Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS (192840 Views)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / How To Link Your BVN To Your Gtbank Acct Via Any Atms Nationwide. / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by mikuz(m): 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2012
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) have rolled out another feature as mobile banking is becoming a norm in Nigeria. With this new feature, every GTBank account holders can now check their Account Balance using their mobile phone, even if it’s not connected to the internet.

With this function, you don’t need to access your Internet Banking account or visit any GTBank branch before you can view your bank account balance. All you have to do is type some line of code and send to a particular number and you will receive your account balance via SMS instantly.
How to Check Your GTB Account Balance Using Mobile Phone

Checking your GTB account balance is as simple as sending a normal text message on your mobile phone. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Compose a text message with this format:

Bal (space) NUBAN Number

2. Then send it to this number: 08100550000 and wait for the reply.

For Example, my NUBAN Number is 0035479764, I will type:

Bal 0035479764 and then send to 08100550000

After sending, your account balance will be sent to your phone almost immediately.

NOTE 1: NUBAN Number is the new account number given to you by your bank. It is 10 digits compare to the previous traditional account number.

NOTE 2: Your network provider may charge you for sending text messages. However, I’ve noticed that the charge is N5 across all networks.

NOTE 3: You can only use the phone number that is registered in your GTB account to send the message. If you send the message using another phone number, you won’t get your account balance. I believe this is a good step, as it stop others from checking other people’s bank account balance without their permission.

So when next you wanted to check your GTBank account balance, you do not need to go to the bank, or ATM machine. All you have to do is just sit where you are and send a simple text message. GTBank will then reply you with your account balance instantly.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-jN-CN_VXi1E/UDkgYqRsC2I/AAAAAAAAAUc/nyY_ODUACD8/s1600/type_sms_gtbank_naijaloaded.jpg[/img]

http://mycyberblogs.com/general-tips/how-to-check-your-gtbank-account-balance-via-sms/

11 Likes

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by arbitrage: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2012
I tried it but no response came back. is it not "bal nuban acct no"?
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2012
Which one be "nuban" acc no?? Is it the 10digit acc no dat CBN ordered all bank to issue??
Cos i tried it, its not going
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by oladuro(m): 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
mikuz: Now you can check your Bank
Account Balance on the Go! with
the New GTBank SMS Balance
Features.
HOW CAN I CHECK MY GTBANK
ACCOUNT BALANCE BY JUST
SENDING AN SMS?
Compose New Text Message, Then
Type bal follow by your Nuban
Account Number and Send to
It's Simple! Expect your Account
Balance immediately after Sending
it.
NOTE:- You can only check your
Balance with the New Nuban
Account Number, The Old Account
Number wont work.

http://mikuzchat.tk/forum2_theme_898063.xhtml?tema=1
thanks man for the post
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by nikkyshyne(f): 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2012
So who has actually tried it and it worked? Becox, I dey fear undecided

1 Like

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by balogunsam(m): 12:08am On Aug 26, 2012
saw this in gtbank in yaba but forgot about it...tried it now,it worked perfectly!

thanks OP
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2012
balogunsam: saw this in gtbank in yaba but forgot about it...tried it now,it worked perfectly!

thanks OP
balogun, how much was deducted for SMS?? I mean from ur phone. Is it d normal sms rate??
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by saydfact(m): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
NO NEED TO FEAR ANYTHING ABOUT GTB... IT WORKS..thanks for the post.... u most send from a register phone number with Gtbank.

1 Like

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
Oh yeah obviously it dint work cos d number i'm now using wasn't d one i registered with. But it works sha. Nice.
[s]but dere's nothing free bout it na, operator removed their normal charges [/s]tongue
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by arbitrage: 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
I used the line I registered with GT and it did not work unless the GTB registration u are referring to is the one that u instruct them to be alerting u whenever there is transaction on your account (i.e. 10 naira per sms). But if it is just normal phone number u have on record with GTB, that is the one i used and it did not work even when I had credit on that line. I hope it's not only GTB Yaba that is offering such service. GT connect may also explain anyway.
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by filanto(m): 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
This is the response i received
"MTN Phone number mismatch."
the number is one i used when opening my account
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by olawalebabs(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
I use it and it is very effective.
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by oloyedejamiu: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
Gtbank is the best bank ever.....
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
Interesting. I even sent it using an online SMS platform (with a Reply-to my number, i.e) and it worked.

I think it's charged the "Normal" text message rate across all networks.

Good One.
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by SamMilla1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
Diamond bank has been doing that since 2009

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by OmichaelO: 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sam Milla: Diamond bank haa been doing that since 2009
okay!!

1 Like

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by isuomo: 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
i tried it and worked perfectly
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by obicentlis: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2012
It worked but the balance I got bf wasn't what I got now. Difference of a 1k. Any ideal?
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by zion4sure: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
seems cool! just tried it. its actually working. cheers
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Ogosoga: 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2012
OP: God bless you for this information.

1 Like

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by JOYJACOB: 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
obicentlis: It worked but the balance I got bf wasn't what I got now. Difference of a 1k. Any ideal?
even me too, d day i tried it, i discovered a diff of 1k cos i had earlier gone to the bank dt morning. i felt scared n disappointed. deleted d number from ma fone dt same day. dnt rily kno wat hapnd
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Bunchersstab(m): 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
Where d money wey CBN say make all banks return
4 wrOngly debitin us?
Na that one b my wahala

1 Like

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by gide: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
this means that anyone that knws my account no. can check my balance
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Emmyk(m): 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
Thinks aloud. *so me that's not having anything in my account now the sms will say I Owe have Minus 1k*. Rotflmao.

1 Like

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Emmyk(m): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
gide: this means that anyone that knws my account no. can check my balance
did you register with everyone's phone number Geeez! ! when u wanna hide something from a black man, put it in a book, this is not a book oo.

1 Like

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Shuen: 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
It worked like magic,nice one.
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by Shagati(m): 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
I tried it with all my three phones and also a fourth phone number.
They ALL worked! I would have assumed it would only work with the number registered with the account?
Good you may say?

NO!

That means you can check ANYBODY's bank balance with any phone just by sending an SMS with the right NUBAN number shocked

Not so smart GTB angry
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by gees02(m): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
mikuz:

So when next you wanted to check your GTBank account balance, you do not need to go to the bank, or ATM machine.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-jN-CN_VXi1E/UDkgYqRsC2I/AAAAAAAAAUc/nyY_ODUACD8/s1600/type_sms_gtbank_naijaloaded.jpg[/img]

http://mycyberblogs.com/general-tips/how-to-check-your-gtbank-account-balance-via-sms/

GBAGAUN !!! undecided tongue
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by simplemach(m): 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2012
tank God i am wit Gtb
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by IYANGBALI: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
I don't want this one,I want the one I can stay in my room and withdraw money from my account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by soledayo(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
IYA NGBALI: I don't want this one,I want the one I can stay in my room and withdraw money from my account.
then use ur internet banking or u ask GTB to get u an ATM in ur room.
Re: Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS by iyaayi(f): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
gide: this means that anyone that knws my account no. can check my balance
Not unless they use ur phone on which u recv alert frm d bank.
The service works well and saves a lot of streSs!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Promotion Of Betting, FOREX, Binary Options & Cryptocurrencies Banned / Ghana Lottery 05/90 / How To Make LIQUID SOAP (used For Washing Dishes, Cars, Clothes, Windows Etc.)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.