Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? (11582 Views)

My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Pastor E.A. Adeboye And Mummy Sitting On A Bench.throw Back Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Shaw007(m): 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
I pray, sing.....and feed my eyez, sometyms.*winks*
hehe . . . is dat post thinking what i'm thinkinggrin
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Is it a must?
yes sir
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:

Berem why? why?
well am not an Atheist and I don't wish to be one either.but meehn! Wen I take a look at what's happening in churches these days,I prefer to worship God at home.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis: yes sir

My Pastor never told me that.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2012
berem: well am not an Atheist and I don't wish to be one either.but meehn! Wen I take a look at what's happening in churches these days,I prefer to worship God at home.
"If a church can't change you, then change your church". I'll suggest you find a living church out there please..

BTW, how have you been?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Shaw007(m): 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Anybody can do that.

Why is Pastor exempted?

Go and ask all our big Pastors about their early years and they will tell you what they went through.

It is when they get money they assign people to take over.
of course,sure anyone can do it even d pastor,pastor adeboye should set and clean a million seats single-handedly,he should set up d speakers and everything,the G.o should drum,preach and sing at d same time,he should pause his preaching and urcher ppl around. . I'm sure he can control d whole million congregration all at d same time by-himself. . .of course u dont need workers in church

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

My Pastor never told me that.
ok, ask your Pastor
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by adedejisy: 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
I'm an usher in my church A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ I really love doing it,my pastor doesn't like it when I was not in church infact ushering is my hubby,even when I travel out to SA I join the department.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
Warming up to enter play....
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Shaw007(m): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Is it a must?
do u bliv in heaven or maybe hell?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:
"If a church can't change you, then change your church". I'll suggest you find a living church out there please..

BTW, how have you been?
very well my dear.thanks for your comment the other day.I do appreciate.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by abysirius(m): 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2012
Handsomegod: abysirius: There's nothing like a bench warmer. God is not a man. He deals with our mind- what we have inside of us- and not what we want others to see or believe. If God has put it in ur mind to do something or assume a responsibility in d church and u do it, it's ok. But we must understand that if there are no congregation (listeners) the place of a pastor in the church will be useless. Believe me, God has called some to just come and listen so that they can go back and be blessing to others. Not joining any group in the church doesn't make anybdy a bench warmer. The most important question are: do u know why u're here? Hw is the church affecting ur life and u affecting the church. I do not need to belong to a group to learn hw to be a blessing to pple if God has blessed me with d capacity. Or u've forgoten d story of Mary and her sister Martha wen Jesus went to their home visiting. So much to learn...[color=#006600][/color]
You are blessed my friend.The parable of the good Samaritan was a classic case of the abuse and misplacement we parade in the name of church.All the church leaders who walked past that battered man were all full church workers with bogus titles but where was their charity Buried in self glorification and self righteousness.It is better to be a "bench warmer" and be a genuine friend of God than to have my name written in the church hall of fame vis church works and miss heaven.Dont get lost in the frenzy of the church.Pursue your creator by meeting the needs of your brothers/sisters.Him who have ears let him hear.
Bless u my brother. That's the msg. We all need to get our priorities right.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by killuminati(m): 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Sheiiiii.......

Pu'nani eating Hannibal
ha grin ha grin ha grin
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:
ok, ask your Pastor

I don't ask jamb questions

Sorry
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
Shaw007: of course,sure anyone can do it even d pastor,pastor adeboye should set and clean a million seats single-handedly,he should set up d speakers and everything,the G.o should drum,preach and sing at d same time,he should pause his preaching and urcher ppl around. . I'm sure he can control d whole million congregration all at d same time by-himself. . .of course u dont need workers in church

When Papa Adeboye was using leg to trek everywhere where were you?

When he trek from Ifewara near Ilesa in Osun State to church everyday without even ordinay sleepers.

Having said that never rule out he didn't clean church coz that was where he was getting food back then.

Now out of respect,I won't like to see him cleaning church by himself.

But its what he has done before.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by avalontony(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:
D guy was sexy jare! Na holy spirit give me courage o!
pls don't blasphame the holy Spirit o!!!! the sin against d spirit can not be forgiven.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by gulfer: 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2012
If all church goers were workers, who'll sit and listen to the pastors angry?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by mallorca(m): 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2012
Omo Alata: I recently joined the prayer warriors. I want my prayers to shake the earth smiley
May God see you tru
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OmoTier1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:
D guy was sexy jare! Na holy spirit give me courage o!
Dear, I know there are a few things you joke about, I plead with you, do not grief the Holy Spirit! I really plead with you on this matter. Whether it is to your knowledge or not, a sin against the Holy Spirit is NEVER forgiven; not my words but the words of Him who is the creator of all thing- JESUS. And remember He, Holy Spirit was given you as a guarantor of your salvation. He owns this age, and as the boss, if you ever want your success to remain, then please Him and acknowledge Him even in your speech.

Lastly, I am not casting any stone against you but just pleading with you 'cos I know you know what is right to do. Peace be with you!
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by MariaGoretti: 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
Shaw007: hehe . . . is dat post thinking what i'm thinkinggrin
....and wot is u thinkin?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Uchmonia(m): 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2012
I am a vocalist in my church, and i love my voice thngs, & i was a prayer sec
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by OmoAlata(f): 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2012
mallorca:
May God see you tru

Amen smiley
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2012
I work in the knack-'em-apako department in the Ginger-the-swagga Ministries International. .
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
Bench warmer Deaconess. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Bench warmer Deaconess. grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

your mata ehn.. .. ..
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
*dhtml:
I work in the knack-'em-apako department in the Ginger-the-swagga Ministries International. .

. .Lord have mercy
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by honeric01(m): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
I was once an usher (usher's secretary) and the youth's assistant provost in my former church, i discovered i was losing it spiritually, i was mostly going to church because of these duties and not because of the number one reason (to serve God). i began getting very cold spiritually and the preaching in the church became boring, sore and un-interesting.. When i even tried to listen to the preaching, they were not adding anything to my spiritual growth, i felt like changing church but because of the posts i was holding, i couldn't, but i was dying spiritually.

During these period, i moved from the area to a very far place (about 1hr's journey to church and about 400 naira for transport to and fro), i kept going for about 3-4yrs until i encountered a financial wreck and couldn't continue going to church all the time, that was when i discovered that i was only useful because of my "positions" in the church and not because i was a member.

I reflected on my spiritual life, i decided to change church and also not to join any group in my new church which is just a 5-10mins walk from where i live now, i now go to seek God's face, learn, understand and digest his words without any external reason taking me to church. while in my formal church, i ended up going on Sundays, but now i attend bible study and the Sunday service and i am loving the growth seen so far in my spiritual life.

Everyone's got why they go to church but for me i think you should be more concerned about heaven and your spiritual growth than what position you occupy in your various churches.

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2012
^ ^ you have a point sir.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Dear, I know there are a few things you joke about, I plead with you, do not grief the Holy Spirit! I really plead with you on this matter. Whether it is to your knowledge or not, a sin against the Holy Spirit is NEVER forgiven; not my words but the words of Him who is the creator of all thing- JESUS. And remember He, Holy Spirit was given you as a guarantor of your salvation. He owns this age, and as the boss, if you ever want your success to remain, then please Him and acknowledge Him even in your speech.

Lastly, I am not casting any stone against you but just pleading with you 'cos I know you know what is right to do. Peace be with you!
Awwwwh... ever so gentle.

My Daddy! So is it wrong to fancy ur pastor? If d holy spirit tells me to open to some guy I fancy in church, does dat mean am blaspheming?
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by ajaxtea(m): 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
Am in ushering, drama, organising, welfare. @ Adventist Student Fellowship, LAUTECH Ogbomosho.

Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Acidosis(m): 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Awwwwh... ever so gentle.

My Daddy! So is it wrong to fancy ur pastor? If d holy spirit tells me to open to some guy I fancy in church, does dat mean am blaspheming?

Yes especially when the Holy spirit did not tell you a thing like that.
Re: Are You A Church Worker Or A Bench Warmer? by Sunbellar: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
Am a PASTOR. I take pleasure in spreading the gospel of truth, Jesus Christ the only begotten son of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law / Dominion: RCCG 66th Annual Convention, August 6-12th, 2018 / 30 Characters Of A Mature Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.