Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,537 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure (14263 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ChrisGnarly: 4:09am On Sep 10, 2012
Who ar even d ijaw pple n where ar they? Where ar they located in these states he mentioned? If they bring them together can they make up a local government? Is it cos they maped out a local gov out of rivers n call it a state? If they ar allowed to control d said resources which other state also hv can they do it? Tell govt to construct roads in area n stop talking rubish. Igbo ar only in south east? This means u ar stupid elder man, dont u hv igbo in ;rivers, delta, plus d SE state? Infact d man just want to be niticed tell hm to sit down.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ChrisGnarly: 4:19am On Sep 10, 2012
Plz can soombody tell who d ijaws are and where they ar located. Ar they up to a local gov? If u gather them? Y nt ask govt to gv them a geo political zone? Where ar they in ondo state? Tell that man to sit down n close up jooo. Igbo he is refering to, ar they nt in rivers,and delta? Y nt ask govt to construct road rather than making rubish statement. If d resouces ar left f u pple can u mange it, other states also hv d same resource too, so y braging? When u pple sabotag d igbos now they ar now u pples problem abi, una never start. Just tell that man to close that his mouth, or i close it from here.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by dayokanu(m): 4:20am On Sep 10, 2012
I dey laff.

Ijaw vs Igbos.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by dayokanu(m): 4:22am On Sep 10, 2012
wellmax: Igbo people at their best. Always interested in tribal wars. OP only made a reference and here they go running their mouth. I hate your attitudes.

Well said
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by dayokanu(m): 4:26am On Sep 10, 2012
Old Wizard: Hmnn whatever happens to SS/SE one people one destiny mantra that dominate other threads?

Abeg follow me ask them ooo.

Are they not joined at the hip again or have they been used and dumped like sanitary pads once again
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by MrUmaRu(m): 4:38am On Sep 10, 2012
Kai, Igbo ? This mans is problem
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by member479760: 5:54am On Sep 10, 2012
Ijaw Nation, Fulani Nation, Igbo Nation and what remain?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Kingsley1000(m): 6:19am On Sep 10, 2012
udezue: Can these foools do whatever they want without mentioning Igbo?
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Kingsley1000(m): 6:27am On Sep 10, 2012
Rayhut: These stupid politicians dont even know the ethinic makeup of Nigeria,the Igbos are not found in SE only they are located in SS also Delta,Rivers and Edo,the Ohaneze ndigbo chairman is from Delta State
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by xtra84: 6:46am On Sep 10, 2012
Dont wory only time will tale muntulas both young n old same tinking facultees
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Moukafoam(f): 7:10am On Sep 10, 2012
ACM10:

Can't these retarrrrddss fight for their rights without poking Igbos? These people thought that we are in perpetual competition with them. Igbos have more important issues to occupy their time. We are not worried about people who cannot see beyond their nose.
The ranting of Ijaw ants hardly draw our attention. Igbos are not in the same league with them. They are simply our stup1id backyard neighbours.
No need to respond to ignoramus who handed their oil wells to abokis from desert, only to turn round to blame Igboman for their woes.
This eed1ot should know that Igbos are the majority in River and Delta state. So we aint bothered by the comment from a drunken misguided Ijawman.

i wonder how u and ur igbo brothers do comprehension? pls highlite with bold letters the part where igbos were provoked in that writeup?

Nna na wah oh!
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Abagworo(m): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2012
I always knew the day will come when this Ondo issue will be addressed once and for all. The so-called Ijaws in Ondo are actually a mix of Yoruba and Ijaw who like the chameleon could pose as any ethnic group of their choice. More like the Okrika and Bonny who are a mix of Igbo and Ijaw. The truth is that they have found out that Ijaw at the moment has advantages over Yoruba and want to switch sides. To me it is shameful and uncalled for.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by rooftech: 7:46am On Sep 10, 2012
They are running away from the truth i.e the fact that the ibibios are the largest ethnic group in south south and the fourth in nigeria.they are all over ph and calabar
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ijawcitizen(m): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2012
asha 80:

look at the quote

he implies all igbos are within se.i guess then that nzeogwu,achuzia,ralph uwaechue are not igbos and asaba is not an igbo town.
I think what he meant was that south east is entirely Igbo. Only fools run when no one is pursuing them, only fools get provoked when no one is provoking them. I want to believe these bigots attacking Ijaw nation are not Igbos cos the Igbos I know are intelligent people who can read a simple write up and understand the content. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by rooftech: 7:50am On Sep 10, 2012
The want to run away from the truth that the ibibios are the largest ethnic group in south south and the fourth in nigeria.the like to dominate but dont like being dominated.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by rooftech: 7:53am On Sep 10, 2012
There is no ijaw in akwa ibom or cross river state. Correct this notion and mention the villages where they occupy.akwa ibom has a properly surveyed map
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ijawcitizen(m): 7:55am On Sep 10, 2012
fatai2: I support a motion for creating Far South-south for the IJAW pple. Let there Son GEJ get it done.

Ijaw pple dats all u need
No one is asking for a geopolitical zone for the ijaws, what we simply said was that the country is made up of different nationalities so states should be formed along that line to avoid ethnic tensions, resource control and a rapid developement that is not hindered by Abuja.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ijawcitizen(m): 8:04am On Sep 10, 2012
Torch1: Bro! This is Nairaland, comprehension is a big issue here.
My brother! I just cant understand the kind of "un-understanding brains" these guys are having. Anyway, I dont blame them, blame it on the mass failure of maths and english recorded in external exams over the years. God bless Ijaw nation!
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by remarkD(m): 8:09am On Sep 10, 2012
My brother, i was like "huh?" when i saw the east-west remark. so all this south-south baltradash is just used for convenience and is illogical as far as geography is concerned. its just laughable seeing a so=-called south-southerner" make a comment like that... so the comment implies "south-south" is part of the east, if his train of thought is to be corrected?
Ndi aghugho.
sheyguy: They now realise they can't play ethnic politic that seeks to divide and blackmail others forever abi, they av suddenly realized they av little in common with the east abi, it is time to win some support for GEJ: Some support from Parasites, Leeches, Awuf Lovers, Oyel Theives and NURTW abi . . . or how do we explain the fact that they are using the bad state of East-West road to justify their greedy request, when the contract for the said road has already been awarded long ago.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ijawcitizen(m): 8:09am On Sep 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
I think what he meant to say is that the South East is a homogeneous zone made up 'entirely' of Igbos, and not that Igbos can't be found in the South South; what he meant to say didn't come out as he intended....no offense taken. smiley
Thank you so much my friend. I believe without doubt that you're a role model to your confused nairaland brothers, they should be inspired by ur brilliance. Shalom!
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by ACM10: 8:21am On Sep 10, 2012
Moukafoam:

i wonder how u and ur igbo brothers do comprehension? pls highlite with bold letters the part where igbos were provoked in that writeup?

Nna na wah oh!

You are the one that has poor comprehension ability. Now take a closer look at this quote.

Benamaisia said the Igbo nation were entirely within the South-East geopolitical zone, there was need for the Ijaw nation to have its own separate territory.

Entire: whole or complete, with nothing missing.

Meaning that Igbo nation is found only in the southeast. Now, tell me who lacks comprehension?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by specco(m): 8:23am On Sep 10, 2012
blaqoracle: mind you there is nothing like igbo in neither delta nor edo. go back and read your history very well. the Igbo said they are from jerusalem, these group of persons never claimed so. i Honestly pity the igbos; the civil war seems to have detached them from their true history. the Most Convenient Way To Refer To there same people(bendel) ibo is for then to be called igbo speaking deltan. for Example, we, nigerians, cannot be called english simply because we speak english, that is why we are called english speaking countries.
0The fact that you made conscious effort to learn and speak english as a second language doesnt negate d fact that you also have ur firstline language which may be igbo, hausa, izon, yoruba etc. This primary tongue defines your root
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by rash47(m): 8:24am On Sep 10, 2012
Funny how the ibos are on the defensive this time around,not from the yoruba as usuall but from their closest ijaw neighbour. They need not be,the ijaws by nature are politically naïve,without any history of political cohesion like the other major ethnic,their major fear stems from post 2015,what will happen to their oil if their son isn't re-elected.

BOTTOMLINE;Argument of this nature by various southern warlords 've made me believe nigeria will not disintergrate, a loophole the Hausa-fulani have exploited very well. Believe me,they understand southern geo-politics more than the southerners themselves,they see us as dogs and baboons who will swallow up ourselves at the instance of any autonomy. Its a pity we never learn from history.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 10, 2012
[b]growing up i use to hear of hausa,igbo,yoruba,fulani,ibibio,kanuri,tiv,nupe,edo! 15years back i started hearing of ijaw,10 years back i started hearing they are one of the largest ethnic groups in the south south next to ibibio, 8 years back i started hearing they are the largest group in the south south, 4 years back i started hearing they are the fourth largest tribe,now i am hearing they want a zone of their own to even with the igbos, in 5 years time i might hear they are the second largest ethnic group in nigeria and in another 10 years the dominant group in west africa! but curiously, i have been around major cities in nigeria, had igbo friends,hausa friends,yoruba friends,ibibio friends, tiv friends,edo friends,nupe friends, i have met these groups almost every where i went and almost see some one from hausa,yoruba,igbo,edo,tiv,ibibio,nupe and kanuri on a daily basis but i hardly see an ijaw person(infact i can count the ijaw people i have met in my life), i have never had an ijaw friend, hardly come across a gathering of ijaws etc!
nigeria sha,its things like this that some people are better left outside the corridors of power![/b]

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by Afam4eva(m): 9:16am On Sep 10, 2012
torkaka: [b]growing up i use to hear of hausa,igbo,yoruba,fulani,ibibio,kanuri,tiv,nupe,edo! 15years back i started hearing of ijaw,10 years back i started hearing they are one of the largest ethnic groups in the south south next to ibibio, 8 years back i started hearing they are the largest group in the south south, 4 years back i started hearing they are the fourth largest tribe,now i am hearing they want a zone of their own to even with the igbos, in 5 years time i might hear they are the second largest ethnic group in nigeria and in another 10 years the dominant group in west africa! but curiously, i have been around major cities in nigeria, had igbo friends,hausa friends,yoruba friends,ibibio friends, tiv friends,edo friends,nupe friends, i have met these groups almost every where i went and almost see some one from hausa,yoruba,igbo,edo,tiv,ibibio,nupe and kanuri on a daily basis but i hardly see an ijaw person(infact i can count the ijaw people i have met in my life), i have never had an ijaw friend, hardly come across a gathering of ijaws etc!
nigeria sha,its things like this that some people are better left outside the corridors of power![/b]
O boy no be small thing ooo. I remember when i came from PH to Lagos, whenever i asked people if they knew Ijaw, majority of them will say they've never hear of that name. Even Ogoni were more popular than Ijaw. But today, all of a sudden they're the fourth largest group in Nigeria. They just used the NIger DElta/South south platform to launch themselves into relevance. I pity the other ND groups.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by DuduNegro: 9:20am On Sep 10, 2012
Abagworo: I always knew the day will come when this Ondo issue will be addressed once and for all. The so-called Ijaws in Ondo are actually a mix of Yoruba and Ijaw who like the chameleon could pose as any ethnic group of their choice. More like the Okrika and Bonny who are a mix of Igbo and Ijaw. The truth is that they have found out that Ijaw at the moment has advantages over Yoruba and want to switch sides. To me it is shameful and uncalled for.

Lol! If indeed true that riverine Ondo is Ijaw, then Yoruba is the only true nation within the nation of Nigeria. We have expanded our commonwealth and circle of influence into 4 of the remaining 5 political geozones outside of WEST.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by DuduNegro: 9:31am On Sep 10, 2012
ijaw citizen: I think what he meant was that south east is entirely Igbo. Only fools run when no one is pursuing them, only fools get provoked when no one is provoking them. I want to believe these bigots attacking Ijaw nation are not Igbos cos the Igbos I know are intelligent people who can read a simple write up and understand the content. Shalom!

.......your "shalom" cannot go unnoticed. The Ijaw top hat and black casock-like robe and the Igbo jewish ancestry is a perfect "his" and "hers" coitture for the creek "dumb" and spare parts "dumber" coalition
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by kaeto(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Is the bolded statement above by the Ijaw National Congress accurate? Are there no Igbos in the Niger Delta area/SS zone? Can't the Ijaw National Congress pursue an agenda without provoking Ndigbo?
we are not provoked at people who say the truth , infact we'll always support them publicly when they are right as in the above case so deal with it, aboki.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by DuduNegro: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva:
O boy no be small thing ooo. I remember when i came from PH to Lagos, whenever i asked people if they knew Ijaw, majority of them will say they've never hear of that name. Even Ogoni were more popular than Ijaw. But today, all of a sudden they're the fourth largest group in Nigeria. They just used the NIger DElta/South south platform to launch themselves into relevance. I pity the other ND groups.

.....nna, which one be "when i came from PH to Lagos"? Don't you mean when you emigrated from PH to Lagos........
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by pazienza(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2012
ACM10:

You are the one that has poor comprehension ability. Now take a closer look at this quote.

Entire: whole or complete, with nothing missing.

Meaning that Igbo nation is found only in the southeast. Now, tell me who lacks comprehension?

Thank you. Too many igorant people thinking they are intelligent,that's why the country is a mess. Anybody with a brain wouldn't have missed the word 'entire',used in that context.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by nagoma(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2012
fatai2: I support a motion for creating Far South-south for the IJAW pple. Let there Son GEJ get it done.

Ijaw pple dats all u need

And then he can go there and be there president.
Re: Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure by donigspain(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2012
What a charade of fools!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin Shares 20,000 Bags Of Rice As Ramadan Gifts (Photos) / INEC Lied About Weather - Hadi Sirika, Minister Of State For Aviation / Plot To Oust Odigie-oyegun Thickens As ‘forces’ Want Him Named Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.