Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,051 members, 7,863,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

I Won’t Globetrot Like My Fellow Governors, Yobe Governor Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Globetrot Like My Fellow Governors, Yobe Governor Says (489 Views)

Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town / Yobe Governor Shuns Minister Over Al-mustapha Rally / Yobe Governor Supports Emergency Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Globetrot Like My Fellow Governors, Yobe Governor Says by Solemntee: 5:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
The Yobe state governor has only visited only one country, Saudi Arabia, for religious purposes.
The Governor of Yobe State has described the frequent foreign travels of State Governors, under the guise of seeking foreign investors, as ‘globetrotting’ and said he would not engage in it.
Governor Ibrahim Gaidam said he would rather use money meant for such trips to provide social amenities in the state.
Mr. Gaidam said the recent ban on foreign trips, imposed on government officials, is to save vital funds for development.
The governor who spoke through his Special Adviser on Political Affairs, Maimala Buni, said on Friday that the government has taken the measure to save scarce resources.
“The state government’s policy of no globetrotting to canvass for investors has saved the state huge resources for development,” Mr. Buni said in Damaturu, the state capital.
“Governor Ibrahim Gaidam has, as a deliberate policy, refused wasting scarce resources on foreign trips and invested in road and other infrastructure that will naturally attract investors.
“Experiences have shown that huge resources were invested in foreign trips without corresponding dividends. So, the governor opted to inject these resources into basic infrastructures that will improve the lives of the people,” he added.
Mr. Buni pointed out that the governor deliberately refused to tour the world except Saudi Arabia, where he went for spiritual obligations.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/98478-i-wont-globetrot-like-my-fellow-governors-yobe-governor-says.html

(1) (Reply)

Do We Have Goverment In This Country? / Tukur To Jonathan: Stop Mubi Mubi Massacre / Most Threads On The Front Page Of Nairaland Should Not Have Made To The Front Pa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.