Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate (14457 Views)

Probe Of Judges: Judges In Trouble Over Bank Accounts / Jonathan, Madueke, CSO Obuah In Trouble Over $6.9million ‘mobile Stage’ Scandal / Mu’azu In Fresh Trouble Over Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by airmark(m): 10:49am On Aug 26, 2012
Less than six months after the burial of the late Biafran warlord and leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, strong indications emerged yesterday that trouble is brewing in his family over the ownership and inheritance of the some of the properties he left behind.

Already, while some directors of the Ojukwu Transport Company (OTL) are now threatening showdown over the control of the company, insisting that the initial agent appointed by the late Ojukwu, one Emmanuel Omuojine, to manage the company’s properties in Lagos was appointed in error, another group said to be loyal to his widow, Ambassador Bianca, backs the agent and is comfortable with the way things are.

The transport company in a paid public notice published in THISDAY disowned the agent and appointed a new agent. It notified the general public as well as tenants occupying some of its properties in Lagos of the development.

It was also claimed that the rents collected from the property listed in the said notice, which amounted to about N200 million a year, were yet to be accounted for.

The notice, which was signed by one of the directors of the company, Dr. Ike Ojukwu, disclosed that OTL had appointed Mr. Massey Udegbe of Massey Udegbe & Co. as its lawful agent, insisting that “Omuojine is not an agent of the company and ought not to transact any business on behalf of the company.”

Ojukwu later told THISDAY that Omuojine’s appointment was not in order, noting that the issue of the unaccounted N200 million had been referred to the appropriate authorities for necessary action, and that by the time the chips are down, all those involved in transactions on behalf of the company would be called to question.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/trouble-brews-over-ojukwu-s-estate/123228/
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by solgee(m): 11:38am On Aug 26, 2012
Ok ooooo
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Harbb: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2012
E don start.
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by sheyguy: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2012
Is there no written will to take care of these wuru-wuru move on the late Ikemba's property?
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by kheart(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2012
Alright
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by yeye4live(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2012
Dis s wat hapen wen pple hope on dier parents mone,lazy pple why can't dey start n run dier own company dem self n leave d dead man 2rest in peace
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Demdem(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2012
It's unfortunate. It happens everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 26, 2012
It was crises galore on Abiola's properties when he died! true, it happens everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by comradeoscar(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2012
Dat is d disadvantage of too much wealth. I pray dat heads dot roll.
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Pennywise(m): 11:56am On Aug 26, 2012
Who is this Dr Ojukwu? Wasnt Bianca legally married to the Ikemba. Could it be there was some kind of joint ownership between the Ikemba and other interests including this Dr Ojukwu in which case he can only fight for his own stake. Otherwise no one has any right in hell to challenge Bianca who willingly gave up her youth to make the old man happy. If this Dr Ojukwu happened to be an older child from a previous marriage, in my opinion and unless the Ikemba stated otherwise, it is insufficient ground to trouble Bianca. I have always believed a father's only duty to his children is a good education not asset bequeathal.

Which is why I like Gani Fawehinmi's will. Before he died, he authored, signed and like the proper yoruba man that he was, sealed it with a spiritual curse on who ever will challenge it when he is gone.

3 Likes

Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Charlesnerd: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
I would be very surprised if Ojukwu did not leave a will,that would be a great mistake on his part.when alive,he must have envisaged his children would quarell over his estate due the circumst ances of their birth. Its not like he died a sudden death,so I expect him to have a properly documented will tucked away somewhere,anything short than this is disaster ,which we are already witnessing.

If there is no will,the elders should call the children to order so they don't dance in the market square and rubbish the Ojukwu family name and all it stands for.

3 Likes

Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Dotman01(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
sheyguy: Is there no written will to take care of these wuru-wuru move on the late Ikemba's property?
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Charlesnerd: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
I would be very surprised if Ojukwu did not leave a will behind,that would be a great mistake on his part.when alive,he must have envisaged his children would quarell over his estate due the circumst ances of their birth. Its not like he died a sudden death,so I expect him to have a properly documented will tucked away somewhere,anything short than this is disaster ,which we are already witnessing.

If there is no will,the elders should call the children to order so they don't dance in the market square and rubbish the Ojukwu family name and all it stands for.

1 Like

Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by skullbaba: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2012
if a man left behind a cap, his people will fight over it. Inheritment (please correct me if i am wrong) is a big ruse to me. The children of isreal fight over it, muslim do, christians do,princes and princess. To me what matter most is what you leave IN your children and not what you leave for them.big man is equal to big family and dat is big wahala. Even those with will still end up in court and the better talker or lawyer win. Now enmity will start among kins and will start all over igboland.( Eni to jogun ko dabi eni ogun gbe) .
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
Too bad. Hope they resolve the issue amicably. Didnt ojukwu write a will?
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Egwuibe(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2012
cry its so painful. Ojukwu must be wiping for this. HIS HARD EARNED LABOUR.
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by outofthebox: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
This happens to everybody irrespective of tribe..its so sad...
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by waja(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
yeye4live: Dis s wat hapen wen pple hope on dier parents mone,lazy pple why can't dey start n run dier own company dem self n leave d dead man 2rest in peace
. So that his business will close eh? U be real YEYE man.
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by franchizy(m): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2012
I'm not suprise about the troubles cos Ojokwu stole this properties from d Federal Govt. I don't expect to see this on d Front page. Wat we sow we must reap
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
Another reason to know that OJUKWU IS DEAD BUT HIS MANHOOD LIVES ON grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by waja(m): 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ojukwu inherited more than what he left behind, so it's not a crime to inherits your father's properties. Rather, it's a crime to be a polygamist without a will.

1 Like

Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by waja(m): 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
franchizy: I'm not suprise about the troubles cos Ojokwu stole this properties from d Federal Govt. I don't expect to see this on d Front page. Wat we sow we must reap
. Jealousy go kill U. No wonder Ur father left a chicken and a mango stem behind.
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
franchizy: I'm not suprise about the troubles cos Ojokwu stole this properties from d Federal Govt. I don't expect to see this on d Front page. Wat we sow we must reap
there's nothing man no go see for this koboland. Wch federal govt pls?
Re: Trouble Over Ojukwu's Estate by onyebaba(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2012
Wat hole did u crawl out 4rm u good 4 notin fellow.. Was Ojukwu in anyway a govt official? Abi u neva hed abt his father Sir Louis Ojukwu? Get ur facts rite b4 writin wat u dnt knw.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra / Special Adviser, Special Assistant And Senior Special Assistant. Difference? / President Buhari Meets With Security Chiefs On Kaduna Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.