Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad (23490 Views)

8 Ways To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / How To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by alajor(m): 7:57am On Sep 04, 2012
Here in south africa,south africans and other african people living here say they can always tell when they c a 9ja pikin bcus.....1st,by our looks...they call us big nigerian cus they think most nigerians r big....2nd,we r always very loud when we talk especially on monday mornings after d weekends premiership,chei cum c arguement,chelsea this,arsenal that,man u the other.lol
3rd,when we r on d phone cum here shouting...4th,our mode of dressing. Whenever a traffic officer stops me here in south africa when I'm driving,he checks my license disk then comes over to d drivers door and d first thing they usually say is "OGA". So I believe facially u can most of d time know a nigerian even before he speaks.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 8:48am On Sep 04, 2012
^^^
Thanks my brother. And some people are here insulting themselves and not me because I stated the obvious that Nigerians are lousy home and abroad.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 04, 2012
acidtalk:

My English teacher at the Adult Night School told me just last week that change is wrong. I

The term change is still used here in the UK..
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 04, 2012
One of the ways to identify MOST NIGERIANS is by their Impatience& DISHONEST BEHAVIOR!

No offense but most Nigerians are quite impatienT and not TRUSTWORTHY! Except quite a few though!
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by igubesteve(m): 10:23am On Sep 04, 2012
Naija's no send
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by igubesteve(m): 10:27am On Sep 04, 2012
Naija's God will give u more power to do that
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
shocked shocked shoo! grin

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by DAVE5(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
D only truth abt d op's post is where he said they spend d most wen in clubs or ashi joints
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by richeyy(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2012
acidtalk: ^^^
Thanks my brother. And some people are here insulting themselves and not me because I stated the obvious that Nigerians are lousy home and abroad.

It's so annoying when I see a Nigerian spend few years in the western world & he automatically thinks he is white. Hello..! Who are you deceiving? If you like spend the next 50 years wandering the world, you are a Nigerian & a Nigerian you will always be! It's mostly fugiti[v]es I know that wander the world aimlessly grin grin
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by mspookie: 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
ringtone lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by charlsecy4(m): 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
gbosaa:
The term change is still used here in the UK..

Thank you for educating the know-all acidtalk. Change is the amount of money you get back when what you gave in payment is greater than the value of the article you paid for. It is not balance as some individuals wrongly think. Balance is the amount of money or resources that is still remaining for a complete payment to be achieved.

@acidtalk, an example will help you:

Balance
Mr. A is selling a bag of beer priced at N20. Mr. B wants to buy the bag of beer, and pays N15. He is still owing Mr. A N5. This N5 is what is called balance.

Change
Mr. A is selling a bag of beer priced at N20. Mr. B wants to buy the bag of beer, and pays N50. He pays an excess of N30. This N30 is what is called change. Mr. B will receive N30 from Mr. A.

A buyer receives change, while a seller receives balance.

2 Likes

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
^^^
I want to believe you didn't read through the entire pages. If you had, you would know it was irrelevant to have used the statement " Mr know all acidtalk".

From the onset, I never for once argued I was right on the statement immediately someone pointed it out to me.

Thanks for the example all the same.

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by IYANGBALI: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
acidtalk:

na that yawning go kill you.
Kai the thing pain you no be small,Abeg me too dey yawn o
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by nanalady(f): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
acidtalk:

na that yawning go kill you.

cursing and swearing @ d slightest opportunity..... grin
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Theblessed(f): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
[size=16pt]Have you considered our loudness? undecided

What about our dominating the conversation and intimidating others with our opinions that normally goes on here, on Nairaland?

Just to add on your list.
[/size]
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Daluuzor(m): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
OP, pls try and check out d difference between "change and balance" in ur dictionary. Change is d money received in return for its equivalent in a larger denomination or a different currency. it can also be d balance of money received wen d amt u tender is greater than d amt due. Balance is something left after other part has been taking away, eg when u make withdrawals frm ur bank account, the money u have left, after ur withdrawal, is ur balance. No harm intended pls.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by mruknaijaboy(m): 1:55am On Sep 05, 2012
alajor: Here in south africa,south africans and other african people living here say they can always tell when they c a 9ja pikin bcus.....1st,by our looks...they call us big nigerian cus they think most nigerians r big....2nd,we r always very loud when we talk especially on monday mornings after d weekends premiership,chei cum c arguement,chelsea this,arsenal that,man u the other.lol
3rd,when we r on d phone cum here shouting...4th,our mode of dressing. Whenever a traffic officer stops me here in south africa when I'm driving,he checks my license disk then comes over to d drivers door and d first thing they usually say is "OGA". So I believe facially u can most of d time know a nigerian even before he speaks.

what do you mean they call us big nigerian? i dont understand that one, can you explain that one to me bros?
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by davidif: 4:47am On Sep 05, 2012
acidtalk: i believe you cant just depict a Nigerian by mere looking at them.

Really?? i can and a lot of other naija people over here can.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by davidif: 5:31am On Sep 05, 2012
buchibabe: 1.Chewing chewing stick
2.Carryin a baby on d back(south east,london)
3.Shouting "iya basira so wa pa?"Across d road(peckham,london
4.Sighting dia loud geles sitting on dia heads on sunday mornings n obstructin oda pples view in a bus

Wow!! are you so insecure about your culture that you put it down? What is wrong with someone being comfortable in their skin. Gosh, you Nigerians are so fake.

1 Like

Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by davidif: 5:41am On Sep 05, 2012
mruknaijaboy:
what do you mean they call us big nigerian? i dont understand that one, can you explain that one to me bros?

People assume that Naija people are really big in stature.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by jpphilips(m): 7:51am On Sep 05, 2012
dozymars:

DO YOU KNOW THAT NIGERIANS ARE THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH, NIGERIANS ARE ALSO ONE OF THE MOST HOSPITABLE PEOPLE.
SO WHY DID'NT YOU MENTION THAT.
STOP DUELING ON THE NEGATIVE ASPECT. APPRECIATE YOUR PEOPLE AND BE A GOOD AMBASSADOR.

please don't mind the evil spirited poropo, he forgot that Nigeria is the only country in the world that will withdraw its police from her citizens, to secure a foreigner whose country failed to make it on the map.

The only country whose citizens are jobless while ex convicts from other countries work without a permit.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by buchibabe: 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
davidif:

Wow!! are you so insecure about your culture that you put it down? What is wrong with someone being comfortable in their skin. Gosh, you Nigerians are so fake.

Where did dis mda fucking blockhead come out from? Did u read d topic well at all?abi na my body u wan practise macho? Is it nt weird to see pple chewing sticks nt toothpick o,in a local manner in publc places?abeg park ur kabukabu well jor
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by acidtalk: 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
buchibabe:

Where did dis mda fucking blockhead come out from? Did u read d topic well at all?abi na my body u wan practise macho? Is it nt weird to see pple chewing sticks nt toothpick o,in a local manner in publc places?abeg park ur kabukabu well jor

So many people just wanna comment and end up displaying their ignorance.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by davidif: 5:03am On Sep 06, 2012
buchibabe:

Can't you come up with a reasonable coherent comment to defend your stance than resorting to childish remarks? Gosh, its like every time one comes to this thread, it seems one's IQ just reduces by several points. Goodness gracious.
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by erico2k2(m): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
brain54: omo my battery don low oh...
guy buy I better pass my neighbor grin grin grin
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 30, 2012
Dress code or accent
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by erico2k2(m): 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Dress code or accent
whats the Nigerian dress code abroad? grin grin
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
erico2k2:
whats the Nigerian dress code abroad? grin grin
the traditional attires wch are pretty cool (well some), some have a habit of over dressing...its like he puts on every expensive piece of clothing he has, regards of whether he looks like a rainbow or not... and the famous wizkid haircut
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by erico2k2(m): 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
mondi_cheeks: the traditional attires wch are pretty cool (well some), some have a habit of over dressing...its like he puts on every expensive piece of clothing he has, regards of whether he looks like a rainbow or not... and the famous wizkid haircut
well i though all what you just mentioned where viable only in Nigeria
Re: Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad by ceejayluv(m): 10:20am On Aug 31, 2014
acidtalk:

I concur with you on this.
This traits are more profound with people who grew up in Lagos, Warri, Benin and maybe ibadan.
Include Onitsha, Aba....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The “Lagos Light Rail” Project: 27 Things You Should Know About This Project / Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? / 3d Renderings Of Lagos Rail Stations Vs After Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.