Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers (5330 Views)

The Rise Of Christianity. The Misunderstanding Of Emperor Constantine / The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
Bélla3: Even though i agree with you, and even think children shouldnt be baptised until they are 12 so they knw what they're initiated to. Am just amazed on why an athiest is bothered on who a grown adult shud listen to.

Keep defending foolishness!

What is an adult going to learn from an 11 year old about sex, marriage, business etc? Allowing such foolishness to go without criticism is sign of a wicked heart.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
ijawkid: How old was Josiah when he became king??

I'm not in support of this boy laying hands on people or assuming d role of an overseer...that'll be very wrong...

But this lil boy sure can preach about God from house to house or to persons with some bible knowledge......

Sure he can!!!!!

But what I'm seeing on that pix is wrong......the child is suppose to be with his parents learning more bible stories...:-)

Ode, big fool, agbaya!

What is a lil boy going to teach adults about sex or marriage or slavery in the bible?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Keep defending foolishness!

What is an adult going to learn from an 11 year old about sex, marriage, business etc? Allowing such foolishness to go without criticism is sign of a wicked heart.
bt does it concern you? AS an athiest i believe u agree evry1 shud think for themselves.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
Bélla3: bt does it concern you? AS an athiest i believe u agree evry1 shud think for themselves.

Yes and people think better with better information or evidence.

That is what this forum is for. We debate and people decide.

I am not going to the front of their church to shout my views.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Avicenna: 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
Bélla3: in the opinion of many religionists atheists are irresponsible, does that make it true to you?

Again, this is not about atheism.

In my opinion and anybody that actually know what he or she is doing, that is completely irresponsible.

Don't try to insert unrelated situations in to it.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
^@ macdaddy and avicenna
Just when i was begining to think atheists are unbaised in their judgement.
Tsk trk tsk.
Indeed we would do anything to protect our 'beliefs'. And nt believing in god doesnt stop him from being a bigot.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
Bélla3: ^@ macdaddy and avicenna
Tsk trk tsk.
Indeed we would do anything to protect our 'beliefs'. And nt believing in god doesnt stop him from being a bigot.

Name one bigoted thing in this thread that I have said.

Everyone can see that you are wicked.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Avicenna: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
Bélla3: ^@ macdaddy and avicenna
Tsk trk tsk.
WTF
Are you trolling me?

If I wasn't an atheist, what do you think I would have said?

Where's the bigotry? Do you know what bigotry means?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
Who says believing in non existance of god expels bigotry
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Name one bigoted thing in this thread that I have said.

Everyone can see that you are wicked.
Because....?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Avicenna: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
Bélla3: Who says believing in non existance of god expels bigotry

I see now.
You are trolling.
Nice try. I fell for it.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
Avicenna:

I see now.
You are trolling.
Nice try. I fell for it.
EPIC FALL.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 11:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
Bélla3: EPIC FALL.

Epic fail.

Be gone, troll
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Epic fail.

Be gone, troll
duh!
What then shall we say?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by LordReed(m): 12:40am On Aug 30, 2012
Luke2:
40 And[b] the child[/b] grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him. 41 Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. 42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast. 43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it. 44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance. 45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him. 46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. 47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers. 48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Jesus at age 12.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by ijawkid(m): 1:04am On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Ode, big fool, agbaya!

What is a lil boy going to teach adults about sex or marriage or slavery in the bible?

it seems u never read my comment well...

Why wuld a child take adults on bible courses related to sex,marraige etc.....that'll be absurd....

D child can discuss bible stories and some other important points to his contemporaries or some few adults......

I'm sure u never read my comment well....

I asked how old was josiah.....??

Young ones can indeed give a witness....
Young ones who were taught truths from d bible from infancy .can .prÉach,but
DefÍnitly not. Assuming over sight roles like what I'm seeing on d pix the op put up...

what I don't agree with is a child laying hands on adults....its wrong........
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 1:10am On Aug 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Why wuld a child take adults on bible courses related to sex,marraige etc.....that'll be absurd....

D child can discuss bible stories and some other important points to his contemporaries or some few adults......

DefÍnitly not. Assuming over sight roles like what I'm seeing on d pix the op put up...

You know something is foolish but you want to cover it up so that you wont say something bad against christianity.

A child should never preach to adults. You wouldnt let a child lead you on anything else.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 1:10am On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed: Luke2:
40 And[b] the child[/b] grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him. 41 Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. 42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast. 43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it. 44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance. 45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him. 46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. 47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers. 48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Jesus at age 12.

......assuming the Jewish hippie existed
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:16am On Aug 30, 2012
Bélla3: going by his post, did he claim Jesus is nt God?

it is implied. read it carefully. why would he use a comparision involving jesus and a God.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 30, 2012
dorox:
As a christian it is my opinion that it is very wrong for a child of that age to be teaching adults. A child of that age can't posses much understanding of the scriptures beyond the very shallow if at all any. In other words beyond parroting the words jesus loves you and john 3:16 along with a few other boiler plate verses and the promise of miracles as well as speaking in a cacophonous tongues of gibberish, he knows nothing.
Jesus did not start his ministry until he became an adult, his deciples were all adults. You might ask about Jesus being in the temple when he was just twelve years old, but do realise that he was there to learn and not to teach like that little boy. It was the depth of his questions that the adults around him found amazing.

As a christian lol Is it not written in your Bible that the kingdom of God is like the heart of a child? Did your Bible not say Jesus sat and discussed the scriptures with the elders at the age of 12? Is the Bible not stories meant for the kids? A child is therefore in a better position to teach you more about your fairy tales religion.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by LordReed(m): 1:17am On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

......assuming the Jewish hippie existed

In other words the only things that matter to you are those within your limited knowledge and senses......gotcha.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Why is Christianity and other religion based on limiting people's abilities. "you cant do this,you cant do that" This is the main reason why the world is backwards because we have a lot of Christians on the planet always holding kids back. You guys are not ready to be useful if the bible does not permit it.WHY In the modern world kids are doing a lot,kids are inventing electronics in Japan and China. All you christian want is to keep brainwashing the kids. If Moses were to come down to earth now,he would call us YAHWEH- because we a lot better and advanced than back then. Pls pick up the book called "ThinK and become intelligent!!!
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2012
If it was an 11 year-old espousing Einstein's special theory of relativity, I don't think we would have complained as much. We would likely have been hailing him as a very smart and gifted kid who we are privileged to learn from.
For me, the age of the preacher does not matter as much. What matters is the content of the message.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2012
ifeness:

Why is Christianity and other religion based on limiting people's abilities. "you cant do this,you cant do that" This is the main reason why the world is backwards because we have a lot of Christians on the planet always holding kids back. You guys are not ready to be useful if the bible does not permit it.WHY In the modern world kids are doing a lot,kids are inventing electronics in Japan and China. All you christian want is to keep brainwashing the kids. If Moses were to come down to earth now,he would call us YAHWEH- because we a lot better and advanced than back then. Pls pick up the book called "ThinK and become intelligent!!!
Why the double standard? It is ok for kids to build electronics but it is not ok for kids to preach the gospel?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by ijawkid(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2012
Mr_Anony: If it was an 11 year-old espousing Einstein's special theory of relativity, I don't think we would have complained as much. We would likely have been hailing him as a very smart and gifted kid who we are privileged to learn from.
For me, the age of the preacher does not matter as much. What matters is the content of the message.

Now that's what I was about replying that mad daddy of a boy/man....lol...

I knw of kids and infact there are kids who can comprehend and solve hard maths/physics that under normal circumstances is meant for only adults to handle......

If children can solve maths and break down physics why shuld it be any surprise when a child preaches d goodnews of God......

All I was against was d child laying hands on people..(Even Jesus didn't do that @ age 12)....

But preaching??

Oh yes kids can if they are trained from infancy.....

1 Like

Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by ijawkid(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2012
Mr_Anony: If it was an 11 year-old espousing Einstein's special theory of relativity, I don't think we would have complained as much. We would likely have been hailing him as a very smart and gifted kid who we are privileged to learn from.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Niflheim(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2012
why should the boy be touching people's heads?supposing one person has lice and he uses the diseased and infected hand to touch another person's head?ignorance is not the only disease that spreads in the church!!!
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2012
Niflheim: why should the boy be touching people's heads?supposing one person has lice and he uses the diseased and infected hand to touch another person's head?ignorance is not the only disease that spreads in the church!!!
Wow..........you have an over-active mind. You may want to try some ritalin
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Niflheim(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2012
the child is brainwashed cause he is teaching knowledge(rubbish actually) from a book which tells a man that 'even if his wife is a serial killer,he cannot divorce her unless she cheats on him.'
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
Niflheim: the child is brainwashed cause he is teaching knowledge(rubbish actually) from a book which tells a man that 'even if his wife is a serial killer,he cannot divorce her unless she cheats on him.'
so thats ur only problem wit christainity? Hmm
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Wow..........you have an over-active mind. You may want to try some ritalin
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2012

How foolish!

Would we make the 11 year old a professor?

Would he be teaching adults in university?

Would we make him a physics teacher?

People who dwell in reality would see the foolishness in such argument

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Each Bible Text Have A Fixed Interpretation? / Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab. / Crusifiy Me If You Want.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.