Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI - Properties (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI (226788 Views)

PILLING:CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TRIPLET WITH BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI / Construction Process Of A Wing Duplex+flat At Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
segcymoor: Happy holidays!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
We commence the plastering work.
Expect nothing but the best finish work
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
segcymoor: We commence the plastering work.
Expect nothing but the best finish work

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
We proceed from the slab

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 11:48am On Jul 30, 2014
segcymoor: We proceed from the slab

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
Well done...
Good work from you![quote author=segcymoor][/quote]
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by iykmon: 5:59am On Jul 31, 2014
Segcymoor great job Sir.
Please I have a question that borders me. when building a one floor story building, what is the importance of putting hard core stones on the foundation before casting the german floor. I know it is important to do so when flooring the floor of a filling station.
Is it to save cost or their is a structural importance to it. Thanks.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by NaijaMarket: 6:36am On Jul 31, 2014
@ OP
You are doing a great job here.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 11:26am On Jul 31, 2014
iykmon: Segcymoor great job Sir.
Please I have a question that borders me. when building a one floor story building, what is the importance of putting hard core stones on the foundation before casting the german floor. I know it is important to do so when flooring the floor of a filling station.
Is it to save cost or their is a structural importance to it. Thanks.
it actually depends on nature of the land in question:it's advantage esp on dry land in mainland as against water log in lekki ajah axis. Here a well details reinforcement is mandatory
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Men at Work!

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:03am On Aug 01, 2014
Happy New month!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 12:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
Concrete fascia cutting to required sizes

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
Arrival of aluminium subframe

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Work update:Hanging of conctrete fascia

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
segcymoor: Work update:Hanging of conctrete fascia
Nice one. So you are an advocate of precast concrete fascia? Some builders do not subscribe to it.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by kopell: 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
Segcymoor. what are the advantage and disadvantage. cost effect of precast concrete fascial, like the once that was cast on buiding on site, like that of Spyder880 styles.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:46am On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=kopell]Segcymoor. what are the advantage and disadvantage. cost effect of precast concrete fascial, like the once that was cast on buiding on site, like that of Spyder880 styles.
[/quote
Left to me no disadvantage but rather many advantages. It's being reinforced and cast like the other one. Cost effective and more aesthetic.

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
fem30:
Nice one. So you are an advocate of precast concrete fascia? Some builders do not subscribe to it.
Has to do with individual's style and experience
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
precast facial is also not as heavy as cast in-situ, so it a good method of reducing weight, which is also very good for such a building segcymoor is doing.
segcymoor:
Has to do with individual's style and experience
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 1:34am On Aug 04, 2014
pmil: precast facial is also not as heavy as cast in-situ, so it a good method of reducing weight, .

As much as I love parapets; that is my number one concern with parapets.. weight on the house.

Hajji M.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 10:19am On Aug 04, 2014
Parapet might not really be an additional load on a house if it's a sandcrete/block wall....though it is also calculated along side
mufutau55:

As much as I love parapets; that is my number one concern with parapets.. weight on the house.

Hajji M.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
Fixing of subframe

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 11:35am On Aug 05, 2014
segcymoor: Work update:Hanging of conctrete fascia

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
The building stand!

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Jamesqu(m): 1:21am On Aug 06, 2014
Sliding windows for this beautiful edifice....Segun, borrow your client money for casement na....at least your colleague Dangote does the same thing
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 1:37am On Aug 06, 2014
Jamesqu: Sliding windows for this beautiful edifice....Segun, borrow your client money for casement na....at least your colleague Dangote does the same thing

I was thinking the same exact thing..

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2014
Jamesqu: Sliding windows for this beautiful edifice....Segun, borrow your client money for casement na....at least your colleague Dangote does the same thing
It is actually not sliding. We are considering standard tower casement windows .Not every one knew casement may be done with subframe but it's quite possible.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
segcymoor:
It is actually not sliding. We are considering standard tower casement windows .Not every one knew casement may be done with subframe but it's quite possible.

The casement will surely be elegant on that building... Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Preparing reinforcement for concrete fascia

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Onuokwu: 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
segcymoor: The building stand!

My question is, this place where you joined different segments of the precast concrete fascia, that has some gap, how do you hope to cover this so as to not make the gap obvious.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Onuokwu:
My question is, this place where you joined different segments of the precast concrete fascia, that has some gap, how do you hope to cover this so as to not make the gap obvious.

Concrete Cement mix to fill and smooth out.. I will think.

Hajji M.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 11:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
mufutau55:
Concrete Cement mix to fill and smooth out.. I will think.
Hajji M.
Haji! I must comment your perfomance in the "class"
You stand to get 4.9GP at end of the session......Actually answer the question but correctly!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101) (Reply)

Prices For These Paints / How Large Is 'A Plot' Of Land? / Best Architectural, Interior And Construction Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.