Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? (11579 Views)

My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Pastor E.A. Adeboye And Mummy Sitting On A Bench.throw Back Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by manmade(m): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2012
Acidosis:

Yes WE know but inability to work for God. . .depicts "uselessness" especially when you don't have a reason not to.
bro, go and read your bible very well, there is nothing like "uselessness" or even bench warmer in the house of God, the word bench warmer was coined by the modern churches to use it as control statements to despised the stuborn members that refuse to volunteer themself for the free services, if my pastor is being handsomely paid for his services to the church, i wonder why i should allow anybody to cajole me to make my own free.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Zeeisaac(m): 7:09am On Aug 20, 2012
Y
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by manmade(m): 7:13am On Aug 20, 2012
Acidosis:

Do you expect the Pastor to clean your chair?

I never said everyone should work, I only asked a question. . .
jesus cleaned the feet of his disciples, so what is the big deal in a pastor cleaning the chair. We have attached too much importance to the pastoral post that some xtians foolishly called their pastor Daddy or spiritual father when the bible clearly tell us that the only spiritual father we could have is God.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 20, 2012
I wan join choirquire, but fear dey catch me make I no go pregnant all 'em hot sexy girls wey I dey see for dia. . .I don work as usher before for rccg (it did not go down too well).
I prefer being a bench-warmer-all of us cannot be workers.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Thok(m): 7:55am On Aug 20, 2012
Commitment and Holiness na d Main Koko.. #Gbam
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by crackhouse(m): 8:02am On Aug 20, 2012
I aint a bench warmer. I go to church cos i believe in God and also to give him the glory.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by austynix(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2012
Being a worker or bench warmer is the issue, the issue is, is your service recognize by Heaven from a pure and obedient heart. God who see the Heart of man in secrete will reward every man in the open.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by enprim22: 9:23am On Aug 20, 2012
I love dat instrument.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by sucezTP(f): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2012
Hmm, my case is quite different here.
I'm a church worker bt, i alwayz get to church late.
Infact, my kirk is close to my house, and i also have the zeal to work for God bt, that will not stop me from getting there late.
...just don't know where the problem lies.

I think i prefer being a bench warmer.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by kama1210: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2012
Am Pastor. One of the youngest Prophetic and deliverance ministers. Running a non denominational ministry in Nigeria and Ghana. I've worked in almost all the 9 departments in my mother church. God bless you. Send ur prayer and questions to revelationministryint@gmail.com
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by gabriel74: 11:06am On Aug 20, 2012
i want to work in the house of God
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by madeinnigeria: 11:30am On Aug 20, 2012
Omo Alata: I recently joined the prayer warriors. I want my prayers to shake the earth smiley
hahahah i like your name ooo cheesy
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Agimor(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2012
Hebrew 10 vs 25.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by honeric01(m): 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
Agimor: Hebrew 10 vs 25.

And what's this suppose to mean?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
am a bench warmer.......................
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
sucezTP: Hmm, my case is quite different here.
I'm a church worker bt, i alwayz get to church late.
Infact, my kirk is close to my house, and i also have the zeal to work for God bt, that will not stop me from getting there late.
...just don't know where the problem lies.

I think i prefer being a bench warmer.

I used to be like that once, but now, i am a retired church worker - i feel that i am not cut out for being a worker - at least not for now.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by otokx(m): 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2012
Is Church worker or Bench warmer an Olympic sport? This is one of the reasons we are growing backwards as a Nation.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by mikey786: 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
hmm.. am a bench-warmer ... smiley
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by chizstic: 12:10am On Aug 22, 2012
:Dif all of us work for church, who go warm the bench Pretenders, look @ dem....
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by chizstic: 12:13am On Aug 22, 2012
If all of us work for church, who and who go put offering, sit down and warm the bench, my fellow narialanders, dont be deceived for God is not mocked, what so ever a man soweth that shall he reap ooo, live church things and knw ur God. My own is jehovah Effizy.....lolz.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 22, 2012
The truth is just that everybody can't be workers,even in those days it's not everyone that can heal or perform miracles,but i sing,play the keyboard and drumset.............
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by brocab: 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
I do this>I sit and I study, and I witness around the world. What do you do?
I don't do this>Go to Church to listen to some pastor, twisting the scriptures around, trying to make money out of me.
All workers that work either in a Church or else where, they all get paid.
Do you work freely for God? The pastors claim they work freely for God, and they all get paid.
Leviticus 19:13 "You shall not defraud your neighbour, neither rob him, of the wages of him that is hired.
1 Timothy 5:18 "A labour is worthy of his wages.
So you see its even written in the scriptures, everyone gets paid, but it seems that the church had once again ignored the word of God' the head are paid, while their labourers retrieve nothing.
This is not the church God allowed us to have, everybody who claims that tithes are to be paid in cash {Money} is a Prosperity preacher.
Don't they realise we are all priest in Christ, Some pastors, others are teachers, some prophets, some evangelist, some apostles.
So if you were to pay me money in "tithes, and I was to pay someone else "tithes, and that someone was to pay you "tithes, "What then? Jesus's pockets were empty, but His wisdom is always full.
Acidosis:
Are you a church worker? What do you find yourself doing in the house of God? please share with us. . .
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by elveco: 11:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
John 3:3, Rom. 8:14

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dominion: RCCG 66th Annual Convention, August 6-12th, 2018 / Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law / Life Is More Meaningless With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.