Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. (50221 Views)

Ideal Car Tyre In Nigeria Market / Whats An Ideal Car For A Young First Time Buyer Architect / Your Ideal Car, Favorite Production Car & Car Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by andyanders: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2012
[quote author=bajugbajug]The 700k loan is twice of the savings i already av wit d cooperative.
@zaynee. are u saying dat pple with dat salary scale or range cant afford to buy any good car at all?[/quote

You can get a car like Nissan, Honda accord " Honda Halla"and the maintenance is cheap.and that should be Nineteen nineties model '1990 to 1993 or some Nissan cars within same period to 1995/1996 or Ninety seven range as per age limit. let it be manual gear and not automatic.
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by captalex(m): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
Get an Audi a3 hatchback.very supportive and cool to drive.
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by emenim(m): 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2012
@Chukky234, i concur to what you said, because with his salary of N80k and N700k loan facility. The i deal car to go for would be a Golf 2 and or Toyota starlet, go for a small car please. Happy cruising !!!
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by olusolajames: 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2012
i'd advice you take a good investment policy. It could be with an insurance company, probably with Niger Insurance Plc. I bet in less than 5yrs, you'd realize a tangible sum of money. Please invest!
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by seunfuckgarri: 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2012
Let us assume u collect the loan and buy the car, what is ur imagination if to say car snatchers, snatch the car.
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
All these people where no get savings to fall back on, but they want to drive moto.
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by LaconicINC: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
bros i say you hold on with the car thingy,i support those who say you should rather invest in something that brings you money instead of take from you,a brand new car starts depreciating as soon as you drive it out of where you bought it.If you are talking about buying a land which appreciates in value then i can support you, no go do big man injure yourself, na who wear shoe no where e dey pain am,Be careful of the advice you listen to as far as this issue is concern
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by redcliff: 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2012
Billyonaire: What is golf 3 ?

Golf 3 is a type of meal.
Hiss

3 Likes

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by redcliff: 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
tunde300us: Dont forget to reserve N25K lastma moni too grin But on a more serious note i think driving a car in lagos dont need u to earn 200k/month before u can drive one.This mite sound funny but do u consider how long ur clothes nd shoes will last when u drive urself ?
And the OP said he owns half of the loan ie N350k of the money already,so he is not just borrowing all.My guess is that its a coperative or something

U r totally the smartest man on this forum. I love u bro for this comment especially the shoes and clothes part. #no homo. I mean see all my jeans don tear finish due to all those bus seats with sharp edges. Infact the convenience of having you own car and driving it daily to work cannot be be rivaled.

1 Like

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by omodapson(m): 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2012
seun_fuck_garri: Let us assume u collect the loan and buy the car, what is ur imagination if to say car snatchers, snatch the car.

The same way you can invest and not get any returns on investment and even loose the investment. cool

And same way one can die(God forbid) with millions stack up in personal acct... the money will be useless when you are gone.

I don't think the poster is a fool not to have any plan for the future and getting a car today should not affect his plans if well thought out. 80k no be joke in Naija. How many people earn that?

2 Likes

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by redcliff: 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
omodapson:

The same way you can invest and not get any returns on investment and even loose the investment. cool

And same way one can die(God forbid) with millions stack up in personal acct... the money will be useless when you are gone.

I don't think the poster is a fool not to have any plan for the future and getting a car today should not affect his plans if well thought out. 80k no be joke in Naija. How many people earn that?

Ask him if those people that have cars came from mars? Some people just dey reason like jackass

1 Like

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by redcliff: 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2012
Op, if you aren't paying rent, not taking care of anybody, food also isn't much of a problem and u work and also have a gf who u feel ashamed entering bike and bus with when you are going out or the anger that emantes from you when some passenger steps on u in the bus or the dust and smoke that enters ur eyes from the windows of the bus and u can't close it because of other passengers or u stand at the bustop and say, 'I hope my friends don't see my waiting for bus looking tattered after a long days work and you want to get a car, I would say GO AHEAD!

2 Likes

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2012
@op go for the golf 3
very nice ride
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by seunfuckgarri: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2012
beetle.

1 Like

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by 2mch(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
Golf will be your biggest mistake. lipsrsealed. You will be at the mechanic more than you can afford. Go with a Toyota preferably. Low fuel consumption and low maintenance. I have experienced the horrors of Golf. wink

1 Like

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by linearity: 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
Aqva: Try the Mercedes Benz 190. strong and rugged. Fuel consumption is moderate. Hardly gives issues. Also you can try Toyota Carina E. Fuel consumption is low and it is rugged. Golf 3 is also ok. These cars are ok for aveage and low salary earners. Has none of those useless modern electricals found on modern cars that causes a lot of trouble.
I believe you can get these cars for about 700k or thereabout.

Mercedes 190 for 700k?...that is about $4,700.00......I think you are missing one big zero (0) something like 7000k or 7Mil or $47k?
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by Jybz: 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
i earn less dan 50k monthly...i bought a Nigerian used Hennesey...and it is serving me wella...Guy No matter wat..car is a necessity...der are places u will need to go dat u wunt use cab..its not just to work u need d car...and get oda streams of income...dnt depend on ur salary alone....Shikenan.

1 Like

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by omodapson(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2012
redcliff:

Ask him if those people that have cars came from mars? Some people just dey reason like jackass

Don't mind him joor
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by andyanders: 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
omodapson:

Very Good Response to his msg
[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by sylve11: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
Billyonaire:

I googled Golf 3 and this is what I saw. This car above is not recommended for anyone except mechanics. I can only recommend it if you are going for a brand new. OP, there is no time I see this car on the road with AC working. The drivers are always sweating and having red eyes. Most times, people are always pushing it. Except you live outside lagos, do not buy it cos Okada people will so terrorize you....Wait for your time. Invest the little you have. Many people buy cars to augment their social status, if thats your primary motive, then how augmented will your status be with this thing ? my2cents!
grin[quote author=Billyonaire]

God! I almost faint wit lafter! Some ppl can be so funny sometimes. This post almost killed me, especially the red eyes and mechanics parts. grin grin grin grin cool
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by Peterpan1(m): 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
I think a past model of a honda accord will fit ur personality,or u can go for d big stuff wit d 6 million toyota camry 2012 model,any1 or better still wat about a bajaj keke napep,just kidding,i think d first suits
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by mrrock: 11:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
My brother, you came to Nairaland to seek advise so please listen to the voice of warning. DO NOT BUY ANY CAR YET.
If I see you face to face and tell you my life and journey with cars you would change your mind. Note that the cheaper the car the more expensive to maintain. That's how it is.
I once owned a ford scopio and everyday I will end up at the mechanic. That was my first car and it made me hate cars. When I wanted to sell it nobody agreed to buy. It took a very long time before sold at a give-away-price.

It wasn't until I bought Toyota 4 runner jeep that I began to enjoy cars. I used the Toyota jeep for 2 good years without going to mechanics for any issues other than changing my oils. When I sold it I got half the purchase price quick.

Summary:
A friend of mine who is a car dealer told me that cars don't cost anything to maintain as long as it's priced from N3million upwards. If you buy any car from this range you would have no business with mechanic for 3 years as long as you avoid accident.
This does not mean you can't or shouldn't buy cheaper cars but cheaper cars will cost you more money to maintain.

2 Likes

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by Solowande(m): 1:36am On Sep 08, 2012
If u want my advise, fashi d motor 4 na. But if u insist on buyin d car, then i will advise u 2 go 4 ur level, which is tortoise car 4 a start.
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by Nobody: 4:33am On Sep 08, 2012
linearity:

Mercedes 190 for 700k?...that is about $4,700.00......I think you are missing one big zero (0) something like 7000k or 7Mil or $47k?

U knw wetin u dey talk so? This is benz 190. The car is abt 700k or so. Nigerian used is btw 200-300k. Used it way back. It's a very rugged car.

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by leeland(m): 5:11am On Sep 08, 2012
bajugbajug: hello nairalanders, am a civil servant with a monthly salary of btw 70k and 80k and also have access to loan of about 700k.

I cover over 50miles daily(to and fro)and would need your candid advice on a car that i can buy tht befits my status, budget and easy to maintain.

thanks

Guy,what u need is a motor cycle nt a car,its cost effective dan a car.I can assure u willnt regret it.Candid opinion.

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by redcliff: 5:34am On Sep 08, 2012
mrrock: My brother, you came to Nairaland to seek advise so please listen to the voice of warning. DO NOT BUY ANY CAR YET.
If I see you face to face and tell you my life and journey with cars you would change your mind. Note that the cheaper the car the more expensive to maintain. That's how it is.
I once owned a ford scopio and everyday I will end up at the mechanic. That was my first car and it made me hate cars. When I wanted to sell it nobody agreed to buy. It took a very long time before sold at a give-away-price.

It wasn't until I bought Toyota 4 runner jeep that I began to enjoy cars. I used the Toyota jeep for 2 good years without going to mechanics for any issues other than changing my oils. When I sold it I got half the purchase price quick.

Summary:
A friend of mine who is a car dealer told me that cars don't cost anything to maintain as long as it's priced from N3million upwards. If you buy any car from this range you would have no business with mechanic for 3 years as long as you avoid accident.
This does not mean you can't or shouldn't buy cheaper cars but cheaper cars will cost you more money to maintain.

Ah ahn, bros why r u talking like that.
See the car you bought. Ford, for a starter that was a total No, No. U missed the point there.

1 Like

Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by infolekan(m): 5:46am On Sep 08, 2012
[i][/i]just go for a car that leaves you with a lilttle something else on the side(there are already enough suggestions on that).
All these talk on not taking a loan to buy a car & all.....wake up folks, A CAR IS NOT A LUXURY. A car is a must have for everyone & anyone still thinking of it as a luxury is on another planet OR is on reverse time travel.
Re: An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. by inene: 6:33am On Sep 08, 2012
The talk about status is unnecessary. You should rather concentrate on empowering yourself by engaging in a business to generate more income after which you can now buy a car of your choice rather than talking about buying a car to enhance your status. when the chips are down, you will be the one battling with the maintenance of the car and keeping up with running your home and this has nothing to do with status. Usually status exists in the mind of people. Do not live your life trying to impress anybody since in the long run you are left alone to run your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Reasons That Toyota Corolla Was Crowned Nigeria’s Car Of The Year 2019 / Toyota Corolla Emerges Nigeria’s Car Of The Year / Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.