Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser (3899 Views)

Doyin Okupe The Bastard / Okupe: “the Attack Lion” Under Fire For Selling Poison / Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Gbawe: 10:41am On Aug 21, 2012
http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/babsajayi/081912.html

Babs Ajayi Sunday, August 19, 2012
Babsajayi@yahoo.com
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

OKUPE: THE RETURN OF A RABBLE ROUSER

He is back. He is here. He is the new media assistant at the palace of plunder in Abuja. This is his second coming, but this time he is a sidekick and an errand boy with a mission, a mission that is absolutely impossible because the people are wiser now. He is the new bulldog that will take up critics and writers who have been bold enough to challenge his new boss and have been telling him to go away and take his nightmarish ways with him. His master knew he needed to do something to shield himself from fire and condemnations relating to his poor actions and terrible inactions; he needed someone to respond to the attacks without facts and without focus on the truth. In fact, he has no truth in him and knew the evidence against him are just overwhelming and solid, so he needed a rabble-rouser, a noise maker, an attack dog, a castrated animal who can bark very well - he does not have to bite but he should be able to attack the real and perceived enemies.

The palace of doom has every reason to worry considering the calls from around the nation for the looters it harbours to leave and return to Yenagoa without delay. If you entrust your property and treasures to a man and found out that the man is a thief and a lover of gifts, then you have to do your very best to protect your wealth and get rid of the criminal as soon as possible. But the palace is determined to keep the plundering going and to find a loose canon who can fend off attacks and who can go after writers, critics, opponents, and those labelled the enemies of his new master. These are tough times for Aso Rock and paying lip service to recovering stolen loots from the cabal of petroleum subsidy thieves and getting them prosecuted has been the action of choice.

Enter Mr. Okupe the new media assistant who will defend and defend and deny to the very end. Okupe's new title: Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, a far cry and a demotion, but that is fine for anyone who just wants to be relevant and who is desperate to be part of the cabal. It appears Okupe is happy to be back after many years in the cold since the first term of President Olusegun Obasanjo, who appointed him as Aso Rock's Press Secretary and eventually threw him out after accusing him of various acts of impropriety. And trust OBJ, he never hesitate to expose anyone who try to outsmart him and outdo him, or anyone who will be bold enough to use his name without his knowledge to curry favour here and there. But Okupe is back and desperate to justify his inclusion and new coming. He is more likely to do a 'better job' of fighting off the opposition and critics. He would like to be seen as an "attack lion" and not an attack dog, but unfortunately for Okupe all we have seen so far is a barking dog. The dog is never going to grow into a lion because that will defy the rules of nature and the order of things.

Okupe was brought into the doomed palace for a purpose and there is no how he will be able to recalibrate, rebuild or re-brand a terribly damaged product. He actually lacks the competences to recalibrate anything. But Aso Rock is not after the truth and is least interested in people who will tell them the game was up and the time has come to get out, and that was why people of the shade and shape of Doyin Okupe was needed. Okupe told a local television station that his job was to engage the public in discussions around the achievements of Mr. Jonathan's administration! Okupe had since started his discussions agenda by attacking everyone who has been criticizing his boss and telling him the truth about his failures and crooked, selfish and un-presidential activities.

I am prepared to discuss with Mr. Okupe on far more important issues that concerns him and his own image. I would like to engage Okupe in discussions around the N600 million Benue State contract scam. What can Okupe tell me about that contract and the N600 million involved? Is it true that he has a pending case at the EFCC about the N600 million contract? By the way, is it true that his company, Messrs Value trust Investments Ltd abandoned the road construction contract awarded to it after collecting over Ni billion from the Benue State government? Is it true that the Benue State government was only able to recover the sum of N55.2 million from Okupe's company after he abandoned the job? Doyin Okupe should be open and eager to discuss the facts relating to his nearly one month in EFCC detention between July and August 2006 and engage the masses of our nation in this matter. It does not look like Okupe has cleared his name in the sordid Benue State case and needs to clear his name before going out there to bark at the opponents of his paymaster.

It does not really matter to many of us who was appointed or brought into Aso Rock. This is Aso Rock remember! The place stinks, it is doomed, it is a den of thieves and it is where a few are living off the sweat of 100 million Nigerians and helping themselves to everything they can lay their hands on. Adding one, two, three or four more miscreant(s) to the palace will not spoil or dent anything. It is business as usual and it is very obvious the only thing that is important to Mr. Jonathan at the moment is not doing what is right but defending all the wrongs and criminal activities inside Aso Rock and his hugely corrupt PDP government. Man Friday is here again. He will do anything to defend his paymaster. He is prepared to do what those currently responsible for media and public relations - the professionals who will not sell their conscience despite managing the image of a doomed palace - are unwilling to do knowing there will be life after Aso Rock. He will leave his mark with brutal attacks on real and imaginary enemies. He will stir up fire here and there and will not be able to put the fire out. He will accuse people and attack their persons while ignoring the facts. His mission is to take attention away from the facts, the truth and the problem, and give his master some breathing room.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by wesley80(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2012
For a sec there I thought I was reading an analysis of the Gbawe-Tinubu relationship! Oops did I just say that?

1 Like

Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by PointB: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2012
wesley80: For a sec there I thought I was reading an analysis of the Gbawe-Tinubu relationship! Oops did I just say that?

That's cold! grin grin grin grin I mean referring to ACN laptop #1 like that isn't very cool. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Zutchy: 11:52am On Aug 21, 2012
wesley80: For a sec there I thought I was reading an analysis of the Gbawe-Tinubu relationship! Oops did I just say that?
LMFAO
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Zutchy: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
But quite seriously,whatever it is that pushes this Gbawe person is something he Is passionate about,I mean see the way he builds up the tempo towards the end of his narration,until he reaches the climax,it's almost dramatic,wow,that was quite a write up,you guys must really feel threatened by this Doyin Okupe guy,omo see essay.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Johndoe100(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2012

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

"This is Aso Rock remember! The place stinks, it is doomed, it is a den of thieves and it is where a few are living off the sweat of 100 million Nigerians and helping themselves to everything they can lay their hands on."

This is the problem with the Yoruba, who are they deceiving? Tinubu would give Remi's kitty out for a week, no questions asked to be in Aso Rock. See the nonsense they are spewing.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by PointB: 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
It does not really matter to many of us who was appointed or brought into Aso Rock. This is Aso Rock remember! The place stinks, it is doomed, it is a den of thieves and it is where a few are living off the sweat of 100 million Nigerians and helping themselves to everything they can lay their hands on. Adding one, two, three or four more miscreant(s) to the palace will not spoil or dent anything.

Let me paraphrase the above lifted from the article.

It does not really matter to many of us who was appointed or brought into Alausa (Lagos State Governor Office). This is Alausa remember! The place stinks, it is doomed, it is a den of thieves (certificate forgers, identity thieves, drug barons) and it is where a few (Tinubu and co) are living off the sweat of 20 million Lagosians and helping themselves to everything they can lay their hands on. Adding one, two, three or four more miscreant(s) to the palace will not spoil or dent anything.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Bukkyade: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
Copyright 2012 . GBAWE and ACN lappy squad publications.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
seems okupes fellow rabble rousers are in full effect

team gej - if you can't dazzle them with brilliance or baffle them with BS,you can only derail them with insults
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Chubhie: 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
I respect Gbawe's energy,passion and doggedness and he has a sound mind but where i seem to have a lil problem with some of his write up is that he vilifies anything PDP and uses another hand to paint ACN as the knight in shining armor....For some neutrals as me, who sees most politicians as same regardless of party affiliations am bound to have problems with some of his arguments.

At the end of the day, most arguments is based between us-PDP and them-ACN so tis a lil difficult for independent minds to have a say without being branded a card carrying member of ACN or the notorious lappy killer squad.

1 Like

Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by wesley80(m): 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
Chubhie: I respect Gbawe's energy,passion and doggedness and he has a sound mind but where i seem to have a lil problem with some of his write up is that he vilifies anything PDP and uses another hand to paint ACN as the knight in shining armor....For some neutrals as me, who sees most politicians as same regardless of party affiliations am bound to have problems with some of his arguments.

At the end of the day, most arguments is based between us-PDP and them-ACN so tis a lil difficult for independent minds to have a say without being branded a card carrying member of ACN or the notorious lappy killer squad.

My broda na so o! Its really difficult for independent minded people like US to have a say without folks politicizing our every comment. See how that other fellow Oyb who by the way is a well known victim of the ACN brainwash just tagged everybody "Okupe's fellow rable rousers"! awwwww so so unfair.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by sheyguy: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
I thought the focus of this thread is suppose to be Okukpe. . . But it turns out to the OP, Gbawe.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by wesley80(m): 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
^^ lol I believe that's what they call "Poetic Justice"

3 Likes

Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
Is anyone surprised that the Jonathanistas on this thread choose to look the other way on the small matter of equity?
Birds of the same feather they say...

After series of denials that he was being investigated by the EFCC for allegedly defrauding Benue and Imo state governments, senior special assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on public affairs, Doyin Okupe has finally opened up and in fact opted for a settlement with the Benue state government.

iReports-ng.com had exclusively reported the story that Mr Okupe is enmeshed in a multi-million naira contract scam. While the presidential spokesman was making frantic efforts to deny the report, fresh facts emerged that he was not only being investigated by the EFCC over the Benue contract scam but that he had actually being detained for four weeks in the agency’s cell over a similar case in Imo state.

Okupe who has obviously come under pressures especially from the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN which last week called for his sack, decided to open up to some of his friends who he approached to help launch damage control campaigns in the media.

According to one of his friends who spoke to iReports-ng.com on the condition of anonymity, Okupe has not only repented of denying his face-off with the law over contract scams, he has gone ahead to brief a Lagos based lawyer, Yemi Gbonegun to represent him in a settlement arrangement he is negotiating with the Benue state government over the contract scam.

A lawyer in Gbonegun’s chambers confirmed the development to iReports-ng.com. The lawyer said the presidential aide was indeed awarded a rural road contract in Benue during the administration of Mr George Akume through Okupe’s company, Messrs Value Trust Investment Ltd.

Okupe’s decision to enter into negotiations with the Benue state government through an arbitration, a close source in the presidency revealed, was to block the EFCC which had initially denied the existence of such a case, from pressing criminal charges against him. The ACN had warned EFCC against cover up while the agency’s chairman Ibrahim Lamorde had during the week obtained an updated status reports on the two cases against Okupe to brief Mr Jonathan should he be called upon to brief the president on the raging controversy.

iReports-ng.com also gathered that in the coming days, many public relations consultants already hired and paid millions of naira by Mr Okupe will hit newspaper houses with reports that will paint Okupe as an asset to President Jonathan rather than a liabilty. His image minders will also attempt to portray the contract scam as a civil case.

To sustain that, they will sell to the public through the media that disputes arose over the contract because there was a change of baton between Akume who awarded the contract to Okupe and incumbent Governor Gabriel Suswam who seeks to recover the millions of Benue funds Okupe bolted with.

Source
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Gbawe: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
sheyguy: I thought the focus of this thread is suppose to be Okukpe. . . But it turns out to the OP, Gbawe.

My guy, their cretin-like behaviour is fully explained by the adage from Eleanor Roosevelt that "great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people". By discussing Gbawe, you directly discern the simpletons here. Anyway, it is always a sign of infatuation when folks tend to follow others around slavishly. I am now a sort of deity to these cretins to the extent they can ignore the topic in preference for pathetic notice-me-mischief.

@Topic. That Okupe has joined team GEJ is no surprise. This is a highly desperate and totally immoral Presidency interested only in spin and perpetuating itself in power at all cost. Any criminal and dubious character is welcomed in the GEJ Government as long as they are ready to toe the line of clannish and cult-like deceit this Government wants to sustain itself with. Did Dokpesi, for example, not turn campaign tools for team shameless GEJ? It is just amusing watching Nigeria these days under the control of those who "don't give a damn" but all things come to an end. Nigeria too , as is increasingly becoming the norm even in Africa, will get to the stage of 'round pegs for round holes'. Evolution will see to that. Soon it will not be possible for empty barrels and clueless mediocrities , complete with illiterate wives, to gain very influential office they will then embarrass Nigeria with.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by PointB: 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
The great idea our resident hypocrite would like us to discuss happens to be 'Okupe'
Pray which idea exactly is 'Okupe'? Is 'Okupe' a space technology for traversing the Multiverse? Is it a perpetual energy source? Or perhaps 'Okupe' is the code name for the revolutionary idea that will destroy the boko haram terrorist group?

Some guys clearly think with their anus, especially when their tongues are stuck deep in Tinubu/ACN arsehole! These ACN laptops (or lap dogs) are incredible. grin grin grin grin

Small mind discuss people. Ironic isn't it? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by sheyguy: 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
Okukpe's scandal with benue state sure isn't an idea, neither is it a person.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Gbawe: 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
sheyguy: Okukpe's scandal with benue state sure isn't an idea, neither is it a person.

Man mi, PointB is one of the Nairalanders very famous for slow and dull thinking. No need showing him what his dull brain missed . He is exposed here daily for being slow. I have to credit him for being vacuously resilient and thick-skinned enough to keep coming back with totally idiotic submissions in an attempt to compensate for his obvious intellectual deficit.

Okupe has , more or less , now admitted to being a crook under investigation. The association of this crook with the Presidency , as another disastrous trend for a failing nation, is the real issue here. Yet dullards and loser , with nothing between their ears, focus on their petty obsessions. Slice or dice it however you want, the Presidency has goofed again by showing it is only interested in running a deceitful government that welcomes every miscreant so far as said miscreant can help to prolong the continuous movement of the 'gravy train'.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by nduchucks: 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
GEJ is very much aware of Okupe's activities, so why on earth would he make Okupe an adviser? Is GEJ actually sane?
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by PointB: 2:53am On Aug 22, 2012
Double post
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by PointB: 3:04am On Aug 22, 2012
Gbawe:

Man mi, PointB is one of the Nairalanders very famous for slow and dull thinking.
) This clearly shows you arrogate some form of 'higher intelligence' to yourself. Is it a form of self therapy recommended to you at Yaba left? The shrink might have studied your constant need for acceptance and love to have recommend this line of therapy for you.

Now did he (the shrink) also suggest criteria for measuring your self assumed super intelligence? Is the length and depth of your tongue stuck in Tinubu's arsehole one of such measure of your super intelligence? Does equating 'Okupe' as an idea measure your generous dose of super intelligence? Perhaps your super intelligence can also be measured by the volume of anti-GEJ bile you vomit every seconds in your attempt to deflect attention from the looting currently going on in Lagos state government, under the supervision of your paymaster and lord - emperor Tinubu?

Perhaps your self styled super intelligence is measured by the number of times you promote your undisputed title as the Resident Hypocrite of Nairaland, AC.N Laptop #1?
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by sheyguy: 6:25am On Aug 22, 2012
Good governance in a developing nation like ours is definitely a great idea, and any obstacle to good governance sure deserves a mention. Okupe may be a person, but i still find it hard to decipher how some people can't see the connection here, especially when we consider Okupe's past record.
Some even choose to see one party as the opposite of another, a clear sign of their obsession . . . May God help us all, Amen.
Gbawe:

Man mi, PointB is one of the Nairalanders very famous for slow and dull thinking. No need showing him what his dull brain missed . He is exposed here daily for being slow. I have to credit him for being vacuously resilient and thick-skinned enough to keep coming back with totally idiotic submissions in an attempt to compensate for his obvious intellectual deficit.

Okupe has , more or less , now admitted to being a crook under investigation. The association of this crook with the Presidency , as another disastrous trend for a failing nation, is the real issue here. Yet dullards and loser , with nothing between their ears, focus on their petty obsessions. Slice or dice it however you want, the Presidency has goofed again by showing it is only interested in running a deceitful government that welcomes every miscreant so far as said miscreant can help to prolong the continuous movement of the 'gravy train'.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Demdem(m): 7:57am On Aug 22, 2012
This thread is about a self-confessed crook, Okupe. I wonder why these sycophants enjoys derailing threads

1 Like

Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by PointB: 8:09am On Aug 22, 2012
'Those who come to equity must come with clean hands.' Nairalanders are tired of high stories from the ACN propagandists and laptops!
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Gbawe: 8:13am On Aug 22, 2012
Demdem: This thread is about a self-confessed crook, Okupe. I wonder why these sycophants enjoys derailing threads

My brother, they are jobless mischief-makers and losers too obsessed with others to ever reason correctly. This is not an issue about Gbawe or even any political Party for that matter. It is about the President of all Nigerians openly fraternising with crooks and empowering them. It is a very negative and destructive trend that is too common with GEJ and an indicator the man truly does not "give a damn". Of course , and as usual, this is all to the detriment of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Gbawe: 8:22am On Aug 22, 2012
sheyguy: Good governance in a developing nation like ours is definitely a great idea, and any obstacle to good governance sure deserves a mention. Okupe may be a person, but i still find it hard to decipher how some people can't see the connection here, especially when we consider Okupe's past record.
Some even choose to see one party as the opposite of another, a clear sign of their obsession . . . May God help us all, Amen.

My brother, simply thank god you are lucky not to be 'dense' like others. The issue being discussed is straightforward enough and some only make a fool of themselves repeating their usual show of distraction that is totally bereft of intelligence, logic or pertinence. Even a child knows that the President must lead by example. Substantively, it is actions like these that shows GEJ genuinely "does not give a damn".
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by kasiem(m): 8:54am On Aug 22, 2012
sheyguy: Good governance in a developing nation like ours is definitely a great idea, and any obstacle to good governance sure deserves a mention. Okupe may be a person, but i still find it hard to decipher how some people can't see the connection here, especially when we consider Okupe's past record.
at the bolded, don't u think that destructive criticisms can be a cog in the wheel of good governance? So is it bad to stop it bad to stop it by make mockery of Gbawe?
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Demdem(m): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2012
Whats destructive in criticising a self-confessed thief Do u guys have brains at all?
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Gbawe: 9:10am On Aug 22, 2012
kasiem: at the bolded, don't u think that destructive criticisms can be a cog in the wheel of good governance? So is it bad to stop it bad to stop it by make mockery of Gbawe?

Another slowpoke needing to demand a refund from wherever he studied. Why not address the substantive issue of your President employing crooks and individuals of shady character? Your Country is going to the dogs and all fools like you care to do is focus on fellow bloggers instead of commenting in ways that show you have the adult maturity to note and address the subject matter. Our disastrous Olympic outing, the worst in recent history, is another poignant example of GEJ's penchant for empowering crooks and mediocrities everywhere.

What is your President doing appointing a shady character as his spokesperson? Is it not that lawless, desperate and crooked GEJ does not "give a damn" about doing what is right and is only interested in anything, however dodgy and morally reprehensible, that promotes his self-interest and preservation?
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Gbawe: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2012
Demdem: Whats destructive in criticising a self-confessed thief Do u guys have brains at all?

They are as clueless as the messiah they worship. Absolutely nothing between their ears.
Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by wesley80(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2012
Demdem: Whats destructive in criticising a self-confessed thief Do u guys have brains at all?
I've always told you that those without brains are always the first to accuse others of being without brains. Do you get high by proving me right?

1 Like

Re: Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser by Demdem(m): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2012
Gbawe:

They are as clueless as the messiah they worship. Absolutely nothing between their ears.

Like their master, an empty head inside an empty hat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Has No Igbo Agenda. We 'll Vote For Jonathan-ohanaeze / 10 Important Facts You Must Know About Lagos State / Photos: Russian Supermarket Under Fire For Calling Barack Obama A Monkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.