Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions (4879 Views)

I Am A Freemason, Feel Free To Ask Me Anything On Freemasonry / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist? Come With Your Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
Good evening

First I started this topic to answer the thousands of challenges atheists on this forum put up on a daily basics. For delafruita to choose christianity for 36 hours simply because he feels christians are reading the bible like a course note, then pour out answers based on what they read without any form of personal knowledge or independence, is a big challenge to christianity...therefore, I hereby challenge all atheists in the house to a debate session.

There would be no biblical quotations it would be just logical questions about what you think about christianity.

I would reply you without any biblical quotes as well.

Feel free to ask.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by mkmyers45(m): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
Are you sure you're up for this? 1. how do you reconcile the
concept of a loving god to eternal
punishment in hell. if this god is all- knowing that some people will end up eternally in hell, why did he allow them to be born to end up later in hell, if he is love? 2. how old is the earth?
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by Avicenna: 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
Does God exist?
If yes, why?
If no, why?

Remember, no quotations. Just sheer logic AND if you like science.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
mkmyers45: Are you sure you're up for this? 1. how do you reconcile the
concept of a loving god to eternal
punishment in hell.
Thanks for your question.

First I would use the world we live in to give you a favorable answer. Assuming you are a president and you love and cherish your people, would your love for them prevent you from punishing them when they fail to obey the laws you give them?

Would the punishment you give to them for the evils they commit portray you as a bad person?

How would you feel when people criticize you for sentencing a killer to death?

My God is a merciful God, and he has given us laws which we must obey. But that doesn't mean the he wouldn't punish you when you disobey him.

mkmyers45: if this god is all- knowing that some people will end up eternally in hell, why did he allow them to be born to end up later in hell, if he is love?
God's plan isn't to put anyone in hell...people end up in hell as a result of the atrocities they comit against God.

I want you to ponder on this question. How would you feel if someone kills your father, r a p e s your sister, doesn't ask God for forgiveness, but finds himself in heaven...how would you feel?

I'm sure you would start a rebel group in heaven calling for interested angels to join your little junta to overthrow God, because to you, his so called love would be like stupidity...cos you would definitely want justice for your loved ones.

You must note that as the world has a judiciary system by which all offenders are judged, God also has laid down rules and failure to adhere strictly to them would result in a stiff punishment.

mkmyers45: 2. how old is the earth?
Well, I can't possible give you a specific age...but I'm sure that the earth has seen many centuries.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by EvilBrain1(m): 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
I'm not satisfied with your answers to mkmyers45's questions. A president doesn't have the power to prevent his people from committing crimes, god does. He could easily have made a world where people wouldn't want or need to sin and he didn't. Also, saying the earth is many centuries old sounds like a cowardly dodge. Is it billions of years old like science says or 6000 years old like the Christian creationists say?

Let me expand mkmyers45's first question further: If god is omnipotent and omniscient, why did he put Adam and Eve within reach of the tree of knowledge knowing fully well that his boy Satan would convince them to eat from it. If he made man what he is, and he knew how the devil would end up from the beginning, and put the two of them in the garden with the tree, then sat back and watched man fall; is he not responsible for all the misery that has followed?
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by wiegraf: 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
Which God are you speaking about? The christian one?
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
Avicenna: Does God exist?
If yes, why?
If no, why?

Remember, no quotations. Just sheer logic AND if you like science.
God exists

Allow me to prove it with science

You must note that If a being exists, its explanation must also exist. And its existence is explained either by itself or by another.

Now for millions of people around the globe to including well learned proffessurs open websites, start seminars, open a tv channel just to support or oppose the fact that he (God) exists should be enough reason to tell you that he does exist. Because if he doesn't believe me people including you who made this post wouldn't bother themselves. People love to talk when this kind of issue comes up because they know deep down that something exists up there. They just want a proper conviction.

Also, take a look at the human brain...simultaneously processes an amazing amount of information. Your brain takes in all the colors and objects you see, the temperature around you, the pressure of your feet against the floor, the sounds around you, the dryness of your mouth, even the texture of your keyboard. Your brain holds and processes all your emotions, thoughts and memories. At the same time your brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of your body like your breathing pattern, eyelid movement, hunger and movement of the muscles in your hands.

The human brain is said to process more than a million messages a second. Have you ever asked yourself how possible that is without the help of a supernatural being.

Even scientists have tried over the years to produce a cloned human just to prove that humans are mere mortals, but guess what, they have failed and they would keep failing becaus they can never create what God took his precious time to create.

Secondly, the brain as you and I know fully well, functions differently than other organs. There is an intelligence to it, the ability to reason, to produce feelings, to dream and plan, to take action, and relate to other people.

Have you ever asked yourself what powers this wonderful device to keep running without any form of malfunction, because you cannot possibly make me believe that such a wondeful device appeared into the body of man.

You must also note that animals also have brains...but what differinciates theirs from ours is that ours was specially created to rule and dominate.

This should be enough evidence to prove that God exists.

God exists and that's why.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by Avicenna: 12:00am On Aug 29, 2012
CrazyMan:
God exists

You must note that If a being exists, its explanation must also exist. And its existence is explained either by itself or by another.

Now for millions of people around the globe to including well learned proffessurs open websites, start seminars, open a tv channel just to support or oppose the fact that he (God) exists should be enough reason to tell you that he does exist. Because if he doesn't believe me people including you who made this post wouldn't bother themselves. People love to talk when this kind of issue comes up because they know deep down that something exists up there. They just want a proper conviction.

Also, take a look at the human brain...simultaneously processes an amazing amount of information. Your brain takes in all the colors and objects you see, the temperature around you, the pressure of your feet against the floor, the sounds around you, the dryness of your mouth, even the texture of your keyboard. Your brain holds and processes all your emotions, thoughts and memories. At the same time your brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of your body like your breathing pattern, eyelid movement, hunger and movement of the muscles in your hands.

The human brain is said to process more than a million messages a second. Have you ever asked yourself how possible that is without the help of a supernatural being.

Even scientists have tried over the years to produce a cloned human just to prove that humans are mere mortals, but guess what, they have failed and they would keep failing becaus they can never create what God took his precious time to create.

Secondly, the brain as you and I know fully well, functions differently than other organs. There is an intelligence to it, the ability to reason, to produce feelings, to dream and plan, to take action, and relate to other people.

Have you ever asked yourself what powers this wonderful device to keep running without any form of malfunction, because you cannot possibly make me believe that such a wondeful device appeared into the body of man.

You must also note that animals also have brains...but what differinciates theirs from ours is that ours was specially created to rule and dominate.

1- A lot of people argue over God so therefore he must exist.
2-Our brain is complex so therefore it must have been created.

Actually that people argue over any Gods casts substantial doubt over his existence. If 2 billion people starts arguing over Zeus, it doesn't mean Zeus exist.

Our brain is indeed complex. But it is work of nature. Same way you won't say something beautiful in nature was created, you cannot say our organic brain was created.

Note- by nature creating, I mean the work of wind, rain weathering all those nature processes.

On a totally unrelated note, you should visit my school zoo. The lions may not have your intelligence but you surely cannot dominate it. You do not have the strength (so therefore, the lion was physically advantaged by God to dominate you!) False.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 12:34am On Aug 29, 2012
Evil Brain: I'm not satisfied with your answers to mkmyers45's questions. A president doesn't have the power to prevent his people from committing crimes, god does. He could easily have made a world where people wouldn't want or need to sin and he didn't.
I'm sure that by now you should know that God gave is children freedom of choice. I came across a thread (Actually a video) started by Mr Anony where an Islamic man tricked a jew into joining islam, an then treathened to kill him if he denounces his faith.

God isn't like that. He gave everyone the freedom of choice. Its up to you to make the right choice.

So if you end up making the wrong choice, then you would have yourself to blame because you would be punished.

Evil Brain: Also, saying the earth is many centuries old sounds like a cowardly dodge. Is it billions of years old like science says or 6000 years old like the Christian creationists say?
You should know that I answered that question casually, so it means that I myself don't actually know how old the earth is. So there's no need for any insult.

Evil Brain: Let me expand mkmyers45's first question further: If god is omnipotent and omniscient, why did he put Adam and Eve within reach of the tree of knowledge knowing fully well that his boy Satan would convince them to eat from it. If he made man what he is, and he knew how the devil would end up from the beginning, and put the two of them in the garden with the tree, then sat back and watched man fall; is he not responsible for all the misery that has followed?
I think I can answer that question.

I would liken the creation of man to that of the titanic ship built some years back. Those who built it believe that it was the best of all ships in the universe...they loved it and treated it like a baby but in as much as the ship seemed safe to everyone,
It had its weakness.

Now you can't possibly blame them for sailing the ship on a winter frozen ocean. It was up to the ship to use the potentials deposited into it by its makers to sail successfully through the frozen ocean, but it didn't and like I stated earlier, it simply had its weaknesses and that weakness became a reality when the ship ended up in the bottom of the ocean.

Now God created man in his own image and likeness. God knew that man would always do what he asked because he was God. God therefore had to be sure that man doesn't just answer him yes sir simply because he is God.

He had to put man to the test just like he did to job in the bible.

The devil on the other hand is a being which God uses to tests the loyalty of his people. Job's case is a typical example of such.

So everything that happened to Adam happened as a result of his unbelieve and disobedience it had nothing to with God. He disobeyed God's command and paid for it.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 12:37am On Aug 29, 2012
wiegraf: Which God are you speaking about? The christian one?
Yea the christian God.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by Delafruita(m): 12:49am On Aug 29, 2012
still have about 28hours to go in my sojourn to "christendom".so i'd not comment on the glaring loopholes in all your responses
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 12:59am On Aug 29, 2012
Delafruita: still have about 28hours to go in my sojourn to "christendom".so i'd not comment on the glaring loopholes in all your responses
Really?

Well 28 hours isn't that long...I would be waiting here for you.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 1:05am On Aug 29, 2012
Avicenna:
On a totally unrelated note, you should visit my school zoo. The lions may not have your intelligence but you surely cannot dominate it. You do not have the strength (so therefore, the lion was physically advantaged by God to dominate you!) False.
You just exposed your ignorance here.

If humans don't dominate lions, then how come its in a zoo or cage controled by humans?
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by wiegraf: 2:45am On Aug 29, 2012
CrazyMan:
God exists

You're abusing the word 'science'

Lots of people talk about santa, that doesn't make him real. In fact, so much talk without anyone ever meeting him could imply a hoax, like the yeti or tupac
Lots of things in nature are complex, even things you take for granted like the weather. I'm no biologist but I can see the other great apes becoming self-aware if we actually tried to breed them for such, no need to mess with dna etc (except perhaps to give them language tools). And if nature is not capable of coming up with something as complex as our brains, how did god come about? He/she/it was just there all complex from the beginning?

The problem of evil, address it if you will good sir crazyman.

random:
I give you mandelbrot sets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbrot_set
Simple to complex. I'm no mathematician though

Edit: or better yet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 3:45am On Aug 29, 2012
wiegraf:
The problem of evil, address it if you will good sir crazyman.
Now I would start with the biblical definition of evil and what God considers as evil.

[b]According to the Bible evil became a reality in the very beginning with the first couple (Adam and Eve as you and I know). Sin produces evil. Gen 2:9 The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

God instructed Adam to eat of the tree of life and nearby it was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that he was to avoid eating from or would receive death. Gen 3:5”For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

We find when Eve and Adam ate from the tree and God said they had become as one of us – “knowing good and evil. God would have eventually instructed them on evil but now they learned of it by experience, something God did not intend.

Later we see God comment on the spread of sin which resulted in wickedness in action and evil in thought. Gen 6:5 “Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”

God had to judge the earth because of this pandemic of evil from sin. After the flood immediately offers up a sacrifice which is pleasing to the Lord “And the LORD smelled a soothing aroma. Then the LORD said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done” (Gen. 8:21)[/b]

Now from this passage, we can simply say that God sees disobedience as an act of evil before his sight. You and I are in the state we find ourselves because Adam disobeyed God.

Now to the scientific definition of evil.

Evil according to my dictionary can be defined as the following.

Having qualities tending to injury and mischief; having a nature or properties which tend to badness; mischievous; not good; worthless or deleterious; poor; as, an evil beast; and evil plant; an evil crop.
Having or exhibiting bad moral qualities; morally corrupt; wicked; wrong; vicious; as, evil conduct, thoughts, heart, words, and the like.

So putting the bible and the dictionary together we can simply conclude that evil is a bad omen that does nobody any good. And also evil doers would never go unpunished.

I hope I answered your question.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by wiegraf: 3:50am On Aug 29, 2012
^^^^
You said no quotes, lol.
I never read quotes, but I'll give it a spin...
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by wiegraf: 3:54am On Aug 29, 2012
"Now from this passage, we can simply say that God sees disobedience as an act of evil before his sight. You and I are in the state we find ourselves because Adam disobeyed God."

Ok, I couldn't really digest that so I hope I'm not taking this out of context. If the above is true, do you consider that just? If yes, can you tell me why?
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 4:29am On Aug 29, 2012
wiegraf: ^^^^
You said no quotes, lol.
I never read quotes, but I'll give it a spin...

You asked me to explain evil... Not God's existence so I believe that a few chapters of the bible should help answer your question.

wiegraf: Ok, I couldn't really digest that so I hope I'm not taking this out of context. If the above is true, do you consider that just? If yes, can you tell me why?
I would give you another similar incident in the bible before I explain further.

[b]1 Samuel 15 from verse  Then the word of the LORD came to Samuel: 11 "I regret that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions." Samuel was angry, and he cried out to the LORD all that night.

12 Early in the morning Samuel got up and went to meet Saul, but he was told, "Saul has gone to Carmel. There he has set up a monument in his own honor and has turned and gone on down to Gilgal."

13 When Samuel reached him, Saul said, "The LORD bless you! I have carried out the LORD's instructions."

14 But Samuel said, "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears? What is this lowing of cattle that I hear?"

15 Saul answered, "The soldiers brought them from the Amalekites; they spared the best of the sheep and cattle to sacrifice to the LORD your God, but we totally destroyed the rest."

16 "Enough!" Samuel said to Saul. "Let me tell you what the LORD said to me last night."
"Tell me," Saul replied.

17 Samuel said, "Although you were once small in your own eyes, did you not become the head of the tribes of Israel? The LORD anointed you king over Israel. 18 And he sent you on a mission, saying, 'Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; wage war against them until you have wiped them out.' 19 Why did you not obey the LORD? Why did you pounce on the plunder and do evil in the eyes of the LORD?"

20 "But I did obey the LORD," Saul said. "I went on the mission the LORD assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king. 21 The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the LORD your God at Gilgal."

22 But Samuel replied:
"Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the LORD?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination,
and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the LORD,
he has rejected you as king." [/b] NIV

God hates disobedience...most Christians miss blessing packaged for them by God because of disobedience.

Also most people have met their untimely death because of disobedience.

Disobedience if you must know is a direct challenge to God and he would definitely deal with whoever disobey him.

Adam fall was as a result of the evil he committed in the garden of eden. And that evil was disobedience.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by wiegraf: 4:47am On Aug 29, 2012
Actually what I wanted was a resolution to the problem of evil, more or else.
In case you don't know what I'm on about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Basically, if you claim god is benevolent, kind, omnipotent, and also all knowing, then why is there evil/suffering in this world. Omnipotent means he could have built one without thousands of kids dying tonight from hunger. Even if you invoke freewill, omnipotent would mean he could give us freewill and still give us nice things, like children who don't starve to death, or prevent genocide.

Let's not even delve yet into how omnipotent or omniscient is not possible yet. The above though, if you could supply an answer (preferably without quotes, that condition was one of the reasons I bothered posting, but as we've already begun I'll just have to overlook it I guess. But also it's a waste of your time really, as it doesn't add much to the debate and I wouldn't want you doing something needless on account of me), that would suffice. Thanks
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 5:41am On Aug 29, 2012
wiegraf: Basically, if you claim god is benevolent, kind, omnipotent, and also all knowing, then why is there evil/suffering in this world. Omnipotent means he could have built one without thousands of kids dying tonight from hunger. Even if you invoke free will, omnipotent would mean he could give us free will and still give us nice things, like children who don't starve to death, or prevent genocide.
Actually I didn't quite get your question that's why I answered it with biblical quotes. Now I think I quite get you.

People suffer as. Result of disobedience just like I stated earlier.

I know that most people find it very difficult to believe that God who said he loves his creations can actually allow them fight and kill each other without him doing anything.

You must note that the earth is dominated mainly by the forces of darkness...evil dwells on the earth and you and I are fully aware of that.

Now to you question. Its not God's wish that his children should suffer. People suffer as a result of the path they choose.

In as much as there still some iota of good in this world, people prefer the dark side. Take Nigeria for example, we are one of the most religious countries in the world, but ironically, we are country with one of the highest crime rate.

God like I stated earlier created man to obey him. He kept us here on earth with satan to test our loyalty towards him.

He knew there is evil that's why he kept us here. And he has given us the necessary weapons we need to overcome evil.

Its now left for you to either succeed or to fail.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by wiegraf: 5:59am On Aug 29, 2012
CrazyMan:
Actually I didn't quite get your question that's why I answered it with biblical quotes. Now I think I quite get you.

People suffer as. Result of disobedience just like I stated earlier.

I know that most people find it very difficult to believe that God who said he loves his creations can actually allow them fight and kill each other without him doing anything.

You must note that the earth is dominated mainly by the forces of darkness...evil dwells on the earth and you and I are fully aware of that.

Now to you question. Its not God's wish that his children should suffer. People suffer as a result of the path they choose.

In as much as there still some iota of good in this world, people prefer the dark side. Take Nigeria for example, we are one of the most religious countries in the world, but ironically, we are country with one of the highest crime rate.

God like I stated earlier created man to obey him. He kept us here on earth with satan to test our loyalty towards him.

He knew there is evil that's why he kept us here. And he has given us the necessary weapons we need to overcome evil.

Its now left for you to either succeed or to fail.

I've already addressed most of these points though

"Its not God's wish that his children should suffer"

If he were omnipotent, and it weren't his wish that his children suffer, than why does he let it happen. I cannot see how this can be reconciled with omniscience and being omnibenovelence. If he were really kind he could have given us the ability to make our choices (freewill) and still provide a world where thousands don't die daily because they can't afford to eat.

He also created Satan, why? Was that really neccesarry?

Ahh, I am out of time, I'll add a bit more soon, I'm not done yet.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 6:08am On Aug 29, 2012
wiegraf:
He also created Satan, why? Was that really necessary?
Satan like I explained earlier is a being that God uses to test the loyalty of his people.

If you take your time to read my previous posts, you would notice that I've answered your remaining questions.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by Avicenna: 7:37am On Aug 29, 2012
CrazyMan:
You just exposed your ignorance here.

If humans don't dominate lions, then how come its in a zoo or cage controled by humans?

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggghhhhh.

Polish your sarcasm detector.

I said ON A TOTALLY UNRELATED NOTE. I even added 'false' at the end!

Now, please can you reply to the TOTALLY RELATED words I wrote before the unrelated one.

Thanks.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by wiegraf: 7:39am On Aug 29, 2012
CrazyMan:
Satan like I explained earlier is a being that God uses to test the loyalty of his people.

If you take your time to read my previous posts, you would notice that I've answered your remaining questions.

Ok, so why does he need to test people's faith?

You acknowledge he does not like certain things like disobedience, if he were omnipotent why doesn't he just make the things that annoy him disappear.

Accommodating freewill is not an excuse. If I, or just about any other human, were writing a program which featured some sort sentient ai's that could feel pain/emotions and then made said world rather treacherous I'd be classified as sadistic and evil. What's worse would be if I actually wrote in how the program would end, giving them no option of changing their actions, then decided to put them in my 'hell' program forever, suffering for my incompetence or pleasure. Again, they can feel pain, emotion and were all following the instructions I coded into them. Civilized people don't treat dogs that way, let alone other people.

This said do you think that an omnibenovelant, omnipotent god exists?
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by mkmyers45(m): 9:43am On Aug 29, 2012
Thanks for your question.

First I would use the world we live in to give you a favorable answer. Assuming you are a president and you love and cherish your people, would your love for them prevent you from punishing them when they fail to obey the laws you give them?

Would the punishment you give to them for the evils they commit portray you as a bad person?

How would you feel when people criticize you for sentencing a killer to death?

My God is a merciful God, and he has given us laws which we must obey. But that doesn't mean the he wouldn't punish you when you disobey him.

God's plan isn't to put anyone in hell...people end up in hell as a result of the atrocities they comit against God.

I want you to ponder on this question. How would you feel if someone kills your father, r a p e s your sister, doesn't ask God for forgiveness, but finds himself in heaven...how would you feel?

I'm sure you would start a rebel group in heaven calling for interested angels to join your little junta to overthrow God, because to you, his so called love would be like stupidity...cos you would definitely want justice for your loved ones.

You must note that as the world has a judiciary system by which all offenders are judged, God also has laid down rules and failure to adhere strictly to them would result in a stiff punishment.

You haven't answered my question: Why will an ALL-KNOWING GOD create people he clearly has ordained to go to hell,some even go to hell because he refuses to forgive them why?

Well, I can't possible give you a specific age...but I'm sure that the earth has seen many centuries.

You have clearly shown very poor knowledge of the bible...according to the bible the world is 6,000...even Olaadegbu claims that the holy spirit confirmed that to him and that the world was created in 6 earth days but me and you know that is a lie so How old is the earth?
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by mkmyers45(m): 9:47am On Aug 29, 2012
CrazyMan:
God exists

Are you insinuating intelligent design? Do you know that a super-computer is smarter and faster than human brains? was it designed by a supernatural being? Many people argue over the existence of santa; even gifts are dropped on trees every year to prove him but does that make him real?
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 11:26am On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Are you insinuating intelligent design? Do you know that a super-computer is smarter and faster than human brains? was it designed by a supernatural being
But that same super computer which you claim is smarter and faster than the human brain was created by a human.

And mind you, it does not have feelings, does not have emotions, cannot think, cannot cry, and cannot exhibit half of the qualities of the human brain.

So can you now possibly tell me that it is smarter than the human brain...?

mkmyers45:
Many people argue over the existence of santa; even gifts are dropped on trees every year to prove him but does that make him real?
My thread was started on the existence of God and not santa. So I don't really have to answer that question.

Thanks.
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by mkmyers45(m): 11:38am On Aug 29, 2012
CrazyMan:
But that same super computer which you claim is smarter and faster than the human brain was created by a human.

And mind you, it does not have feelings, does not have emotions, cannot think, cannot cry, and cannot exhibit half of the qualities of the human brain.

My thread was started on the existence of God and not santa. So I don't really have to answer that question.

Thanks.

Computers can think on their own and make decision without external effects...Outpour of emotion dosent mean something is smart instead emotion is a weakness of humans....it makes humans do irrational things...

You seemed to avoid my question on the age of the earth hmmm

Q3. Who created evil?
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by wiegraf: 11:43am On Aug 29, 2012
Me too! Me too! Answer mine oga
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:
Computers can think on their own and make decision without external effects...Outpour of emotion dosent mean something is smart instead emotion is a weakness of humans....it makes humans do irrational things...
And can you explain to me how they can think and make decisions on their own without a human being present to control it. For the fact that a human is present and controlling it to think and act shows that the human brain is much smarter than it.

Its a simple fact...I need not elaborate on this issue any further.

mkmyers45:
You seemed to avoid my question on the age of the earth hmmm
Well like I said earlier, I cannot give you a specific age of the earth. The bible its self didn't give a specific age of the earth. It (the bible) told us that many years were lost and those lost years were not recorded in the bible.

So I gave up my quest of finding the earth actual age and concentrated more on my salvation.

Therefore I would suggest that you do the same.

mkmyers45:
Q3. Who created evil?
Let me share a little story with you.

[b]A university professor challenged his students with this question. “Did God create everything that exists?” A student bravely replied, “Yes, he did!” “God created everything?” The professor asked. “Yes sir”, the student replied. The professor answered, “If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are, then God is evil”.

The student became quiet before such an answer. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, “Can I ask you a question professor?” “Of course”, replied the professor. The student stood up and asked, “Professor, does cold exist?” “What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?” The students snickered at the young man’s question. The young man replied, “In fact sir, cold does not exist.

According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-4600 F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat.

“The student continued, “Professor, does darkness exist?” The professor responded, “Of course it does.” The student replied, “Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton’s prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wave lengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present.

Isn’t this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present.” Finally the young man asked the professor, “Sir, does evil exist?” Now uncertain, the professor responded, “Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man’s inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world.

These manifestations are nothing else but evil.” To this the student replied, “Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God’s love present in his heart. It’s like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light.”[/b]
So I guess I've answered your question.

wiegraf: Me too! Me too! Answer mine oga
But I thought I was through with you. undecided
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by Delafruita(m): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
CrazyMan:

Thanks.
you're "falling hand".thought you said you wouldnt quote the bible.the thread was not started to explain the existence of god.its says "atheists,feel free to ask your questions".a question about santa shouldnt be too difficult to answer unless you have no sensible response
Re: Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions by CrazyMan(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2012
Delafruita:
".a question about santa shouldnt be too difficult to answer unless you have no sensible response
Fine I have no sensible response about santa.

I didn't study his origin so it would be foolish if I decide to explain his origin. I would end up embarrassing myself. So bear with me on the santa issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“3 Compelling Reasons Christians Should Be Punctual” / Awesome VIDEO CLIPS: Pastor Chris' Communion Service @National Stadium Zimbabwe / Live Service From Winners Chapel In Gotv And Dstv. Check This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.