Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? (11581 Views)

My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Pastor E.A. Adeboye And Mummy Sitting On A Bench.throw Back Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Kuljoe(m): 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
Editorial. Gues its cos i luv writin. Bt none guarantees a ticket 2 heaven.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Church Worker or Bench Warmer

Both can never get you to HEAVEN.

Yes WE know but inability to work for God. . .depicts "uselessness" especially when you don't have a reason not to.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by realmscape: 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2012
djmally: Worker + bench warmers = complete church.
complete church - bench warmers = koboLESS church
complete church - workers = powerless church.
Now do the math.
you were asked a simple question and you're busy solving equation that does not exist after if you fail exam you go dey blame god...

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by akagaba(f): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2012
Soo_cool: i'm in the "scout" department! Always on the look out for sexy galz!!
May God hav mercy on ur soul. My dear, u need 2repent n be born again, d bible says in Rom 8 vs 6- for 2be carnally minded is dead bt 2be spiritualy minded is life n peace. I impore u 2embrace life n peace 2day by being spiritualy minded.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by akagaba(f): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2012
Soo_cool: i'm in the "scout" department! Always on the look out for sexy galz!!
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Skii(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:

Yes WE know but inability to work for God. . .depicts "uselessness" especially when you don't have a reason not to.

But what exactly is the criteria for working for God in His house? and who sets it?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by abysirius(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2012
There's nothing like a bench warmer. God is not a man. He deals with our mind- what we have inside of us- and not what we want others to see or believe. If God has put it in ur mind to do something or assume a responsibility in d church and u do it, it's ok. But we must understand that if there are no congregation (listeners) the place of a pastor in the church will be useless. Believe me, God has called some to just come and listen so that they can go back and be blessing to others. Not joining any group in the church doesn't make anybdy a bench warmer. The most important question are: do u know why u're here? Hw is the church affecting ur life and u affecting the church. I do not need to belong to a group to learn hw to be a blessing to pple if God has blessed me with d capacity. Or u've forgoten d story of Mary and her sister Martha wen Jesus went to their home visiting. So much to learn...

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by graluxxy054(f): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2012
Am a sunday school worker, a children worker and a member of music group
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OmoAlata(f): 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
Skii:

But what exactly is the criteria for working for God in His house? and who sets it?

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. (NIV, Romans 12:5-8

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:

And tell me the reasons we must work in the church.

Did we go into the church to work or to listen to the word of God?

Are Pastor not getting paid for working?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by realmscape: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
akagaba: May God hav mercy on ur soul. My dear, u need 2repent n be born again, d bible says in Rom 8 vs 6- for 2be carnally minded is dead bt 2be spiritualy minded is life n peace. I impore u 2embrace life n peace 2day by being spiritualy minded.
what sin has he committed to warrant all this preaching...
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
Skii:

The Church authority.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

And tell me the reasons we must work in the church.

Did we go into the church to work or to listen to the word of God?

Are Pastor not getting paid for working?

Do you expect the Pastor to clean your chair?

I never said everyone should work, I only asked a question. . .
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2012
Omo Alata:

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. (NIV, Romans 12:5-8

Are these gifts you mentioned could only be done in the Church?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Skii(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
abysirius: There's nothing like a bench warmer. God is not a man. He deals with our mind- what we have inside of us- and not what we want others to see or believe. If God has put it in ur mind to do something or assume a responsibility in d church and u do it, it's ok. But we must understand that if there are no congregation (listeners) the place of a pastor in the church will be useless. Believe me, God has called some to just come and listen so that they can go back and be blessing to others. Not joining any group in the church doesn't make anybdy a bench warmer. The most important question are: do u know why u're here? Hw is the church affecting ur life and u affecting the church. I do not need to belong to a group to learn hw to be a blessing to pple if God has blessed me with d capacity. Or u've forgoten d story of Mary and her sister Martha wen Jesus went to their home visiting. So much to learn...

word spoken in season.. smiley

May God have mercy on us all
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Are these gifts you mentioned could only be done in the Church?

so you want to prophecy in the market square??
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:

Do you expect the Pastor to clean your chair?

I never said everyone should work, I only asked a question. . .

Anybody can do that.

Why is Pastor exempted?

Go and ask all our big Pastors about their early years and they will tell you what they went through.

It is when they get money they assign people to take over.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:
so you want to prophecy in the market square??

We have seen Pastors doing more than that.

How about those crusade held at Market Square?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2012
Like Seriously am among the Church's Drama Group -- Entertainment Wagba grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by killuminati(m): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2012
iheanyi4u: Usher....
Usher Raymond? Well you remind me of something......
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2012
Can't remember last time I went to church! Lord have mercy on my soul. embarassed
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2012
killuminati: Usher Raymond? Well you remind me of something......

Something more than a girl.......
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2012
realmscape: you were asked a simple question and you're busy solving equation that does not exist after if you fail exam you go dey blame god...

yeah i will blame the 'god' being me cos God had already placed the ball in my court.

Oh i noticed you worship 'god' - no wonder you are an accomplished failure.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by killuminati(m): 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Something more than a girl.......
pu'nani grin
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
realmscape: the last time I checked, you were an idol worshipper or have you repented?
yeah, I repented @ d shrine dis mawning. U care 2 kom 2 my Shrine? u lld lov d place.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2012
killuminati: pu'nani grin

Sheiiiii.......

Pu'nani eating Hannibal
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Handsomegod(m): 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2012
abysirius: There's nothing like a bench warmer. God is not a man. He deals with our mind- what we have inside of us- and not what we want others to see or believe. If God has put it in ur mind to do something or assume a responsibility in d church and u do it, it's ok. But we must understand that if there are no congregation (listeners) the place of a pastor in the church will be useless. Believe me, God has called some to just come and listen so that they can go back and be blessing to others. Not joining any group in the church doesn't make anybdy a bench warmer. The most important question are: do u know why u're here? Hw is the church affecting ur life and u affecting the church. I do not need to belong to a group to learn hw to be a blessing to pple if God has blessed me with d capacity. Or u've forgoten d story of Mary and her sister Martha wen Jesus went to their home visiting. So much to learn...[color=#006600][/color]
You are blessed my friend.The parable of the good Samaritan was a classic case of the abuse and misplacement we parade in the name of church.All the church leaders who walked past that battered man were all full church workers with bogus titles but where was their charity Buried in self glorification and self righteousness.It is better to be a "bench warmer" and be a genuine friend of God than to have my name written in the church hall of fame vis church works and miss heaven.Dont get lost in the frenzy of the church.Pursue your creator by meeting the needs of your brothers/sisters.Him who have ears let him hear.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2012
berem: Can't remember last time I went to church! Lord have mercy on my soul. embarassed

Berem why? why?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:

Berem why? why?

Is it a must?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by nelllove: 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
Usher and santuary keeper
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Exponental(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
Everybody cannot be a worker.......
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2012
Exponental: Everybody cannot be a worker.......

Osheeee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law / Dominion: RCCG 66th Annual Convention, August 6-12th, 2018 / 30 Characters Of A Mature Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.