Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,146 members, 7,845,795 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Corruption And Poverty In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption And Poverty In Nigeria. (924 Views)

What Shall It Profit Buhari To Fight Corruption And Loose Nigeria? / Photos: See What Gov.Kashim Shettima Did To Control Hunger And Poverty in Borno / Extreme Poverty In Nigeria, Do Your Part To Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corruption And Poverty In Nigeria. by olachy: 9:04am On May 20, 2008
Nairalanders, what are we doing to stop this?
The present state of this great nation is apalling, there is no sector that is functioning as it should be.
What kind of officials do we have? why are we allowing this to go on.
youth of the land, this is our land now, what are we going to leave for our children?
People!!! don't let the present situation of this country dictate how we live.
We should lead and life should follow, not the other way round.
Nairalanders, what are we doing?
Re: Corruption And Poverty In Nigeria. by Frizy(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2008
olachy:

Nairalanders, what are we doing to stop this?
The present state of this great nation is apalling, there is no sector that is functioning as it should be.
What kind of officials do we have? why are we allowing this to go on.
youth of the land, this is our land now, what are we going to leave for our children?
People!!! don't let the present situation of this country dictate how we live.
We should lead and life should follow, not the other way round.
Nairalanders, what are we doing?

That's the problem with many Nigerians, there is poverty and most at the same time are corrupt. People tend to justify their corrupt practises by saying they are only seeking their rightly share of the "national cake". But is this right? A typical Nigerian politicians will promise heaven and earth that he will surely efffect a change. What you notice is when he becomes elected, there is a change of priority."Ah, I must help my aburos, and must acquire all I can because I wont get the chance again".

Believing that this solves his misery. However, when he is out of office, he is known by many people to be a thief! Am not a politician, but there could still be some who don't seek worldy gains for their appointment; but you notice that they are either not commended for their works or frustrated out of office. The last solution to many is to "join the league of thieves".

What I don't understand of Nigerians is that many of them are vast in the Ko'ran and bible and very religious on Fridays and Sundays. You see pastors preaching and warning their followers not to engage in corruption, you see Mus'lims(this time the hypocrites) sitting and waiting for the Friday sermons; only to leave as they came. No lesson learnt.

People are poor and the leaders are very wealthy. Why is these? I must say Nigerians, no one or hardly will you see someone who is ready to effect a change even if it may lead to death. Everyone among the poor feel comfortable in their misery, they can't let go to their government or institue a revolution. Even the rich Nigerians, most of them are corrupt. Why is it that they is no constant electricity, water supply, basic social infrastructure like gas pipe in every household? Because they(the government) don't set a priority to put them in place. All they know is looting!

What I don't understand is how greedy people could be, they steal all they can, even for their generations to come. Ha! Just consider the fact that since you can eat thrice daily, wear good clothes and recieve what is reasonable as salary- what more?! They never consider probably because they all want their names on forbes- which they can never achieve.

In conclusion, I don't know that Nigeria owes me personally speaking, my education no, even the busary I never got. The S.You.G is full of corrupt young men who speak "greatest this and that" all noise. If the youths are as bad as the elderly- your question concerning what we leave for the next generation maybe further chaos or confusion.

Except Nigerians have a new and truthful revolution within themselves. Stop cheating other Nigerians because you think they just got the country and wish to invest. Don't cheat the Oyinbo people too, love your work and Mr.employer don't exploit your workers because you think they are fools. The basic problem with Nigeria is not Nigeria but its people-the Nigerians; many are not sincere.
Mr.Politician- Why do you decieve people when your goal is to destory, yet you get all the honours and shame eventually. Let me say that all we do, there is a Watcher, seeing you closely only that you may be unaware!

(1) (Reply)

Every Nigerians Must Read This / The Audacity Of Uniform / Ngozi Iweala Denies Involvement In Borishade Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.