Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:32 AM

Do You Still Love Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Still Love Nigeria? (8755 Views)

Which Tenant Love Nigeria Most? / I Love Nigeria But I Feel Pain When Other Nigerians Say Igbo Will Not Rule / 5 Reasons To Love Nigeria From An American Perspective. (2) (3) (4)

Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 19, 2012
Hi fellow N/Ls, I have watched the events that has been going on in Nigeria and noticed that (based on comments of users of social sites), in recent times, Nigerians are gradually becoming disillusioned about the potentials of their country and are developing hatred for (not only their leaders) their country, Nigeria.

This has led to most Nigerians been victims of visa fraud, human trafficking, among others. Nigeria is naturally endowed with good climate, vegetation, minerals, food, and industrious-minded citizens. Other countries such as US, France, Germany, the UK & Canada have their socio-political issues, but their citizens do not hate their countries.

They, only criticize their leaders, and reject poor political & socio-economic leadership. Surprisingly, statistics from CIA, World Bank, etc have proved that Nigeria is much better than many European, North/South American, Asian & African countries!

Now, do u still love Nigeria? What have u done, will u do or are u doing to make Nigeria a better place?

Thanks for your anticipated candid response.
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by OmoLisabi(m): 8:34am On Aug 19, 2012
No

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 19, 2012
JAMB QUESTION! undecided

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 22, 2012
OmoLisabi: No
Pls, could u give 5 reasons?
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by taharqa: 5:50am On Aug 22, 2012
Yes...ABSOLUTELY

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by dasparrow: 5:51am On Aug 22, 2012
Lujan: Hi fellow N/Ls, I have watched the events that has been going on in Nigeria and noticed that (based on comments of users of social sites), in recent times, Nigerians are gradually becoming disillusioned about the potentials of their country and are developing hatred for (not only their leaders) their country, Nigeria. This has led to most Nigerians been victims of visa fraud, human traffficking, among others. Nigeria is naturally endowed with good climate, vegetation, minerals, food, and industrious-minded citizens. Other countries such as US, France, Germany, the UK & Canada have their socio-political issues, but their citizens do not hate their countries. They, only criticize their leaders, and reject poor political & socio-economic leadership. Surprisingly, statistics from CIA, World Bank, etc have proved that Nigeria is much better than many European, North/South American, Asian & African countries! Now, do u still love Nigeria? What hav u done, will u do or are u doing to make Nigeria a better place? Thanks for ur anticipated candid response.

I don't hate Nigeria but I certainly dislike what is going on in Nigeria. I don't think I can live in Nigeria anymore. I love peace, orderliness and sanity in my life. I can't live in a country where the r[b]a[/b]pe of elderly women, female teenagers, young women and little girls has become the order of the day while the culprits work around free with no serious repercussions for their actions. I can't live in a country where people are kidnapping people day in and day out for money ransom and blood rituals and the culprits often times don't get caught.

I am tired of Nigerians and their constant tribalism and hate for each other. I don't want to live in a consistently hostile environment. I can't live in a country like Nigeria where gender discrimination towards females and misogyny is rampant because my daughters won't feel at home there. Nigerian universities have turned into cult havens and not institutions of learning.

Our Nigerian roads are death traps and there is just no orderliness in our society. Corruption is at it's peak and there is no freedom of worship in many parts of the country. I do my part to help people back home but people should be willing to help themselves as well. A change of mindset is needed in Nigeria or else I forsee anarchy in the not so distant future.

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Super1759: 6:08am On Aug 22, 2012
There is no place like home. Naija is still the best home. I love am die!!!!

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Dawdy(m): 6:31am On Aug 22, 2012
Capital YES! I dont have another country.
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by casestudy: 8:02am On Aug 22, 2012
make i hear
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by megxo(m): 10:07am On Aug 22, 2012
werin i go do na.......ah gats to luv am wink
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by xanadus: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2012
i don't have choice.
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by drzed: 10:09am On Aug 22, 2012
Ah, how we for do? Monkey no fine but im mama still love am! grin

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by chytai(f): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2012
ofcourse there's no place like home.
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by newacca: 10:14am On Aug 22, 2012
against all odds. I still have UNDYING LOVE for my country NIGERIA.(Insha Allah) cheesy
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Korrection(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2012
I love nigeria ....honestly....a home where people work hard in everything.....we forge our own path and kill them all...you know you love this country when another country tries to ride on us.....ask ghana and south africa......9ja....we are one...just some few gulllible guys using the hell out of our brains

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Davgwen(f): 10:19am On Aug 22, 2012
i love nigeria die.God bless the federal republe of nigeria
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by greatgod2012(f): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2012
Ajo o le dun ko dabi ile, i love my country, i dont have choice
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2012
the problem with nigerians who hate nigeria ? they are not resourceful. they want everything to be handed to them on a platter.

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by sambos994(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2012
Who else's country will love...Sudan? LOL...I love my country, The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 22, 2012
Brb lemme google the question.
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by IdeaIsNeed: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2012
Dont love Nigeria, but i love Nigerians

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Series22(m): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2012
No as in u "DONT luv Nigeria" or No as in u "luv Nigeria"?
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by sambos994(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2012

Then please, move to Somalia.

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Series22(m): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2012
obadiah777: the problem with nigerians who hate nigeria ? they are not resourceful. they want everything to be handed to them on a platter.
The only problem with Nigeria is dat it is full of NIGERIANS
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Built2last: 10:30am On Aug 22, 2012
I have always loved my country but have not gotten to love the leadership. Nigeria is an entity totally seperate from her leadership.
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by earthgreeners(m): 10:31am On Aug 22, 2012
Nigeria is my home, and this is where we belong........I love Naija and I hope it gets better......
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by tellwisdom: 10:33am On Aug 22, 2012
Nigeria?? Where is that?? sad

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by sambos994(m): 10:33am On Aug 22, 2012
Great land: Check

Great people:OK

Great leaders: F**K NO!!!

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by sambos994(m): 10:34am On Aug 22, 2012
tellwisdom: Nigeria?? Where is that?? sad

It's on planet Mars...

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by Dpeacemaker101: 10:35am On Aug 22, 2012
God bless the president, the land and people of Nigeria. I love my country.
Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by k2039: 10:37am On Aug 22, 2012
My papa land,I love am die,I am proudly Naija and I remain Naija for life.Come rain ,sunshine,harmattan I will remain naija.
@Op,if I hate naija where I go claim as my land.
Dont worry we will soon take power away from all this useless power broker,its only a matter of time.Thats why I advise that everybody who has Nigeria's best interest at hand to try joining politics,so we can take power away from all this big theives,and change our papa's land to the best we want it to be.
The fact is if we sit down and do nothing about it now,it will keep deteriotating and it will only get worse.
My Signature says it all.
I remain Naija for life.
Kosi ilu to dabi ilu mi o naija,me le gbagbe ilu mi o naija,ajo o le dun ko dabi lie o naija,me le gbagbe ilu mi o naija.

Re: Do You Still Love Nigeria? by joejeezy(m): 10:39am On Aug 22, 2012
....and why won't i love Nigeria?...if i dn't who will?...no matter how bad it is i can still make it better

Pan African Forum Rejects Obasanjo As AU Observer Head In Zimbabwe / Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ / Buhari To Visit Cameroon After Ramadan - Premium Times