Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? (16522 Views)

The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World / Meet The World's Fastest Internet Millionaire (it Took Him Just 5 Months) / Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Jhonnyboy(m): 11:32am On Aug 23, 2012
true fact few months ago my average download speed was btw 200-250 KB/s but now its 300-350 KB/s with internet download manager, using mtn fastlink. An improvement i guess.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by slumcat(m): 11:32am On Aug 23, 2012
yeah, d fastest wen it comes to consuming MB.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by sambos994(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2012
What I don't get is if Nigeria has crappy internet as you guys claim.....how did you guys get on here?
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Reference(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2012
victichy: For which part of naija you dey yarn? for my area U struggle with 10kb.

Invest my man. Invest.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Jhonnyboy(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2012
true fact few months ago my average download speed was btw 200-250 KB/s but now its 300-350 KB/s with internet download manager, using mtn fastlink. An improvement i guess
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by slumcat(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2012
Cleanman: Nigerians never see anything good in themselves!.....this mentality is what is drawing us backward..NIGERIA HAS THE FASTEST SPEED AND I CAN ATTEST TO THAT..if u no like the report, go take a dive inside lagoon.
really?
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:36am On Aug 23, 2012
outofthebox: this is where i wana work..even with my ccna,ccnp and ccip, i havent even been called for an interview let alone passing.
what actually are you saying.be lucid so people easily can get a grip
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by brownlord: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2012
Please who ever post this misleading story should have his head exermine, may he means Nigeria has the highest user of Internet, that I would believe we the no.1 in Africa, if na speed, lol, that the joke of the century, I use glo on my iPad, I browse wit, visafone on my laptop, which I subscribe just yesterday, of truth visa has been good, but since last month, don't knw. I recently change from airtel to glo on my blackberry, so which r they talkin abt. My friend was using mtn on iPad recently change to glo, so which of the network? Or na STARTIMES or NITEL, have not tried those lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by chumchum1: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2012
This is the biggest lie ever told I worked and live in south africa and kenya the internet in naija is crap either in speed or rates
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by brownlord: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2012
Cleanman: Nigerians never see anything good in themselves!.....this mentality is what is drawing us backward..NIGERIA HAS THE FASTEST SPEED AND I CAN ATTEST TO THAT..if u no like the report, go take a dive inside lagoon.

PROOF PLEASE
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Cleanman(m): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2012
Donalð Genes:
ewuoooooo*Hands on my head* no wonder una dey compete for front page like food!! NL don turn to Refugee camp were ppl dey rush for food ni?
Donalð Genes:
ewuoooooo*Hands on my head* no wonder una dey compete for front page like food!! NL don turn to Refugee camp were ppl dey rush for food ni?
Donald i"m not desperate to get my topic to frontpage,/its just that this guy hijacked my topic....and i'm not angry abt it...///////////back to topic pls.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Reference(m): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2012
Donalð Genes:
abeq tell 'em jawe!! I wonder who came-up with this kind fact

I believe it because 'best' and 'average' performances do not reflect in the 'average user' connected to the 'average provider' using 'average hardware'. Its all relative. But on the whole I've noticed a marked improvement in 2012 alone.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Cleanman(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2012
brownlord:

PROOF PLEASE
brownlord:

PROOF PLEASE
are u DUMB or what...or are you just lazy to read through..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2012
slumcat:
really?
internet speed only works in the remote villages where you dont have much traffic,and where you have more industralised areas like in port harcourt,it's very very slow like esp' from 6pm to 11pm,network is very slow
i dont know about this new ''MTN fastest opera''but before you download it,one must have gone to their office to synchronise your sim card before it works.
Albeit,i think Airtel is surely the best fastest network in Africa
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2012
Reference:

I believe it because 'best' and 'average' performances do not reflect in the 'average user' connected to the 'average provider' using 'average hardware'. Its all relative. But on the whole I've noticed a marked improvement in 2012 alone.
weel said apparently,so from your own view,which network provider is the best in relative to what you said is your best?
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

Scratch GHANA and KENYA from that list please...

South Africa I can understand

Ghana has good internet speeds.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2012
Reference:

weel said apparently,so from your own view,which network provider is the best in relative to what you said is your best?
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2012
Cleanman: Donald i"m not desperate to get my topic to frontpage,/its just that this guy hijacked my topic....and i'm not angry abt it...///////////back to topic pls.
okay i gotchu now,i gues you first made the topic and probably some moderators have their own click i guess
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by AjanleKoko: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
I had a look at the report itself.
These are the real statistics:

30 © 2012 Akamai Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Figure 23: Average and Average Peak Connection Speed per Month by Mobile Provider
AFRICA
Egypt EG-1 592 3914
Morocco MA-1 996 9579
Nigeria NG-1 322 5674
South Africa ZA-1 496 2172

We have the lowest average and second-highest peak speed after Morocco.
Morocco must be the ish. No wonder their king is still running things wink
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by outofthebox: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donalð Genes:
what actually are you saying.be lucid so people easily can get a grip

said i have been wanting to work in a Service Provider but i havent been called for an interview/test yet even though i have CCNA,CCNP,CCIP certifications
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
Richfella:

Ghana has good internet speeds.

From which provider?!
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by sambos994(m): 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

From which provider?!
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by drnoel: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
excondido: nice to hear we are making gaint strides, much better than the negatives we are associated with lately.

gaint strides my foot. Did u not see how much billions telecomunication consumers spend in Nigeria last year. Was it more than half a trillion. Abeg, its our moneys worth. If we have to spend that much we should expect faster internet and better service.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by alexis(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
Are we talking about mobile speeds or fixed line speeds?
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Maxxme(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
Haha. Not every area o. Infact no
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Airtel Nigeria. Sp33d is An ATITUDE.

Your download speed is 17.028 Mbps

or 1.465 Mbps DSL/T1/Cable

Modem
17.028 Mbps
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Cleanman: ..@gidson,u totally hijacked my topic!.,i was the one that put this topic up yesterday..newayz nutin do u.
U no know say na so dem dey steal people topic for here come claim say na their own?cheesy This is common on NL, the MODs do that a lot.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by solgee(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Glory...
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Freiburger(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ topic,That could be true.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Abrantie: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ok, everyone go to speedtest.net and post your results here.

I am in Ghana and here is mine with Airtel (Zain) SIM:

Upload sucks.
Download 550 Kbps

ISP: Airtel/Zain (going through Vodafone).

Test Server Location: Accra
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by ernestleon(m): 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Nigerians(majority) are classic hence strive for the best,they dont smile at mediocrity thats what make them who they are.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Flow44: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
This news is true I can confirm that, its even all over the net. But aside from that, in just less than 2 months, I have downloaded data of more than 300gig at an alarming speed.

It doesnt mean that if you are living in an area of limited service, the whole country is like that. Some still have to go close to their window before they can make call but for me I have a very strong network at my place.

Stop critising too much thereby wasting precious time you would have used to do something good for yourself. We know we dont have the best of leaders but things are improving wether they like it or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hold On Before You Build That New Website! / Mentality Of Nigerians When You Ask Them To Visit Your Site / Having Problems With Graphcard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.