Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? (60173 Views)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by kosiobabiolorun: 11:56am On Aug 28, 2012
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6 vs 12
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Ayomivic(m): 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
cheddarking: Any Christian that truly believes he should 'love' his enemies is truly a f00l.

Your true enemy is that man/woman who hates you for no just cause, and who doesn't want to see you succeed in life.
Your true enemy is that person who in the shadow of the night carries your name to the babalawo to kill you(This is irrespective of the babalawo's effectiveness. The intent is the key factor)
Your true enemy is that person who would physically attack(or pay someone to physically attack) you.

And you feel such a person should live?

Throughout the bible, there are multiple examples of God destroying the enemies of his people.

Any christian worth his salt must endeavour to rain spiritual fire and bullets on his enemies!

You can pray against your enemey without asking for his soul .You can pray these prayer

God protect me from my enemy,don't let him have power over me,guide my going out and coming in.

If you believe enemy has taken something important from you.You can pray that God should return that thing back to you and that God should render enemy power to be useless over you.

Just imagine a father that has two son one is wicked and disobedient.The other is obident and gentle.Let say the father gave the obident son something and the wicked son went and block his way,beat him and collect what father gave him.The gentle son then went to complain to their father. what do you think the father would do?He can console the gentle son and give him another one or punish the wicked son and collecte what he had collected back to the owner.

But if the gentle boy is asking that father should kill the wicked boy for his sake ,what then make the gentle son different to the so call wicked son ? Which father will kill son for another son? Think of this

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by nedostic: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
@ All,

If we pray against our 'supposedly' enemies to die. What then is the difference between a Christian and an occult?

More so, if we pray for demons or spirit beings to die, do they actually die in the true sense?

My take on this remains that if we live and think right as much as we could coupled with the grace of God,no demon or 'supposedly' human enemy can overcome us in anyway. The key to overcoming evil is righteousness.

That your pastor says you should pray against your enemies,does not make your pastor right.

When I look back on how I have acted foolishly, I can never stop laughing at myself all in the name of warfare prayers.

Come to think of it, is poverty a spirit or a socio-economic malady? We do not need to bind or destroy poverty all in the name of breaking out of poverty. What a Christian needs is to pray to God for wisdom to unlock opportunities as well as favour.

More so, we all need to overcome this habit of frivolities(time frittered away on inconsequential activities),indolence(laziness),trading blames on others(buck-passing of responsibilities)and this corrupt attitude of get-rich-quick syndrome.
Permit me if I have digressed a bit from the topic!

Above all, let us learn to harmonize scriptures and not quote scriptures out of context to suit our own desires and longings. This indeed is manipulative!

If the Lord Jesus Christ gave us an example of the kind of prayer(Our Lord's Prayer), we should pray. Then let us stick to it if we are His followers.

Even our Lord Jesus Christ told us that in this world there would be tribulations and persecutions for children of God but we should always have the confidence that we are overcomers.

On a lighter note, so if most of us were to be Stephen in the bible, we would have rained 'unquenchable' Holy Ghost fire on those who stoned him to death!On the contrary, brother Stephen prayed for God's mercy on them!

Methinks, its better we love our 'supposedly' human enemies and apply wisdom when dealing with them. As regards, the spiritual forces-the real enemies, we should key to righteousness most while praying for their activities to paralyse over our lives and others.

Let us endeavour to purge our minds as well from profane thoughts. There is no doubt that the human mind is in constant battle between good and evil.I have no doubt that the human mind is the most difficult enemy to deal with.
The devil(s) cannot come to a (wo)man physically,the only viable medium for the devil(s)is the human mind.No wonder the bible says that we should guard it religiously,jealously and diligently.The emphasis is mine!

No one can claim to know it all,but its always good to separate truth from 'supposedly' man-made doctrine!

May God bless us all!It pays to overcome evil with good rather than the other way round!!Jesus Christ is Lord!!!

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Ayomivic(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
mencer:
'For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save [them]. And they went to another village' Luke 9:56

Permit me to expatiate on this verse. I think there is leason to learn there for those that still believe in destroying their enemy.Let read the book of Luke 9:51-56 i quote.

"And it come to pass,when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, And sent messengers before his face and they went,and enter into a village of Samaritan,to make ready for him.And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this,they said,lord wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them,even as Elias did ?
But he turned ,and rebuked them, and said.Ye know not what manner of spirit you are of .For the son of man is not come to destroy men's live, but to save them. And they went to another village"

this is another evidence from Master himself. Are will ready to be like him or to follow our own way of lives ?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by mencer(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2012
Come, Thou almighty King,
Help us Thy Name to sing, help us to praise!
Father all glorious, o'er all victorious,
Come and reign over us, Ancient of Days!

Jesus, our Lord, arise,
Scatter our enemies, and make them fall;
Let Thine almighty aid our sure defense be made,
Souls on Thee be stayed; Lord, hear our call.

Come, Thou incarnate Word,
Gird on Thy mighty sword, our prayer attend!
Come, and Thy people bless, and give Thy Word success,
Spirit of holiness, on us descend!
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by doracle1: 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2012
Brethrens, Its good to know that there are people who still love the Lord inspite of the schemes of the enemies. With regard to loving your enemies or praying that they die.. I want you to look at it this way, Jesus commanded us to love our enemies so that we can be known as children of the Most High. Nevertheless, the bible also says my people perish for lack of knowledge; Enemies are of different categories: "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armor in which he trusted, and divides his spoils." Luke 11:21-22. If you have not had any encounter with satanic attack I think it will be difficult for you to understand the level or intensity of prayer. Sometimes we have to pray crazy prayers in order to experience liberty in Christ. Spiritual enemies are diffrent from someone who is interested in your physical position at work or wants to take away your contract. Satan assigns evil agents planted in some key peoples lives to withhold the birth of their blessing and if you are careless with your life then I'm sorry to say, you might just have a short life without fulfilling any purpose of God. "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10:19. The conclusion is Yes love your enemies, pray for them and hope that they will change. However, if they continue like pharaoh to resist you and God then you have no other alternative but to ask for complete removal. “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned." John 15:5-6.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by nedostic: 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2012
@Doracle1,

Love the way you started but you shot yourself on the foot going by your conclusion.Please no hard feelings about this!

What can you deduce from the scripture(John 15:5-6) you quoted?

Kindly reconcile it with 'complete removal of your enemy'.

You cited Pharaoh in the bible. Need I remind you that it was God who hardened Pharaoh's heart and God dealt with him appropriately.

Let us learn to apply scriptures within the right context rather than quoting out of context.

On a final note, let us pray aright most especially for the salvation of others and the grace to always pray,think,meditate,talk and act right.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by theunusualmoon(m): 12:38am On Aug 29, 2012
you are supposed to pray that your enemy lives long enough to see the glory of GOD revealed in you.death is the easiest punishment on earth.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by SuperT(m): 1:30am On Aug 31, 2012
Who is the Enemies? Is the devil. Then If you say the enemy should fall down and die what you are saying is that the

power behind your problem should die that should loose it power or the vessel that it using should loose that power.

Not really against any body. But it God that answer Prayer if it killing the vessel the devil is using will be the

solution. That is not your own problem. I have seen someone praying that God should destroyed the troubler of his

life. And one herbalist gave his Life to his God because all the juju his using on him refused to work.

Also someone can be enemy of his life when praying that his enemy should die that is the devil in his life should die

period.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Yornandrew: 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2012
it is wrong and multitudes praying like that may not make heaven. becos God wants us to walk in love. the most dangerous thing in christianity is praying without walking in love and right understanding of scriptures
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Ndipe(m): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Is asking God to fight your battles also a sin?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by tpia1: 11:59am On Dec 08, 2012
tpia@:
nigerians used to pray for their enemies to have long life.

however, sometimes these enemies do need to fall back and stop constituting a nuisance.

i was just considering this the other day and was rather amazed to realize these days, you see your enemies hanging around you as if you're the source of their salvation. You consider somebody your enemy, yet you still hang around the person as if common sense has evaporated from your body.

because you're trying to harm them- is that the reason for staying in their face?

better repent [if you like of course].

like i said undecided
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ChristRules: 2:52pm On May 18, 2013
To Debrief08:
I am responding to your outstanding comments on August 27, 2012. Unfortunately, I didn't read it sooner! You said it all and saved me from this destructive prayer path. Things actually got worse for me praying these "death prayers." Also, sorry for me about to get off on a tangent but I want to make a point: it is the same deal with the dreams. I started buying into "pay attention to your dreams" which the same "Die, Die" ministries preach. Guess what? I started having some of the dreams they talked about that are suppose to destroy a person. Now I see it as the devil playing with me regarding these dreams. Oh don't misunderstand me, I do believe that God communicates to us in dreams if he so chooses to but the devil can too. Every time I see someone who is jealous of me in a dream doesn't mean they are doing voodoo against me. This further ties right back into those "Die, Die" prayers where your suppose to pray against these dreams at odd hours of the night. Sleep is important and lack of it can make one more susceptible to being easily deluded- I speak from experience. I hope this helps people. KEEP BLESSING OTHERS GOING!!!!
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Ndipe(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2013
Leave vengeance to God.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ChristRules: 1:15pm On May 19, 2013
I think people are looking for a solution to witchcraft attacks and other evils coming against them. What I want to know is how people who don't pray against their enemies handle witchcraft situations especially ones that require immediate attention. Also, do these ministers who encourage praying against enemies, make-up a lot of their stories about people under witchcraft attack to scare people into praying these prayers? I am talking about mind control. Also, how can one fall under witchcraft attack when God talks about "an unjust curse doesn't come to rest?"
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by daring12: 1:12am On Jul 17, 2014
Well detailed article on this issue/topic. Get enlightened:
http://www.thankgodforjesus.org/african-churches-praying-let-die-prayers-unscriptural/

ZeusI: My prayer(and so should a true christian's be) is for my foes to live long, yet, powerless to undermine my acheivement, to live in perpetual self-affliction. Why should he die? Any who pray for their(enemies) physical demise(instead of their spiritual death; toothless) of his enemy is a church goer not a christian.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by klbakare(m): 2:31am On Jul 17, 2014
to all confused persons on nairaland interested in this topic: I am proudly m.f.m by d grace of God. I wud like to mention firstly that u shud judge m.f.m from your assessments of d kind of prayers prayed at all international programmes mostly held at the intl hq or at prayer city as some pastors in the local churches do not understand d concept of m.f.m prayers themselves. Pls note i may not be able to quote bible passages exactly as it is written and their locations, its up to u to find that out. THE DEBATE PROPER:- DO DIE PRAYERS prayed in the name of jesus work? Answer:-YES. WHO ANSWERS THIS PRAYERS? Ans:-GOD. DOES GOD JUDGE THE INTENT OF YOUR PRAYERS? Ans:- YES. DOES GOD ANSWER WICKED PRAYERS? Ans: NO.
i believe u all know dat certainly not all prayers get annswers, for obvious reasons offcourse, praying amiss,sins and lack of persistence. Therefore like all prayers,some DIE prayers get answered while some do not. GOD is a great judge,if the laws of this world can allow death sentence for certain offences, then how much more the almighty.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by tpia1: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by rntbica: 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
Let me answer your question with scripture:
Romans 5:8-10

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

We were God's enemies yet Jesus died for us. I thank God Jesus didn't have the attitude of stop them before they stop me. I thank God that Jesus carried a cross after being whipped and spat upon and gave up His life for such a worm as I. I thank God that Jesus gave His life for people who betrayed Him, whipped Him, mocked Him, spat on Him, for people who yelled "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!" Jesus gave His life for His enemies.

I refuse to ask that my enemies die in the name of Jesus because Jesus did not ask that God to kill His enemies. Instead He was merciful and paid the ultimate sacrificed for His enemy so that we can have eternal life.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ihedioramma: 4:37am On Nov 02, 2015
Goshen360:
^^^
You see my dear brother. People don't know the difference between being in a physical church/denomination and being in the kingdom. The kingdom people will not prayer that their physical enemies should die because they understand they themselves were once the enemies of God. What if God had killed them?
thank you . and JESUS, teach us to pray forgive as we forgive other .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by DavidOluyale(m): 1:16pm On Jan 01, 2016
klbakare:
to all confused persons on nairaland interested in this topic: I am proudly m.f.m by d grace of God. I wud like to mention firstly that u shud judge m.f.m from your assessments of d kind of prayers prayed at all international programmes mostly held at the intl hq or at prayer city as some pastors in the local churches do not understand d concept of m.f.m prayers themselves. Pls note i may not be able to quote bible passages exactly as it is written and their locations, its up to u to find that out. THE DEBATE PROPER:- DO DIE PRAYERS prayed in the name of jesus work? Answer:-YES. WHO ANSWERS THIS PRAYERS? Ans:-GOD. DOES GOD JUDGE THE INTENT OF YOUR PRAYERS? Ans:- YES. DOES GOD ANSWER WICKED PRAYERS? Ans: NO.
i believe u all know dat certainly not all prayers get annswers, for obvious reasons offcourse, praying amiss,sins and lack of persistence. Therefore like all prayers,some DIE prayers get answered while some do not. GOD is a great judge,if the laws of this world can allow death sentence for certain offences, then how much more the almighty.

The fact that the laws of this world can make death sentences for certain offences does mean it right . Not our standard.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by DavidOluyale(m): 1:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
Redhot111:
My guy its very much in place 2 pray dat d evil forces dat r troublin u should die 4 obvoius reasons. A king a king in isreal ws commanded by God 2 completely destroy d amalekites but he left some alive. And doz remnant later re enforced 2 fyt d nation of isreal, killing d king in d process. Nw if u dont stp dem by killing dem wit prayers if u can, God bein a merciful God will 4giv dem if dey succeed 2 kill u n repent afterward. Funi enuf dey will even make heaven if dia repentance is genuine. While u may make hell if u fell frm grace as at d tym dey killed u. So stp dem b4 dey stop u. Period.

Jesus asked we pray for not against. Why are we arguing with Jesus. Do we now know more than Him?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by DavidOluyale(m): 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
kensandrea:
PLS SPECIFY THE TYPE OF ENEMY YOU MEAN @ OP

[size=15pt]IF ITS PHYSICAL ENEMY THEN I WOULD SAY[/size] [size=16pt]ITS WRONG[/size]

[size=15pt]BUT IF ITS SPIRITUAL ENEMY THEN I DONT SEE ANYTHING WORNG IN IT.......... IT IS VERY OK TO ME[/size]

Do spirits die ?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by DavidOluyale(m): 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
manny4life:
Even the Bible acknowledged EVIL of higher places, and God commanded,

"Suffer not a witch to live but die", therefore, since a witch is my enemy, I won't pray for them to live and continue to hurt me, and perhaps, GOD FORBID, I become a victim of death by their sorcery. There you have it, enemies comes in different forms and fashion, as for witch/spiritual enemy, I WILL NOT pray for live, BUT death.

That's if u leave the house of Jacob. If you stop abiding under the shadow of the Al mighty .

There is No enchantment against the house of Jacob.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by DavidOluyale(m): 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
Kobojunkie:

Signs of an immature Christian.

If you read the book of Psalms, David went from Praying for his enemies to die to accepting responsibility for the bad that he caused in his life by making openings for these so-called enemies to come in.

Jesus said love. David said hate as you suggesting. Which one will you follow?

Jesus is LORD above all.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by DavidOluyale(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
MurderX:
if we use prayer kill de bad guys before dem kill their facebook lover, na crime be dat? if we use prayer blast the boko guys,before dem boko madalla and okene women and children na crime be dat? Abegi, if your prayer dey work use am take finish evil men.

How are u sure you are not someone else's enemy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dr. Paul Enenche Turned A Wedding To Healing Service, Heal A Woman With Clutches / Pastor Chidi Eke Dies While Fasting For 40 Days In Imo / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.