Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,087 members, 7,838,737 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure (14266 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by blaqoracle: 11:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
ACM10: By the way, Ijaws are not united as they claim in newspapers. The former vice chancellor of Niger-Delta University, Yenogoa was an Ijawman from Delta State. These people fought this man because he's not from Bayelsa state. The man has to vacate the post for them.
In Bayelsa state, politicians fights bitterly on where to site federal and state projects. Alams sited Niger-Delta University in his hometown. He even wanted to build an airport in his hometown. Not minding that his hometown does not have electricity and there is no access road to the town.
Bayelsa is one of the few states in Nigeria where nepotism trumps meritocracy. Those folks are stinking of corruption. I spit on their way of life.
lncest is not an abomination to them. That's why a man wanted his nephew to sleep with him before he will give her money to pay for her school fees.
They are very lazy folks that loves easy life. Hard work is lost in the dictionary of most of them. They sit back and wonder why Igbos succeed. None of them has even bothered to learn the secrets of business success from Igbos. All they do is to envy Igbo success.
They claim that Igbos dominate them because Igbos occupy most of the retail shops on the streets of their capital. But they do not bother to find out the owners of the oil wells on their land. This is why I call them f00lish. For every N1 an Igboman makes in Ijawland, a northern politician makes N1million.
They choose Nigeria, yet they will always want Igboman to rescue them from their mess. All they do is to turn back to insult us. What an ungrateful bunch!
i can't tell any of the accusation that the igbos are not guilty of.is robbery, rituals, or greed. the Igbo remain culpable in the present state of nigeria. they Were The Ones That Truncated the first republic.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by asha80(m): 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
blaqoracle: i can't tell any of the accusation that the igbos are not guilty of.is robbery, rituals, or greed. the Igbo remain culpable in the present state of nigeria. they Were The Ones That Truncated the first republic.

thankgod you made this statement as you have fallen in to a trap.the igbos truncated the first republic abi?you said there are no igbos in delta abi?pray tell where did chukwuma nzeogwu come from?

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ACM10: 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
blaqoracle: i can't tell any of the accusation that the igbos are not guilty of.is robbery, rituals, or greed. the Igbo remain culpable in the present state of nigeria. they Were The Ones That Truncated the first republic.

An Ijawman was involved in the Nzeogwu coup. The coup was executed by 11 Igbo officers, 6 Yoruba officers and 1 Ijaw officer. You can see that we are all in this together. So what's your point here?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 11:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
smh , am out of here. its obvious we will be stuck in this country with the same constitution and decay for a long time.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ACM10: 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
asha 80:

thankgod you made this statement as you have fallen in to a trap.the igbos truncated the first republic abi?you said there are no igbos in delta abi?pray tell where did chukwuma nzeogwu come from?

Don't mind those drunken misguided maggots.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by bashr8: 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
ACM10:

Don't mind those drunken misguided maggots.
e don do for you , you started this
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ACM10: 11:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
bashr8: e don do for you , you started this

No problem. I'm out of this thread!
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ZeusI: 11:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
blaqoracle: mind you there is nothing like igbo in neither delta nor edo. go back and read your history very well. the Igbo said they are from jerusalem, these group of persons never claimed so. i Honestly pity the igbos; the civil war seems to have detached them from their true history. the Most Convenient Way To Refer To there same people(bendel) ibo is for then to be called igbo speaking deltan. for Example, we, nigerians, cannot be called english simply because we speak english, that is why we are called english speaking countries.
Wow! What an excellent foolish notion. I guess Anioma people are Ijaws right? Look at who is asking another to read history. Where did you attend your elementary studies?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ZeusI: 12:05am On Sep 10, 2012
ldpele: will authoritative tell you that,that is the clan of the S.A on amnesty. besides,your sounding as if they is anytin wrong in sayn the oil belongs to that region,the coal belongs to the SE n probably the food belongn to the nothern nigeria. this things are strategcialy placed by God n nigerians av decided to abuse their's on the alter of tribe issues,even to some extend of religion as well.
Please can you name one good thing you have acheived with those oil within Ijaw territories? 'For those who make good use of the little they possess; more will be given them, as for those who makes no head-way with the little they have; the little will be taken away from them and given to those who has more'. Do your homework.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 10, 2012
Wow! It's really good to be Igbo in Nigeria.
No body talks in the newspaper without
mentioning Igbo especially in politics! Are igbos
that popular in Nigeria? I thought they were
Defeated in war and no more relevant in the society?
Or is there something special about them?
When sanusi was talking so hard about Islamic bank,
He never miss to mention them undecided
Kogi wants their state oil producing state, they have to scream Igbo greedy as if Igbo give oil states status undecided
Now ijaw wants their own region, they couldn't help but scream about same ppl undecided

Chai! Are these all for real or am I reading too much of NL lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by OneNaira6: 12:11am On Sep 10, 2012
blaqoracle: mind you there is nothing like igbo in neither delta nor edo. go back and read your history very well. the Igbo said they are from jerusalem, these group of persons never claimed so. i Honestly pity the igbos; the civil war seems to have detached them from their true history. the Most Convenient Way To Refer To there same people(bendel) ibo is for then to be called igbo speaking deltan. for Example, we, nigerians, cannot be called english simply because we speak english, that is why we are called english speaking countries.

I was going to ignore this thread until i read this. Nkita la cha gi onu. Ewu. Everyday una wan cause division, speaking for a community that have constantly asked una to stop speaking for us. Ogini bu una problem? I keep telling you history rewritten buffons on NL, if una wan steal land, come take am, why use the internet ro theif and change history, come do it in reality if you dare we dey wait for una. Ewu.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by OneNaira6: 12:14am On Sep 10, 2012
asha 80:

Of course they would never answer that question. Nzeogwu na igbo man but his igbo community do not exist. Village history rewritten fools.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by folahann(m): 12:19am On Sep 10, 2012
I know it is difficult for them to accept but Ijaws are not a major tribe in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 10, 2012
asha 80:

so sharp that I can't help but like ur status.
I wish he can answer you! It's soo funny that
Some don't even know nzeogwu is from Niger
Delta swell lol Atimes I wonder who really
is their History teachers in secondary school!
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by chucks185: 12:28am On Sep 10, 2012
folahann: I know it is difficult for them to accept but Ijaws are not a major tribe in Nigeria
not small, just recently i learnt there's tribe called ijaw in naija
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by odumchi: 12:29am On Sep 10, 2012
Has the Igbo nation declined so much in political relevance that minorities now mention us anyhow?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by BabaTony: 12:32am On Sep 10, 2012
Jonathan an ijaw man is the president of Nigeria, Ijaw has suddenly become the largest ethnic group in Nigeria. The population of igbo, hausa, ibibio,yoruba, edo etc are nowhere near that of ijaw. Na wa oooo. Anyway 2015 dey come, we go know, *singing* - get down on it
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 10, 2012
odumchi: Has the Igbo nation declined so much in political relevance that minorities now mention us anyhow?
When no one talks about u then you are nobody!
Even Cuba as small they be can't get USA outta
Their mouth during cold war!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by mikron(m): 12:45am On Sep 10, 2012
Acidosis: One of the reasons why I MUST VOTE FOR DAVID MARK come 2015. YES I will vote for him because he is from the north central part of Nigeria.
and who is talking about David mark here?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by mikron(m): 12:47am On Sep 10, 2012
sheyguy: They now realise they can't play ethnic politic that seeks to divide and blackmail others forever abi, they av suddenly realized they av little in common with the east abi, it is time to win some support for GEJ: Some support from Parasites, Leeches, Awuf Lovers, Oyel Theives and NURTW abi . . . or how do we explain the fact that they are using the bad state of East-West road to justify their greedy request, when the contract for the said road has already been awarded long ago.
guy no talk about my people like dat o
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by mikron(m): 12:49am On Sep 10, 2012
udezue: Can these foools do whatever they want without mentioning Igbo?
it is ur entire generation dat is a fool
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by mikron(m): 12:51am On Sep 10, 2012
samkoro: Even Ibibio is larger than Ijaw .You can see a CALABAR man in every part of the country.I've personaly encountered thousands of them but I've not encountered up to 15 ijaws in my lifetime and travels
that is where ur reasoning stops. Ijaws are d largest populated tribe in nigeria. Get ur facts right
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 10, 2012
mikron: that is where ur reasoning stops. Ijaws are d largest populated tribe in nigeria. Get ur facts right

Are you sure you know d meaning of largest talkmore of population cry
Ppl here use to say most Nig on nl are cyber cafe workers but atleast b4 I left Nigeria,most cyber cafe workers always finish secondary school,let's assume you dint but atleast you can use google to know the meaning of those words! Or are you a created virus cry
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by BabaTony: 1:14am On Sep 10, 2012
Guys relax right an ijaw is the president so therefore ijaw is the largest ethnic group in nigeria.in fact the population is so high that anywhere there is water there is an ijaw man-all of the atlantic ocean, river niger and benue, lake chad,all other rivers in nigeria are populated by ijaw ppl,even the canals and gutters are all populated by ijaw ppl. I have so many ijaw ppl in my GP tank. I know by 2015 when their "son" is dropped, their population will drop to what we used to know before then the next president's ethnic group will become the largest. So cool-dancing etighi...

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by pazienza(m): 1:15am On Sep 10, 2012
Bia,bashr or whatever you call yourself,kpachara anya gi o! Nkaa bu mbu ina akpa udiri agwa ahu,ya mere nga eji gba gi nkiti, obulu na ozo mee,muwa agaghi agba gi nkiti.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by preciousoz: 1:23am On Sep 10, 2012
Enough of all these.... There's more Tribalism Here than there is in the streets. The Ijaws go around living on borrowed Lands along the coast and now want to claim it as their own (cos oil is found there) that's Pathetic. Igbo Cry for Biafra yet are every Where all over the Country (even in the Dreaded Boko Infested State with Hugh Capital Investments) and some people who are supposed to be educated come here and play the Ethnic Card.

Nigeria will get it right with Time. The problem we have is our Corrupt Leaders that cuts across all ethnicity, these guys eat and drink together, share our common Wealth among themselves and play along the Etnic Divide so they continue their loot without fear of a Revolution (Divide and Rule).

We are Nigerians and that's how we should see ourselves.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Obiagu1(m): 1:37am On Sep 10, 2012
Is South South dead!
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by DeCleff(m): 1:40am On Sep 10, 2012
asha 80: Ijaw rejects six zonal structure
September 9, 2012 by Allwell Okpi 131 Comments

The Ijaw nation has proposed the restructuring of Nigeria along ethnic lines, rather than the current six geopolitical zonal structure.

The Chairman of the Ijaw National Congress, Joshua Benamaisia, told SUNDAY PUNCH that Ijaw people were spread across six states — Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Delta, and Ondo — in two geopolitical zones — South-South and South-West.

Benamaisia said the Igbo nation were entirely within the South-East geopolitical zone, there was need for the Ijaw nation to have its own separate territory.

Benamaisia said the prime aspiration of the Ijaw nation was the establishment of true federalism, where every ethnic group would control the resources in its area.

He said the Ijaw nation had suffered injustice under the current structure and would not drop its demand for the abrogation of the Land Use Act, and other laws that removed the rights of the people over their land and natural resources.

He said, “If not that our constitution does not recognise referendum, there would have been a referendum on how the country should be structured. Since that is not possible, a national conference should be convened so that people can decide how they can continue within sovereignty of Nigeria. But the issue is after the national conference, the resolution will still have to be ratified by the National Assembly; that is what the law says.

“If it is in places where the will of the people is respected, then we can be sure that the National Assembly will pass the resolution of the people. But here we cannot be sure of that.”

Benamaisia said the Ijaw nation would keep pushing the right to control their resource until they get it.

He said, ‘We are not interested in all these talk about revenue sharing formula. Our position is total resource control. It is only when people are allowed to control their resources that they would decide what to do with it.

“For instance, if you are driving on the East-West Road, the roads are so bad and we have resources here and it is used to develop other places. We don’t have infrastructure in our place; neither do we have federal presence in our area. So, we need to control our resource. It is our right.”

Supporting Benamaisia, the spokesperson of the Ijaw Republican Assembly, Ankio Briggs, said Nigeria’s federalism was faulty in not recognising the different ethnic nationalities as units.

“It is not that we do not accommodate other ethnic groups. The Ijaw people have suffered much injustice in this country that we are now looking at the country’s structure based on ethnic grouping. The Ijaw people in Ondo State, which is in the South-West, are not strangers. So there is need for them to be associated with Ijaw people in the other states in the South-South,” she said

http://www.punchng.com/news/ijaw-rejects-six-zonal-structure/
Where are the Ikwerres that denied their brothers ( Igbos ) claiming Niger Delta with the Ijaws? Can they (ikweres) now see that they're left alone because the Ogonis will never accept the Ikwerres neither will the Ijaws.

The Ogoni people & the Ijaws sees the Ikwerres as IGBOS.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by member479760: 1:47am On Sep 10, 2012
what about the Ijaws in Lagos, Benin republic, Togo and Ghana?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by DuduNegro: 1:50am On Sep 10, 2012
@op, first and foremost there is no Ijaw ethnic group in Yorubaland. We have riverine people like Ilaje, Awori,Mahin and so on but we dont have Ijo, Ijaw or Izon in our domain. They are lost again as usual and needing new political territoy after flirting with SE and getting slapped the f.uck back to the creek. We will treat them worse.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Proxytalk: 2:32am On Sep 10, 2012
mikron: and who is talking about David mark here?

I think say na only me see that thing
ebe onye si ona atunye onu
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Ejine(m): 3:15am On Sep 10, 2012
asha 80:

LMFAO! NAILED! grin
The guy is another dullard from the 'Wild Wild West' grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Uncovers Boko-Haram Plot To Attack 10 States / 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election / Vice President Osinbajo To Visit Enugu On Friday (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.