Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? (15801 Views)

Campaign Bill Boards Of President Jonathan Destroyed In Benue(pics) / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2012
saw so many online adverts which captions like "President Jonathan will be the BEST LOVED President in Nigeria ever inspite of the haters"

why are the president's team of sycophants so hell bent on making the president look so stup!d and wasteful!

who approved such advert and from where did the finances for such advert came from?

We are not in campaign period therefore its against the law to start politically motivated advers and the last time i checked, its against the law to advertise or praise a serving president in what ever form. it is expected that Nigerians should judge him at the end of his tenure and not his sycophants forcing it down our throats!

Besides, is the president not suppose to be for all and sundry? if so why will some people be label his "haters"? even if the so called "haters" do exist, is it necessary for the president or his team of empty headed sycophants to publicly acknowledge the existence of such people or even go as far as spending the tax payers money for such a myopic adverts?

Based on this adverts, am beginning to conclude that president GEJ has drastically reduced the office of the president to a child's play and an all time low! unless of course if their is a hidden agenda behind this adverts!

Somebody really need to sound it in GEJ's ears that worst leaders and the most dangerous dictators that the world ever known are the ones that surrounded themselves with sycophants and praise singers - emperor nero, joseph stalin, adolf hitler, mao tse-tung, vlamir lenin, emperor hirohito, President Ho Chi Minh, President Kim Il Sung, President Saddam Hussein, Prime Minister Pol Pot, President Kim Jong Il, Francisco Franco, President Idi Amin, President Slobodan Milosevic, President Omar al-Bashir - guess what? they always start with such stup!d adverts that we see now, then followed by extrajudicial killings of supposed "haters" and finally extermination of any or all forms of opposition!

Your Excellency Sir - the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, pls don't let this people turn you to a beast! pls disappoint me for once! pls!

Dear MODs i hope this topic will not be hidden. tnx.

The add can be seen Here

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by werepeLeri: 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
Just so you may be seen to have written something. If these so called adverts were bashing GEJ, calling him names and pestering him to resign, you wont have anything to say to it, but because they are captioned differently, you have come to NairaLand to seek support so that the bashing may continue. There is freedom of speech and expression. If some are free to call him names and pester him to resign, some are also free to support him and pester him to go on.

How many of you on NairaLand label those who support him as sycophants? You just did. So, if they call those who rubbish him haters, why are you complaining?

37 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Mandelaguy(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2012
werepeLeri: Just so you may be seen to have written something. If these so called adverts were bashing GEJ, calling him names and pestering him to resign, you wont have anything to say to it, but because they are captioned differently, you have come to NairaLand to seek support so that the bashing may continue. There is freedom of speech and expression. If some are free to call him names and pester him to resign, some are also free to support him and pester him to go on.
Don't mind the swallat! The have been so confused by their hate that they see nothing good in someone using his money to project the good side of GEJ. Now that power has improved and a lot of positives are coming up,do many of them are so scared GEJ might just be the best that has happened to us since independence.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2012
Online adverts? where? can you provide links to some of them?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by werepeLeri: 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2012
Mandelaguy: Don't mind the swallat! The have been so confused by their hate that they see nothing good in someone using his money to project the good side of GEJ. Now that power has improved and a lot of positives are coming up,do many of them are so scared GEJ might just be the best that has happened to us since independence.

dont mind him - see what he said. "The last time he checked, its against the law to advertise or praise a serving president in what ever form".

Which law is he talking about? It is against the law to praise a serving president, but it is not against the law to do otherwise, to insult him.

This must be coming from a toddler.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Mandelaguy(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2012
werepeLeri:

dont mind him - see what he said. "The last time he checked, its against the law to advertise or praise a serving president in what ever form".

Which law is he talking about? It is against the law to praise a serving president, but it is not against the law to do otherwise, to insult him.

He is just seeking relevance on NL,but he will receive the bashing of his life for coming here to showcase his stupi.dity and ignorance.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2012
werepeLeri: Just so you may be seen to have written something. If these so called adverts were bashing GEJ, calling him names and pestering him to resign, you wont have anything to say to it, but because they are captioned differently, you have come to NairaLand to seek support so that the bashing may continue. There is freedom of speech and expression. If some are free to call him names and pester him to resign, some are also free to support him and pester him to go on.

How many of you on NairaLand label those who support him as sycophants? You just did. So, if they call those who rubbish him haters, why are you complaining?

Were i see say them don finally pay u your salary wink

i always love to ignore your posts - u no say na that one dey pain you pass! lipsrsealed

secondly i neva hated GEJ i always criticize him constructively and respectful [check my posts] and i wish he succeeds in being the "best president eva". my problem with people like you is that you have lost all sense of decency and honesty. GEJ is human and he is prone to make mistakes like every other human - but people like you and the rest of the 40lapy team do their utmost best to make him superhuman by forcing it on us to accept that all he does is right and for the greater good! No werepe things dont work that way! and if my not accepting the "everything about GEJ is good" mentality makes me a hater then so be it! fact still remains that the Presido should not approve such adverts now - it should be left for Nigerians to decide! comprehend?

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2012
Mandelaguy: He is just seeking relevance on NL,but he will receive the bashing of his life for coming here to showcase his stupi.dity and ignorance.

lapii no. 12 reporting. . .

waiting for lappy no. . . undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
Kobojunkie: Online adverts? where? can you provide links to some of them?

it has been flashing on Nairaland adverts and some other websites adverts by google. i even saw it on an ipad support forum i visited a while ago.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by werepeLeri: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2012
greateros:

Were i see say them don finally pay u your salary wink

i always love to ignore your posts - u no say na that one dey pain you pass! lipsrsealed

secondly i neva hated GEJ i always criticize him constructively and respectful [check my posts] and i wish he succeeds in being the "best president eva". my problem with people like you is that you have lost all sense of decency and honesty. GEJ is human and he is prone to make mistakes like every other human - but people like you and the rest of the 40lapy team do their utmost best to make him superhuman by forcing it on us to accept that all he does is right and for the greater good! No werepe things dont work that way! and if my not accepting the "everything about GEJ is good" mentality makes me a hater then so be it! fact still remains that the Presido should not approve such adverts now - it should be left for Nigerians to decide! comprehend?

At least I get paid for a job done, not like you scavenging on rubbish dumps around town. Who cares if you ignore my posts or not? How will that pain me? You are indeed a toddler.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by jmaine: 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2012
Appaling tear shedding episode by the OP . . .what a shame

P:S ====> what part of our constitution [color=#0000099]prohibits one from praising and supporting the president of the country[/color] grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by werepeLeri: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
jmaine: Appaling tear shedding episode by the OP . . .what a shame

P:S ====> what part of our constitution [color=#0000099]prohibits one from praising and supporting the president of the country[/color] grin

Dont mind him. He is seeking relevance.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2012

Please lower your tone, you are disturbing people having a meaningful conversation. While you are at it please tell GEJ that the office of the president of Nigeria is not an NGO.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2012
Mandelaguy: Don't mind the swallat! The have been so confused by their hate that they see nothing good in someone using his money to project the good side of GEJ. Now that power has improved and a lot of positives are coming up,do many of them are so scared GEJ might just be the best that has happened to us since independence.

So any small talk now they mention power. Please stop mentioning power as GEJ's achievement. Power was more stable than it is now in the eighties. He merely is completing what others seriously started.
Sorry to say but the way GEJ is going, he can never be the best thing that has happened to Naija since independence but one of the pest things.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2012
greateros:

it has been flashing on Nairaland adverts and some other websites adverts by google. i even saw it on an ipad support forum i visited a while ago.

Oh I don't see it . . . can you get those of us who don't a link or something?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by werepeLeri: 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2012
hillsate:

Please lower your tone, you are disturbing people having a meaningful conversation. While you are at it please tell GEJ that the office of the president of Nigeria is not an NGO.

You are a twert. Disturbing people having a meaningful conversation when I was the first to even contribute. If I am disturbing, why not shove a digger up your rotten back hole? LOL. So many kids on this NairaLand.

One kid pops in just to be seen to have a computer at home, he writes thrash. Rogues.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2012
werepeLeri:

Tell your boss that he can not make people love him by billboard or stickers
But by hardwork and fulfilling promises

18 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Elueme: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2012
@OP I don't see how this suppose to be your nightmare, if you are not feeling defeated... Any lover of mr president on this forum would have done this and it is not your business to ascertain his motive...pls get a live

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2012
werepeLeri:

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by werepeLeri: 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2012
Elueme: @OP I don't see how this suppose to be your nightmare, if you are not feeling defeated... Any lover of mr president on this forum would have done this and it is not your business to ascertain his motive...pls get a live

Please tell him.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
werepeLeri:

Tell your boss that he can not make people love him by billboard or stickers
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2012
jmaine: Appaling tear shedding episode by the OP . . .what a shame

The part that says
The president can not make people love him by billboard or stickers

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
werepeLeri:

Dont mind him. He is seeking relevance.

The only reason you guys are making noise here is purely out of regional bias.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2012
Elueme: @OP I don't see how this suppose to be your nightmare, if you are not feeling defeated... Any lover of mr president on this forum would have done this and it is not your business to ascertain his motive...pls get a live

eleueme lapii no.3 reporting . . .

counting. . .

hillsate:

The part that says
The president can not make people love him by billboard or stickers

@hillstate pls dnt mind the attack dogs we already know them. you hard the other new recruit [mandelamonkey] warning me that their team will tear me apart. he is too dumb to check my profile and see that i dont have time for as-sholes like him.

jmaine: Appaling appalling [corrected] tear shedding episode by the OP . . .what a shame

Ass-licker-in-chief! i salute sir!

stop twisting my comment - let me repeat it so u can get it clear - We are not in campaign period therefore its against the law to start politically motivated adverts and the last time i checked, its against the law to advertise or praise a serving president in what ever form.

if buhari or tinubu should start veiled online adverts geared towards aso rock what do u think will be the president's reaction?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Elueme: 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
hillsate:

The only reason you guys are making noise here is purely out of regional bias.
I think it will be good to expunge that notion from your brain.. You call a spade a spade, am not Ijaw neither I my a fulani but a Nigerian so I can comment as dispassionate as I can on national issues.. Taking side on opinion doesn't make me biase except you are indirectly telling me that you are against the president because he isn't from your region.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2012
werepeLeri:

You are a twert. Disturbing people having a meaningful conversation when I was the first to even contribute. If I am disturbing, why not shove a digger up your rotten back hole? LOL. So many kids on this NairaLand.

One kid pops in just to be seen to have a computer at home, he writes thrash. Rogues.

At least you just confirmed yourself a toddler by your uninformed and misinformed post. Get your diapers changed.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2012
Elueme: I think it will be good to expunge that notion from your brain.. You call a spade a spade, am not Ijaw neither I my a fulani but a Nigerian so I can comment as dispassionate as I can on national issues.. Taking side on opinion doesn't make me biase except you are indirectly telling me that you are against the president because he isn't from your region.

If you were calling a spade a spade, you would have been sincere about the president. He needs to wake up and stay awake.

FYI, people from Nigeria do not behave like you or your president.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by hillsate: 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Oh I don't see it . . . can you get those of us who don't a link or something?

I saw it kobojunkie, on nairaland and one other website. I felt more disappointed in GEJ. Will try and post links.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by jmaine: 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
greateros:

stop twisting my comment - let me repeat it so u can get it clear - [size=18pt]We are not in campaign period therefore its against the law to start politically motivated adverts and the last time i checked, its against the law to advertise or praise a serving president in what ever form[/size]

You either avail us this part of the constitution or shut the fvck up

greateros:

Ass-licker-in-chief! i salute sir!

if buhari or tinubu should start veiled online adverts geared towards aso rock what do u think will be the president's reaction?

The above is a useless attempt
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by andresia(m): 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2012
@OP, I got the link here:

http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/index.php/latest-news/item/6736

These people are silly! Just get to show the caliber of people piloting the affairs of this country. Instead of devoting time and resources in curbing terrorism and ensuring wealth creation for the citizens, the presidency is engaged in petty fight with perceived enemies angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2012
WOW . . . this is serious.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of President Jonathan's Adverts? by bamuhanya: 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2012
Kobojunkie: Online adverts? where? can you provide links to some of them?

notice the advert under the NL page. anyway this is the link i followed. http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/index.php/latest-news/item/6736
enjoy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambassador Campbell’s Curious Defense Of Buhari’s Corrupt Aso Rock Cabal -Farook / CBN Denies Naira Devaluation / Stop Wooing Our Member‎s, PDP Warns APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.