Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,641 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure (14265 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Ngodigha1(m): 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
The Ijaws are the third largest ethnic group in the south south. There are more Ndigbo and Efik/Ibibio in the south south than ijaws.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Afam4eva(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ngodigha1: The Ijaws are the third largest ethnic group in the south south. There are more Ndigbo and Efik/Ibibio in the south south than ijaws.
You're spot on.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
donigspain: What a charade of fools!!!

Asking for Burger when you know ur level is just Akara, We know ourselves In Nigeria, Yes ur son is d president but we all know who decided that, not Micro -Minority IJAW

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
ijaw citizen: No one is asking for a geopolitical zone for the ijaws, what we simply said was that the country is made up of different nationalities so states should be formed along that line to avoid ethnic tensions, resource control and a rapid developement that is not hindered by Abuja.

Then what will happen to the Ijaws( Ilaje) in Lagos,Ogun and ondo, share those states? grin
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Asking for Burger when you know ur level is just Akara, We know ourselves In Nigeria, Yes ur son is d president but we all know who decided that, not Micro -Minority IJAW
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by prettyboi1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
Not again! These drunken men have come with their rubbish again. No resource or mineral within the boundaries of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria belongs to any one region or state not even the producing state(at least not completely). All these minerals/resources belong to the parent government which is the federal government of Nigeria & then the state governments of origin of these minerals can have a certain percentage of it & the generated revenue.
These old drunkards who in my opinion aren't even leaders but mostly thieves keep making noise "oil,oil,oil,oil,oil" as if they use it to drink garri. Most of them are just looking for cheap means of having to control these resources & make their greedy selves rich & gullible fools/citizens/followers from these states would be supporting them as if they would even let them see 1 kobo from it.
On the other hand,we Nigerians are 1 of the most foolish people on the surface of the earth. what's the F'n fuss with this "oil" shyte? This country is super-wealthy & blessed with loaaaddddz of resources that are equally very profitable. For instance in this country, we have tin,we have zinc,copper,coal, etc. So why must we be preferential with certain resources when we could as well have even the most common of our citizens living quite comfortably from all the wealth this country has got? We simply have goats parading themselves in human bodies claiming to be "leaders" in this country. So sad.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Pecca: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
This oil wen they make them madt is very exhaustible. Come to think of it there are Igbos in present day delta, rivers and bayelsa. Maybe we should as well lay claim to these states as there are more Igbos in nigeria than there are lazy Ijaws. Bleep-heads! Mtcheww.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by PointB: 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Let's get a few things sorted out. The word 'provoke' was first smuggled into this discourse by Ndu_Chucks, and I doubt if many of us don't know what his motives are. Let's not fall into his petty bait.

The assertion that Igbo are entirely in the SE could simply mean SE is completely and purely Igbo. Let's pick the positives and leave the details. Whether in Delta, Edo, Rivers, etc and Igboman is Igboman, a leopard cannot change its spots.

To the substantial point of Ijaws wanting a different geopolitical zone, I would ask their strategists to thread with extreme caution. They have been through this path before. During 1967-70, their fear of Igbo domination led them to handover their commonwealth to the North and their collaborators, rather than settle issues with their neighbour of several generation. The consequence reverberates till today, and Igbos have fear much better if I may add.

Another 'Biafra' is shaping up in the current agitation of 'regionalism', what I expect the Ijaw strategists to do is to support this move, which in the end would guarantee that a larger (certainly not all) portion of their resources will be available for their use in the SS zone, where every state has oil. This current agitation for a different zone for them (Ijaw) will be met with stiff opposition mainly from other SS state, and SW who currently support the true Federalism on the basis of the current 6 region will move to secure ondo state oil for themselves. The SE will also move in for Igbo speaking parts of the territories Ijaws are eyeing. In the confusion that follows, no one gets anything new - stalemate! Ndu_Chucks and his aboki friends will laugh, and very loud at that.

A better move for Ijaws and SS at the moment is to support Ohaneze and the Yorubas' proposal, while working to get at least the NC on board to swell the number. When the first huddle is scaled we can go back to our different Zone and work out the minute details - win the war before sharing the spoils. Ijaws should learn from their Biafra blunders, now or never!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
when fishermen drink, this is the outcome!! grin grin

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Chyz2: 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
Wow! The nerve of these dirty b@stards! So chyz* is no longer Igbo? Look at these fools want Igbo support but at the same time what to divide the Igbo so that they can have their way and also snatch Port Harcourt. They will soon really be living in the sea if they don't take time.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by mengi: 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
IJAW OF YESTERDAY, I DEY LAFF

THE FOURTH LARGEST ETHNIC GROUP IN NIG IS ,NOT IJAW BUT ,THE EFIK- IBIBIO.

IT AMUSES ME HOW , ALL OF A SUDDEN, IJAWS ARE NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT ETHNIC GROUP IN NIG. PLS EDUCATE ME, WHEN THE IJAWS CAME TO PROMINENCE IN NIG.

because THEM GET RETADEEN, THEM WANT COME RUB SHOULDERS WITH IGBO. ANUOFIA
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Dainfamous: 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
Toaskarity: Wow! It's really good to be Igbo in Nigeria.
No body talks in the newspaper without
mentioning Igbo especially in politics! Are igbos
that popular in Nigeria? I thought they were
Defeated in war and no more relevant in the society?
Or is there something special about them?
When sanusi was talking so hard about Islamic bank,
He never miss to mention them undecided
Kogi wants their state oil producing state, they have to scream Igbo greedy as if Igbo give oil states status undecided
Now ijaw wants their own region, they couldn't help but scream about same ppl undecided

Chai! Are these all for real or am I reading too much of NL lipsrsealed
we are the power house
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Dainfamous: 2:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
BabaTony: Guys relax right an ijaw is the president so therefore ijaw is the largest ethnic group in nigeria.in fact the population is so high that anywhere there is water there is an ijaw man-all of the atlantic ocean, river niger and benue, lake chad,all other rivers in nigeria are populated by ijaw ppl,even the canals and gutters are all populated by ijaw ppl. I have so many ijaw ppl in my GP tank. I know by 2015 when their "son" is dropped, their population will drop to what we used to know before then the next president's ethnic group will become the largest. So cool-dancing etighi...
grin grin
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
I dey laff oooo
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Ngodigha1(m): 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2012
dayokanu: I dey laff oooo
you dey there dey laff as they don almost snatch ondo state from the ofemanus.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ngodigha1:

Ijaws know that na Igbos be dem mates. Thats why they keep stepping to Igbos anyhow

Any small thing na to step to Igbos, They know Igbos would always in their parasitic nature come to beg them
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Crayola1: 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2012
dayokanu:

Ijaws know that na Igbos be dem mates. Thats why they keep stepping to Igbos anyhow

Any small thing na to step to Igbos, They know Igbos would always in their parasitic nature come to beg them

Don't you have a DNC to attend grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by dayokanu(m): 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2012
Crayola1:

Don't you have a DNC to attend grin

So in your village you no know say dem don finish DNC?

Or you think say DNC na witchcraft meeting wey you dey attend daily? cheesy
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by aljharem(m): 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
Tayo114: Beautiful.

+ 10000 cheesy very beautiful, you see how silly some of our leaders can be ?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by sbeezy8: 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
LOL - this is funny

Ngodigha1:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ijaw-Youth-Council-Apoi-Clan-Ondo-State/221596837858085

Look at the Ijaw page in Ondo state and tell me are they Ijaw or yoruba LMFAO- i CAN ONLY LAUGH. do not bear Ijaw names, Do not speak Ijaw, LOL did not wear Ijaw clothes. LOL
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by sbeezy8: 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
The royalty Obas in Ijaw land (Ondo state)

The empowerment programme was graced by eminent dignitaries across the local government area and beyond, among whom were His Royal Highness, Oba Adeniyi Ajayi, the Agbayi of Igbotu Land, His Royal Highness, Oba M.A Olasehinde, the Jowe of Imikorogha Land, His Royal Highness, Oba Luyi Obatubosun , the Ibini of Ojuala, His Royal Highness, Oba Dr. F.A Omosegbon, the Niyon of Kiribo, Hon. Bamidele Dada,

^^^ Yes Ohh very Ijaw my step mom is from Ojuala Ondo LOL- she can slap someone for calling her Ijaw, Ive never even heard her say anything about Ijaw.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by OneNaira6: 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
sbeezy8: LOL - this is funny

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ijaw-Youth-Council-Apoi-Clan-Ondo-State/221596837858085

Look at the Ijaw page in Ondo state and tell me are they Ijaw or yoruba LMFAO- i CAN ONLY LAUGH. do not bear Ijaw names, Do not speak Ijaw, LOL did not wear Ijaw clothes. LOL

They are Ijaw, not yoruba and neither are they claiming to be yoruba. They are ijaw. Confirmation on page 1 from the article and equally from the facebook link. Leave the community alone for Godsake
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by OneNaira6: 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
Chyz*:
Wow! The nerve of these dirty b@stards! So chyz* is no longer Igbo? Look at these fools want Igbo support but at the same time what to divide the Igbo so that they can have their way and also snatch Port Harcourt. They will soon really be living in the sea if they don't take time.

If you are addressing the article then you are misreading what the author meant. It is a wrong wording on his side. If you are addressing the yoruba buffon that jumped on a member's reply just to talk and cause sh1t then don't mind the 1diot.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by sbeezy8: 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
One_Naira:

They are Ijaw, not yoruba and neither are they claiming to be yoruba. They are ijaw. Confirmation on page 1 from the article and equally from the facebook link. Leave the community alone for Godsake

sharrap boi- they can claim chinese and igbo hausa mixture if they like. at the end of the day this is nigeria, Yoruba first name and last name, first language yoruba, royalty Obas yoruba names and yoruba titles.... LOL

W/E - the ijaw nation cannot even remain one- One section of ijaw speaks yoruba with yoruba names,another one Igbo names and igbo ancestry, another one with ijaw names,another one with Edo names, another with urhobo ancestry, .... Its funny
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by aljharem(m): 10:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin may we they watch cheesy cheesy cheesy nairaland is very interesting
sbeezy8: The royalty Obas in Ijaw land (Ondo state)

The empowerment programme was graced by eminent dignitaries across the local government area and beyond, among whom were His Royal Highness, Oba Adeniyi Ajayi, the Agbayi of Igbotu Land, His Royal Highness, Oba M.A Olasehinde, the Jowe of Imikorogha Land, His Royal Highness, Oba Luyi Obatubosun , the Ibini of Ojuala, His Royal Highness, Oba Dr. F.A Omosegbon, the Niyon of Kiribo, Hon. Bamidele Dada,

^^^ Yes Ohh very Ijaw my step mom is from Ojuala Ondo LOL- she can slap someone for calling her Ijaw, Ive never even heard her say anything about Ijaw.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ldpele(m): 10:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
sbeezy8: The royalty Obas in Ijaw land (Ondo state)

we still do av kids on nairaland,so because ua step mon doesnt like been refer to as ijaw mkes her not to be one,huh?? na wa for pple tots
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by sbeezy8: 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
ldpele: we still do av kids on nairaland,so because ua step mon doesnt like been refer to as ijaw mkes her not to be one,huh?? na wa for pple tots

nonsense,
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by sbeezy8: 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2012
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin may we they watch cheesy cheesy cheesy nairaland is very interesting

lol I dont even need to argue. its ridiculous
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ldpele(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
rooftech: There is no ijaw in akwa ibom or cross river state. Correct this notion and mention the villages where they occupy.akwa ibom has a properly surveyed map
keep draggn who n who is the fourth or largest tribe in nigeria if that is ua problem,mayb u cnt still mke ua household the largest household. idiot
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by OneNaira6: 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
sbeezy8:

sharrap boi- they can claim chinese and igbo hausa mixture if they like. at the end of the day this is nigeria, Yoruba first name and last name, first language yoruba, royalty Obas yoruba names and yoruba titles.... LOL

W/E - the ijaw nation cannot even remain one- One section of ijaw speaks yoruba with yoruba names,another one Igbo names and igbo ancestry, another one with ijaw names,another one with Edo names, another with urhobo ancestry, .... Its funny

Nonsense. Go force them na. Why are you fighting the good fight online. Go to Ondo state and force your ideology on them why don't you.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ldpele(m): 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
torkaka: [b]growing up i use to hear of hausa,igbo,yoruba,fulani,ibibio,kanuri,tiv,nupe,edo! 15years back i started hearing of ijaw,10 years back i started hearing they are one of the largest ethnic groups in the south south next to ibibio, 8 years back i started hearing they are the largest group in the south south, 4 years back i started hearing they are the fourth largest tribe,now i am hearing they want a zone of their own to even with the igbos, in 5 years time i might hear they are the second largest ethnic group in nigeria and in another 10 years the dominant group in west africa! but curiously, i have been around major cities in nigeria, had igbo friends,hausa friends,yoruba friends,ibibio friends, tiv friends,edo friends,nupe friends, i have met these groups almost every where i went and almost see some one from hausa,yoruba,igbo,edo,tiv,ibibio,nupe and kanuri on a daily basis but i hardly see an ijaw person(infact i can count the ijaw people i have met in my life), i have never had an ijaw friend, hardly come across a gathering of ijaws etc!
nigeria sha,its things like this that some people are better left outside the corridors of power![/b]
if u have never had of ijaw,bt have been hearing of iyc,u must b a person most miserable
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by JANK23H(m): 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
okpurukata: Going by that map, Ikwerres, Ogoni and Okrikas will automatically become Ijaws. Odiegwu.
In case you didnt know,okrikas,kalabaris and ogonis are also called ijaws.Nobody talked of Ekweres,they only mentioned the presence of the ijaw tribe in those states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Strikes Out Portion Of Atiku’s Petition Alleging Vote Buying Against VP / Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy / FG Uncovers Boko-Haram Plot To Attack 10 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.