Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers (5329 Views)

The Rise Of Christianity. The Misunderstanding Of Emperor Constantine / The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Now that's what I was about replying that mad daddy of a boy/man....lol...

I knw of kids and infact there are kids who can comprehend and solve hard maths/physics that under normal circumstances is meant for only adults to handle......

If children can solve maths and break down physics why shuld it be any surprise when a child preaches d goodnews of God......

All I was against was d child laying hands on people..(Even Jesus didn't do that @ age 12)....

But preaching??

Oh yes kids can if they are trained from infancy.....

How foolish. Like sheep you follow the other sheep in front. Keep following Anony into imaginary land;

MacDaddy01:

How foolish!

Would we make the 11 year old a professor?

Would he be teaching adults in university?

Would we make him a physics teacher?

People who dwell in reality would see the foolishness in such argument
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by LordReed(m): 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

How foolish!

Iranian American Alia Sabur – youngest Professor ever, Guinness Book of World Records

The youngest university professor is Alia Sabur (USA, b. 22 February 1989). She was appointed as a full-time faculty Professor at Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea as Research Liaison with Stony Brook University (New York, USA) with effect from 19 February 2008, aged 18 years 362 days.

Alia has been setting records and making history starting with reading at 8 months old. Her IQ was determined off the charts. She went from 4th grade to college, earning a B.S. in Applied Mathematics, summa cum laude from Stony Brook University at age 14, the youngest female in American history. She then earned an M.S. and Ph.D. (ABD) in Materials Science and Engineering from Drexel University. Alia is the youngest ever to receive fellowships and awards from the Dept of Defense, NASA, GAANN and NSF.

links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alia_Sabur

Germany's Youngest College Lecturer Is Just 16 Years Old

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2103939,00.html#ixzz252AIq7dY
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

How foolish!

To be honest, I don't see any reason why an 11 year-old can't be a physics professor as long as he knows his stuff
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Iranian American Alia Sabur – youngest Professor ever, Guinness Book of World Records

The youngest university professor is Alia Sabur (USA, b. 22 February 1989). She was appointed as a full-time faculty Professor at Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea as Research Liaison with Stony Brook University (New York, USA) with effect from 19 February 2008, aged 18 years 362 days.

Alia has been setting records and making history starting with reading at 8 months old. Her IQ was determined off the charts. She went from 4th grade to college, earning a B.S. in Applied Mathematics, summa cum laude from Stony Brook University at age 14, the youngest female in American history. She then earned an M.S. and Ph.D. (ABD) in Materials Science and Engineering from Drexel University. Alia is the youngest ever to receive fellowships and awards from the Dept of Defense, NASA, GAANN and NSF.

links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alia_Sabur

18 year old professor is an adult. She went to schools and learnt a lot.

What qualifications does an 11 year old have to start preaching to adults.

Try as much as you can but you cant justify this foolishness
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by wiegraf: 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
@anony
Your point is noted, but doesn't the nature of the subject count? Most sciences, especially math/physics, if the kid is wrong he can be shown to be wrong conclusively by other scientists. With religion we have people arguing over whether the death sentence is apt for eating shellfish, with no one being either right or wrong.

In academia it's usually science wunderkinds that get love and attention, other fields with a subjective bent? Not so much (except maybe visual arts, music - which is usually compared to math actually, stuff like that, not say philosophy, or even literaure).

Also, peer reviewing, etc, brings a little objectivity even in topics like philosophy. With religion, all I'd need is a clean suit and an endorsement from any of the wise bro's with joshua, or l ron hubbard etc, and I'm boss. Next I'm an authority on morality. To stroke your ego a bit, not everyone can discern bs from info worth having as well as you, and even then you could still make mistakes easily. Leaving this issues to a kid that is likely to be low on emotional maturity, which is not as easily verified as say IQ, borders on being irresponsible
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by LordReed(m): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

18 year old professor is an adult. She went to schools and learnt a lot.

What qualifications does an 11 year old have to start preaching to adults.

Try as much as you can but you cant justify this foolishness

You call it foolishness but the World around you shows you possibility yet you want to deny it. Do you imagine if an 11 year qualified to be a professor s/he could not find some university who'd employ him/her?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

You call it foolishness but the World around you shows you possibility yet you want to deny it. Do you imagine if an 11 year qualified to be a professor s/he could not find some university who'd employ him/her?

11 year old professor is impossible.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by LordReed(m): 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

11 year old professor is impossible.

I supposed I would have said so in time past but not after seeing someone go to college from 4th grade.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

I supposed I would have said so in time past but not after seeing someone go to college from 4th grade.

Well, you can believe what you want to believe. Facts and history can never be on your side once you start pimping 11 year old leaders/teachers
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by LordReed(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Well, you can believe what you want to believe. Facts and history can never be on your side once you start pimping 11 year old leaders/teachers

If you support my right to believe why are you edgy about it?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
wiegraf: @anony
Your point is noted, but doesn't the nature of the subject count? Most sciences, especially math/physics, if the kid is wrong he can be shown to be wrong conclusively by other scientists. With religion we have people arguing over whether the death sentence is apt for eating shellfish, with no one being either right or wrong.

In academia it's usually science wunderkinds that get love and attention, other fields with a subjective bent? Not so much (except maybe visual arts, music - which is usually compared to math actually, stuff like that, not say philosophy, or even literaure).

Also, peer reviewing, etc, brings a little objectivity even in topics like philosophy. With religion, all I'd need is a clean suit and an endorsement from any of the wise bro's with joshua, or l ron hubbard etc, and I'm boss. Next I'm an authority on morality. To stroke your ego a bit, not everyone can discern bs from info worth having as well as you, and even then you could still make mistakes easily. Leaving this issues to a kid that is likely to be low on emotional maturity, which is not as easily verified as say IQ, borders on being irresponsible
You have very little understanding as well as a very low regard for religion and that is the reason why you find it absurd.

Within a religion, there are also checks and balances by which a person may be judged as saying the right or wrong thing. Priests disagree the same way philosophers disagree and physicists and biologists disagree.

I can almost bet you don't know which pastors are respected and which are not, the same way you don't know which physicists are most respected in their fields (assuming you are not a physicist) The only difference is that since you don't respect religion as much as physics, you see the young pastor genius as bad and the young physics genius as good

In the same way wearing a lab coat doesn't make you a scientist, wearing the suit equally does not make you a pastor. The question at the core is: does he know what it is he is talking about? If indeed he does, then fair-play to him, he is a wonder-kid. If he doesn't know what he is talking about, then he is a sham.

All I am saying is that you can't judge his ability/anointing armed only with his picture and the information that he is 11 years old.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

If you support my right to believe why are you edgy about it?

Edgy? If your belief is foolish, then saying it is foolish is telling the simple truth.

Christianity has bullied common sense for far too long
-If I ran around saying that god said that I should walk naked in the streets, people would put me in mental institution
-If I ran around saying that god made me a prophet and I should slap witches for deliverance, people will pay me tithes
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by LordReed(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Edgy? If your belief is foolish, then saying it is foolish is telling the simple truth.

Christianity has bullied common sense for far too long
-If I ran around saying that god said that I should walk naked in the streets, people would put me in mental institution
-If I ran around saying that god made me a prophet and I should slap witches for deliverance, people will pay me tithes

Yes the sacrifice of the cross is foolishness according to men, yet I have accepted it; shouldn't make you vehement.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Yes the sacrifice of the cross is foolishness according to men, yet I have accepted it; shouldn't make you vehement.

Was Jesus vehement when he flogged traders out of the church?

I am not angry or edgy. The point is that I am stating the consequences of believing in nonsense. People start doing nonsense as a result.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by LordReed(m): 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Was Jesus vehement when he flogged traders out of the church?

I am not angry or edgy. The point is that I am stating the consequences of believing in nonsense. People start doing nonsense as a result.

He sure was. People doing nonsense is not new under the sun and they claim all sorts of reasons. Your singling out of Christianity smacks of some latent vehemence. O well we shall have to accept that you are not being vehement as you claim.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@Lord_Reed,

don't waste your breath on Macdaddy. You have made your point. He has nothing further to say so he has now switched from the topic to Jesus flogging.

When you prove him wrong again, he will switch to "Jesus slavetrader" and to "Jesus racist" and on and on.

He will keep producing one childish argument after the other and shouting DEBUNKED and EPIC FAIL at the slightest opportunity. He will even resort to hurling insults like a spoilt child when arguments don't go his way. He is a very boring opponent to argue with.

My advise: Unless you have nothing better to do, don't bother.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
@Lord_Reed,

don't waste your breath on Macdaddy. You have made your point. He has nothing further to say so he has now switched from the topic to Jesus flogging.

When you prove him wrong again, he will switch to "Jesus slavetrader" and to "Jesus racist" and on and on.

He will keep producing one childish argument after the other and shouting DEBUNKED and EPIC FAIL at the slightest opportunity. He will even resort to hurling insults like a spoilt child when arguments don't go his way. He is a very boring opponent to argue with.

Why the hatred for logicboy aka macdaddy?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by wiegraf: 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You have very little understanding as well as a very low regard for religion and that is the reason why you find it absurd.

Within a religion, there are also checks and balances by which a person may be judged as saying the right or wrong thing. Priests disagree the same way philosophers disagree and physicists and biologists disagree.

I can almost bet you don't know which pastors are respected and which are not, the same way you don't know which physicists are most respected in their fields (assuming you are not a physicist) The only difference is that since you don't respect religion as much as physics, you see the young pastor genius as bad and the young physics genius as good

In the same way wearing a lab coat doesn't make you a scientist, wearing the suit equally does not make you a pastor. The question at the core is: does he know what it is he is talking about? If indeed he does, then fair-play to him, he is a wonder-kid. If he doesn't know what he is talking about, then he is a sham.

All I am saying is that you can't judge his ability/anointing armed only with his picture and the information that he is 11 years old.

That's fair since I know little of the process. It is hard to accept a child could be an authority on say morality, but I'll leave that for now. My morality need not be yours. As long as we're not infringing on each other's rights, it's very much live and let live. Who am I to tell you you're wrong? Etc
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
@Lord_Reed,

GBAM!
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
Bélla3: GBAM!

Na so una hate me?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Na so una hate me?
are you worth hating?*just asking*
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Avicenna: 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
Bélla3: are you worth hating?*just asking*

What? What are you implying?

Anyway, couldn't expect better from your types.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
Avicenna:

What? What are you implying?

Anyway, couldn't expect better from your types.

what? Why vexing? Anyway cudnt expect any better from YOU!
Btw i was joking with macdad bt i mean the this one.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Avicenna: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
Bélla3: what? Why vexing? Anyway cudnt expect any better from YOU!
Btw i was joking with macdad bt i mean the this one.

Whatever.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by Bella3(f): 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
Avicenna:

Whatever.
duh!
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by wirinet(m): 10:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
To me child preachers, child lecturers, child beggars, child workers and any other child anything is child abuse and be criminalized. A child should be allowed the joy of being a child. A child at 11 should be in school
If a child is not deemed matured enough to drink alcohol, drive, have séx, enter night clubs or even sign legal documents until they are 16 or 18yrs(depending on country), why should a minor be allowed religious/ spiritual authority over adults. How is he supposed to teach the more séxually explicit and violent part of the bible.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 11:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
wirinet: To me child preachers, child lecturers, child beggars, child workers and any other child anything is child abuse and be criminalized. A child should be allowed the joy of being a child. A child at 11 should be in school
If a child is not deemed matured enough to drink alcohol, drive, have séx, enter night clubs or even sign legal documents until they are 16 or 18yrs(depending on country), why should a minor be allowed religious/ spiritual authority over adults. How is he supposed to teach the more séxually explicit and violent part of the bible.

100% aqreed
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
wirinet: To me child preachers, child lecturers, child beggars, child workers and any other child anything is child abuse and be criminalized. A child should be allowed the joy of being a child. A child at 11 should be in school
Interesting............
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by JIL(m): 8:32am On Aug 31, 2012

You don't believe in it in the first place, so what is it to you if an adult or a child preaches about it.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 11:11am On Aug 31, 2012
JIL:

You don't believe in it in the first place, so what is it to you if an adult or a child preaches about it.

Irrelevant.

Address the topic.

It doesnt matter if he believes in it or not. A child lecturing an adult on what he doesnt understand is plain wrong.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Irrelevant.

Address the topic.

It doesnt matter if he believes in it or not. A child lecturing an adult on what he doesnt understand is plain wrong.
You are right. But what about when the child knows what he is talking about?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 11:23am On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You are right. But what about when the child knows what he is talking about?

If the child is preaching about the cartoon version of Moses parting the red sea, no problem.

We are talking of the real bible that talks about sexual relationships, sacrifice, death by crucifixion, slavery etc. An 11 year old can not fully understand such things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Truth Concerning Temptation / Why Do People Lie Against God? / Does Each Bible Text Have A Fixed Interpretation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.