Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,286 members, 7,850,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:51 PM

10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. (5162 Views)

Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) / Your Advice For Someone Visiting Lagos For The First Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by Echala: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2012
Let me add to this:

Trying to go grab their hand luggage from the overhead locker to carry on their lap when the plane hasn't fully landed.
Removing their seat belt and getting up from their seat immediately the plane lands, even though the seat belt sign is still on
Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by StellaBella(f): 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2012
Echala: Let me add to this:

Trying to go grab their hand luggage from the overhead locker to carry on their lap when the plane hasn't fully landed.
Removing their seat belt and getting up from their seat immediately the plane lands, even though the seat belt sign is still on
Hahahaha
I used to do that a lot.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by StellaBella(f): 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
They see that the toilet is OCCUPIED
Then they start knocking at the door
Even trying to open it.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by dojumav: 8:39am On Jul 29, 2013
Shit
Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by eduson33(m): 7:49am On Aug 25, 2013
this babe sef.. cheesy
Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by Husmern(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2013
Stella_Bella: 1. All him family go dey airport. Including neighbours
2. Im go wear agbada and cap to match
3. Ghana must go dey among im bags
4. Waiting area.. Im go dey sneak dey open im passport, dey admire im visa.
5. Dey touch im blokous area. Whether im $354 dollars still dey there.
6. Dey rush enter plane, as if the plane go leave am.
7. Sittdon for another person seat even wan head first class
8. Begin shout...'' blood of Jesus'' as the plane dey take off.
9. Dey call air hostess every five minutes for time wey remain to reach and im eye gum for window.
10.Begin clap and shout '' Thank you Jesus'' as plane land...
my people over to you..

gud tips...so mk i tak note of ths as ah go dy fly 4 d 1st time
Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by Husmern(m): 10:25am On Aug 25, 2013
Vicjustice:
Hilarious. But are you sharing from personal experience?
I agree with all except a few.
1) They don't use the "Ghana Must Go" bags, they would be too embarrassed to use such local luggage: only a commercial minded old-timer would use the Ghana-Must-Go bags to transport all the African commodities to be sold abroad.
2) They don't dress up in Agbada, they also feel too embarrassed to stand odd and be distinguished, so, they prefer to dress smart in extremely neat and perfectly ironed western clothes.
3) Most of them don't often go to the airport with all family plus neighbours, they are too cautious and suspect everyone of "witchcraft" and the capability to hinder their success, hence they go to the airport only with trusted family members.
Apart from these 3 arguable points, your observations are a spot on
gbosaa..
Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by Chinwem(f): 10:40am On Aug 25, 2013
Very funny thread!

Well, for me you can kinda pick them out when there's MILD turbulence and then they are terrified that the plane might be falling from the sky. You ll see it on their faces, they look mortified and confused. They won't eat or drink, grabbing the seat and confessing past sins. Understandably, if there's bad turbulence even me sef go fast and pray. grin

This doesn't apply to only first timers though......some frequent fliers could still poo in their pants from this tongue
Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by LIGHTLOVERSGRAM(f): 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2022
StellaBella:
1. All him family go dey airport. Including neighbours
2. Im go wear agbada and cap to match
3. Ghana must go dey among im bags
4. Waiting area.. Im go dey sneak dey open im passport, dey admire im visa.
5. Dey touch im blokous area. Whether im $354 dollars still dey there.
6. Dey rush enter plane, as if the plane go leave am.
7. Sittdon for another person seat even wan head first class
8. Begin shout...'' blood of Jesus'' as the plane dey take off.
9. Dey call air hostess every five minutes for time wey remain to reach and im eye gum for window.
10.Begin clap and shout '' Thank you Jesus'' as plane land...
my people over to you..

4 6 and 10 na me the first time i enter plane go Oman, all Glory be God now back to Nigeria.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. by BunmiBie: 11:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
Wahala for who never fly for inside plane before..

One day go be one day make I experience am.
I sure say I go Bleep-up no be small grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have 600k..which Country Can I Travel To And Start A Good Life.. / Getting To Ile-ife / Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.