Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,375 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon (20441 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by asha80(m): 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
Chyz*:

It's not smart,period. Why are they looking for oil anyway besides greed?
Is there no more oil to go around now? I swear the SE people seem to never learn. smdh

i guess this is from experience.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2012
Chyz*:

It's not smart,period. Why are they looking for oil anyway besides greed? Is there no more oil to go around now? I swear the SE people seem to never learn. smdh
are u saying the search for oil in south east is born out of greediness?
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by emmatok(m): 9:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Taaaaaaaaaa. Oil in South West my foot. unless you mean red oil.

Too much Bad blood, grin

There are enough crude-oil deposits in ONDO,OGUN and LAGOS .
Maybe that will give you HIGH BP.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Chyz2: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2012
asha 80:

i guess this is from experience.

Call it what you may but it is damn sure not done for the benefit of the SE but individuals.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by asha80(m): 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
Chyz*:

Call it what you may but it is damn sure not done for the benefit of the SE but individuals.

it depends on what you are looking at.revenue accruing to imo is about twice that of anambra.reason?oil.the question now is to make sure the right people get to leadership.the so called development going on in akwa ibom is because of the offshore oil money that is now being giving to them unlike before hence the explosion of infrastructure developments you are seeing there.maybe if that was not the case nobody would have being saying anything about akwa ibom and infrastructure.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Solozzo(m): 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
berem: why is it only the south that you find oil? are there no traces of oil in the north? what happened to the chad basin? am just curious!

Any petroleum engineer in the house to help answer this interesting question?
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by EzeUche(m): 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
Why are Igbos jumping for joy about oil?

Haven't people realized by now that oil is a curse?

It is not like this new oil find will help anyone but the elites.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by sbeezy8: 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
EzeUche: Why are Igbos jumping for joy about oil?

Haven't people realized by now that oil is a curse?

It is not like this new oil find will help anyone but the elites.

you right wit ya big azz nose
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by EzeUche(m): 10:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
sbeezy8:

you right wit ya big azz nose

Tight jeans wearing sjeezy. . . I see you are back.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by techlegs: 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2012
Is it palm oil or vegetable oil.
Instead of thinking creatively, everyone is searching for oil whether it is commercially viable or not. Nonsense. Just waste of money.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by erico2k2(m): 10:44pm On Aug 19, 2012
asha 80:

hmm i guess this from experience which you know first hand.
Oyes cos I am from the Niger Delta.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by techlegs: 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
Solozzo:

Any petroleum engineer in the house to help answer this interesting question?

It is very futile trying to search for crude oil in the north, there is no commercial reservoir of crude oil in the north, it is better they focus on something else or some other projects that will develop the state creatively.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by erico2k2(m): 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
asha 80:

hmm i guess this from experience which you know first hand.
When people from them areas wake up one morning fetch water from their well and discovered it has gone oily then you too will get first hand experience?
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by marocguy(m): 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
ACM10:

Shut up! Brush up your grammar first.
Internet warrior,i dont have time to join issues with unimportant persons like you. Orient,Aguleri,Umueje,Omasi et al know better,what the real issues are on this,same with ANSG. You can see,resources management and discussions is not a nairaland thing. I am least bothered about kids like yourself cos when i had nairaland excitement you are having now,jumping into topics and saying anythin,you probably was seeing internet as rocket science,so would you kindly jump to another thread? Thanks
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by asha80(m): 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
erico2k2:
When people from them areas wake up one morning fetch water from their well and discovered it has gone oily then you too will get first hand experience?

ok what then is the essence of the chest beating 'my state get oil','your state no get oil' or 'you are after oil in my state'statements grin
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Pecca: 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2012
chino24: ^

You must be an ediot. Who the hell do you think you are? Who are you leaving behind, you are only leaving yourself behind not knowing that we have all moved at light speed, you thought everybody is a dullard? Come on board wawa man and lets sort out electronically. Who dash you people oil, instead of you to go home and farm you are looking for oil that is not 1000miles near your enugu state. I won't condone any form of mix up in the media by one local man from enugu state claiming that the oil that the Anambra Orient oil company is lifting is now domiciled in your sh1t state and no more in Anambra.

Your talk like something the cat just dragged in: dirty and senseless. I am ashamed at some of you fellow Igbo's! What is your problem with the discovery of oil in Enugu state. I ga-abu onye nsi na aja! Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by iamtheprincipal: 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
ebamma: oil was discovered in nigeria in 1956 so if enugu discovered theirs today kini big deal

@ebamma, there's indeed a 'big deal' if you must know. They have not been part of the 13% derivation that accrues oil producing states among others. It's not mandatory that you comment on every topic that is raised. If you don't know what to say, you should learn to keep mute.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by erico2k2(m): 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2012
asha 80:

ok what then is the essence of the chest beating 'my state get oil','your state no get oil' or 'you are after oil in my state'statements grin
your statement is struggling to gain meaning in my brain,xplain what you mean there.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by asha80(m): 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2012
erico2k2:
your statement is struggling to gain meaning in my brain,xplain what you mean there.

forget it.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by iamtheprincipal: 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
Nightshift: Oil or no oil, the most important thing for development is knowledge . A state in Germany ( Baden -Württemberg ),in its advertisement in 1995 says " we have no oil, or huge mineral resources , but we have knowledge ". The state is the second richest state in the country. Any lesson for Nigeria from that advert? Yes, no matter the quantity of oil we have or discover , without having the knowledge of how to use the money earned from our mineral resources export to improve our human development, it does the masses no good having such minerals in our soil. So, the question is, how can Enugu state use it's resources ie, coal , agricultural produce, limestone , oil(?), for development ?

@Nightshift, you are spot on.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by ezeagu(m): 12:05am On Aug 20, 2012
Isn't Enugu going to be sharing this oil with others? Has there been significant development in other oil producing states or have we seen the rise of militancy?

Next news...
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by gurujoe(m): 12:24am On Aug 20, 2012
techlegs: Is it palm oil or vegetable oil.
Instead of thinking creatively, everyone is searching for oil whether it is commercially viable or not. Nonsense. Just waste of money.
since yr community hv been tinkin creatively 4 d past century. Wht hv dey produced 2 make dem viable? * oda dan witches n wizards*. If u dont knw wht 2 write y cant u go out n play wit sand instead displayin yr *mbecility in a disgruntled way. If it is painin u dat dey ar discoverin oil in SE u beta hug xfoma. Id*ot
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by kama1210: 12:55am On Aug 20, 2012
Remaining Ebonyi state now. I believe there's lots of crude Oil in Afikpo North but wit a mundane as Governor discoveries will not take place. All south east has oil now except Ebonyi.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by cbjonstage(m): 5:18am On Aug 20, 2012
lazy set of people refusing to think to create or tap oda natural resources to make wealth out of it. no wonder our debt keeps rising geometrically
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by admitme(m): 7:10am On Aug 20, 2012
What a bashing thread!
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by PedroJP(m): 7:25am On Aug 20, 2012
at least we offer peace and accomodation too
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by esummer: 7:43am On Aug 20, 2012
E- town Carry Go Joor...No Stopping For The Ebeano State.
NDI OSU IMI GA-ANWUCHA. mtcheew
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by BlackBaron: 8:06am On Aug 20, 2012
Oil is a 'curse' or least in Nigerian context - Congrats on the discovery though, but as long as your community doesn't begin to look like this many years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4l6ArtUlrk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by bravehost4u(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2012
Trust me Naija is blessed.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Abbey2sam(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2012
Sam Milla: Trust me, oil is everywhere in the South including south west. It is only a matter of time. I was driving through Aninri area of Enugu state and what i saw on the ground indicated that there is some mineral there. I dont know what it is but watch out. This country is blessed with natural resources and political criminals as well.
is enugu in the southwest? grin
Sam Milla: Trust me, oil is everywhere in the South including south west. It is only a matter of time. I was driving through Aninri area of Enugu state and what i saw on the ground indicated that there is some mineral there. I dont know what it is but watch out. This country is blessed with natural resources and political criminals as well.
is enugu in the southwest?
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Abbey2sam(m): 8:56am On Aug 20, 2012
Letme tell you guyz "ibo's" sometin you seemz not to knw,oil have also been discovered in some part of the country for a long time now,the FG have done nothing abt it,not even listin those states yet.....the crude in d southsouth is even too much, so discovering crude now is a waste of time....enugu should try n discover another mineral resources..llet say ike uranium.....enugu want to be listed as oil producing state...can't just stop laughing...hahahahahaha
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by geeez: 9:15am On Aug 20, 2012
I thought these Ibo boys online are educated. You may wanna ask any of your extended relatives that work in the O&G industry whether or not there are oil deposits in Lagos, Ogun and Ondo?

And if you care to know, the emphasis here is not on natural resources which we have in abundance but in the human resources that abound. Consult your history books and blogs and find out how we did it in the Western Region, building a clan that was at least a hundred years ahead of the rest

Anyway now that you have oil in your landlocked region, can you go and prospect and quit hating Nigeria's most progressive and prosperous tribe on this blog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Suicide Bombers Attack Maiduguri Market Again / INEC Declares Apc’s Amosun Winner Of Ogun Governorship Election / 34,000 Ghost Workers: Syndicate Uncovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.