a wonderful eid fitri. we shall witness many more of it in ds life.AMIN.1 love
eit fitri is not for the christians so don,t wish them anything

3 Likes

Re: Eid Mubarak by khattab008: 4:29am On Aug 19, 2012
Eid Mubarak May Allah Help us to see more.AMIN
Re: Eid Mubarak by Ariyke: 4:30am On Aug 19, 2012
Wishing all my brothers and sisters in islam Happy Eid- Mubarak!! may we live 2 witness more of today insha Allah (Amin)

1 Like

Re: Eid Mubarak by nosagold(m): 4:35am On Aug 19, 2012
Faraidi: eit fitri is not for the christians so don,t wish them anything

But christians nd muslims re nt enemies na

1 Like

Re: Eid Mubarak by opeyemiolu(f): 4:35am On Aug 19, 2012
Please, what is the difference between eid-mubarak and eid- el fitr
Re: Eid Mubarak by dasparrow: 4:41am On Aug 19, 2012
Faraidi: eit fitri is not for the christians so don,t wish them anything

He probably said so because christians in Nigeria will be sitting at home monday and tuesday (August 20th and 21st) just like their muslim counterparts even though christians don't celebrate Eid Mubarak.

khattab008: Eid Mubarak May Allah Help us to see more.AMIN

By God's Grace you will see more celebrations as long as you lecture your boko haramite islamic brothers to stop the bombing and unnecessary killings of innocent souls in Nigeria.

@Post

Enjoy your celebration!

3 Likes

Re: Eid Mubarak by alaoeri: 4:43am On Aug 19, 2012
Eid-Mubarak, Barkah da Sallah to all muslim ummah ωε shall witness more of it Isha-Allah.
Re: Eid Mubarak by alaoeri: 4:50am On Aug 19, 2012
opeyemiolu: Please, what is the difference between eid-mubarak and eid- el fitr
Eid-Mubarak is the general greetings on eid-days that للّهُ (swt) should put barka in it while Eid-el fitri is the name of eid celebration after completion of ramadan fasting, and also Eid-al adha or Eid-el kabir is that of ileya celebration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eid Mubarak by chelseabmw(m): 4:50am On Aug 19, 2012
happy eid mubarak grin
Re: Eid Mubarak by jusbal(m): 5:04am On Aug 19, 2012
maclatunji: ^ I must commend your efforts, the unfortunate thing is that you are using translation software which spoils your very nice and educative posts.

c'mon maclatunji.........u dnt need 2 criticise,@least he has passed d message 4 d benefit of all....
Re: Eid Mubarak by Tayo114: 5:09am On Aug 19, 2012
Happy Eidfitr to all muslim.may Allah (swt) accept our good deeds

1 Like

Re: Eid Mubarak by lauyanAbuja: 5:38am On Aug 19, 2012
Happy Eidfitr to all the Muslim brothers in Nairaland, Nigeria & across the world. May Allah unite, protect & advance our course. Amin.

1 Like

Re: Eid Mubarak by Walexz02(m): 5:46am On Aug 19, 2012
^^
Amin........
I wish all bro.&sis. a bliessed Eid.....grin
Re: Eid Mubarak by rash47(m): 5:49am On Aug 19, 2012
Subuhanala walahamdulilah wala ilalahu,Allahu akbar Allahu akbar, walahaula walakuwata ilabilahi li aliyu li azim.

May Allah accept our ibada
Re: Eid Mubarak by olawalebabs(m): 6:01am On Aug 19, 2012
maclatunji: ^ I must commend your efforts, the unfortunate thing is that you are using translation software which spoils your very nice and educative posts.

forget about the messenger, the message is what should concern us all.
Re: Eid Mubarak by rightlagos: 6:10am On Aug 19, 2012
Amin. Barakallahu lanaa
Re: Eid Mubarak by baba11(m): 6:11am On Aug 19, 2012
Eid mubarak to my muslim brethrens all over the world!
Re: Eid Mubarak by hagma37yahoocom: 6:16am On Aug 19, 2012
@fstranger9
why are you condeming som1 to jahanam its never a good place to wish anyone please stop all this shit and try to promote peace we all need peace and unity a trouble free generation. Please try hard to tolerate sabi sabi people i too know fellas.

1 Like

Re: Eid Mubarak by miftaudeen(m): 6:17am On Aug 19, 2012
Eidul mubarak to all muslim
Re: Eid Mubarak by Dawdy(m): 6:17am On Aug 19, 2012
Happy Eidfitr to all muslims.
Re: Eid Mubarak by ib0221: 6:21am On Aug 19, 2012
eid mubarak to all
Re: Eid Mubarak by Mutiyataanu: 6:26am On Aug 19, 2012
Barka de sallah to everyone
Re: Eid Mubarak by jamil2(m): 6:28am On Aug 19, 2012
Eid Mubarak to all Muslims. Pls we shd learn to ignore dudes that have intention of creating dispute to this special thread. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? / The Wisdom Behind The Prescription To Remove Pubic Hair And Armpit Hair / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.