Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340914 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
My hair is low so cant do bantu knot
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
cocospice:
My hair is low so cant do bantu knot

hmmmm..if possible could you find a picture online
that kinda resembles your hair?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
MsDarkSkin: smiley smiley

Her starting point:

^^result.

She has great growth. I came across her youtube video last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVMjsejV7XY

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
Yield:

She has great growth. I came across her youtube video last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVMjsejV7XY

YES!! cool cool
i've checked her out a few times.
cool chick.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
Mzdarkskin, thats my hair.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
cocospice: Mzdarkskin, thats my hair.

Oh ok.
You could try some S curl creams. smiley

they act as conditioners, leaving your hair soft
with natural looking curls. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-4M67891E

how she curls her hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jZqh3awsK0
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
Curling TWA hair with olive oil gel. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYPKpATRe6g
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
TWA hair curls. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
nice, how i wish it will be easy to get hold of the products.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
cocospice: nice, how i wish it will be easy to get hold of the products.

Any leave in conditioner will do the trick really hun.
the brands don't really matter. smiley

are you located in nigeria?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Any leave in conditioner will do the trick really hun.
the brands don't really matter. smiley

are you located in nigeria?

yea am in NIGERIA
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
cocospice:
yea am in NIGERIA

I'm sure you guys have beauty shops you can
visit to get products. smiley Again the brand doesn't
matter it's all about the treatment.

Simply wash (shampoo and condition) your hair.
Grease your scalp and apply a leave in conditioner. smiley

to keep the natural curls in you can apply a cheap styling gel
it just as long as it's in moderation. You don't want too
much gel in your hair otherwise it would damage it.

Personally I haven't see all of your hair but it looks fine as is in
that pik. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

I'm sure you guys have beauty shops you can
visit to get products. smiley Again the brand doesn't
matter it's all about the treatment.

Simply wash (shampoo and condition) your hair.
Grease your scalp and apply a leave in conditioner. smiley

to keep the natural curls in you can apply a cheap styling gel
it just as long as it's in moderation. You don't want too
much gel in your hair otherwise it would damage it.

Personally I haven't see all of your hair but it looks fine as is in
that pik. smiley
ok tnx babes
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 18, 2013
no problem. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 18, 2013
Wow!!! Am so happy to come across this thread. I went natural since sept 2011 and since den I ve not looked back. But d problem am having is dat my natural hair is very tough and gives ne headache when I comb it. Its even worse when I wash it,cos it shrinks and I can't comb it very well. Pls @ all what do u advice,how can I make it soft and easy to comb. Thanks. And also,pls wat is TWA
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
shiloh: Wow!!! Am so happy to come across this thread. I went natural since sept 2011 and since den I ve not looked back. But d problem am having is dat my natural hair is very tough and gives ne headache when I comb it. Its even worse when I wash it,cos it shrinks and I can't comb it very well. Pls @ all what do u advice,how can I make it soft and easy to comb. Thanks. And also,pls wat is TWA

Can u upload a picture of ur hair let’s see it.
I have a feeling u have my type of hair. In general there are some basic rules to natural hair care
1. Ur hair is natural not relaxed, stop applying the same methods u used to treat ur relaxed hair
2. Always detangle your hair while it’s still wet (some also prefer when loaded with conditioner too - I've tried both method and prefer the wet method better)
3. Never ever comb your hair while it’s dry (ure asking for trouble)
4. Always twist or plait hair after detangling to stretch the hair out and prep for whatever style u choose to wear.
5. Always sleep with a scarf or net (some suggest satin scarf or net - I don't really have the time or strength for that. I'm good as long as it’s tied up)
6. Only use a wide tooth comb. If u must comb/brush hair while dry (even though I don't recommend it) always start from the ends. Comb gently making sure to work thru all tangles if any and work all the way down. Make sure u're combing in sections. (Again I wud not recommend u comb hair while dry - it can cut ur hair)
6. MOISTURIZE!!!!!!!! I cannot stress the importance. Find what works for u. Shea butter and coconut oil works for me
7. Deep condition!!! Again I cannot stress how important this is. Deep conditioning can be done with any cheap hair conditioner and mix with coconut oil and honey. Or u can do a search online to find out homemade mixes for deep conditioners
8. lastly, take it easy and relax, you just started your journey. Its going to take you a while to figure out ur hair. I've been natural since 2007 and still haven't completely mastered my hair.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
@meddler..thanks a bunch!! U r a darling. U r so on point,I guess am still treating it as if it was relaxed. Would ve posted my pic bt I threaded it after d last wash...mayb when I take d thread off,I will do dat. Threading it makes my hair soft and also noticed improved growth with it. Tanks again dear.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
Wow!! U ve bn natural since 2007 shocked dats very inspiring!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
Wow!! U ve bn natural since 2007 shocked dats very inspiring! I bet ur hair is so long now...
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2013
shiloh: Wow!! U ve bn natural since 2007 shocked dats very inspiring! I bet ur hair is so long now...

Well it wud have been longer if I had mastered my hair not to mention I've cut my hair like several times due to damaged hair. As I said its been a learning process and I'm just beginning to understand my hair.
But I'm getting there. If u go back a page u will see the current length (note that the hair has shrunk considerably).
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by melek: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
^^ awwwwww............. ure so sweet and ure wife is lucky to have a great support system like you
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
melek: My wife went natural in 2012 & I've never seen someone as confident and beautiful as she is.
she maintains it so well that people thinks she fixed this hair.
. Lovely
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
@meddler...what does honey do for the hair,in ur last post u said I can deep condition with conditioner,coconut oil and honey. Also can I replace cocunut oil for olive oil cos I can't get it here. Tanks dear.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
shiloh: Wow!!! Am so happy to come across this thread. I went natural since sept 2011 and since den I ve not looked back. But d problem am having is dat my natural hair is very tough and gives ne headache when I comb it. Its even worse when I wash it,cos it shrinks and I can't comb it very well. Pls @ all what do u advice,how can I make it soft and easy to comb. Thanks. And also,pls wat is TWA

simply apply a leave in conditioner (best if it's shea butter) after you towel blot your hair. i promise it will help ease the pain!!

our hair is VERY curly so naturally it will shrink. but once it's dry you can always manipulate it the way you want. smiley

twa is literally an acronym for "teenie weenie afro" cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2013
shiloh: Wow!! U ve bn natural since 2007 shocked dats very inspiring!

I know right!
In 2007 I was weaved out! grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
Meddler:

Well it wud have been longer if I had mastered my hair not to mention I've cut my hair like several times due to damaged hair. As I said its been a learning process and I'm just beginning to understand my hair.
But I'm getting there. If u go back a page u will see the current length (note that the hair has shrunk considerably).

that's the key "learning your hair". I'm still learning mine.
So far I realized that not all protective styles work with my hair.

Twists outs NEVER come out right but braid outs and bantu knots work wonders. smiley
it just depends on our natural curl patterns.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
melek: My wife went natural in 2012 & I've never seen someone as confident and beautiful as she is.
she maintains it so well that people thinks she fixed this hair.

Bless your heart! smiley
Nothing beats a man who appreciates natural beauty. cool

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
Meddler:

Can u upload a picture of ur hair let’s see it.
I have a feeling u have my type of hair. In general there are some basic rules to natural hair care
1. Ur hair is natural not relaxed, stop applying the same methods u used to treat ur relaxed hair
2. Always detangle your hair while it’s still wet (some also prefer when loaded with conditioner too - I've tried both method and prefer the wet method better)
3. [size=28pt]Never ever comb your hair while it’s dry (ure asking for trouble)[/size]
4. Always twist or plait hair after detangling to stretch the hair out and prep for whatever style u choose to wear.
5. Always sleep with a scarf or net (some suggest satin scarf or net - I don't really have the time or strength for that. I'm good as long as it’s tied up)
6. Only use a wide tooth comb. If u must comb/brush hair while dry (even though I don't recommend it) always start from the ends. Comb gently making sure to work thru all tangles if any and work all the way down. Make sure u're combing in sections. (Again I wud not recommend u comb hair while dry - it can cut ur hair)
6. MOISTURIZE!!!!!!!! I cannot stress the importance. Find what works for u. Shea butter and coconut oil works for me
7. Deep condition!!! Again I cannot stress how important this is. Deep conditioning can be done with any cheap hair conditioner and mix with coconut oil and honey. Or u can do a search online to find out homemade mixes for deep conditioners
8. lastly, take it easy and relax, you just started your journey. Its going to take you a while to figure out ur hair. I've been natural since 2007 and still haven't completely mastered my hair.

@#3 GBAM!! grin grin grin grin
trust me!! any time i try to comb the hair at my temples when it's dry and i try to fight the resistance...INSTANT headache. tongue
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 19, 2013
-
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.