Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,253 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? (5323 Views)

El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter / Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki / I Unilaterally Called The War On Boko Haram, Not Jonathan, Chad’s Idriss Deby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by KnowAll(m): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=18pt]The driving distance from Yola, Nigeria to Maiduguri, Nigeria is:254 miles / 409 km[/size]

[size=14pt]It surprises me that despite the distance between Yola and Maiduguri being only 254 miles, BK would rather travel all the way to Abuja(525 miles) and bomb it, leaving nearby Yola that has an “ American University” with Americans as lecturers. undecided

Surely if you want to hit on anything western, the American lecturers should the first port of call for any Islamist and not far away Abuja[/size].
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by texazzpete(m): 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]The driving distance from Yola, Nigeria to Maiduguri, Nigeria is:254 miles / 409 km[/size]

[size=14pt]It surprises me that despite the distance between Yola and Maiduguri being only 254 miles, BK would rather travel all the way to Abuja(525 miles) and bomb it, leaving nearby Yola that has an “ American University” with Americans as lecturers. undecided

Surely if you want to hit on anything western, the American lecturers should the first port of call for any Islamist and not far away Abuja[/size].

Boko Haram is yet to close down any University in Nigeria. they've since stridently denied sending a threatening letter to UNIMAID.
I wouldn't put that UNIMAID Letter past some unscrupulous students who wanted an early holiday grin

By the way, Nice try. You'll need to actually use your brains a whole lot more if you want to pin this on Atiku grin
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by KnowAll(m): 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
The funny thing is there has never been one gun shot recorded in Yola, is somebody not putting one and one together in other to figure out who the perpetuators behind BK are.  
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by KnowAll(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2011
Boko Haram is yet to close down any University in Nigeria. they've since stridently denied sending a threatening letter to UNIMAID.
I wouldn't put that UNIMAID Letter past some unscrupulous students who wanted an early holiday

By the way, Nice try. You'll need to actually use your brains a whole lot more if you want to pin this on Atiku

The reason why no other institution has being close down anywhere else is because no other city has seen or witness the level of violence perpetuated in Maiduguri. Where people could easily be shot for just eating pepper soup.

The Violence is unprecedented.
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by Bawss1(m): 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
Pointing fingers now are we? Lame attempt.
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by texazzpete(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2011
KnowAll:

The funny thing is there has never been one gun shot recorded in Yola, is somebody not putting one and one together in other to figure out who the perpetuators behind BK are.  

No bomb blast recorded in Benin City too. Let's blame Dokpesi too grin
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by violent(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
I think this is a bit lame to be honest.
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by KnowAll(m): 5:16pm On Jul 29, 2011
No bomb blast recorded in Benin City too. Let's blame Dokpesi too

How many miles is Benin to Maiduguri. Naturally when there is a conflict or a conflagration in a place, there is always a spill overs to near by adjoining cities and towns, just like the famine in Somalia is affecting Northern Kenya, Western Ethiopia and Djibouti. How come not one incident of a roughish boko haramist taken advantage of the quietness of Yola by scaring the living day light out of those American lecturers. That is because they do not want any wahala for oga's backyard.

oga go vex, knowing his lecturers would take a hike and that would be the end of his Uni.
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2011
What I don't understand is some Muslims secretly supporting Boko Haram,

Though they can't come out and openly declare their support for boko haram, they secretly argue for it!!!! Stupid cunts!!
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
Boko Haram has not shut down ATB University bauchi We should blame isa Yuguda the governor and GEJ apologist

It has not shut down University in Gombe We should blame Danjuma Goje another PDP and GEJ apologist.

It has not shut down university in Jigawa We should blame Sule lamido and other GEJ apologist

These places are very close to Maiduguri

Conclusion GEJ apologists are behind the Boko haram menace

1 Like

Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by texazzpete(m): 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Boko Haram has not shut down ATB University bauchi We should blame isa Yuguda the governor and GEJ apologist

It has not shut down University in Gombe We should blame Danjuma Goje another PDP and GEJ apologist.

It has not shut down university in Jigawa We should blame Sule lamido and other GEJ apologist

These places are very close to Maiduguri

Conclusion GEJ apologists are behind the Boko haram menace

Lol. Common sense gets no traction with KnowAll.

0lumide:

What I don't understand is some Muslims secretly supporting Boko Haram,

Though they can't come out and openly declare their support for boko haram, they secretly argue for it!!!! silly cunts!!

I know how you feel. I felt the same way about the Christians that were supporting MEND too.
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by KnowAll(m): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2011
@Dayokonu

Please read well b4 dabbling into a Topic. Enough police men, jail break and other mayhem has been committed in Bauch, Jigawa & Gombe State. But when it comes to Adamawa not even an alimanjeri has been reported missing let alone a gun shot heard. Looks to me like Boko Haram is avoiding Yola like a plague looks like they don't want to unruffled some powerful individuals and we know who those individuals are. undecided
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by dayokanu(m): 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
Maybe a knowledge of the region would serve better.

Whats the Xtain/Moslem ration in Adamawa compare to borno, Jigawa, bauchi etc. Or why have Boko haram not attacked Plateau also
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by ksmail4: 11:56pm On Sep 05, 2011
Yesterday, two of my friends studying at  Atiku's University just got shot dead from an unknown gun men in Yola  (4th September),  apparently they left the uni to buy suya and was found dead when residents heard Gun shots, they wre found in the car and no one could tell what really happened,  am suspecting it might be dis Boko Haram people,  May thier soul rest in peace,  Naija is turning to something else
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by KnowAll(m): 8:08am On Sep 06, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Looks like your friends were killed by Armed Robbers!

[size=16pt]Armed robbers kill 2 varsity students in Yola
By GABRIEL DIKE
Tuesday, September 06, 2011[/size]

Armed robbers on Sunday killed two 300 level students of American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola, Adamawa State at a suya spot. The AUN Deputy Director of Communications, Mr. Innocent Nwobodo, in a statement made available to Daily Sun, said the President of the AUN, Dr. Margee Ensign, announced the sudden death of two students, Mr. Levi Nyat Yusuf and Mr. Abaagu Charles in the hands of armed robbers.

According to him, the students were attacked and killed by the robbers on Sunday, September 4 at a suya spot near the Jimeta Main Market in Yola. “The market,” he said, “is about 14 kilometers away from the main campus of AUN.”

He disclosed that details of the incident, which led to the sudden death of the two students, were still scanty, adding that the Adamawa Police Command was investigating the matter.
Nwobodo further noted that the victims were reported to have gone to the town to buy suya when the robbers attacked them, taking away their car while other students who were with the deceased at the time of the incident managed to escape from the scene as a scuffle between the two friends and the attackers ensued.

In a statement on the night of the incident, AUN President, Ensign said she was deeply saddened by the untimely death of the two students in the prime of their lives.
Speaking further on the incident, Assistant Vice President Public Relations and Communications, Abubakar Tahir, told Daily Sun that the two students were in 300 level with Mr. Levi Nyat in the Business Management Department and Mr. Abaagu Charles, an undecided student.

Abba Tahir said the parents of the students were informed same day and that they came to Abuja for the memorial service organized for the deceased students yesterday.
He said they would decide the issue of burial but could not say whether any arrest had been made as at the time of going to press.
“As police investigations intensify into the circumstances surrounding the killing of the two students more facts have emerged, which indicate that the victims actually left a drinking joint before arriving at the suya spot where they were shot,” Abba Tahir said
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by dayokanu(m): 8:11am On Sep 06, 2011
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by KnowAll(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2011
Do you still maintain that Boko Haram has not attacked Yola?

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/42418/1/boko-haram-attempts-jailbreak-in-yola-prison.html

Members of the radical Islamic group Boko Haram who are inmates of an over crowded federal Prison in Jimeta, Yola, Adamawa State, this morning started a riot in a bid to escape from the facility.[/b]Reports from Yola said trouble started early Tuesday morning after a routine roll call for inmates when suddenly, members of the radical group attacked prison warders refusing to return to their cells.

[b]Prisoners seeing a loophole in a prison regime  and trying to explore and exploit that loophole does not in anyway constitute an attack on a city. If I was in their shoes and I noticed the slackness and laxity of the prison system I would exploit it talkless of 'Boko Haram'
. embarassed
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by Stgab: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2011
boko haram has been in the state for long but security formation is very tight.the governor is a retired naval admiral so he knows security n agric to d core.i live les than a kilometer from d spot aun student were shot death obvously not boko guys it's either their student (cult) or their parent rivals.yola has 65 to 35 ratio of xtians to muslims but the issue is that the indigins xtian were buzy taking alcohol n joining militry without going to even primary school, then the muslim/fulanis went to schools thereby ocupying all the office n ruling the majority indigin populace in yola.i rest my case.hahaha!
Re: Atiku Why Has Boko Haram Not Close Down Your University? by sheriffman(m): 11:01am On Sep 06, 2011
BREAKING NEWS
Two students of the American University of Nigeria, Yola, Levi Yusuf and Abaagu Charles, were killed by armed robbers on Sunday.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity / Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric / Elders From Igbo Speaking Part Of Edo State(igbanke) Storm KANU Father's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.