Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? (4224 Views)

7 Areas A Girl Who Truly Loves You Look At / Do You Feel Comfortable With Your Friend Dating Your Sibling? / Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
Men are usually saintly,humble,faithful,gentle and decent when broke/poor...
..but i have had reasons and still have reasons to believe that all those good attributes are mostly a function of their status...and the real them comes in action as soon as the status changes for better..cheesy
Argue for or against...

2 Likes

Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
Slim that was rude what u said to me right there.

If a guy loves you for real or if ur character is pleasant to ignore he wont change a bit. Most of the time ''truth be told'', its girls that chase guys away with one thing or the other. Most of the time & thats it.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by bittyend(m): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
The topic is alright, but the generalization in your post isn't true. Some guys are rude and belligerent when they're broke, because they're angry at the world - and they hate everything. But once they become financially comfortable, they end up being loving, caring, and more rational.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
bittyend: The topic is alright, but the generalization in your post isn't true. Some guys are rude and belligerent when they're broke, because they're angry at the world - and they hate everything. But once they become financially comfortable, they end up being loving, caring, and more rational.
the use of the words 'usually' and 'mostly' in my post clearly elimates any form of generalization.
...and you just upturned my whole post btw..you didn't tell why you think it is the other way round..
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by pendo89(f): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ slim i beg to differ.
I have seen bitter,angry and revengeful men who attribute it to poverty/difficult life. They feel and act as if the whole world is responsible for their misery and lash out at anybody they meet.Very difficult to love and take pride in criticising.
There's the other group of successfull but very arrogant and proud men who assume the 'god status'and feel like they are doing the world a favour by their existence.

Lucky I would say is the lady who finds an emotionally stable man. The man who regardless of status maintains his cool,acts,talks and treats others right not because he is rich or poor but because he knows who he is.

3 Likes

Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
Well I would put it down to the urge to pay back for all the years of ladies being jackasses basically. Now you can stop and wink from inside your "Evil Spirit" and they would "hop" in, don't hate the player......hate the game grin grin grin
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by bittyend(m): 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: the use of the words 'usually' and 'mostly' in my post clearly elimates any form of generalization.
...and you just upturned my whole post btw..you didn't tell why you think it is the other way round..

Where are the stats to back up your assertion/hypothesis that the behaviour(s) is 'usually' and 'mostly', huh? People have different temperaments and adaptation traits. For example: I'm irrational, rude, uncouth etc. when I'm broke - and loving, caring, humble etc. when everything is going right for me. I know plenty of people who're also like that - and not everyone allows money/wealth to change them. And I can argue that some allow money/wealth to bring out the best in them.

PS: I love the topic.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by pendo89(f): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
now lemmie frame it this way; 'Is financial status a sure way of ascertaining a man's behaviour?'

Answer: Yes or No depending on the man's emotional maturty.

But again, what is the origin of one's behaviour? what shapes behaviour? who determines what is and what what is not good behaviour cz what s right in my view could be wrong in yours.
who is a well behaved man?

That aside,my conclusion is; One's behaviour can be attractive or repulsive depending on one's defination of a standard acceptable behaviour .

A man from a humble background may suddenly turn arrogant upon landing himself some good money. His moods,talk and acts fluctuate according to his bank status.
That kind is very unstable emotionally because money is controlling his life.
There's another kind from the same background who will never allow money to dictate their moods.You will never tell when they are broke because they are in control of their emotions.
They remain constant in all weather.

1 Like

Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Beync(f): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
you can never underestimate the power of money
check out when one is broke moral is low
the reverse is the case when your have enough.

though there are exceptions, some people are naturally good and well behaved whether financially confortable or not.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
A man's financial status affects his mood atimes. Some men become irritable when poor while others are humble when poor, the same when he is rich. Some men are full of themselves when rich while others are not. There is no pattern to it
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by ikekings(m): 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
Am a cool nd caring guy, whether broke or not, my personality still remains the same.... Although, its vice-versa for some guys.... So its not generally applicable to all men.... ##Shekina...
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by omega25red(m): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: Men are usually saintly,humble,faithful,gentle and decent when broke/poor...
..but i have had reasons and still have reasons to believe that all those good attributes are mostly a function of their status...and the real them comes in action as soon as the status changes for better..cheesy
Argue for or against...
This is not restricted to men alone. women do the same thing. It basically boils down to a persons ego. Once people get money, their egos become over inflated. Someone who never had who suddenly gets money, will sometimes forget where they came from.

1 Like

Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
pendo,i'm not stubbornly sticking to my opinion...and i do understand that there are people who no matter what never let their situations get the better of them..
That's why this topic is here...for your opinion!
Btw,i love this part of your post...
pendo89: Lucky I would say is the lady who finds an emotionally stable man. The man who regardless of status maintains his cool,acts,talks and treats others right not because he is rich or poor but because he knows who he is.

@bittyend...like i said..i have reasons to believe what i believe...
I have had boyfriends i stuck with through thick and thin and then get to see a whole new person as soon as the money starts rolling in..
...and then i have an in-law whom we all thought to be gentlemanly,decent,(the S.U kinda brother ) and almost a dunce before marrying my cuz..he didn't have a good job then and my cousin was desperate to marry.
Fast-forward,two years later when things have gotten better,the story changed altogether!
..now,those are just a few of my reasons..
There are others..but i respect ur angle all the same!
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: Men are usually saintly,humble,faithful,gentle and decent when broke/poor...
Argue for or against...

if anyone's financial status changes then chances are that person may also change as well.....whether male or female. unless someone has already been rich before, it is completely NORMAL for them to lose their goddam mind.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

if anyone's financial status changes then chances are that person may also change as well.....whether male or female. unless someone has already been rich before, it is completely NORMAL for them to lose their goddam mind.
you should understand that this topic is in relation to relationships...not generally..
The most a lady/woman can do if she becomes rich is let it get into her head and become arrogant and disrespectful to her partner which is mostly at her own disadvantage but a man's finances getting better is a catalyst to lots of things...especially an opportunity to flirt and date more women and less attention/regard for your girl.
...and btw..there are exceptions of course!!

1 Like

Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
^^^^ you DO know that only women should be blamed for that, right? and how can being arrogant and disobedient be a disadvantage to that particular lady?

also, not all men are hoping to become playaz, many are happy with ONE good woman.....but i certainly understand why a man that was "pretending" to be satisfied with his partner, would suddenly start dating anything in a skirt, the minute he became rich.

many people are dating out of convenience, many people are married out of desperation.....and therefore such behaviour would be normal and very understandable.

also, we all know how people "settle" in marriage (aka wifey was slim and sexy before marriage, and now she is a baby whale), so it is also understandable that any man married to this (now) baby whale would now have the means and the audacity to get himself an arm candy/trophy partner (if he suddenly became rich).

the important point IS: isnt it good that the wifey/gf finally discovers who her partner really is?!?!?!?!

women are no different to such act..... i doubt any would stick to their pot bellied husband if THEY suddenly became rich. i also doubt they will still be the quiet obedient person they were before their newlyfound riches......... so whatever the act is, after that person becomes rich it's irrelevant, as the result will be the same: BREAK UP!
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by pendo89(f): 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
lol @ baby whale.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by claremont(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
Man's behaviour ≠ Man's financial status. There is no evidence of such a relationship.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by luvkia(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
I think the widness in scope of the topic is making people to give it a different direction. It would hav been 'men's attitute towards relationship changes with improved financial condition'. This I can support because I can count upto ten men that I have seen with this attribute
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
luvkia: I think the widness in scope of the topic is making people to give it a different direction. It would hav been 'men's attitude towards relationship changes with improved financial condition'. This I can support because I can count upto ten men that I have seen with this attribute
maybe it should have been that..but then again..people who'll get it will get it..
Its use of english..cheesy
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
Let's assume that a certain Mrs. B has been married to a wealthy Mr. B for a decade or thereabout. Mrs. B might be tempted to think she knows everything there is to know about Mr. B, but for Mrs. B to truly know Mr. B, she must have observed Mr. B's behaviour(s)in a wide variety of situations over a period of time. What I'm saying au fond is: this men did not change, the so-called "alien" behaviour(s) was/were only dormant because there was no triggering stimulus. undecided
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
Argue for or against...

Very very correct...lol...and you know what slim? NOTHING SCARES A MAN LIKE POVERTY AND DEATH!
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
Not necessarily, We are what we are.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by ayobase(m): 12:06am On Aug 24, 2012
Slimy...wats it with guy matter these days!
Heartbroken?
I do mend!
Back to ur topic.....A man's behaviour when MEGA or GIGA comes his way can be deduced with the way he handled the KILO back then!
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by ayobase(m): 12:07am On Aug 24, 2012
richarts: Slim that was rude what u said to me right there.

If a guy loves you for real or if ur character is pleasant to ignore he wont change a bit. Most of the time ''truth be told'', its girls that chase guys away with one thing or the other. Most of the time & thats it.
ON POINT!
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Desloaaa(f): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2012
@Op not only the men,even most ladies would raise shoulders once they attain a higher level...its just the poor status that makes every1 humble!
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Let's assume that a certain Mrs. B has been married to a wealthy Mr. B for a decade or thereabout. Mrs. B might be tempted to think she knows everything there is to know about Mr. B, but for Mrs. B to truly know Mr. B, she must have observed Mr. B's behaviour(s)in a wide variety of situations over a period of time. What I'm saying au fond is: this men did not change, the so-called "alien" behaviour(s) was/were only dormant because there was no triggering stimulus. undecided
now,somebody gets my point...cheesy
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by johnwell(m): 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
Argue for or against...
My dear you are very correct.... never you trust the humility of a poor man.
But OP, women own dey worst passooooo
I feel you
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Oluwadare: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
@op well well... The fact that adversity breaks some and makes some to break record really say it all, albeit the influence of money cant just be underrate but GREAT PEOPLE know there is more to life than getting rich. Infact Money would never get the best out of REAL MEN/WOMEN never.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by elari(m): 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
very very myopic reasoning by the o.p.
Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by Eiregirl(f): 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
I believe that a womans loyalty is tested when her man has nothing and her mans loyalty is tested when he has everything.

2 Likes

Re: You Cannot Truly Ascertain A Man's Behaviour Until He's Financially Comfortable? by slimyem: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
elari: very very myopic reasoning by the o.p.
...and very very empty response by you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marrying A Virgin, Any Hugs And Kisses During Courtship? / (picture) Body Languages And Their Meanings / How Would A Lady Know When A Guy Geniuely Loves Her And Vice Versa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.