Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa (1915 Views)

5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun / Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by Makweembo: 8:35am On Sep 10, 2012
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Pastor T. B. Joshua of Synagogue of all Nations, Ikotun, Lagos are probably the two most famous Nigerians known by South Africans. The very moment any of us mentioned the name Nigeria the next question will be about T. B. Joshua whom they adore and believe to be the greatest prophet to come out of black Africa. A young woman wanted me to take her to Lagos just for her to have contact with Pastor T. B. Joshua. Another young man said he has been saving just to pay a pilgrimage to Nigeria and worship in Pastor T. B. Joshua's church. When I told one of them that I am an Anglican, they were shocked as they could not understand why anybody living in Nigeria would worship in any other church than the Synagogue of All Nations! I felt proud and puzzled at the same time. Quite a number of prominent Nigerian pastors see T. B. Joshua as a controversial character. But here he is a household word, almost a saint and a hero. Indeed, a prophet is never known in his native land.

Patrick Tagbo Oguejiofor, Vice Chairman of the Association of Nigerian Authors, Abuja Chapter, works in the Legal Unit of Federal Judicial Service Commission, Abuja

SOURCE: http://allafrica.com/stories/201209090176.html

Fact or fiction? Can any Nigerians in SA confirm this?
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by floriana(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
Those who organised a coup against the Garry terrorists must be ruing their action now with threads like this being birthed everyday. What does it change if Obasanjo is the most popular in Afghanistan and TB Joshua the most popular in the republic of Zamunda? Mtcheeew!
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by Acidosis(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
floriana:
What does it change if Obasanjo is the most popular in Afghanistan and TB Joshua the most popular in the republic of Zamunda? Mtcheeew!

Why are you so negative..
Why not look @ the positive side of matters..
Its not about what OBJ's name, Joshua or your name can change.. Its about appreciating what you have.
Come to think of it, can a person's name change anything? okay let me spell Obama "O-B-A-M-A" ..

now that am through spelling the name.. what does it change?!

"one can never get anything good from someone you hate"

If you continue to hate T.B Joshua for the next 30yrs.. You can not get anything good from his ministry, mind you... some 30million foreigners would be giving testimonies during the period you were hating..
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by seunfly: 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
Am tired of Nigerians it is lyke we are suffering 4rm something, i don't know. Virtualy we never see anything good in our self, to us our pastors are fake while we keep mentioning d names of some pastors abroad, made in Nigeria goods is bad and we keep on inporting inferior product and use it with pride, our language is vanacular while we speak another man's lang with pride and castigate peaple who could not speak or write it properly, our culture as turn rubish while proudly celebrate another man culture, our money suffer while we adore and flash dallars, euro and pounce, no job in our nation yet we create jobs outside the country with our national money. The only thing we are good at is to downgrade our own, abuse our tribes, figth over stupid things and distroy someone who is coming up.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by Rossikk(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
Among the more educated South Africans, the likes of Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe and Fela, would be the most popular Nigerians as opposed to Pastor Joshua. cool cool
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by sbeezy8: 10:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
i believe it even in ghana they know TB joshua and Obj- weird
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by Acidosis(m): 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
who b tb joshua
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by hardywaltz(m): 8:46am On Sep 11, 2012
So?
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by Acidosis(m): 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2012
Acidosis: who b tb joshua

Please I didn't post this crap, an idio. t did after gaining access to my account (password & name)
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2012
^And you couldn't modify?
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by juman(m): 3:23am On Sep 12, 2012
Rossikk: Among the more educated South Africans, the likes of Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe and Fela, would be the most popular Nigerians as opposed to Pastor Joshua. cool cool

Yes, you are right.
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by juman(m): 3:25am On Sep 12, 2012
Am a muslim, but many years ago sometimes i prefer watching on TV pastor Adeboye or pastor Adegboye of Rhema chapel because that time I found their preaching more sensible than most of other pastors that just jump around and say nothing.

But I don't know what both preach nowadays. Nowadays the pastors with jets rule. grin And money dictates.
Re: TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa by Albert708(m): 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
Prophet Tb Joshua is the greates of all the men of God in Nigeria almost all the Africa nations want to visit is church in Nigeria, thousands of prigrims come to SCOAN every sunday to attend its sunday service. If u watch emmanuel.tv you will see what i am talken about.

(1) (Reply)

Rejoinder On Odia Ofeimun's Write-up. / Buhari: Nigeria Will Break In 2015 If… / House Of Rep Defection: Gbajabiamila Set To Displace Adeola-akande As Majority L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.