Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching (15806 Views)

Air Force Personnel In Abuja Streets (Photos) / Poll Officials Escape Lynching In Anambra / Parents At GSS Abuja School Gate To Pick Kids After Bomb Scare (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by lalasticlala(m): 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
An Air Force personnel carrying a bag was roughened at a mosque in Nasarawa ward in Yola on Friday after he was mistaken for a suicide bomber, the Weekly Trust reported.

Eyewitnesses said the uniformed soldier man attempted to pass through the congregation but refused to declare the contents of his luggage when he was asked to do so, prompting suspicion that he could be carrying explosives.

“It took the intervention of vigilantes who whisked him to Dubeli Police Station where he was protected by the police. People were apprehensive because of recent happenings. It is a common fact that Boko Haram insurgents do wear military uniforms,” a resident said.

Confirming the incident, the Adamawa State police spokesman, DSP Othman Abubakar, said the soldier was attending Friday prayer at the mosque when a false alarm was raised against him. He said if not for the timely intervention of the police, the soldier would have been lynched and advised the public report suspicious people to the police instead of taking the law in their hands.

Residents have become vigilant at worship centres and other public places out of fear of possible Boko Haram attacks.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/12/27/bomb-scare-air-force-personnel-escapes-lynching/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by yoged(m): 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
Tension everywhere. I tired for this country. Modified after hitting front page. This lalasticala must be using voodoo. How e dey take do am? Always hitting front page. First to comment ppl go dey pursue you anyhow like I did. Just wanna give it a trial and I was the 1st to comment. But seriously all this 1st to comment tinz piss me off sha. Lalasticala,Iba oooo. Iba akoda Iba aseda,iba awon Iya mi eleye.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by XueRengui: 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
The chickens have come home to roost.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by SeverusSnape(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
This is what those stupid insurgents caused for us, We can no longer move around without fear, we no longer trust each other, The situation is really bad. The North has to do something about this.
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
If the hausas has been helping out this way since this issue would have been gone, when you send lion out after eaten the prey you become the next food, wise up North

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2014
Great

1 Like

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ok.

*modified*
Nigerians have come 2 realize that fear of BH is the beginning of wisdom. Small small d ministry is moving, soon we'll b at our permanent site. Wat ar my trying 2say 1 day I'll b d up-front man.
Firstly, I must say thumb up 2d mods 4 moving dis thread 2 FP.
Secondly, I must thank PHCN 4 giving us light dis morning..
Thirdly, I must thank MTN for not screwing me up.. And
Lastly, I want 2thank myself 4 been so close 2my phone.

STC is not that bad smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by AutosBay(m): 10:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
Just because gej is in power.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by iyatrustee(f): 10:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
Na wa oh! See wetin boko don cause? Who born you well to touch uniformed personnel before?
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by fitzmayowa: 5:26am On Dec 28, 2014
studio14:
If the hausas has been helping out this way since this issue would have been gone, when you send lion out after eaten the prey you become the next food, wise up North
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by phorlafemi(f): 6:56am On Dec 28, 2014
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Tic4tac(m): 6:57am On Dec 28, 2014
Happy Sunday
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Abdgafarplenty(m): 6:57am On Dec 28, 2014
we're all animals in d country that's y we like JUNGLE JUSTICE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by freshness2020: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2014
Hmm£!
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by okiezman(m): 6:58am On Dec 28, 2014
Niggas leaving in fear all cos of buhari deed. Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2014
studio14:

Nope....doesn't work that way.Boko are fanatics....and you don't deal with fanatics the same way you deal with other rebels.

After all, these are the same Boko who shoot dead any Muslim cleric who disagrees with them. Niger Delta militants were a bad lot...but they did not order hits on their critics.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Pajames4all: 6:59am On Dec 28, 2014
OK
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Pajames4all: 7:00am On Dec 28, 2014
why
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by akanbiaa(m): 7:00am On Dec 28, 2014
These news seems incomplete, what was inside the bag he refused to declare the contents?

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by onadana: 7:01am On Dec 28, 2014
So they are scared of death....meaning this virgins thing and garden flowing with wine na wash...... coolSo they are scared of death....meaning this virgins thing and garden flowing with wine na wash......
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by illicit(m): 7:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Lord have mercy.
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by babs01(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2014
Buhari will end all these shits...
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by chronique(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2014
At a time like this,wisdom is profitable to direct. The officer who knows how critical the situation is,should have just showed them him I'd card and allow them see the contents of the bag instead of putting his life at risk. When dealing with a group of people who are largely illiterates,allow wisdom to rule.

3 Likes

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by edo3(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2014
Wearing uniform does not make you untouchable..**in fela's voice,,uniform na cloth,na tailor dey sew am**

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Raxxye(m): 7:03am On Dec 28, 2014
Why did he refuse to declare the content of his bag at a time like this? I guess it's that usual arrogant mentality of Nigerian soldiers and even paramilitary men, who feel they are not anwswerable to civilians. He should thank his stars that the policeman timely intervened and he lived to tell the story!

5 Likes

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by LordMecuzy(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2014
Why must he refuse to declare the contents of his luggage.

Some Military Men really Think dey are above the Law

4 Likes

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Alajiki(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2014
Oh God!
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Funjosh(m): 7:05am On Dec 28, 2014
shocked Report suspicious person to Police that would take 24hrs to respond that if they even have fuel in their kabukabu self lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by freshness2020: 7:06am On Dec 28, 2014
iyatrustee:
Na wa oh! See wetin boko don cause? Who born you well to touch uniformed personnel before?
My dear no be their fault! Him forget him sense for barrack ni! How ♈όϋ go D̶̲̅ε̲̣y for dat kind area and ♈όϋ no gree to the terms of security! That's foolishness!
Had it been he was mobbed to death, na Sara for am!

1 Like

Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by eedris07(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2014
We were told to be security conscious. To me oo he nid 2 be suspectd coz he refuse to declear was in his bag. No place in Nigeria that it safe dis days. Whether na church or mosqu, market or shopin centre, banks, schools, petrol stations, holdup, our homes, Police station, Army barracks, cenimas, football viewin centre etc so, we nid to coperate wit our security pasonnels wia so eva we found dem...
Re: Bomb Scare: Air Force Personnel Escapes Lynching by Kaymercury(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2014
First time.....wowed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Animal Called Idiot by Ezeigbokwe Chika / All Councillors Of Sumaila LG Of Kano Dump APC / Twin Terrorist Attack Averted In Borno.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.