Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? (13460 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by damilarelr(m): 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
floridam: Dana na the airline oooooo.
U no see as them gloss the body of their aircraft with fine fine paint?
Jokes apart, I think they will be more safety conscious this time nd I wouldn't mind flying with them though I go don dey do dry fasting 3 days before take off.

It's unbelievable that some fellow Nigerians can still bet their life on "luck". The Federal government should investigate the cause of the Dana crash and let the House Committee on Aviation inform the general public. A least for the sake of those who lost their family members due to the negligence and incompetence of this Indian businessmen, I expect the FG to make the ban 10 years, so that by the time they come back, most of the useless Dana bosses and engineers would've left the company and the company will come with a new name.

If you dare submit a fake document to the UK embassy in a bid to get a visa, after you have paid the visa fee, you will be refused and banned for 10 years from entering the UK. Now tell me how long should a corporate body be banned not only for importing inferior and incompetent engineers and aircrafts spare parts, but for using it to kill almost 200 people most of which are Nigerians?

This kind of insensitive act on the side of FG will attract more of the likes of Dana Airline to come and "invest" in the country.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Raphd(m): 11:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
Aboti fly ni...if na only dana remain wo i go jog grin
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 07, 2012
No, I won't fly Dana Air.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by ROCKJ1(m): 2:29am On Sep 07, 2012
I will If the price is 5k to any destination in Nigeria.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by yelonelo(f): 2:54am On Sep 07, 2012
Even if their cost is d cheapest,I won't fly Dana. Its either arik or nothing.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Sexxymom(f): 5:49am On Sep 07, 2012
kalufelix: yhu made a lot of sense buh yhu shud learn how to talk
no mind d guy jaree,na him b mo ron. Must people insult to make their point?? Some people sef trully lack MANNER OF APPROACH.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Fiawest(m): 6:05am On Sep 07, 2012
Find Out!:
Thing is, because of the past accident, Dana air is very likely to become the safest local airline in the country coz they will do everything they possibly can (in an ideal situation) to ensure strict adherence to air safety standards. They've learnt the hard way. For those saying they won't fly Dana again, make them come with rock bottom prices, many of una go sing another tune. Lol. I still think the suspension shouldv gone on for longer though, especially as they've been unofficially indicted. But oh well, lets see what happens. They should even lessen Arik & Aero's burden.
Campaign after election....of what use.I will never fly Dana for free,I will manage d terrible road to anywhere in Naija.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by ochallo: 6:10am On Sep 07, 2012
berem: I have said it before, if I have to travel by air,na me and the pilots go siddon for cockpit.I no wan hear any yeye story! I cannot fit shout abeg! undecided

so what are you going to do if they tell you they have a double engine failure? Shout innit?
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Ibadiarann(m): 6:26am On Sep 07, 2012
ochallo:

so what are you going to do if they tell you they have a double engine failure? Shout innit?

Don't mind her. She is just ignorant of things around.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by yomz1e(m): 6:56am On Sep 07, 2012
Hmm, yet we still don't know what caused the original crash on June 3, but the ban has been lifted. Everything in Nigeria is coded and done behind closed doors. There should be a public outcry, I doubt if the families of the deceased were told the black/ white truth. FG are more interested in the revenue it generates for thier coffers. Why is this country so bad at everything? why do we continue to suffer in silence? What guidelines have the FG laid down for air operators after the crash? So many Why's and what's.

I will fly any plane that's going to my destination, once I live my house, my life belongs to God.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by tnktosin(m): 7:06am On Sep 07, 2012
acidtalk: TRUTH BE TOLD YES I WOULD
Two reasons being;

* They have the PRETTIEST AIR HOSTESSES IN NIGERIA
* They give the best snack pack on board.

Dana pretty babes HERE I COME....only me and una on board.
True dat grin, besides it could av happened to any airline.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Kenistry(m): 7:08am On Sep 07, 2012
Why not, i will jst make sure am witout sin, do dat heaven will acept if didnt make it

1 Like

Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Kenistry(m): 7:10am On Sep 07, 2012
yomz1e: Hmm, yet we still don't know what caused the original crash on June 3, but the ban has been lifted. Everything in Nigeria is coded and done behind closed doors. There should be a public outcry, I doubt if the families of the deceased were told the black/ white truth. FG are more interested in the revenue it generates for thier coffers. Why is this country so bad at everything? why do we continue to suffer in silence? What guidelines have the FG laid down for air operators after the crash? So many Why's and what's.

I will fly any plane that's going to my destination, once I live my house, my life belongs to God.
word!
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by wisestfool: 7:18am On Sep 07, 2012
God knows the best, YES, I will
wetin go happen go happen, even u go fly brand new aircraft. wink
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Dannze: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2012
you guys are getting it all wrong.....this same airline will definitely come back with on cossy name later....so if u dont wonna fly...dana, be rest assure u will still fly in their plans, coz if they dont continue biz sef, they will still sell their other planes to other airlines.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Sexxymom(f): 7:50am On Sep 07, 2012
yomz1e: Hmm, yet we still don't know what caused the original crash on June 3, but the ban has been lifted. Everything in Nigeria is coded and done behind closed doors. There should be a public outcry, I doubt if the families of the deceased were told the black/ white truth. FG are more interested in the revenue it generates for thier coffers. Why is this country so bad at everything? why do we continue to suffer in silence? What guidelines have the FG laid down for air operators after the crash? So many Why's and what's.

this is d part where i wish ghost stories where true.atleast one ghost would tell us how and why it happened since the govt; are tryn hard to bury dis issue.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by lolarde(f): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2012
I would definitely fly.
i believe it was one unfortunate incident.
Foreigns airlines crach once in a blue moon and they dont get their license seized.
stop the nigerian mentalty joor.
Dana Air congrats.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2012
If Dana could turn to commercial AirBus...I fit dey board am :DIf Dana could turn to commercial AirBus...I fit dey board am
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by sholasys: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2012
Before i will fly DANA, until the cause of the crash is known. One of the investigators interviewed on Channels TV said it wasn't technical issue and they could not ascertain the root cause of the crash. we need to see a convincing technical detail report of the investigation of root cause and what measure they have put in place to ensure safety. DANA need to convince me why i need to fly them, else DANA is no go Area.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by onyemauwa: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2012
why not? an aircrash can happen to any airline...I still consider DANA the best airline presently in the country...crash or no crash!
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 07, 2012
norrisman: Moronic Nigerians. The grounding of the airline was a precautionary measure whilst investigations into the June 3 crash were ongoing. Now the airline has been given a clean bill of health, I see no reason why one shouldnt fly with DANA. If everyone switched airlines after a crash no major airline will exist today as every one of them has had major crashes in their history.

Why are people still flying Air France after its Concorde crash in Paris and Airbus crash ove the Atlantic?

Why are people still flying US Airways after the crash in the Hudson River?

Why are people still flying British Airways after its 777 crash landed at Heathrow. In fact what happened to the 777 enroute from China was no different from what happened on that unfortunate Dana Air flight. The BA 777 plane lost all power but the pilots and passengers just had the good fortune that it happened within a distance in which they could glide to the airport. They barely scaled the airport's perimeter fence.
The Epistle of St. Norisman! You make a lot of sense though.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by playcharles(m): 9:34am On Sep 07, 2012
all of una they talk like chicken...assuming brt bus was involved in an accident he mean say lagosian no go enter brt bus again,,, flying dana now will be much more safer since they will be much more careful
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by pages(f): 9:50am On Sep 07, 2012
DANA before the crash was the best airline in terms of landing and take off. If you have ever use DANA before and other aircraft you will understand. it unfortunate that people lost their lifes. But lets be sincere, all aircraft are prone to crashes even a brand new one, google it. it all about maintenance and being careful. if there are back in operation, i will prefer them to ARIK any time any day.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by stint(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2012
playcharles: all of una they talk like chicken...assuming brt bus was involved in an accident he mean say lagosian no go enter brt bus again,,, flying dana now will be much more safer since they will be much more careful
What is your basis for concluding they will be more careful . have the culprits been punished . do you know for a fact if anything has been upgraded.
even if they are now world class , I believe they should still not be patronized by Nigerians as punishment for wasting the lives of the 200
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Limaoscar: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2012
Regrettably yes, I will fly Dana if that's the most optimal option at the time and in an emergency type situation....yep why notundecided
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2012
Thank God they are back. I will fly by next month by Dana. It is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgement. If it is not my time I cannot die. The people in the ground that died didn't take the flight. What makes you think that the plane will not fall on you head.
Dana all the way to Phc from Lagos. Pls start operation in time.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by hardbody: 11:17am On Sep 07, 2012
I regularly fly first nation which I have been told rose from the ashes of bell view or one of those other crashed and dead airlines. I will have some fear in boarding Dana but then, I always will fly any of those crafts and trust in God to save all other passengers because of me
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by kemifemi: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2012
I'll rather take keke napep to abj and take paracetamol afterwards than fly dana and die of heart attack or burn to death.
Nigerians love their lives.Despite d economic situation we in,we still cherish our friends and family.
Dana will die a natural death. Just watch and see
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by naijababe2(f): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2012
berem: I have said it before, if I have to travel by air,na me and the pilots go siddon for cockpit.I no wan hear any yeye story! I cannot fit shout abeg! undecided

Ma sister berra take Parachute cheesy
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by Dee60: 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2012
norrisman: Moronic Nigerians. The grounding of the airline was a precautionary measure whilst investigations into the June 3 crash were ongoing. Now the airline has been given a clean bill of health, I see no reason why one shouldnt fly with DANA. If everyone switched airlines after a crash no major airline will exist today as every one of them has had major crashes in their history.

Why are people still flying Air France after its Concorde crash in Paris and Airbus crash ove the Atlantic?

Why are people still flying US Airways after the crash in the Hudson River?

Why are people still flying British Airways after its 777 crash landed at Heathrow. In fact what happened to the 777 enroute from China was no different from what happened on that unfortunate Dana Air flight. The BA 777 plane lost all power but the pilots and passengers just had the good fortune that it happened within a distance in which they could glide to the airport. They barely scaled the airport's perimeter fence.

Unfair to compare the situation here with those foreign names you are mentioning. You need to mention one single case where an airline came down from the sky! Only in Nigeria....You also want us to quickly forget that AIR FRANCE and all European airlines completely grounded Corcorde after the Concorde crash. Concorde has not flown ever since. You also forget that Airbus of that same cadre that crashed was completely grounded until they discovered what the problem was and that led to the replacement of the speedometers in those crafts. Go and do your research well before you make comparisons.

The truth of the matter is this: IN NIGERIA WE DO NOT VALUE HUMAN LIVES.
Re: After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? by kalufelix(m): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
gzib: Thank God they are back. I will fly by next month by Dana. It is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgement. If it is not my time I cannot die. The people in the ground that died didn't take the flight. What makes you think that the plane will not fall on you head.
Dana all the way to Phc from Lagos. Pls start operation in time.
THIS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Advise, I Have Three Months Visa To Isreal! / FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge / Dana Airlines’ Pilots Embark On Strike, Disrupt Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.