Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad (23488 Views)

8 Ways To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / How To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Roflmaooooo!!!!
Shymexxx! Oh my lawd!!!
*crying*

Are you an "ermbetshile" Im[i]b[/i]ecile? Bwahahahahahaha

I'm a naija boy!! grin cool
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by hammedkola(m): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
[size=15pt]NO MATTER WHAT?..#IREP9JA and nothing is gonna change that[/size]
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by revlution: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
acidtalk: Concerning the smell of their cloths. I Wonder why people can't spend a few bucks on getting a cologne yet spent frivolously on some certain other items.
Asians even smell worse... sweat, curry, garlic and masala combined.

2 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2012
dozymars:

DO YOU KNOW THAT NIGERIANS ARE THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH, NIGERIANS ARE ALSO ONE OF THE MOST HOSPITABLE PEOPLE.
SO WHY DID'NT YOU MENTION THAT.
STOP DUELING ON THE NEGATIVE ASPECT. APPRECIATE YOUR PEOPLE AND BE A GOOD AMBASSADOR.

NONSENSE!!!
Sufferying and smiling you mean?
Which Nigerians are the happiest in the world?

A nigeria makes heavy and spend it all in one night at the club or mall making noise and shouting like they do in Oshodi, Ojuelegba and Obalende. Then go about borrowing money from friends and enemies the next morning. Thereafter become a ghost because they are hiding from their creditors.

Nigerians are wasteful and if wastefullness is what you term is being Happy, no wonder your politicians are all Happy at your expence.

2 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by myharry: 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
[quote author=acidtalk]Whether Home or Abroad wherever you come across a Nigeria you might be skeptical of their origin (usually place of birth). But as soon as you hear a Nigerian who grew up and have a better part of their life spent in Nigeria, you can easily tell from their use of words and pronunciation.

Below are some of the words and pronunciations used by Nigerians both within Nigeria and outside.

* I want to Drop : this is when they are making their intention know they want to alight from a bus, taxi or car.

* Where's my change : this is to show they are waiting to collect their balance after a purchase.

* God dey : they are expressing their dissapointment in an event or feel cheating.

* E go better : When they believe there's hope in a current situation they are presently not happy about.

Others are :
* Jumpig of queues

* Speaking in loud voice

* Rushing to take a train, cab or bus and also in a hurry to alight
* Talking for hours and shouting while making use of a public phone boot.

* Talking so loud on the Hotel hallway.

* The highest spender in clubs, bars, malls and event centre.

* the man that keeps talking aloud inside the cinema.

More to come soon.
no matter what u pple are saying about naija, i proud to be a nigerian
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by dasparrow: 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
acidtalk: Most times it is the odour of the luggage.

Nigerians don't believe in colognes, roll-ons and body sprays, Air-fresheners, canfos and cupboard sprays.
The prefer moving around with the "dusty and damp smell" that emanates from their closets.

You should have said "many" or "most" Nigerians but to generalize that all Nigerians don't believe in colognes, roll-ons, body spray is a stereotype. My family and I are Nigerians and I still remember as a child sneeking into my older siblings' room and using their deodorants and roll ons. This was back in the mid to late 80s and beyond. My mom's younger sister is also an avid user of deodorant which she applies after taking her morning and evening shower/bath. I also use deodorants and light scented colognes. I guess personal hygiene just happens to run in my family. I am not disputing that you don't have Nigerians who don't use deodorants and the likes but to insinuate that all Nigerians don't use deodorants is not only false but also prejudice and malicious.

4 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by mikeuz(m): 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
@OP you are really jobless, but you are also right•
Let me be quick τ̲̅ȍ point out that most of those points are associated with Nigerians that are not well cultured• So incase you travel to any other country next time, try associate yourself with responsible nigerians and you will be surprise with the level of discipline and intelligence they emanate. •
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by dasparrow: 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
Litmus: Don't know about weird, but, the shiniest and cleanest looking blacks often turn out to be Nigerian. Another observation, if you're looking for so-called "typical African characteristics", you will miss 8 out of 10 Nigerians.

Well said. I will use myself as an example. When fellow Africans from other African countries see me, they think I am Gambian or Senegalese. They become shocked when I tell them I am a Nigerian.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
mikeuz: @OP you are really jobless, but you are also right•
Let me be quick τ̲̅ȍ point out that most of those points are associated with Nigerians that are not well cultured• So incase you travel to any other country next time, try associate yourself with responsible nigerians and you will be surprise with the level of discipline and intelligence they emanate. •

If I were in you shoes, I swear I wouldn't have commented on this thread because you only showed the over 1billion people on planet Earth how pathetic your life is.

1st I am jobless but also correct.
2nd you comment on a jobless man's thread and agree with his views.

Are you sure you aren't the fellow that donated your Brain to 190 for his brain transplant?
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by KINGwax(m): 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
acidtalk: ^^^
With all modesty and humility, I have traveled to at least 16 countries both within Africa and Over seas and I will tell you I have personally witnessed more than 95% of the above listed points.

Nigerians are VERY Lousy (even while trying to talk gently). I have seen a situation where the hotel security called their team to come settle a scuffle on the walkway only to find out our fellow Nigerians were only cracking jokes and laughing. The white men thought 'we' were fighting.
pls take a trip to better places and stop visiting jamaica, south africa, brazil and dakar, and some other fuckin lousy places and shut your fucck up! I hate u idiotts who jes talk trash like the OP. Fools
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
KINGwax: pls take a trip to better places and stop visiting jamaica, south africa, brazil and dakar, and some other fuckin lousy places and shut your fucck up! I hate u idiotts who jes talk trash like the OP. Fools

And what other Country can be better than USA, Uk, Australia, and Canadan (yet to visit the last but soon).

So if there's a better country on planet earth please let me know because some of you just come out and can't just hide your hatred and envy.

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by mikeuz(m): 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
What FOOL creates a post and insult everybody that have other views contrary τ̲̅ȍ his post; ACIDTALK.

Peepz don't blame him,he still has much growing up τ̲̅ȍ do.

Oopps am waiting for you τ̲̅ȍ confirm your foolishness by replyin with an insult.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by dasparrow: 5:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
dozymars:

DO YOU KNOW THAT NIGERIANS ARE THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH, NIGERIANS ARE ALSO ONE OF THE MOST HOSPITABLE PEOPLE.
SO WHY DID'NT YOU MENTION THAT.
STOP DUELING ON THE NEGATIVE ASPECT. APPRECIATE YOUR PEOPLE AND BE A GOOD AMBASSADOR.

@Bolded

That is too much to ask of the average Nigerian oh! Nigerians thrive at pulling each other down and bad mouthing their fellow compatriots to outsiders/foreigners. They forget that by bad mouthing their compatriots to outsiders, they themselves are tarnishing their own reputation as well since they are Nigerians too. A child who goes to tell the world that her mother is a prostitu[b]t[/b]e is unknowingly calling herself a basta[b]r[/b]d in the process as well. Hence, Nigerians who are fond of constantly bad mouthing other Nigerians to non Nigerians are not really doing themselves a favour or painting themselves in a positive light.

2 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by dasparrow: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
@Post

Some Nigerians can be loud but the behaviour of the average Nigerian is no different from what I see in people of other nationalities. The average American for instance is a very loud talkative person. Many americans also cuss alot like drunken sailors. I recall a white american former co-worker of mine who claimed she travelled to her husband's country (england) and there she met some american tourists who were so loud and were also nagging all over the place. She told me she felt ashmamed being an american that day.

The bottom line is that loud, obnoxious, badly behaving people exist in all cultures, nationalities and racial groups. I see the way alot of white people misbehave and act unruly in Nigeria because they know that inferiority complex stricken Nigerians will let them (whites) get away with s[b]h[/b]itty behaviour that they would otherwise not get away with in their home countries of europe, north america or wherever the heck it is they came from.

As for bad body odour, you try sitting next to a sweaty oyibo on a hot summer day who is reeking of garlic and whatever else he/she had eaten. Oyibo invented deodorants yet many (not all) smell like wet dogs or some other kind of smell that I can't even describe. In the winter it is even worse because many don't take their showers/bath often and hence stink up to high heavens. I have spent a greater chunk of my life living in the western world so I know what it is I am talking about.

6 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by buchibabe: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
1.Chewing chewing stick
2.Carryin a baby on d back(south east,london)
3.Shouting "iya basira so wa pa?"Across d road(peckham,london
4.Sighting dia loud geles sitting on dia heads on sunday mornings n obstructin oda pples view in a bus

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
I dont see why those traits are a vice. Nigerians are the show changers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria / The “Lagos Light Rail” Project: 27 Things You Should Know About This Project / 3d Renderings Of Lagos Rail Stations Vs After Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.