Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? (4230 Views)

7 Areas A Girl Who Truly Loves You Look At / Do You Feel Comfortable With Your Friend Dating Your Sibling? / Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
apocalypse:

They give signs to what lurks in their hearts , if you are observant enough a man's true character is clear even when he his broke ... but for the ladies ....
forget that thing jor...
Observance is my middle name...if na that one..cheesy
but on this issue,I have tried,tested and confirmed..
Some traits just never show up until money is around!
Except we aren't talking of the same cunning and crooked men all around...
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Gudintent: 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
slimyem: Men are usually saintly,humble,faithful,gentle and decent when broke/poor...
..but i have had reasons and still have reasons to believe that all those good attributes are mostly a function of their status...and the real them comes in action as soon as the status changes for better..cheesy
Argue for or against...

I disagree

Who you are has nothing to do with your status.

I have come across men of those attributes you listed when they we're down and out, and today they remain the same even though their status have changed for the better.

I would not go generalising men the way you have. For every bad one there is a good one somewhere.

Have a little faith wink
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
^take note of the use of the words 'mostly' and 'usually' in my post before accusing me of generalising.
I didn't do that!
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Gudintent: 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
slimyem: ^take note of the use of the words 'mostly' and 'usually' in my post before accusing me of generalising
I didn't do that!

Usually and mostly are in the majority

I was not accusing as you put it, just putting forward my thoughts.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by mrmofasa(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2012
This is definitely gonna be a long arguement. As an emotionally mature single person who things are going very well for, chances are that there'll be slight, unconscious changes in one's persons behaviour that'll make ur buddies know that things have improved for you.

Not sounding excessively chauvinstic, i think these 'slight, unconscious behavioural changes' may be an issue to the female gender/wife/girlfriend/fiancee who by the way, are usually more sensitive.

It is also worthy to note that the 'slight, unconscious behavioural changes' is totally dependent on the individual's background, history, experiences, interactions etc.

Hence it would be a fallacy to argue or oppose the original post.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Bab3: 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2012
S o so so soooooooooooooo CORRECT!
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
mrmofasa: This is definitely gonna be a long arguement. As an emotionally mature single person who things are going very well for, chances are that there'll be slight, unconscious changes in one's persons behaviour that'll make ur buddies know that things have improved for you.

Not sounding excessively chauvinstic, i think these 'slight, unconscious behavioural changes' may be an issue to the female gender/wife/girlfriend/fiancee who by the way, are usually more sensitive.

It is also worthy to note that the 'slight, unconscious behavioural changes' is totally dependent on the individual's background, history, experiences, interactions etc.

Hence it would be a fallacy to argue or oppose the original post.
^^someone clearly is sitting on the fence here...
Understandable point of view though...cheesy
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by iwemfoo: 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2012
This is true... .a poor guy will cherish you and appreciate you for being there even when he'a down but once his fortune changes most men will just forget or appreciate you less or even disregard u. but there must be a few good ones... i hope!
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by 9icetoo(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
Usually I don't paint a true picture of myself on public forums. This time around I will make an exception. Not all guys are like that. I am emotionally balanced and my financial status doesn't dictate my behaviour. In fact I prefer to buy all my gf has yearned for during my broke period when I have the dole, than to spend it on another lady. I listen to all her needs and wants and as soon as I can provide them, I surprise her. I am okay by all standards. Comfy I might add. So your theory doesn't apply to all guys. Only immature men change as a result of a change in their financial situation.

1 Like

Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2012
^^you are only speaking and can only speak for yourself in this case...
I never said/mentioned my theory applies to all guys...
...and a guy behavioural changes as result of better financial status has absolutely nothing to do with maturity or not!
The changes are mostly unconscious like mrmofasa opined.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by monex(m): 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
for me, there is nothing really wrong with slimyem's post except for limiting it to men.

like I always say, Money is an amplifier. those cravings you had when u were broke materialise when you become "financially comfortable".

people dont neccesarily change when they have money. they had those behaviors in them but could not actualise it due to lack of funds.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2012
i'd like to go with the guy who said that money doesn't really change people
if you are careful enough you would notice certain things that would let you know how a person would behave when certain things come their way

it takes careful observation and objectivity to decipher the hidden traits.
not everyone is skilled at that.
thats why we end up thinking that, they only change because they now have money.

character is like pregnancy you can only hide it for a limited period of time, and then only from those who don't know the signs very well.

but then again, the OP has a valid point too
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by mrmofasa(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
slimyem: ^^someone clearly is sitting on the fence here...
Understandable point of view though...cheesy
smiley smiley
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by avicky(f): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2012
slimyem: Men are usually saintly,humble,faithful,gentle and decent when broke/poor...
..but i have had reasons and still have reasons to believe that all those good attributes are mostly a function of their status...and the real them comes in action as soon as the status changes for better..cheesy
Argue for or against...

So true!
When they are hustling with nothing much, u'll see humility & patience in dem. They are so down to earth. But let them hammer, like maybe a chevron/shell job, or any juicy job/contract, then all ur sins will be uncovered frm d cooler. That is when they'll be pompous &U'll see ego on d rise.

@ OP..In short, u've said it all
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by avicky(f): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
bittyend: The topic is alright, but the generalization in your post isn't true. Some guys are rude and belligerent when they're broke, because they're angry at the world - and they hate everything. But once they become financially comfortable, they end up being loving, caring, and more rational.
And some men will behave in d opposite way. When dere is nothing much, they are good, caring, loving et al, but let them hit jackpot, they can hardly call/communicate, claiming they're busy, u'll den see egoism & pride on d increase.
Infact, dey'll change frm beauty to beast.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
omega25red: This is not restricted to men alone. women do the same thing. It basically boils down to a persons ego. Once people get money, their egos become over inflated. Someone who never had who suddenly gets money, will sometimes forget where they came from.
"some", my brother, not all. Yes, money can do and undo but it does affect people in different ways
P.S - stop generalising.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 31, 2012
Slimyemi, u hypothesis is false cheesy
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 12:15am On Aug 31, 2012
bennyraz: Slimyemi, u hypothesis is false cheesy
prove it with strong and debatable points!
Btw,why u digging up my threads?
You miss me that much?
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 31, 2012
slimyem: prove it with strong and debatable points!
Btw,why u digging up my threads?
You miss me that much?
there's really nothing to debate about cuz the world isn't static, it moves around around. Your Option A, might be my own Option D.. Destinies are different. Some women wait and standby their man when all is rough and at the end of the day, when all is good, they discard and attimes, some standby and when all is good, the man adores them. My point is, life is a two way traffic. Don't go about thinking what happened to your friend might actually happen to you provided you thread on that path with caution. And again, have it in mind that we were all created for some certain reasons. If you fail in a relationship today, it doesn't mean you'll fail tomorow provided you learn from your mistakes.

And btw, you can say that again, i miss u, idowu, mynd, 190, sexskillz aka killz, infact everyone.. Cindy, siji, onila, kandi, kai, i don 4get d rest grin
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by sitasie(f): 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
True!!
hav a friend who did everything to her man when his wallet was in ICU.
wanna know how th donkey kicked her in return after his wallet raised his height an inch wen sitting
he hooked up wth a workmate and everything he did for her, he did to th workmate.most nights were spent out wth th new catch in the name of seminars. he became rude to her.......................
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2012
Argue for or against...

True true!
So true!

i agree!

You don't really know the behaviour of a man until he is financially comfortable.

I agree!
But seriously if you can take the risk, a very big risk, to test him, you may know his behaviour early enough before he gets there grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

(picture) Body Languages And Their Meanings / My Girlfriend Wants To Abort My Baby / My My My Rich Sawggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.