Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Igbinedion To Return? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbinedion To Return? (923 Views)

Omosede Igbinedion Empowers Women With Sewing Machines & Cash - Photos / Lucky Igbinedion To Oshiomhole: You Are The Biggest Thief In Benin City / Igbinedion To Face Corruption Charges Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbinedion To Return? by Obamedo: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2007
just read this article in the news saying that Igbinedion (Chief plunderer & Pillager extraordinaire of Edo State) is due to return

Is this because Nuru Ribadu has been removed?

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=99153
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Don1DeMaco: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2007
b4 nko? isnt it business as usual
i wan see who go come challenge am now
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2007
any person wey touch go go his own study leave for Somalia
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Don1DeMaco: 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2007
na only somalia? hahaha
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by vigasimple(m): 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2007
Read next reply please
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by vigasimple(m): 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2007
In a very funny way this is part of the failure of OBJ policies like leaders before him.

He OBJ has not been able to mentor some good people around to take over from him that his friendship with Yar A'dull family is the only criteria upon which he 'select' Umaru Yar' A'dull.

I have this nagging feeling that Yar A'dull is a very confused man to the point that all the thieves are now coming out.  You know that thieves usually come out at night, now these set of state robbers have the audacity to come out in the afternoon. Daylight robbery it is called.

With Governors and high profile politicians and the executhieves they know all the due process and rule of law loopholes and 'games' so anybody trying to catch them with those silly laws will waste eternity. Even the FBI and the CIA use extra judicial means to get the 'mafias'.

It is clear that it was the pressure put on Yar A'dull by IBORI and IGBINEDON are the primary reason for sending RIBADU to 'school'.  and I dare say that OKIRO has personal fear of TAFA BALOGUN type of fate might befall him in the hands of RIBADU.

To all executhieves welcome back to Nigeria and let the party begins and spend all hoared monies and party to eternity.

May all the people who are depriving Ordinary Nigerians of basic infrastructures fail to find peace.
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by vigasimple(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2007
One more thing that I did not include which is now apparent.

The connections and jigsaws.

AGF was IBORI counsel (lawyer) fighting RIBADU on behalf of IBORI before Yar A'dull appoint Aoodonaka as AGF. so it is clear from the begining serious and very clear signal that by this sole appointment alone including that of Baba Gana Kingibe that Yar A'dull is a joke because you cannot appoint an high profile defence counsel to alledge fraudsters and corrupt politicians, it send the wrong signal and in any event there is potential conflict of interests.

And RIBADU even though is a policeman have no regard for the likes of OKIRO since he Ribadu is an insider who knows how the police works and know that his new boss like the 2 before him are corrupt. Infact only an idiot we not know how corrupt is the police in general.

NOW cast your mind back to when Yar A'dull first came to power and appoint this AGF, the first thing the usuless AGF did was to start talking about rule of law and due process and that EFCC will now report to his office before they can make any prosecution when the ACT establishing EFCC did not stipulate that.

Let me make it clear to you that I am a lawyer and fighting an establishment like the corrupt cabal in Nigeria require unconvential means like RIBADU is doing so all that nonesense about due process and rule of Law only plays into the hands of those executhieves. They know every law in the criminal code and how to get evidence inadmissible and then render all prosecution useless.

Can anyone tell me in the History of Nigeria when any Governor or IGP before EFCC with RIBADU determination got any big boy conviction. Not once. look even the convicted criminals make confession. DARIYE for example and declare their illegal gotten wealth.

Is is coincidence that all the Governors are running away immediatelty they lost their immunity on May 29th 2007 and now they are now returning once they knew that RIBADU has been sent to some 'funny school' to go and learn how to be a corrupt cops like BALOGUN, EHINDERO and OKIRO

You can fool most people most of the time but you can't fool everybody all the time,
Mr President  Yar A'dull. He tried first to put EFCC under AGF under the guise of due process or rule of law that failed so he has to come up with bogey school.

EFCC is an establishment under the ACT of parliament and He Yar A'dull has the power as the president to fire him or recommed that to National Assembly but he knew that he has nothing bad to say about RIBADU other than trying to cover his own Yar A'dull's back by making sure IBORI and the rest have good night sleep  with their ill gotten wealth.

EFCC is an independent organisation the fact that RIBADU is a policemen is a mistake. infact he should have been made to resign or something like that and be the chairman of EFCC and on finishing his terms can either elect to continue with the police force or do something else.

The latest that I am hearing because of the public outcry is that RIBADU is only going temporary for one year that he will be back at his desk or Yar A'dull will ask NASS to reconfirm his tenure as this was not done by OBJ the last time in April. He RIBADU is fighting people in the NASS they want to reconfirm him, even an idiot knows the answer to that.

In my opinion this Yar A'dull is a friend to the usual suspects of the people who destroy Nigeria. The unfortunate thing is that people in diaspora are now seriously thinking whether we are back in our old ways. Which I humbly submitt that the hand writing are on the walls. one mistake, a mistake two a coincidence, three a pattern.

NIGERIAN POLICE HAS NEVER CONVICT ANY MAJOR CRIMINALS IN NIGERIA ESPECIALLY CORRUPT POLITICIANS. HAS ANYBODY FORGOTTEN THAT POLICE ARE THE ONES THAT SUPPLY SOME ARMMED ROBBERS WEAPONS. NIGERIANS THINK AND SMELL RAT.

We are not fools so mr. Yar a'dull and cronies you can't fool us.

I care less if all the previous office holders in Nigeria are prosecuted because majority of them are very corrupt and i dare say that includes OBJ, IBB etc The evidence is everywhere.

Where do they all get millions and billions from, let them tell us in plain terms their income and it's sources and their salary.

No one for a minute thinks RIBADU is bigger than EFCC but because the guy is not compromised they cannot pin anything against him. He is like AKNIYULI who get job done and use the super arm of the law.

Did OBJ use Prof. Dora Akinyuli of NAFDAC also to do justice in a selective way against his political enemy to fight drug people?  we know how they put her life at risk and attempt to kill her.

Allah he dey as they say.
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 30, 2007
well NLC priority right now na AFRICOM not anti-corruption
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by vigasimple(m): 11:37pm On Dec 30, 2007
Africom is going to Liberia so there is no shaking.

NLC better shine their eyes and start fighting corruption or they the NLC may not be in existence anymore when some dodgy goverment finish selling them to executhieves at a discount.

Corruption is the main thing why we do not have uniterrupted supply of electricity after 47 years of independence and all other infrastrutures are in state of decay.

EFCC is far more important at this stage of our nation history than some useless Aficom base that frankly cannot be sustained in Nigeria because of our diversity.
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Mamajama(m): 12:55am On Dec 31, 2007
@vigasimple please stop your rambling. how do you know EHINDERO and OKIRO are corrupt?

Can you provide concrete evidence that they stole from you or the police beside the useless allegations in the media?

Cases are won on facts and not allegations or assumptions. OKIROs hands are tight. he is only working on instructions., he was appointed by YAR ADULL and will be flushed out over night if he did not comply.
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 31, 2007
mamajama

Will Onovo take this nonsense from Yaradull?

Why is Okiro sending everybody in EFCC to school

Ribadu
Lamorde
Magu
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Mamajama(m): 1:56am On Dec 31, 2007
@mikeansy Absolutely yes ONOVO will have no choice but to comply. Not until the constitution of Nigeria is review and make the office of the Inspector General of police not answerable to the president.

The president appoints the IGP and for the past 40 years The IGPs have always been loyal to the president. What will happen to OKIRO if he blatantly told the president he wont sent RIBADU to Jos?

He will be flushed out overnight. Politics is a dirty game its either you are with them or against them.
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Don1DeMaco: 7:01am On Dec 31, 2007
so what happened to integrity
is he now a zombie who has to follow every instruction he is given blindly
are u trying to say everything Yar ADull says now all Okiro has to do is to comply
so much 4 holding the office of the IGP
so how will the police function if the president is corrupt and the no 1 says only yes sir to him
think about it
all uve said now is Okiro isnt credible enough to make his own unbiased judgement for the sake of him holding on to his position
and u call that a credible man who is devoid of blame
beats me

and are u now trying to say the office of the IGP is now a political post
was it set up to be a political post
need education on dat??
cos the president appoints u does not mean u should now say yes sir to all his needs whether they are right or wrong

president appoints the Justices in the supreme court so are they now meant to function as polical posts and pronounce bad judgements to avoid the wrath of the president

can i now conclude that the next EFCC chairman who will be appointed by the president and answerable to the president will also do like Okiro and say yes sir to all his demands? is that also meant to be a political post. meaning we can now confidently say the likes of Ibori, Orji Uzo Kalu, Fayose, Nnamani will soon be free men

cos now u are politicizing (permit my english) issues
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by otokx(m): 7:06am On Dec 31, 2007
Politics and credibility do not seem to go together.
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Don1DeMaco: 7:10am On Dec 31, 2007
no they dont
politics is about doing me a favour and me returning the favour
everywhere in the world, u have to compromise
but a good politician tries at least to better the lot of the people while still trying to satify the power brokers
it happens everywhere in the world even in the US
when u have that u cannot be a totally credible man
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by almondjoy(f): 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2008
And the saga continues.

http://saharareporters.com/arrestwarrant.php

Arrest Warrant document for Lucky Igbinedion (former governor of Edo State)

And the saga continues.  Ribadu's parting gift to Nigerians. cheesy

http://saharareporters.com/Court%20Charges%20Against%20Luck%20Igbinedion.htm
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Jan 09, 2008
When are we going to stop RECYCLING criminals for crying out Loud??
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by noetic(m): 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2008
Kobojunkie:

When are we going to stop RECYCLING criminals for crying out Loud??

the day we stand up to be counted.
Re: Igbinedion To Return? by Obamedo: 10:40am On Jan 12, 2008
So where is Igbinedion?

I can't believe he only stole $42 million, his Father would be ashamed of him.
These must just be 'specimen charges' of a larger sum which probabaly runs into billions

Imagine if he plea bargains and agrees to return the mentioned figure, he will be laughing all the way to the Bank.

His Solicitor should be remanded and charged with aiding and abetting a criminal. The fugitive is hiding somewhere and enjoying his loot

(1) (Reply)

Detain Me-uwazuruike Begs Police / Lagos To Pay 2500 Naira As Tax / Corruption And Poverty In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.