Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,511 members, 7,840,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. (14726 Views)

Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo / May God Forbid That Any Government Will Repeat What Gej's Did – Oby Ezekwesil / Nigerians Blast Vice President Namadi Sambo On Twitter & Facebook [SCREENSHOTS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Nwoka(m): 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
Na wa oooo...this is a nation where anything goes!!!! God of Israel come to our rescue
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by nduchucks: 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dede1: I can not simply fathom what I have read about Nnaji’s resignation from some goons on this forum. When does resigning any appointment on slight instances of conflict of interest turn into a fraud? In USA, a mere head of governmental agency will resign on a slight indication of conflict of interest.

B Nnaji did the honorable thing by resigning his position due to an assumed conflict of interest and suddenly tribal irredentists turned such act into tribal bashing.

Dede1, did you miss the fact that Nnaji was using his company as a proxy to buy shares on behalf of the president in Afam power station through the privatisation process? Was this an honorable thing as well? Please lets call a spade a spade. Trust me, many of us are sad about Nnaji's resignation - Sambo through GEJ did the right thing because one must amputate certain limbs to save the rest of the body, atimes.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Dede1(m): 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
Was the alleged NCP meeting congregated to deliberate the issue of Nnaji’s conflict of interest? Are the assumed wrong deeds of any minister of the federation deliberated by a meeting chaired by the VP? Sometimes, Nigerians amaze me with their skewed senses of illogicalities.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Joey82(m): 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
What pained the government was that it had assured the international community of a transparent process?
so its about the international community and not we Nigerians abi?
even if sambo sacked nnaji as the poster claims, i think nnaji compromised the entire process and just got what he rightly deserved.
too bad though, he had a vision and he knew where he was heading to.
all this phcn staff go let person hear word now.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by samkoro: 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
His power firm,Geometric Power built and runs a very successfull power firm in Aba.His firm also built and runs a successfull independent power plant in Abuja.Those were the credentials that was considered before he was appointed the adviser and later minister of power.A company he has interest in, bidding for power generation and transmission is a wellcome developement.The only condition is that he cannot be a judge in his own case,as a result he has to resign so that his company could bid.

Forget all these sensational and false details flying about.They are mearnt for papers to sell.Just watch out,at the end,Geometric Power will emerge as one of the successfull bidders

3 Likes

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Dede1(m): 8:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Dede1, did you miss the fact that Nnaji was using his company as a proxy to buy shares on behalf of the president in Afam power station through the privatisation process? Was this an honorable thing as well? Please lets call a spade a spade. Trust me, many of us are sad about Nnaji's resignation - Sambo through GEJ did the right thing because one must amputate certain limbs to save the rest of the body, atimes.

This lame conjecture you stood up in the above post is very asinine and does not closely represent what I read from a certain news media about Nnaji’s share and reason for resignation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnaji-why-i-resigned-as-minister-of-power/123481/
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Dede1(m): 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
Joey82: What pained the government was that it had assured the international community of a transparent process?
so its about the international community and not we Nigerians abi?
even if sambo sacked nnaji as the poster claims, i think nnaji compromised the entire process and just got what he rightly deserved.
too bad though, he had a vision and he knew where he was heading to.
all this phcn staff go let person hear word now.

Resignation because of conflict of interest is a daily occurrence in countries such as USA. It is a honorable act that should be encouraged.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by nduchucks: 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dede1:

This lame conjecture you stood up in the above post is very asinine and does not closely represent what I read from a certain news media about Nnaji’s share and reason for resignation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnaji-why-i-resigned-as-minister-of-power/123481/

Stop being lazy, here's a direct quote from the same article. Why did you ignore it?

Nnaji said he had met with the president Tuesday afternoon, during which he (president) informed him (Nnaji) that he was using his company as a proxy to buy shares on behalf of the president in Afam power station through the privatisation process.

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by DANILSA(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
In a beer parlour discussing at wuse 2, drinking beer and eating isiewu discussing with Ndu_chucks,Dede1,ekt-bear,PROUD-IGBO,techRev, pointB,Eziachi,chyzz:,crayolal,cleverly, onlytruth,cyberG and Nwoka. Ndu_chucks raises a rumor about Nnaji we eat and laugh, dede1 tries to help him but his drunk, ebamba comes in to ask if what ndu_chucks is saying has affected the price of garri, their is an argument as more people come in, I finish my isiewu and quietly leave the gossip room.

3 Likes

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by nagoma(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
Crayola1:
Oh so integrity now means indescriminately bombing places of worship and business?
Or killing corpers because your man didn't get in?
I'm sure glad Nigeria has you guys around and thank goodness you guys were in power for most of Nigeria's independence bringing said integrity on the job...
Nigeria's a first class nation thanks to you guys...oh wait no that's not right cry

Here you. Come again, this it seems to me is a question of demonstrating some integrity and transparency in this process ,even if not to us common Nigerians but to international community as the government promised. I have never had any special respect for Namadi Sambo but , I will have to congratulate him if he actually did put his foot down to ensure transparency. If the president made me the chair of such and important process the least I should do , if I was loyal, is to ensure the transparency to save my president any embarrassment , so well done Namadi Sambo for being loyal. By the way any chairman can walk a member out of a meeting if that is judged to be the right thing to do. And the chairman doesn't even have to be a vice president.
And the president did the right thing by sacking the Minister. The minister should in fact be investigated.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by papaejima1: 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
Am Igbo, but I stand with you on this.
Back stabbing morons!
They prefer an outsider being the sole supplier of power to the region in future and giving the idiots (no apologies to the stupid Igbos that wrote that petition)stipends to massage their over inflated egos. Nkita ara!!

Chanchit: Na wah o.... Hmmm, let me keep shut, cos if i talk now, them go say ma own too much... #i'm out of here#
#turns back#
#tip toeing#
#whisper#
" Thats why Biafra rep' would never stand, when u can't stop back stabbing#
#look front, look back, pick race#
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by PointB: 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
CyberG: The real question is why should Naji ever even bring ANY kind of conflict of interest to the system? Was he ignorant of the rules or the allure and irresistible attraction for money overwhelm all his sense of judgement and ethics? As soon as he crossed the line, all and any options and outcomes are ON the table. But watch how ibos will defend a betrayal of the system, of his bosses, a sabotage of a "working" process in as much as the betrayer is ibo.

I disagree.

In the first place, Nnaji was appointed special adviser, and then minister because of his experience and works with those company. His mentioning those past and present relationship to the presidency was a mere formality. I think he resigned because some of the people he had to work with are hypocrites, and holier than thou. Barth was simply too well bred for their shenanigans.

The real question is: when are some others going to toe the path of honour, come clean, and take a graceful walk away as exemplified by the honorable Barth Nnaji. I bet, that will be too much to ask, in a land infested with crimes and criminals. Since you mention Igbos, show me any high level Yoruba man that have ever toed such honorable path. We know your tribe cover one fraud with another. shameless people, always bringing tribalism into every issue. olodo
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Francuiz: 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
I don't just get u al. Y al dis insults nd bashing? Is it going to change anything? Or will it change d fact dat d minister resigned? Please lets stop taking medication over another person's illness
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Nightshift(m): 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
In the land of vultures, rotten meats are preferred. Nigerians shall know the truth someday ..
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by takedat(m): 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dede1: Was the alleged NCP meeting congregated to deliberate the issue of Nnaji’s conflict of interest? Are the assumed wrong deeds of any minister of the federation deliberated by a meeting chaired by the VP? Sometimes, Nigerians amaze me with their skewed senses of illogicalities.
the council on privitization(NCP),has on its board ministers,BPE DG and other top govt functionaries with the VP as its Chairman.The President as delegated the VP to oversee all its activities and the VP in turn reports back to the GEJ.The VP has the right to walk him out in the process of bidding since the allegation of conflict of interest hangs on Nnaji's head. For example, the MD can work a manager out of a meeting irrespective of either he was the one who employed him directly or not.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by boyendowed(m): 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
Ndu-chucks was the same ediot that started a thread complaining about Yoruba and Igbo fights.Bloody hypocrite.A bigot will always be a bigot
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by EdDave(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2012
Its amazing how ppl can so confidently play each other down, shouting with straining veins, over what they don't know about, to the point of being tribalistic and insulting. As if they were there in the cabinet meetings, or why he was made minister et al. How, then, do you know who sacked him or whether he resigned voluntarily. Every tin you have heard is publicised by the MEDIA(anybody with a medium to broadcast what he wants. No thanks to technology).
I don't claim to know the reasons why Nnaji resigned; and abruptly too. All I know is that power improved under his ministry. And all I hope is his successor will continue and do better. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by papaejima1: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2012
DANILSA: In a beer parlour discussing at wuse 2, drinking beer and eating isiewu discussing with Ndu_chucks,Dede1,ekt-bear,PROUD-IGBO,techRev, pointB,Eziachi,chyzz:,crayolal,cleverly, onlytruth,cyberG and Nwoka. Ndu_chucks raises a rumor about Nnaji we eat and laugh, dede1 tries to help him but his drunk, ebamba comes in to ask if what ndu_chucks is saying has affected the price of garri, their is an argument as more people come in, I finish my isiewu and quietly leave the gossip room.

Mad man! now you've got me laughing despite my anger!
I for really like join u waka, but I must see who go win this argument!
** takes better seat and orders another isiewu**

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by CyberG: 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
PointB:

I disagree.

In the first place, Nnaji was appointed special adviser, and then minister because of his experience and works with those company. His mentioning those past and present relationship to the presidency was a mere formality. I think he resigned because some of the people he had to work with are hypocrites, and holier than thou. Barth was simply too well bred for their shenanigans.

The real question is: when are some others going to toe the path of honour, come clean, and take a graceful walk away as exemplified by the honorable Barth Nnaji. I bet, that will be too much to ask, in a land infested with crimes and criminals. Since you mention Igbos, show me any high level Yoruba man that have ever toed such honorable path. We know your tribe cover one fraud with another. shameless people, always bringing tribalism into every issue. olodo

I like your initial civility but your latter comments demeaned your initial comments. The question is not about another tribe really. It is not about others either but Naji and that he was found in a compromising position. Can a thief become innocent just because there may be another thief still out there? Why not show us the others and open a thread for them? For now, there is nothing "well bred" about a man who sabotaged his own work, betrayed the trust of his (clueless) GEJ and Sambo bosses! He betrayed the trust of all Nigerians, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Ijaw, etc. This is the main issue here and at his age, what kind of useless money does he want again that has not been stolen from the system, made by his company or professorship? As a man in such position, he probably had one chance for the final putsch that would at least give Nigerians a new hope for improved power but what did he do, he bungled it!

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by emmatok(m): 9:16pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dede1:

Do you seriously expect me to join with you in this pathetic child’s play? Let us momentarily and hypothetically assume this junk is true. Even if the VP is the chairman of his architectural outfit he could not have walked his General Manager out of a meeting room talk less a national issue where VP does not have such powers. In fact, no wonder Nigeria is a piece of crap. A person who has a peanut size brain could have outwitted and used you to mob the floor where the imaginary NCP meeting was held.
o

Lol,

What is special about about VP walking a minister out of his office.
The VP has every right to do that.
Walk-out is not sack.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by yohannazack(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
My pple, there is notin to argue abut here, we need to knw dat namadi sambo is committee chair on power, as a vice president, he has the right to express his dissatisfaction, as wel as reportin anybody to mr president. On the issue on ground, actually there is more to wat we hear. But Common sense can help us to deduce that prof. Nnaji must hav erred in the privatisation process in one way or the other. He may hav failed to xplain his connection wit d company in question. Which he must hav bin xposed by his kinsmen (igbos). But as trues nigerians, lets beliv that prof. Barth resignation wil bring somtin gud fo nigerians. Igbo kwenu! ONE NIGERIA KO.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
Morons, He was not sacked, he resigned.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by emmatok(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Morons, He was not sacked, he resigned.

Shut-up,
Forceful resignation=sack.
Senior managers don't like been sacked cos of their CV.
So they gently resign to save thier careers.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by emmatok(m): 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
This is why ilke OBJ he will never allowed himself be blackmailed, unlike GEJ and Barth who are claiming to be saints.
Barth has been on this power buzz since the time of OBJ.
If he had opened up on time, this issues won't be coming up now.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
emmatok:

Shut-up,
Forceful resignation=sack.
Senior managers don't like been sacked cos of their CV.
So they gently resign to save thier careers.
You counter your st.u.pidity with elemental sense, Son of a palmwine tapper.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Elueme: 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
Chanchit: Na wah o.... Hmmm, let me keep shut, cos if i talk now, them go say ma own too much... #i'm out of here#
#turns back#
#tip toeing#
#whisper#
" Thats why Biafra rep' would never stand, when u can't stop back stabbing#
#look front, look back, pick race#
LWKMD..chei!! Walahi u be comedian I Go Die
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by olivertwist: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
ndu_chucks:

nwanne, if you live in Nigeria and in Abuja in particular, and are additionally well connected politically, you wouldn't make this kind of a dumb comment. The political class is in mourning as we speak because most had faith in Nnaji who has proved that he knows what it takes to resolve oour power problem. sambo was so shocked and surprised that he walked Nnaji out of the meeting, which he (sambo) chaired. You can dispute this fact all you want, but it is no longer news throughout Abuja.

ngwanu, use your peanut sized brain and explain to me, the rational for Nnaji's abrupt exit. Both GEJ and Nnaji blind sighted Sambo, who rightfully took the right steps to return credibility to the system.

You people should be ashamed of youselves for allowing tribalism and bigotry to affect your better judgements.

Hmmn! 1+ 1 = 2. There is no smoke without fire. I'm still shocked at the spontaneous way by which GEJ accepted the resignation of the best minister in his cabinet. I won't be surprised if Mr. Barth Nnaji becomes the Minister of Petroleum in few weeks time. For now, I rest my case.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by flexya: 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
This conflict of interest everyone keeps going on about is completely bafflin me. Even in civilised and more advanced countries, nothing stops a public officer (or his company) from biddin for a contract/service like Nnajis "associate company" did. All that is required is for him to declare such interest from the onset and excuse himself from any process where he might be adjudged biased. So Ndidi okereke does not buy shares in companies operatin under the NSE, Senator Chukwumerije should resign from the senate commmittee on sports cos his son is an olympian, didn't all these politicians bid for abuja govt houses under obasanjo (ok, I know this wasn't transparent bt its an example), Bank staff should not take loans from their banks (payin normal interest rates). THe point I am makin is, as long as the process is transparent, their interest was declared and the party involved did not use his position 2 gain undue advantage over others, then its ball game. So far, no one has said anything really 2 suggest Nnaji acted outside this perimeter or av they. 2 be honest, I knew very little about Bart until he resigned bt from what I av read, heard and felt (thru 3months of great power supply), not only was he perfomin as a minister bt he has a solid and upright background worthy of any countries ministerial job. Perhaps what we prefer are non performin ministers wit no "conflict of interest. While am not pointin fingers at anyone, who exactly is the minister for education, health or agriculture and what av they done 2 better the lives of we Nigerians in these other crucial ministeries bt I guess they are worthy of their post because their companies haven't "benefited or attempt 2 benefit from this govt". As someone said, powerful forces wanted Nnaji out and they succeeded. This begs me 2 believe that the people in power are not necessarily the people we see in office. Work that out urself. Please feel free 2 correct me constructively if I av missed sometig. No aboki, tribal, or GEJ comments/insults pls.

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by nagoma(m): 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
olivertwist:

Hmmn! 1+ 1 = 2. There is no smoke without fire. I'm still shocked at the spontaneous way by which GEJ accepted the resignation of the best minister in his cabinet. I won't be surprised if Mr. Barth Nnaji becomes the Minister of Petroleum in few weeks time. For now, I rest my case.

We ae ignoring the transparency promise mentioned in the post . The tranparency promise in the process , not made to Nigerian electorate but to international community ( another name for America). The international community is fully aware of the goings on in the power business in Nigeria and may actually have advised Oga to sack Nnaji. GEJ may not want to have another ibori type of embarrassment so soon.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Elueme: 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
Nnaji's Interest if true deserves to emerge successful as a compensation to his selfless and tactful contributions in repositioning the power sector.. just too un,fortunate he has to resign due to conflict of interest wch bigots are busy blowing out of proportion.. Resigning your portfolio due to such conflict is a very common and honourable occurrence which is an indicator that we are getting it right..
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by vislabraye(m): 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
Chyz*:
Jonathan is to blame. It was politival. I blame Igbos to follow continuous allowing jonathan to sack their people and do nothing about it.

If he sacked one Ibo doest he replace it with another Ibo? Do you know how many Ibos he has employed so far. The chief of army staff is an Ibo.

Barth Nnaji was said to resign due to conflict of interests. Let's leave that aside.
Re: Namadi Sambo, Sacked Nnaji, GEJ Did Not. by Dede1(m): 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
take dat: the council on privitization(NCP),has on its board ministers,BPE DG and other top govt functionaries with the VP as its Chairman.The President as delegated the VP to oversee all its activities and the VP in turn reports back to the GEJ.The VP has the right to walk him out in the process of bidding since the allegation of conflict of interest hangs on Nnaji's head. For example, the MD can work a manager out of a meeting irrespective of either he was the one who employed him directly or not.

The issues around the presidency and relationship between the VP and ministers are not child’s pranks or Alaba Market price discussion. Such issues are buried in the fine lines of the constitution and official protocols. If there is a mere rumor about any minister or head of any governmental agency, the presidency will setup an investigation. Also, the principal officer involved may or may not be informed about the depth of the investigation. In addition, in a proper presidential protocol, the principal officer will be confronted with facts about investigation. At this junction, the minister may choose to resign to avoid further embarrassment, if any, or the presidency may decide to support the minister.

It is rather a jaundice rascality for anybody to remotely insinuate that the VP “walked a minister out of a meeting”. It is a nonsensical postulation that defers any presidential protocol. A fist fight could easily ensure if VP chooses to reduce his/her position to the level of walking a mere aide out of office talk less a minister with portfolio. Again, if the meeting was a bidding process, which it was not, the VP has no right to walk an ordinary man who is a government certified bidder out of the bidding process talk less a minister. The office of VP is not a SUYA Spot where the VP walks peoples out of his/her office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says / How Kidnappers, Zealots & Rebels Are Making Nigeria Ungovernable - Economist UK / Labour Strike Not In Nigerians’ Interest, Says Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.