Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:17 AM

Does Abuja Close Down When President Jonathan Is In Town? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Abuja Close Down When President Jonathan Is In Town? (601 Views)

Biafra Day: Massob Leader Orders Close Down Of Markerts, Banks And School May 30 / Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. / Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Abuja Close Down When President Jonathan Is In Town? by ACM10: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
Pres. Jonathan visited Anambra today. As part of the preparation to recieve him on his state visit to Anambra, Gov. Peter Obi ordered vehicles out of the roads and declared "No Vehicular Movement" from 10AM to 4PM. Unfortunately, I was caught up and I spent 5 unproductive hours in Anambra. The most painful part of it is that I missed an important appointment at Enugu.

I don't know if banning of vehicular movements anytime Pres. Jonathan visits, is becoming a pattern among southeast governors. Gov. Sullivan did the same thing when Jonathan visited Enugu last year.

I want to know the rationale for closing markets and the fiat order of banning vehicular movements?
Then my next question is directed at Abuja residents and its frequent visitors. Does Abuja close down when President Jonathan is in town?
Re: Does Abuja Close Down When President Jonathan Is In Town? by sheyguy: 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
The whole thing started in January when the same governor forced 'his' people out of the nationwide protest against subsidy removal . . . All in a bid to impress Jonathan.
Re: Does Abuja Close Down When President Jonathan Is In Town? by mpumalanga: 12:28am On Aug 31, 2012
They are not complaining.Abuja is ABUJA and Anambra is Anambra.

(1) (Reply)

A Visit To Aba / The First Lady Is Not Hospitalized- Presidency / The Reuben Abati They Did Not Know - By Sonala Olumhense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.