Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi (8504 Views)

Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by shaybebaby(f): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Like I said . . . my race has little or nothing to do with who I am so I have a hard time JUDGING others by their race. IF you feel race is so important, then I can how you would think the experiences of another human only PAINTED A DIFFERENT COLOR than you are, to be unique in that way.
or maybe you were painted different colour to her? Point of correction here, I am not judging her..YOU are. Race is one of many ways of distinguishing between groups of humans, the very fact you say "painted a different colour" means that you know that is a basis for distinction however, it is one of many ways. My ethnicity as a black african is important to me, I expect people to be cognizant of it but not judge me.
But you don't have a hard time judging anything, it seems second nature to you.
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2012
shaybe baby:
or maybe you were painted different colour to her? Point of correction here, I am not judging her..YOU are. Race is one of many ways of distinguishing between groups of humans, the very fact you say "painted a different colour" means that you know that is a basis for distinction however, it is one of many ways. My ethnicity as a black african is important to me, I expect people to be cognizant of it but not judge me.
But you don't have a hard time judging anything, it seems second nature to you.

Correction . . . I am not judging her, I am simply judging claims by nairalanders, like you, who judged her story unique because of her race.

Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

Like I said . . . my race has little or nothing to do with who I am so I have a hard time JUDGING others by their race. IF you feel race is so important, then I can how you would think the experiences of another human only PAINTED A DIFFERENT COLOR than you are, to be unique in that way.
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by LFJ: 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I think you should get off this thing you are on.

No one is stopping her from telling her story. NO ONE . . No one is stopping her from printing a book about her life, again, NO ONE.

Also, this is nairaland . . . if you have an issue with others posting their views openly, I would suggest you log out and go spend your time elsewhere, because this is an open forum for everyone to post what they want to.

Thank God you realize that this is an open forum, to tell me to log off is chidish. Must you end up fighting with those who express contrary view with you? Let us be cultured in the way we pass our message. No matter how blind the point of others especially on issue of this nature must we turn ourselves to e-thug, oga fun e.
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by coogar: 10:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:
I think you should get off this thing you are on.
No one is stopping her from telling her story. NO ONE . . No one is stopping her from printing a book about her life, again, NO ONE.

Kobojunkie:
So I don't see the sense in the write up given that she is not a part of some major minority.

don't you just love it when pitiful nigerians do a complete 360 degree? from finding her write up senseless to "no one is stopping her to write"? bunch of zombies!!!

if you are not interested in what crystal owonubi has to say about her experience in jos, you can fuck off the thread already. is it normal to have typed 500,000 words in what you find senseless? idiotic hypocrite!!
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by claremont(m): 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
This white lady is a rare breed. I can't begin to comprehend how a white lady will leave all the comforts of her country to marry and live with a Nigerian man IN NIGERIA. I have always been totally in support of interracial couples for so many reasons, and the actions of this lady has further reinforced my belief in this concept.

Goodluck to the couple.

1 Like

Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
LFJ:

Thank God you realize that this is an open forum, to tell me to log off is chidish. Must you end up fighting with those who express contrary view with you? Let us be cultured in the way we pass our message. No matter how blind the point of others especially on issue of this nature must we turn ourselves to e-thug, oga fun e.

oh! I have always known this is an open forum . . . just never understood why supposed adults think it is sensible to go around telling people what they can or cannot post , like you have been doing all this while. It makes me wonder if they realize that this is an OPEN forum, and not their parlour where they can decide who stays and who leaves.

I don't care what ends up happening . . . i like posting my opinion. If YOU want a fight over my right to post my opinion, you make my day cause again, I like to post my opinion a lot.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by LFJ: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

oh! I have always known this is an open forum . . . just never understood why supposed adults think it is sensible to go around telling people who they can or cannot post like you have been doing all this while.

I don't care what ends up happening . . . i like posting my opinion. If YOU want a fight over my right to post my opinion, you make my day cause again, I like to post my opinion a lot.

Well, this is not the 1st time am seeing u behaving like a child here. The holiday on Monday is just given you another time to add to your way. If your new environment is not having impact on you, I wonder what else will do that for you. I have tried as much as possible to be gentle and civil with you. The problem with you is clear, what you don't have, you can't give. Kin la gbe, kin le ju, over what to result to insult and name calling. I hope you will learn how to relate with people even in the light of misunderstanding, this is necessary for your future.

1 Like

Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2012
LFJ:

Well, this is not the 1st time am seeing u behaving like a child here. The holiday on Monday is just given you another time to add to your way. If your new environment is not having impact on you, I wonder what else will do that for you. I have tried as much as possible to be gentle and civil with you. The problem with you is clear, what you don't have, you can't give. Kin la gbe, kin le ju, over what to result to insult and name calling. I hope you will learn how to relate with people even in the light of misunderstanding, this is necessary for your future.

Like I said . . . .
Kobojunkie:

oh! I have always known this is an open forum . . . just never understood why supposed adults think it is sensible to go around telling people what they can or cannot post , like you have been doing all this while. It makes me wonder if they realize that this is an [b]OPEN [/b]forum, and not their parlour where they can decide who stays and who leaves.

1 Like

Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by LFJ: 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Like I said . . . .

Best of luck to you, may good people of Chicago have the ability to reshape the mind and mouth of a man who suddenly become the masters of ignorant in his small world.
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
LFJ:

Best of luck to you, may good people of Chicago have the ability to reshape the mind and mouth of a man who suddenly become the masters of ignorant in his small world.

Again .. . . .
Kobojunkie:

oh! I have always known this is an open forum . . . just never understood why supposed adults think it is sensible to go around telling people what they can or cannot post , like you have been doing all this while. It makes me wonder if they realize that this is an OPEN forum, and not their parlour where they can decide who stays and who leaves.

grin grin grin grin
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by SisiKill1: 10:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
Is Crystal Owonubi living in a ramshackle mud hut with no modern water system? Is she having to go poo in some hole at the back of her hut? Does she have to go fetch water in the stream? Go to the farm for her food? If she had to do all these in spite of the fact that she could be in the US having her grocery delivered to her while she sits stressless in a concrete home with a modern sewage and system, I will understand what the[i] barabara[/i] over her living in Nigeria is all about.

If anything, Crystal Owonubi is probably living a far better life than majority of her neighbors in Jos. She probably has housemaids, houseboys and drivers up the wazoo. She will mostly likely be treated with more respect than the average Nigerian. One has no doubt that if Crystal goes anywhere in Nigeria for any kind of service. . .she would be given top priority. So what exactly is this hardship she must be facing and why should be applauded for not leaving Nigeria? Why on earth would anyone want to leave all of that and come back to a place where she's just another Jane Doe off the streets?! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please enough with this Jealousy stuff, it is just so childish even though. . .Ironically, it punctuates the essence of this thread and what many are arguing against, which in case anyone still doesn't get it is - A white person is no more unique than or superior to a black person, so no need for this nonsense about being a "rare breed" (as opposed to what. . .the common breed of Nigerians?.

Besides, some of us have close white friends who are married to Nigerians, we even introduced them sef. So no jealousy, see because we know they are just another human being.

1 Like

Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by SisiKill1: 11:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
Again this is not "slating" Crystal Owonubi. . .She has a right to tell her story, just like I do on my blog (not an advertisement tongue) despite the fact that I know what I am going through is not unique to me. This is about "slating" the people who think just because she is WHITE and living in Nigeria. . .her story is out of this world unique.
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by LFJ: 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again .. . . .

grin grin grin grin

I repeat the same prayer for you "best of luck to you, may good people of Chicago have the ability to reshape the mind and mouth of a man who suddenly become the masters of ignorant in his small world" Thank God you use the world supposed, if you call me adult, I gladly accept it, if it by age you lost it, if it is by level of maturity, I advice you to toe similar line and not exhibit thuggery attitude on all issues.
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
LFJ:

I repeat the same prayer for you "best of luck to you, may good people of Chicago have the ability to reshape the mind and mouth of a man who suddenly become the masters of ignorant in his small world" Thank God you use the world supposed, if you call me adult, I gladly accept it, if it by age you lost it, if it is by level of maturity, I advice you to toe similar line and not exhibit thuggery attitude on all issues.

I don't think God answers stup_id prayers made by those seeking to cut off the right of others to post their opinions as they choose. God is not an evil God, nor does he pander to the desires of those who seek nothing more than to silence the right of others to speak their minds. grin grin grin So, yeah . . . . stop trying to drag him into this thinking he is on your side. undecided undecided undecided

As I said . .
Kobojunkie:

grin grin grin grin

I didn't say anything about you being an adult. Since the age requirement to post on Nairaland is at least 18, I figure you ought to be one (I mean at least 18 years of age) but then, I can't not be sure as your posts don't seem to contain evidence of this.
Yes, English comprehensions skills are a most when you are trying to debate in a forum where English is the accepted language. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by coogar: 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
If anything, Crystal Owonubi is probably living a far better life than majority of her neighbors in Jos. She probably has housemaids, houseboys and drivers up the wazoo. She will mostly likely be treated with more respect than the average Nigerian. One has no doubt that if Crystal goes anywhere in Nigeria for any kind of service. . .she would be given top priority. So what exactly is this hardship she must be facing and why should be applauded for not leaving Nigeria? Why on earth would anyone want to leave all of that and come back to a place where she's just another Jane Doe off the streets?! cheesy cheesy cheesy

it seems you have completely lost touch of what's happening in nigeria - cynthia is a potential hotcake for thousands of kidnappers lurking around nigeria these days...

Please enough with this Jealousy stuff, it is just so childish even though. . .Ironically, it punctuates the essence of this thread and what many are arguing against, which in case anyone still doesn't get it is - A white person is no more unique than or superior to a black person, so no need for this nonsense about being a "rare breed" (as opposed to what. . .the common breed of Nigerians?

in the context of the security in nigeria, she's unique especially in the north where she could be kidnapped by boko haram or other miscreants trying to make the quick buck. who is more prone to danger in nigeria? a white american citizen or sisikill? call a spade what it is - i really think it's rare to see a woman of her ilk staying in nigeria cos she's married to a nigerian!

1 Like

Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by LFJ: 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't think God answers stup_id prayers made by those seeking to cut off the right of others to post their opinions as they choose. God is not an evil God nor does he pander to the desires of those who seek nothing meaningful for others. grin grin grin So, yeah . . . . stop trying to drag him into this thinking he is on your side. undecided undecided undecided

As I said . .

"best of luck to you, may good people of Chicago have the ability to reshape the mind and mouth of a man who suddenly become the masters of ignorant in his small world"

I can see why the above is a stupid prayer to you. I have nothing against you, my advice to you is simple, be cultured and civil in your ways to people and I expect you to have learn that from your new home if you lack that before. Life is a cycle, we never know where we can meet, so when you argue you try to give that chance. Meaning that no matter what the argument be humble in your approach and never argue with your mind and eyes close. I hope this will help you if you are in the category of those who appreciate the truth.
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by MrsChima(f): 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
Oh lawd...when stating anything about white folks even it is harmless..bojangles and crew will bust their backs to defend the helpless as if they are in the will or heir to a throne.

Is it really that serious that people have to be defensive

Is this a prank Geez!!
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2012
LFJ:

"best of luck to you, may good people of Chicago have the ability to reshape the mind and mouth of a man who suddenly become the masters of ignorant in his small world"

I can see why the above is a stupid prayer to you. I have nothing against you, my advice to you is simple, be cultured and civil in your ways to people and I expect you to have learn that from your new home if you lack that before. Life is a cycle, we never know where we can meet, so when you argue you try to give that chance. Meaning that no matter what the argument be humble in your approach and never argue with your mind and eyes close. I hope this will help you if you are in the category of those who appreciate the truth.

Like I said. . .

Kobojunkie:

I don't think God answers stup_id prayers made by those seeking to cut off the right of others to post their opinions as they choose. God is not an evil God, nor does he pander to the desires of those who seek nothing more than to silence the right of others to speak their minds. grin grin grin So, yeah . . . . stop trying to drag him into this thinking he is on your side. undecided undecided undecided

As I said . .

I didn't say anything about you being an adult. Since the age requirement to post on Nairaland is at least 18, I figure you ought to be one (I mean at least 18 years of age) but then, I can't not be sure as your posts don't seem to contain evidence of this.
Yes, English comprehensions skills are a most when you are trying to debate in a forum where English is the accepted language. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Also
Kobojunkie:

grin grin grin grin
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by LFJ: 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Like I said. . .

Also

If you run out of ideals, I will never tell you what next to say. When up bringing is a problem, it is not difficult to see. The more I tried to point to you what u lack in public argument the more you expose your type of up bringing. I wish you the best, at a point in your life, you will come to realize the benefit of how to argue in a civil way. Welcome this as the last opportunity you will have from me on this issue. BEST OF LUCK
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
LFJ:

If you run out of ideals, I will never tell you what next to say. When up bringing is a problem, it is not difficult to see. The more I tried to point to you what u lack in public argument the more you expose your type of up bringing. I wish you the best, at a point in your life, you will come to realize the benefit of how to argue in a civil way. Welcome this as the last opportunity you will have from me on this issue. BEST OF LUCK

Like I said . . . .
Kobojunkie:

grin grin grin grin
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by SisiKill1: 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
coogar:
It seems you have completely lost touch of what's happening in nigeria - cynthia is a potential hotcake for thousands of kidnappers lurking around nigeria these days...
Duuuuuuuuude, someone has lost touch with Nigeria alright!!

Whao!! I am afraid to ask what you really think of the country.

But lemme ask you this. . .Do you really think if Crystal Owonubi believed she was in danger of kidnapping and any other dangerous scenarios you can come up with, she would remain where she is?

Now I'm truly done. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by coogar: 11:58pm On Sep 01, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Duuuuuuuuude, someone has lost touch with Nigeria alright!! Whao!! I am afraid to ask what you really think of the country.

nigeria is a shyte country - i am not afraid/have never been afraid to say that anywhere @ anytime. that's what i really think about the country!

But lemme ask you this. . .Do you really think if Crystal Owonubi was in danger, she would remain where she is?
Now I'm truly done. cheesy cheesy

this is why she's unique - the fact that she knows she is in danger and she's still unfazed about the danger! despite what her embassy must have told her about northern nigeria: the persecution of the christians in jos, boko haram bombings, run of the mill criminals looking for the quick buck, etc she's still not deterred to stay in that part of the country - i am nigerian and i would not stay in jos for all the money in this world!
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 02, 2012
coogar:
is it normal to have typed 500,000 words in what you find senseless?

Rotflmao!!

But honestly 500,000 is a gross understatement..
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by tpia5: 5:11am On Sep 02, 2012
Oh lawd...when stating anything about white folks even it is harmless..bojangles and crew will bust their backs to defend the helpless as if they are in the will or heir to a throne.

Is it really that serious that people have to be defensive

Is this a prank Geez!!

i've told these people to stop embarassing nigeria.

the kind of shameless crap that comes off their keyboards, smacks of the kind of idiocy only a desperate goon would post without any sense of decorum.

its amazing how low some nigerian men will descend all in the name of travelling abroad!!!

i blame whoever issued them visas in the first place.
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by tpia5: 6:04am On Sep 02, 2012
One of the reasons this story gets big is because she is living in Nigeria

an austrian woman spent 30+ years living in nigeria as a voodoo priestess and her story did not get big?
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by LongOne1(m): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2012
Nigerians and mouth work sha, if we could come up with a machine that converts words, both typed and spoken, into weapons of warfare, we will be the greatest nation on Earth.

I hope the negative responses won't be what will end up driving the poor woman back to her Country, lol.

Vive l’amour!
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by coogar: 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
tpia@:

i've told these people to stop embarassing nigeria.
the kind of shameless crap that comes off their keyboards, smacks of the kind of idiocy only a desperate goon would post without any sense of decorum.

its amazing how low some nigerian men will descend all in the name of travelling abroad!!!
i blame whoever issued them visas in the first place.

tape it shut before i get your ovaries smashed
you this ignorant ile-ife bred scallywag!!!

getting your diapers wet because a white woman wrote her nigerian experience on the net - you should be ashamed of yourself. i don't even know what to call you: tribalist-racist!!!
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by tpia5: 5:51am On Sep 03, 2012
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by coogar: 11:13am On Sep 03, 2012
tpia@:
^only a b.astard reasons like you.

remain in the gutter, f.ool.

and how would you know if you are not a bastard yourself? you need to work on yourself. your attitudinal nature is so disgusting, it pretty explains why you are still single @ 48!
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by tpia5: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by coogar: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
tpia@:
^a nauseating pile of worthless crap like you calling someone disgusting? your mama is a joke.

my momma? this is exactly what i am talking about: you don't interact like someone that was well brought up in a decent family unit. talking about mothers, do you have one?

why dont you get some desperate old cargo to marry you, then you can talk about single!!!!

i know you get on heat for me but....no thanks! you are too old to be considered! it's the equivalent of obsanjo aspiring to play for real madrid!!!

tpia@:

is that proving too difficult, cougar?

no, madam tpia(nairaland's oldest hag)!!!
i met professor makanjuola recently in a seminar and he confirmed you were his student in 1983. i don't want to belabour the obvious but jeeeez, you are one old coon!
Re: 'I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.' - Crystal Owonubi by tpia5: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Should A Couple Resume Love Making After Delivery? / Change Of Surname. / Women And Heavy Luggage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.