Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,561 members, 7,770,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:48 AM

Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons (9987 Views)

Muslim Women Protest In Kaduna - "Free El-zakzaky" - Photos / Fulani Herdsmen Raping, Killing Our People – Enugu Women / Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by youngies(m): 8:48am On Aug 22, 2012
In recent times, Aji community in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State has witnessed an unprecedented upsurge in crime. Since December 2012, three youths of the community have been killed by suspected ritualists. The worrisome thing about the killings was that the vital parts of the victims were removed by the unknown killers raising apprehension among the villages that ritual killers are on the prowl in their community.

Worried by this trend, the women of Aji, led by Mrs Amaka Urama, a school teacher and chairman of the Catholic Women Organization (CWO), staged a peaceful protest in the community, demanding an immediate end to the killings and the dissolution of the community’s vigilante, which they feared has been infiltrated by criminals and politicians, who want to use the members to achieve their political end.

They alleged that the chairman of the vigilante, Mr. Joseph Azegbe and the counsellor of the area had used masquerades to harass and intimidate them in efforts to stop their protest. At the end of the peaceful protest witnessed by the police, the army and officers of the State Security Services (SSS), Mrs. Urama spoke to Daily Sun. •

The chairman of Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area Mr. Onuh, the traditional ruler of Aji, Igwe Itodo and the Commissioner for Poverty Alleviation Mr. Goddy Ogenyi who approves vigilante group’s formation also spoke to Daily Sun. Mrs Urama My name is Mrs Amaka Urama, the leader of Aji Women Forum (AMF).

We had gathered ourselves together to cry out to the government, the chairman of Igbo-Eze North LGA, the traditional ruler of Aji and all the community stakeholders that we are no longer comfortable with the escalating crime rate in Aji. Our sons are being killed in mysterious circumstances. The killings started after the previous vigilante was dissolved.

Since then, we have lost three of our children. Before the dissolution our town was peaceful and our Igwe, His Royal Highness Simeon Osisi Itodo even received an award as the most security conscious traditional ruler in the South-East. We don’t know what happened and control of the vigilante was maneuvered out of his hand by some evil-minded politicians who have vaulting ambition to rule.

Those who were killed have their vital parts removed. They are Festus Idoko, Ndubuisi A and Uche Nwaossai who was killed and his body stuffed into his father’s water tank. As mothers who carry these children nine months in our wombs, we are tired of passing through these avoidable gory and horrible experiences.

We want a stop to it. The way it can be stopped is easy and that is the dissolution of the vigilante which has been hijacked by a highly placed civil servant (name withheld) who is running the vigilante through his cronies as a personal enterprise to achieve his political ambition using the blood of our children.

Our Igwe is the chief security officer of the community and should be allowed to choose the chairman of the vigilante. When he was in control, there was no crime in Aji. We want the status quo restored. This is why we are protesting. Some people don’t want us to protest and used over 200 masquerades to harass and intimidate us. We are surprised that our councilor is behind this.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/day-of-rage-as-enugu-women-protest-mysterious-deaths-of-sons/
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by femliany(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2012
Naija we hail thee
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Chokolee(m): 10:03am On Aug 22, 2012
This is so sad...dissolution of the vigilante would not be the solution..the people involved in those acts would still continue...since there know the major sponsors, get them arrested..simple!, or the igwe is afraid of them?
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by brownlord: 10:14am On Aug 22, 2012
Very simple, members of the dissolve vigilantly group should be questioned, it's possible they want to make the community unpeaceful for the new once, thereby doing this for the people to think that when they where in position, such things would not be happening, also it is also possible that the new group could be responsible that could be the reason it was hijacked, either way, Igbo people and rituals self
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Series22(m): 10:34am On Aug 22, 2012
brownlord: Very simple, members of the dissolve vigilantly group should be questioned, it's possible they want to make the community unpeaceful for the new once, thereby doing this for the people to think that when they where in position, such things would not be happening, also it is also possible that the new group could be responsible that could be the reason it was hijacked, either way, Igbo people and rituals self
No comment.. because if i reply u, seun go hide my post
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by belemzy: 10:35am On Aug 22, 2012
Heart breaking indeed. Why on earth will some1 kill a fellow human and get him stuffed up in his fathers water tank? Mans inhumanity to man. My God help us all.
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Adonike(m): 10:41am On Aug 22, 2012
belemzy: Heart breaking indeed. Why on earth will some1 kill a fellow human and get him stuffed up in his fathers water tank? Mans inhumanity to man. My God help us all.
belemzy: Heart breaking indeed. Why on earth will some1 kill a fellow human and get him stuffed up in his fathers water tank? Mans inhumanity to man. My God help us all.
Na God tinz my brother..;(
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by omayyi: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2012
Enugu, the pride of the SE, is not livable for all:

Grannys are molested by youths, Youths are killed for rituals.

Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by ACM10: 10:54am On Aug 22, 2012
In this age and time, some people still believe that they can make money through ritual rites of murdering their fellow human beings. So pathetic embarassed

1 Like

Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by nelllove: 10:56am On Aug 22, 2012
Enugu is no longer a peaceful place, just this morning i received a news of a pharmacist killed close to my street yesterday around 8pm
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by gegee(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2012
igbo bashers never arrive ?
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Okijajuju1(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2012
gegee: igbo bashers never arrive ?

Hold up dey for road...

Wait small... Dey shall surely come..
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by MMM2(m): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2012
angry
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Inik(m): 11:18am On Aug 22, 2012
Igbo people and their love for blood money undecided
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by achi4u(m): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2012
dem don dy come one by one=Igbo haters
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by tunnytox(m): 11:33am On Aug 22, 2012
I wonder when Nigerians will stop these senseless killing, in this day and age some people still believe in rituals to make them rich!
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2012
In nigeria when women stage protest you know they are really angry! Take for example the Aba women riot in 1929. As I said earlier, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF WOMEN!
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by chakaz(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2012
Okija_juju:

Hold up dey for road...

lol grin
Okija_juju:

Hold up dey for road...

lol
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Chanchit: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2012
Indigbo kwenu..! Choi
kwenu....! Choi
kwezionueeee....! Chaaaaiii
Una for wait make december reach nau, this one wei una start early this year, na him be say old papa blood sef go flow, if una don finish all the young boys before december..
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by mmmustapha(m): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2012
Chineke mei, they were use for ritual
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2012
Since December 2012 ke... we are still in August 2012. Readers beware cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Pathetic
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by UkwuNnu(m): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
Inik: Igbo people and their love for blood money undecided

You are highly Nno.
NXT!
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by UkwuNnu(m): 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Chanchit: Indigbo kwenu..! Choi
kwenu....! Choi
kwezionueeee....! Chaaaaiii
Una for wait make december reach nau, this one wei una start early this year, na him be say old papa blood sef go flow, if una don finish all the young boys before december..

Number 2.

The list of NDI ARA keeps increasing.

Nxt!

1 Like

Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
ACM10: In this age and time, some people still believe that they can make money through ritual rites of murdering their fellow human beings. So pathetic embarassed

That is what they want you to think.. sale of body parts, kidneys, heart and liver is very profitable $$$$ this is the real deal not blood money or spiritual rituals.

Take note
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
Series22: No comment.. because if i reply u, seun go hide my post
You mean say Seun too na tribalist?

1 Like

Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Chanchit: 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ukwu_Nnu:

Number 2.

Nxt!
Bia ndi nkita, which rubbish list u dey compile...?
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Chanchit: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ukwu_Nnu:

Number 2.

Nxt!
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by ACM10: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

That is what they want you to think.. sale of body parts, kidneys, heart and liver is very profitable $$$$ this is the real deal not blood money or spiritual rituals.

Take note

This might be a plausible explanation. But I'm not aware of any organ transplant centre in Nigeria. Do they export those organs?
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Chanchit: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
ACM10:

This might be a plausible explanation. But I'm not aware of any organ transplant centre in Nigeria. Do they export those organs?
which kyn rubbish are u guys talking sef, trying to xempt rituals frm d killings, even if they sell the body organs, its still blood money, abi na only una need money, why won't anyother person frm other parts of the country do same...? Abeg make una go park tight, this is advance blood money..!
Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
Inik: Igbo people and their love for blood money undecided
On one of my travels to Ibadan, the lifeless body of a lady and a man wraped on red cloth was seen along Lagos-Ibadan express road. Is an Igbo responsible for that too?

1 Like

Re: Enugu-Women Protest Mysterious Deaths Of Sons by ACM10: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
Chanchit:
which kyn rubbish are u guys talking sef, trying to xempt rituals frm d killings, even if they sell the body organs, its still blood money, abi na only una need money, why won't anyother person frm other parts of the country do same...? Abeg make una go park tight, this is advance blood money..!

Mr. Man, you are incoherent, inarticulate. I can't figure out what u are driving at. In fact, you need a mood-stabilizing medications.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London / Buhari Not A Viable Option For President In 2019 – Arewa Christians / Youths Barricade NGF Secretariat, Demand Attention On Healthcare Facility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.